PDA

View Full Version : Regants

Bengalmin
11-02-04, 17:57
Haven't been there since the new mobs where added. was wondering how hard they are and if it would be safe (relativly) to level my noob tank there.

he is /35 using a long laserblade 2 and duranit 2, with lots of energy and xray resist but no poison and little fire (mutant gunmen hurt!)

will I get my a$$ handed to me? what damage types can I expect and how bad?

Psyco Groupie
11-02-04, 18:06
you could kill the melee mobs but theres 50 / 60 and 70 ranked mobs with range, you will die, lots :)

Bengalmin
11-02-04, 18:09
I can "nearly" solo a WB while eating medikits like M&Ms, but I'm fed up with killing cyclopes at MB bunker.

hopefully I can find an LE PPU to come along :) then I'll go investigate

SorkZmok
11-02-04, 18:10
Theres some houses you can use as shelter. But as you are a melee tank, no chance. Theres just too many of em, even capped chars can get into bad trouble when all the mobs go aggro on them. Cause they got insane range and once you got about 10 of em after you, it hurts like hell. :D

Dropped a 5 slot heal there once :(

Bengalmin
11-02-04, 18:31
any other suggestion for someone who can't quite do warbots with good eng and xray resists?

hinch
11-02-04, 18:38
try yutano worm tunnel almost pure energy and you should be able to split the mobs to one at a time

their damage is also bugged so even though it looks like its hit you for 200 damage its only realy done 2

you should be able to solo them my /40 apu monk lvled solo there so its doable

MjukisDjur
11-02-04, 18:57
The thing is that it is a million mobs coming at you. Like friggin star wars of plasma :)

Marx
11-02-04, 19:00
Let me put it this way *you died*, you could probably make it *died again* to one of those houses *died* along the road to regants pretty easily *died again*. From there you can easily *die* kill some of the regants mobs *died again*, but in all honesty its not really *died* worth the effort. They only drop really shite *died again* material, although they do make for some *dying* good con gains *died again*.

El_MUERkO
11-02-04, 19:01
When I got to level 38ish on my Melee tank I went to CRP and joined a team, hit lots of stuff, died lots of times but leveled fast, good thing was there was a nice PPU who thought it was funny as hell.

Zu (Pluto)
11-02-04, 21:14
The mobs aren't too strong but there sure is an awful lot of them, and the water can trap you good if you are not careful.

Watch out for their awesome range! They can unleash green death on you from a looooong distance away! (ok, not green death, but green small-amounts-of-damage, which adds up to a lot quite quickly).

The main down-side is you can die fairly easily, and it's a pain in the neck to go all the way out there. And loot/reward is pretty poor for the effort.

Zu

MegaCorp
11-02-04, 21:31
Yeah, the killer is their numbers and the fact that all the mobs in the vicinity seem to aggro on you together at the same time. You can't really tackle them just one at a time to whittle down their numbers, unless you get lucky and find some loners.

I went into the area and was very surprised at how distant the aggro range was, given the single target i shot at. Then was amazed at the range of their counter-fire. Barely got out of there alive. Went back and tried again after healing up, and was careful to use the long range of my rifle. Again almost bought the farm within seconds. If i kept at it and experimented a bit perhaps i could have started killing them effectively and so worked my through the zones. But didn't bother going back a third time.

I *would* go back if there was some benefit for doing so, like rare drops or special npcs to interact with. But as is, doesn't seem worth the effort.

This may be a case of a place being too tough to solo and more suited to group hunting. No problem with that. But i do wonder if there is sufficient payback for groups hunting there versus the bat caves or one of the CRP caves; e.g. comparable or better xp or loot.

Spook

Darth Slayer
11-02-04, 21:37
Originally posted by SorkZmok
Theres some houses you can use as shelter. But as you are a melee tank, no chance. Theres just too many of em, even capped chars can get into bad trouble when all the mobs go aggro on them. Cause they got insane range and once you got about 10 of em after you, it hurts like hell. :D

Dropped a 5 slot heal there once :(
H'mmmm Hey Kid I can solo that place.......:lol:

Scorpius.