PDA

View Full Version : How about DetPacks for Tanks?

Archeus
11-02-04, 15:30
Spies seem to be getting a lot of the toys lately.

How about a high explosive charge for tanks? Tank puts it into thier quick slot.

presses a button and a package appears. They press fire once it drops and fire again and it explodes (make it lethal to close range, and poison mod ones).

While it's armed the tank has to leave the detonator button up. If they switch items then the pack becomes disarmed. Also while armed it can't be picked up (or maybe attempting to pick it up detonates it killing the person).

once disarmed anyone can pick it up.

Clownst0pper
11-02-04, 15:32
Sadly abit to techinqual for a tank I think, I honestly dont think tanks need anything else :D

Dade Murphey
11-02-04, 15:33
Or you can press ctrl+K for a suicide run (hooray tribes!!)

it'd be kinda cool...blow up some cars with it and such..hehe

Mr_Snow
11-02-04, 15:34
Sounds funny but not much use other then putting it on the PP zoneline, would actually be better if they made grenades work which actually may happen when they rework the HC TL system and you forget tanks only recently got rare plasmawave and the uber noob cookie cutter flamer.

cRazy2003
11-02-04, 15:36
spies only gettin the lving cos the resists are pvp ability is crap lol :p
well for most it is anyways, i think a detornator would be for more high int anyways, tanks can just use one of the black acme cannonballs with a fuse as there detonator :p

SorkZmok
11-02-04, 15:39
Originally posted by Clownst0pper
Sadly abit to techinqual for a tank I think
1. Drop bomb
2. Run away
3. Press button
4. Bomb explodes

Now what about this would a tank not understand? o_O

/edit
But it would need a restriction "Location: War Zone" or it would be used for zone line bombing only... :p

Mr_Snow
11-02-04, 15:42
Originally posted by SorkZmok
But it would need a restriction "Location: War Zone" or it would be used for zone line bombing only... :p

If I was in a warzone I would have a million of them to lay around ops during fights and would actually be cool if they were like mines.

Original monk
11-02-04, 15:43
Originally posted by SorkZmok
1. Drop bomb
2. Run away
3. Press button
4. Bomb explodes

you do realise you are talking about 4 complicated steps here ;)

Clownst0pper
11-02-04, 15:46
you do realise you are talking about 4 complicated steps here

MY point exactly :rolleyes:

cRazy2003
11-02-04, 15:47
nah u cud only drop and detonate one at a time a bit like the self detonate granades on GTA vice city (drop, run, wait for pedestrian, hit big red button, pedestrian explodes :p )
but to me something like that just doesnt seem like a tankie weapon, im not saying it shud be connected to a spy cos we have enuf stuff as it is but it seems more like a infiltration weapon so wen doy comes u cud stealth, sneak in and infiltrate DOY, plant the explosives, get out, get a safe dstance then detonate, if there was clan wars u cud even plant one at the clan apt door :p

CR@SH
11-02-04, 16:26
I think it would make a perfect tank weapon imo. Because this is basically a claymore and the soldiers would be the most qualified to use such a device. Could make for some interesting scenarios at op wars. I can just see 3 or 4 tanks each planting one of these bombs by the ug of an op and waiting til the clan comes up then BOOM. Hmm napalm bombs, gas bombs, radioactive boms. Oh the fun that could be had :p

Psyco Groupie
11-02-04, 16:28
the nades are coming soon, besides this sorta thing would be used by a spy cos he cant do the damage himself.

Scikar
11-02-04, 16:34
Originally posted by Original monk
you do realise you are talking about 4 complicated steps here ;)

Well 20 INT is just about enough for that I think. Better pop those zerk chips first though. ;)

netster
11-02-04, 16:43
think of the damage can be done by this babys :>
and it will help you to gain new SL-loose record :D

Rade
11-02-04, 17:22
Sounds like a spy toy to me.

YA5
11-02-04, 17:25
I agree ... thats nice stuff but too complcate 4 a Tank ... :D Dropping and 5 sec like Grenades is enough ...

for a Tank:
Throw it away! - Run away form Grenade!
better
Drop it! - Run away!

but the Grenades are jokes atm, the have to be stackable and need more Damage ...

I WANT MY TL72 GRENADE LAUNCHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CR@SH
11-02-04, 17:44
I want a rare grenade launcher, would be quite useful in tossing nades over the fences in op wars :eek: