PDA

View Full Version : apu damage

enigma_b17
11-02-04, 22:32
i dont think damage on apu spells got nerfed again but it needs to be fixed. I tested with a fellow fa on my apu (capped holy lightning) against a kami apu, who for all intensive purposes has no nrg resist. FI shot him 3 times with holy lightning, he was unbuffed, and damage was 30/40/83, he shot me and did 70, and i have 213 or so nrg resist. Whyyyyy o whyyyy

hinch
11-02-04, 22:34
theres other change too

i shot a spy with HL earlier hit him 7 times and it started off well

120 damage

then it dropped to

wheras i hit him with FA and 2 shots killed him

HL has had a secret nerf and either FA got boosted or everything has now lost its fire protection

joran420
11-02-04, 22:37
yeah i noticed FA was more powerfull...but it still pretty pointless unless they dont have a PPU

enigma_b17
11-02-04, 22:39
i mean i can understand the reasoning behind the range nerf, but to nerf damage, theres no reason, an apus const sucks too much, they need the damage that a hl used to do, not in the beginning when every shot took 50% damage, but 40 damage on a kami apu? nahhhhh

enigma_b17
11-02-04, 22:50
just tried my nrg beam and per shot it does 87, 120, 70 to a kami apu compared to 30/40/83 on holy lightning :\

Sigma
11-02-04, 23:17
i think removing randomdmg and keeping the current dmg would be fine

although i'm not sure :\

edit - i was the kami apu, but tbh i do have nrg resist full holy spirit + heavy nrg belt = 217 nrgarmor + 15 under con.

but tbh thats nowhere near enough to compensate the kami in such an enormous way.

i mean before the hlnerf 3 hls killed me ALLWAYS now 3 hls get me down to 1/2 hp at most

something is seriously wrong

mdares
12-02-04, 01:20
yeah i can confirm that; if ur apu and u use HL at an op fight, ur pretty much better off using holy energy bolt... at least that'll confuse some people... FA dmg wise is better now but like said previously unless u get unholy number of stacks on the target, anything u do can and will be outhealed by a holy heal.

my apu is sitting on teh shelf now... my prime pvp char: DRONER SPY! :eek:

Scikar
12-02-04, 02:23
Read up. It's not a secret nerf, it's a bug. Do a search on recent posts by Thanatos.

Lifewaster
12-02-04, 04:04
I find HL still hurts plenty in OP fights.

If you get anti-buff off nothing else seems to take down the target as fast as HL currently does, nerfed or otherwise.

Problem I see for APUs is 1v1 , they dont get chance for antibuff etc, but how to fix that without making them own more at OPs I dunno.

Omnituens
12-02-04, 05:00
2 reasons for removing random damage:

1) it really really really sucks

2) it makes testing, and therefore balancing, APU spells much harder

MjukisDjur
12-02-04, 09:31
Last time I used it I swear I hit this tank more than 10 times and he just kept running around. Ok, buffs in all honor but what the... :)
Next time ill pack my FA instead