PDA

View Full Version : Pluto : Crahn FC

joran420
11-02-04, 20:25
ok we've been trying to get in touch with our FC ingame for over a week....if you happen to read this out of game post please log in and check you email...

If we dont hear from her...what steps can we take to elect a new FC for crahn on pluto?

[edit] this is a rather time sensitive thing so hurry teh feck up

Ivory
11-02-04, 20:28
agree wid u there joran...its been a while since i've seen our FC online.

Judge
11-02-04, 20:41
Pluto and Saturn Crahn FC is the same right? Well he has never even replyed to my PMs on the forum. Basically he doesn't really exist. If you want someone to PM then PM the GM who started the offical announcement thread about FCs.... get her to sort it out :)

If you want to organise an event then PM Kirja (the BD FC) and she might be able to help you.

Shadow Dancer
11-02-04, 20:43
Why does KK pick FCs who hardly uhh play?

o_O

joran420
11-02-04, 20:44
cant PM kirja about this one ...cause she would have conflicting interests i believe

nonamebrandeggs
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer

o_O

Because everyone who plays this game a lot is already corrupted...

Judge
Ah... just went on the announcement forums and it would seem that the Crahn Sect FC position is now up for grabs. Damn you have to be 18 or over though. =/

I would seriously apply for that position if I was 18.

joran420
11-02-04, 20:45
fuck it ill take it
[edit] i dun applied

Shadow Dancer
11-02-04, 21:13
Originally posted by Judge
Ah... just went on the announcement forums and it would seem that the Crahn Sect FC position is now up for grabs. Damn you have to be 18 or over though. =/

I would seriously apply for that position if I was 18.

Wow you're not 18 yet? You act like you're 20 IMO.

:p

And eggs. o_O

Judge
11-02-04, 22:53
Wow you're not 18 yet? You act like you're 20 IMO.

:p

Nope, I'm 16. Though I can't tell if you were taking the piss out of me with that smiley. *shifty look*

Alot of people in-game are surprised when they find out my age. :cool:

Marx
11-02-04, 22:54

o_O

WHO ELSE TO BETAR RUN THINGS THAN PEOPLE WHO KNOW THE GAME?!

:confused:

:lol:

I'm stumped.

Shadow Dancer
11-02-04, 23:38
Originally posted by Judge
Nope, I'm 16. Though I can't tell if you were taking the piss out of me with that smiley. *shifty look*

It's a compliment. :p

Originally posted by Marx
WHO ELSE TO BETAR RUN THINGS THAN PEOPLE WHO KNOW THE GAME?!

:confused:

I'm stumped.

Your avatar disgusts me. :mad:

Judge
11-02-04, 23:48
It's a compliment. :p

Ah.... Thank you :)

nonamebrandeggs
11-02-04, 23:51

So would my toilet right now :).

Marx
12-02-04, 01:34

Just wait for the magic day scents can be broadcast online.

KramerTheWeird
12-02-04, 02:17
The CS FC knows the game well and has played it for a good amount. Just be patient with her she has other servers to deal with. Our FC shows up like once a month, we even got a second one because she wasn't showing up enough.

Marx
12-02-04, 02:20
Originally posted by KramerTheWeird
The CS FC knows the game well and has played it for a good amount. Just be patient with her she has other servers to deal with. Our FC shows up like once a month, we even got a second one because she wasn't showing up enough.

Man...

They should get FC's for each server - liven it up a bit, also that way each server will have its own... Plot line if you will.

I also find it hilarious that most people I've seen who needed FC assistance go through Kirja... Even though a good number of them are hostile to her.

KramerTheWeird
12-02-04, 02:21
She and Alex Starr are the only real active FC's on the server, hell they have organized events for other factions and participated them even.. a crahn vs ts event was doing by kirja and alex lol.

joran420
12-02-04, 05:32
ok aleshandra is still around shes just been busy with a new job :)

Archeus
12-02-04, 11:11
having problems posting.. ffs :/

SigmaDraconis
12-02-04, 11:35
dont suppose the FC ignoring you has anything to do with moof running about trying to kill her with my spy? :rolleyes:

El_MUERkO
12-02-04, 12:47
I dont understand why each server doesnt have an FC.

Then some of the qeuiter factions could be actively promoted.

Give someone the money and resources to help a new clan in a small faction and help make them better.

Maybe someone whos bored with thier primary server.

Say a Uranus person was maxed and running out of things to do and got offered the DRE FC position on Pluto, encouraged a few people to create a clan and then supported them with events and promotion, helped new runners in the faction and built it up to a position where it could compete for OPs.

The way it is now I think the limiting factor with the FC's is the need to speak German and English well.

If you could have a German speaking FC for Jupiter and and English speaking FC for the other servers then you'd get FCs who might actually move off the German server every once in a while.

Original monk
12-02-04, 13:22
FC are a joke in 9 outta 10 cases ...

and im waiting for the new GM's to be picked out, im curious if they are any good, the current ones are OK luckely, but im curious for the new ones that i dunno yet.

El_MUERkO
12-02-04, 15:48
Are they looking for new GMs or are you confusing GMing with Forum Admin.

Vincent Starck
12-02-04, 16:29
Well, I guess the problem is, that not all factions actually have two counsellors, like it should be. The application process has been changed a little bit. I'll be faster in the future.

Originally posted by Original monk
FC are a joke in 9 outta 10 cases ...
So I hope I belong to the 10%. But I don't agree. What makes you think they are a joke? Why don't you apply if you think you can do better? Do you even know what their job is?

Originally posted by El_MUERkO
Then some of the qeuiter factions could be actively promoted. Give someone the money and resources to help a new clan in a small faction and help make them better.
Well, if players would just ask the current counsellors, I am sure you would get a lot of help when opening a clan in a small faction. But it's up to the players to change, and I bet for most of you it's more tempting to be a badass drug dealer or an evil terrorist than an estate agent or a laboratory assistant.

The way it is now I think the limiting factor with the FC's is the need to speak German and English well.
Did you ever hear for instance Kirja speak a word of german? No - it's not necessary.

Archeus
12-02-04, 16:50
Originally posted by Vincent Starck
Did you ever hear for instance Kirja speak a word of german? No - it's not necessary.

Actually its listed in the job description I believe that you must speak German as well, the exception being one FC.

Vampire222
12-02-04, 17:34
Originally posted by Archeus
Actually its listed in the job description I believe that you must speak German as well, the exception being one FC.

nope theres two for each faction now, german and a english one

Original monk
12-02-04, 17:37
Originally posted by El_MUERkO
Are they looking for new GMs or are you confusing GMing with Forum Admin.

im confusing GMing with forum admins indeed in my previous example :)

vincent stark: i know what there job is yeah: i can still read ya know... and i know they often work behind the screens so they arent alot respected ...

but still: why the heck do you NEVER see em, is it an underground governemental organisation ? guess not ...

if i was a KK member and i would pick out some FC's then i would pick out the people that where online 24/24 practically ... not the ones that write the nicest applications but for the rest never show emselves fo the rest of there neocronlife's: if half of em didnt quit by know allready :rolleyes:

+ i dont like the FC concept: ya give extra's like godmode to people that can only abuse that stuff ... ( and no im not accusing anyone yust so ya know ...) but i seen people become factioncounseller that i know of ingame that didnt really have a pure conscience ...

in theory faction counsellers are really nice, but practically i must say no ...

same with the medal thingie, been discussed a few days ago ... sucky system cause there isnt a regularised continues method of handing em out: its yust plain random so practically you see that only the good personal friends/helpers of FC's get one ... and i dont want a stupid medal no ... but i like to point out to KK that this system doesnt rewards the hardworking people in the community or the specific factions ... it rewards the people/clans sucking up the hardest to the FC's ... and no .. probably not in all cases or with every FC, but as i see it this people/techniques are more common then the "honest" FC's ...

and ffcourse:

Why don't you apply if you think you can do better? Do you even know what their job is?

i applied to be a forummod here ... but they dont want me :) i wrote a giant DM to explain why i would be a honest forummod but i didnt even got a response: not even sumthing like: "youre post have been looked into but you dont qualify for the job cause of: you dont do enough this, ya dont have enough experience with that ..." or anything ... so i wont bother writing again next time: cause i didnt even know what i did wrong or why they think im not capable of the job ... after i think about it ya have to be somekind of rocketscientist or at least a brainsurgion to be a moderator ;) + ya gotta have a good taste: foodwise :P (pizzatoppings hé)

but back to the FC thingie: some time ago i wouldnt mind being a factioncounseller: helping people out of my faction and stuff... but as they say in belgium: "stick out youre neck and they can chop it off" so i decided i could also help people witouth having somekind of fancy title :)

plus the fact that KK would never accept me for anything official: like nidhogg told in some previous thread: they can see on the way you post who you are ........... 8| and i dont think i have the profile to do the official stuff i think LOL

so to answer youre question: FFCOURSE i could do a much better job (woops, my big ego popped out here fo a second) i would be leadcounseller before ya even knew i became a counseller (daamn woops again, i gotta watch myself) , but i dont wonna be a FC, i like to help the people as regular original, not as FC original like i said 2 paragraphs above : about the stick youre neck out and they chop it off part ...

good luck FC'ing and i hope to see you and all the rest of youre FC collegue's alot more on saturn ... not only once every 1,5 year when there is somekind of event where everyone is whining to the FC's yust cause they never saw em in there life's before ..

SovKhan
12-02-04, 17:41
JORAN FOR FC!

Marx
12-02-04, 17:46
Well, I guess the problem is, that not all factions actually have two counsellors, like it should be. The application process has been changed a little bit. I'll be faster in the future.

How long has it been? This issue should've been settled already... It's not like there's a shortage of people applying for the Faction Counsellor positions.

So I hope I belong to the 10%. But I don't agree. What makes you think they are a joke? Why don't you apply if you think you can do better? Do you even know what their job is?

Their job is to assist in plotline development and to assist their faction with ideas and items which would normally require direct GM intervention. That correct?

It's a job better done with FC's that actually show up on a regular, timely basis. As I mentioned before, perhaps FC's should be server based - seeing as most tend to act out their position on their favorite server anyway.

Well, if players would just ask the current counsellors, I am sure you would get a lot of help when opening a clan in a small faction. But it's up to the players to change, and I bet for most of you it's more tempting to be a badass drug dealer or an evil terrorist than an estate agent or a laboratory assistant.

The problem here...

Is that the small clan leader would have to forward his or her question through another FC, possibly one that's hostile to them

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the work I've seen FC's do. I just would've preferred they'd have been done by the appropriate Faction Counsellor. But hey, beggers can't be choosers.

edit speleng > me

Vincent Starck
12-02-04, 20:06
Originally posted by Original monk
if i was a KK member and i would pick out some FC's then i would pick out the people that where online 24/24 practically ... not the ones that write the nicest applications but for the rest never show emselves fo the rest of there neocronlife's: if half of em didnt quit by know allready :rolleyes:
Though I am on very often, I don't think being online 24/7 makes a good counsellor. IMO the most important thing is good communication. We are easy to get in IRC, in forums or by email. I prefer a counsellor writing events, articles and stories than someone who is idleing all day.

+ i dont like the FC concept: ya give extra's like godmode to people that can only abuse that stuff ...
There is not much difference to Gamemasters, we are watched like them. If you are not happy with our work, talk to us or Arbiter, who is our boss.

... but i like to point out to KK that this system doesnt rewards the hardworking people in the community or the specific factions ... it rewards the people/clans sucking up the hardest to the FC's
Me, like all other counsellors appreciate any medal suggestions. The higher medals can't be even given out without the consent of the faction council.

It's a job better done with FC's that actually show up on a regular, timely basis. As I mentioned before, perhaps FC's should be server based - seeing as most tend to act out their position on their favorite server anyway.
We have up to two assistants for every server. You could address any topic you would address to the counsellor also to them. It's their job.

Is that the small clan leader would have to forward his or her question through another FC, possibly one that's hostile to them.
In our team we don't really care about faction hostilities, though you may also contact any of our supporting Event and Content Coordinators (Arbiter, Honeypot, etc.)

Vincent Starck
12-02-04, 20:07
Originally posted by SovKhan
JORAN FOR FC!
Jordan? Katie Price? I support that! :P

joran420
12-02-04, 20:36
nope Joran as in me...i applied cause i thought aleshandra was inactive...but she PM'd me...she is looking for a replacement so ill leave my app in

Original monk
12-02-04, 21:13
Though I am on very often, I don't think being online 24/7 makes a good counsellor. IMO the most important thing is good communication. We are easy to get in IRC, in forums or by email. I prefer a counsellor writing events, articles and stories than someone who is idleing all day.

There is not much difference to Gamemasters, we are watched like them. If you are not happy with our work, talk to us or Arbiter, who is our boss.

Me, like all other counsellors appreciate any medal suggestions. The higher medals can't be even given out without the consent of the faction council.

i see: and you are right, being online 24/7 isnt what makes a good FC, but i think ya get the point: never seeing any FC isnt the right way to go either :)

also: i dont say im unhappy with youre work, and i dont acuse anyone but as always i have my doubts about the privileges (specially godmode) that FC's get ... altough i understand that they are required to decently fullfil the job .

and snitching to any autorithy/police/boss (squeeling/showin screenie's) isnt my nature ... im a regular player not an official, i dont talk about what other people do (fe. FC) ... thats their business: i do talk about the situations we get in when "not so clean" (tm) situations evolve out of this ..

when ya know what happens to a snitch here (where i live) then ya dont snitch. (online the only exception made by me is racism: then i turn ya in faster then lightning ...)

as for the medals i have a few suggestions (in any particular order) :
roe, castoff, babes, ethereal, thorn, zoneseek, schannuleke & bassment, angeldust be4, jernau, drikie, max jefferson, style, inchenzo, titan, mystic-crusader, wench, speed 12 and there are many more that did great efforts for there corresponding factions, and i may not know em all that good, but i know for sure that those people changed and molded this game and particularly the saturn server to the better, for there loyalty to the game and there help to everyone in there own specific skillarea's.

these people deserve a medal atleast, and there are many more that i yust couldnt sum up :/

i hope the corresponding factioncounsellers will check them names swiftly and if they play saturn they know why they deserve a medal :)

thanks alot for responding so quickly and polite Vincent Starck, im learning here more every day about the role of faction counseller, so i hope to meet you and youre collegues soon ingame, on chat and forums :)

Marx
12-02-04, 21:38
We have up to two assistants for every server. You could address any topic you would address to the counsellor also to them. It's their job.

As the head of a prosperous (and red) Crahn tradeskill clan on Pluto... I have yet to ever come across the Faction Counsellor, or his/her assistants. The closest I've come to something of the sort was someone who's jockeying for the FCA position.

All my requests have been relayed through Kirja because she's the only anti-CA FC who really makes public appearances. At least since Winstons disapearance. Frankly, how will a faction be strong if their upper teir is unknown to them, and generally not there?

Don't get me wrong, I know you guys volunteer to do this, and still have to spend time playing yourselves (:)). But the way things are currently is rather sad, and could easily be remedied.

In our team we don't really care about faction hostilities, though you may also contact any of our supporting Event and Content Coordinators (Arbiter, Honeypot, etc.)

Whilst I'm greatful for that, I must say, shouldn't that show the problem? As faction counsellor, shouldn't you be a staunch supporter of your faction and hate opposing factions with the whole center of your being much as the figures who make up the heads of that faction (storyline figures) do?

Vincent Starck
13-02-04, 11:38
As faction counsellor, shouldn't you be a staunch supporter of your faction and hate opposing factions with the whole center of your being much as the figures who make up the heads of that faction (storyline figures) do?
Yeah, no doubt, in character I completely agree. In game I won't give a rats ass about Kirja Iljusha / Sheng Jiang or Ronald Rodriguez / Winston Cross. And we applied for a counsellor job of a certain faction, because we are fascinated by that faction.
Out of char I work with them day by day. So I got to know them and I got to like them. It would be a little bit hard to quarrel all the time while planning events, etc.

Marx
13-02-04, 19:49
It would be a little bit hard to quarrel all the time while planning events, etc.

I'm not referring to you guys planning events.

I'm just saying it's asinine that runners have to go to hostile FC's for stuff their FC should be doing.

wench
13-02-04, 20:27
i considered applying for a fc position but got put off by having to deal with more than one server. im not saying i would be any good as an fc, but as just another runner i havent bothered to try because two servers seem far too much to take on.

i think it spreads your time too thinly. you deal with people in general on the one server you choose to play on, and you know how to deal with them.

if each fc had only one server to deal with they would be able to have for instance the help channel open for anyone requesting them. so if they are online they know someone needs them and are not playing their fc character. i know this would mean even more fc's but each one would be dedicated to your server.

Krysm
13-02-04, 21:20
The problem with having each Counsellor covering only one server is the fact that it'd be rediculously hard to control. There are 4 servers, and each server would need 12 Counsellors. That's 48 Counsellors total, as opposed to our current maximum of 24, which we're already having trouble filling.

If you do not know who your Counsellor is, look here (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&postid=1153729#post1153729).

If you're interested in contacting your Counsellor, just send them an ingame email, or do it on these forums. Most of us have said some sort of hello in this (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=58227&perpage=15&pagenumber=1) thread.

Just because I'm the funniest, nicest, and most beautiful Counsellor around (:p) doesn't mean that all event ideas have to go to me. Use the abovementioned list and methods of communication to get in touch with one of the others, and they'll get things done just as fast as I do.

Arbiter
13-02-04, 23:30
Hmm, need to slap a forum admin. Kirja is still a "Neocron Newbie"...

We are currently working hard on getting the team full, so some of the problems should be solved soon.

joran420
14-02-04, 00:18
[edit] oops