PDA

View Full Version : TH Defence ...

\\Fényx//
11-02-04, 18:45
okies this has kinda pissed me off and got me thinking o_O This is pluto btw...

the other day i logged a FA Friendly char, and checked out TH, had a look at the defence, turret placement etc, and worked out that it is raidable, where the spots are to heal etc, i know fact that there were some turrets removed patch before last in certain spaces. Anyway, me and a PPU mate decide to go check it out, see who's there to kill etc, and whaddyaknow theres prettymuch twice the ammount of turrets there. O_o I know that FA have a active FC, and this kinda thing would be passed through by a FC onto higher GMs to get defences upped etc and other things spawned, I know that FA are the most 'RP' faction on pluto etc, but why why why do they need more turrets there ? These turrets were either added back in the last patch, or were added there by other means, the place is now IMPOSSIBLE to go to, I couldnt even get in there and stand at the vendor long enough to buy some heavy belts with my PPU, capped heal running, heal sanct, shelt/def and i had t break trade before the 4 turrets there killed me O_o

Please can someone of status please confirm if this is the way its meant to be ?

TH is impossible to get into as the turrets currently are, yet yesterday i saw TG and BD wandering around P1 like the CA guards wernt even there, crawling around outside medi for a poke, wandering to the gogo right past the guards to get some gel or whateva... didnt even get shot, takes the fkin piss, they can also walk around fine in any other plaza zone, aswell as PP unless their hostile to the guards. yet tech haven the turrets come up instantly, and are fuckin powerful ...

Why not remove the turrets, and make it a safe zone ? That way none of the softy FA will get ganked, and people can still go there and buy stuff from the vendors that are only sold there. My tangent tank can go run around TG canyon for 10 mins before guards start shooting him, yet theres twice the ammount of turrets at TH and they pop up instatly and shoot right away, more powerful then TG guards...

Can any FA Please confirm that there are/are not more turrets there from 1 patch ago, did they all come back this patch, or added since ?

[TgR]KILLER
11-02-04, 19:31
Din't see any turrets added since last patch.. should have noticed it because i live there.. there were turrets removed in Th3 but thats it.. but as far as i know there weren't new turrets added..

FA wants some more turrets gone.. we even miss the raids.. to much aint fun but 0 aint fun eighter.. now we gotta go to MB to kill nubs and stuff :(

Darth Slayer
11-02-04, 19:44
Strange on Uranus theres no Turrets by the Heavy Belt vendor.
Maybe they Heard u where coming and arranged a nice surprise for you.....:D

Scorpius.

Duder
11-02-04, 19:47
How neat, instead of rallying players to defend against the would be raiders, they just get a GM to spawn some turrets, yippiee!!

A GLORIOUS VICTORY FOR ROLEPLAY!

petek480
11-02-04, 19:49
Originally posted by Darth Slayer
Strange on Uranus theres no Turrets by the Heavy Belt vendor.
Maybe they Heard u where coming and arranged a nice surprise for you.....:D

Scorpius.
Strange, what uranus you play on becuase the one I checked has turrets by the heavy belt vendor.

Possessed
11-02-04, 19:50
That's why I hate rpers... instead of adapting their roleplay to fit the surroundings they bitch and moan until it is changed so it is in their favour... damn rpers.:mad:

Psyco Groupie
11-02-04, 19:51
sec 2 had lots of turrets .. 1 and 3 should be raid'able .. end of.

Duder
11-02-04, 19:52
Originally posted by Possessed
That's why I hate rpers... instead of adapting their roleplay to fit the surroundings they bitch and moan until it is fixed... damn rpers.:mad:
YOU LIE SIR, ROLEPLAYERS ARE TOO BUSY ROLEPLAYING AND THEREFORE CANNOT ATTEND A DIALOGUE WITH THE RAIDERS, THUS TURRET SPAMMING. TALLY HO!

Hippieman
11-02-04, 20:46
Well most FA I think hate all those turrets. I think thats way too many just for one freakin sector. Should be some blind spots in there so raiders could at least catch there breath. Oh and isnt the turrets stronger than TG since TG guards use fusion? Thought fusion+distance=Powah?

I think most FA like the raids. But it seems KK still does there sledgehammer thing to anything. We wouldnt mind some turrets but not the current ammount.

Oh and about Plaza 1. Its cause its ShityAdmin and those are Tank Guards. ShityAdmin Brainwashing+Tank INT=Dumb Slow Guards.

joran420
11-02-04, 21:11
yeah I been saying this for a while now

naimex
11-02-04, 21:11
Last couple of days theres been raid on TH on uranus.. great fun...

["KEEP IT INGAME" Comment : When you don´t get shot at by your own during fight.]

joran420
11-02-04, 21:13
Last couple of days theres been raid on TH on uranus.. great fun...

i dont believe u....TH sec 3 camping right near zone line shooting turrets till some FA show up != TH raid

naimex
11-02-04, 21:20
Originally posted by joran420
i dont believe u....TH sec 3 camping right near zone line shooting turrets till some FA show up != TH raid

Well they were mainly in Sec 2.. but did advance to Sec 1 and 3 at some point, before they disappeared.

Hayato
11-02-04, 21:28
There were no turrets added Fenix and Duder why you gotta be an ass bout things such as this?

Archeus
11-02-04, 21:30
TH SEC1 is still the lethal death trap it has been 2 patches. Going into that area is suicide.

TH SEC2 had some turrets removed but the turrets are at relaxed strength (compared to previous).

TH SEC3 has had a lot of turrets removed and toned down. It most certainly is possible to raid here, and probably get to TH SEC2 (Although TH SEC2 could be held easier by defenders).

It is raidable, but not by a single pk'er and probably hard for a 2 player team.

\\Fényx//
11-02-04, 21:33
Originally posted by Hayato
There were no turrets added Fenix and Duder why you gotta be an ass bout things such as this?

because i go in there one day, find a few places that you can hide in to heal up etc, go there today without any patching inbetween, and theres turrets covering all the spots now O_o.

naimex
11-02-04, 21:34
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
because i go in there one day, find a few places that you can hide in to heal up etc, go there today without any patching inbetween, and theres turrets covering all the spots now O_o.

Surveillance :p

Darth Slayer
12-02-04, 20:23
Originally posted by petek480
Strange, what uranus you play on becuase the one I checked has turrets by the heavy belt vendor.
Shush you I was trying to sucker ppl in......:p

Jest
12-02-04, 20:39
When I was FA it always pissed me off that people would raid Tech Haven and then go stand in Plaza 1 for the rest of the day. Thats what pissed me off, defending TH is only half of the argument, I wanted to lay down some serious smack down on the people who attacked, but I couldnt. Because a good portion of the people who raid MB/TG/FA just sit in stand in safe zones all day. If you spend over 75% of your time in a safe zone and them complain to me you can't raid TH, then you will get no sympathy from me.

As it stands, I would love to get in on TH raids. I kill people outside of MB fairly often but 1) no one ever comes, and 2) its usually just low level people.

TH security needs to be tweaked so that it can be done with a group of 3-4 people. Nothing so simple that I can go kill people whenever I get the urge and then GR out after I kill one person. No, something set up so that when TH is being raided, then it is seriously being raided.

And yes, I spend most of my time in anarchy zones. I despise the Plaza. Pepper Park 2 in front of the Shooting Range to be exact. Leave the monks at home. ;)