PDA

View Full Version : How Do You get Drones to gain Altitude?

Spoon
11-02-04, 23:18
Does it depend on their damage, aiming or range stats?

I can't seem to get them to fly very high, is there a trick to it?

And what are some of the good Drones around TL 60-70(especially an AoE one)?

Marx
11-02-04, 23:19
look down press back.

as for good drones...

uh... Look! Goodyear Blimp!

*runs out of the room*

Jest
11-02-04, 23:21
I think I specifically remember some drones not being able to go, but yah like Marx said, look down and press back. Spinning seems to help too.

SeXy Happy
11-02-04, 23:24
But as far as altitude goes, depends on the drones you are flying. Heavy War Assault drones dont go up very high, but drones like the Observer, Kamikaze, Particle drones and such, get great great great height. You can get up to the very top of the skies easy, even at a low level.

Spoon
11-02-04, 23:26
Yeah, I noticed they gain altitude when looking down and pressing back, but as soon as level it out, they just float down again, like there's some kind of ceiling cap...

Makes me wonder if one of the stats effects altitude, or differant types of drones have differant ceiling caps....:confused:

Jest
11-02-04, 23:29
I dont think there is a ceiling cap, Ive flown a drone pretty friggin high to where I could barely see the ground.

Spoon
11-02-04, 23:29
Originally posted by SeXy Happy
But as far as altitude goes, depends on the drones you are flying. Heavy War Assault drones dont go up very high, but drones like the Observer, Kamikaze, Particle drones and such, get great great great height. You can get up to the very top of the skies easy, even at a low level.

Are the Particle drones the PB series?
and does that include them fusion assualt ones too?

SeXy Happy
11-02-04, 23:32
Fusion assaults are limited, the GAL's can go high, the MR's cant, PB's are Particle, same with PN, Revenge, those are the ones that can go high.

There is a ceiling cap that you can't go past, but you never really notice because the draw distance in NC isn't that great and you usually lose sight of the ground, one way you can tell is my using an observer, fly high and use the Long Range ability of the LR-Scout

You will notice at some point that you are no longer going any higher, and that you will eventually see yourself "bouncing" off of the ceiling.

bounty
11-02-04, 23:35
lol yep, you can definitely hit the ceiling and the bounce back down can be super fast if you have a lot of speed going up.

the PB drones, scout, mosquito, and kami drones seem to be the only ones that don't struggle to stay close to the ground though. Personally i really wish the punisher would be able to fly a little smoother.

mdares
12-02-04, 00:48
drone with lowest altitude: punisher...

SeXy Happy
12-02-04, 01:02
Heavy slow and cluncky, but only good for leveling off mobs not pvp, which is funny, because by the time you can use the damn thing not much use in using it anymore as you are capped.

Or close to

mdares
12-02-04, 01:04
yup... possibly the most useless combat drone in the game... takes a long ass time to make and hits like a girl... a joke in pvp... pvm is ok for pissing something off but not useful if u wanna kill it...(unless ur in very confined areas)

cRazy2003
12-02-04, 20:35
its easy as hell
i dunno if its changed since i did it but.
all i did was look towards the ground, fly towards it full speed, bounce of it then press back as soon as u hit the ground and u shud bounce and fly stright up

steweygrrr
12-02-04, 20:50
But, may I say, wtf is the point of a PB drone being able to go so high when it only has a 100 metre range or thereabouts. Sure it goes high. But what use is it up there? :confused: :confused:

Bob Monkhouse
12-02-04, 22:19
Eh.......go high, float over enemy, attack from other side....retreat in opposite direction from meatsack, and less intelligent pobs (thats Player mOBs, human players with a mob's AI) will run away from your meatsack. It only really works on pobs though, experienced players will split up, find you and fill you full of holes.

bounty
12-02-04, 22:24
The point of being up in the sky are two:

1) during op wars if there are people in front of you, it can be very distracting to look up and aim at a drone that is flying around and hard to target.

2) You can get the jump on runners. If you attack from the sky, most people will make a 360 degree horizonal scan before looking up. Witht he mosquito, some will think they are being sniped and it will take even longer to realize what is actually hitting them.

Ryuben
13-02-04, 02:35
also if u fly very high up u can recon for ur side at a op war as if u keep on moveing no one can shoot ur drone at that highet

Invertigo
13-02-04, 02:38
i always wished they added a special funtion for droners that will, when pressed, gain altitude... up to the max of the skybox...or whatever it is.

it would be SO MUCH easier to control drones, you wouldnt have to look down and wait so to go, and then aim on people only to fly straight into the ground again...

like how flying in PS is...you just hold on a button and zoom up you go:angel:

amfest
13-02-04, 02:43
if I didn't bounce it off of something you just look down and back up a ways and then look directly up and push fwd and then down and backwards .. . you can slowly wobble yourself upwards in place . . . bouncing is okay but sometimes you still get a brake when you hit ground or you can bounce a ways maybe flying into that mob or person you're trying to get the drop on

extract
13-02-04, 03:10
Originally posted by Spoon
And what are some of the good Drones around TL 60-70(especially an AoE one)?

FC-100
dex - 68 I beleive, good mid level AOE drone......its a fusion type one too so it just looks cool........

Biznatchy
13-02-04, 05:13
To answer the question no there is no altitude control. Once your up in the air you have to matine the altitude with the look down go backwards gig. Or you will drop down.

yes we need altitude controls.

Spoon
13-02-04, 05:38
Originally posted by extract
FC-100
dex - 68 I beleive, good mid level AOE drone......its a fusion type one too so it just looks cool........

I was using the FC-100(TL 61) out at El Farid today, it works perfect there, till I ran out of Repair lube.....:o
I'm ready to try out the RG-100(TL 68) now, and probably make some GA-2's for direct fire, too, I'll see if they are any good...

I still can't get those damn Rocket drones to fly very high, the other drones I can get pretty high now....