PDA

View Full Version : MC5 Guards

DannyJ
11-02-04, 14:14
Im not sure if this has been asked before and i cant search for "MC5".

Has the damage the MC5 guards cause, been increased recently?

Either it has or ive done something to my setup without realising..

Stigmata
11-02-04, 14:29
i went a few weeks ago with my tank, i had all nrg armor on and 114 energy resist specced and they seem to do less than previously.

this may be down to the fact i had an extra dura boots and the boosted PA which gives a shit load of Energy

extract
11-02-04, 14:37
MC5 is a joke..........people now have to work 100x harder&longer to get the very same implant that many exploited and got 5 of each of previously.......just like the kami chips....lets put them in game for a week let all the big clans camp them shits and then take them out and watch them go for 20 mil each......

there are times when this game is so unfair its not even funny.....

oh btw to answer youre question......I have not noticed any increase in dmg, its just possible youre getting hit by more gaurds than before

DannyJ
11-02-04, 14:43
Originally posted by extract
MC5 is a joke..........people now have to work 100x harder&longer to get the very same implant that many exploited and got 5 of each of previously.......just like the kami chips....lets put them in game for a week let all the big clans camp them shits and then take them out and watch them go for 20 mil each......

there are times when this game is so unfair its not even funny.....

oh btw to answer youre question......I have not noticed any increase in dmg, its just possible youre getting hit by more gaurds than before

yeah thats another thing i thought that there might be more guards now or some of the settings were changed.

I agree its a joke now though.

I have been in there the past 2 weeks trying to get my chip and ive yet to get a single part i need, plus the fact ive only managed to get one part in the whole 2 bloody weeks.

sw1tch
11-02-04, 14:58
in my opinion, mc5 is fine with a ppu and tank with aoe, can get 700 damage to a boosted comander, taking him down in 7-8 mins

the only problem is they attack way to fast as you enter the room

I had a longer than normal synch (only 10 seconds) to the outside of mc5, and came up dead, because the guards attacked straight away

i still wouldnt try it with ppu apu, unless the apu constantly zone hops

Original monk
11-02-04, 15:17
very same implant that many exploited and got 5 of each of previously.......just like the kami chips....lets put them in game for a week let all the big clans camp them shits and then take them out and watch them go for 20 mil each

i havent been to mc5 recently so i wouldnt know anything about increased damage: i will find out this weekend i think :)

-> but about youre quote: the many exploited part intrigees me ... and i wonna correct that to: some people/clans/groups have exploited mc5 intensively -> not many -> same with the kami guards ( same people/clans/groups even )

and we all know who, and we all know that it is dirty and we all know that nothing has been done about it: and dont come over with: then ya should of screenshotted and reported em: thats bullshit cause we all know who and why ...

some really weird things went on in the beginning of mc5 ... seen a GM come out in copbotarmour on low health and stuff (he wasnt using godmode so i think he was testing the damage that the guards do o_O ) ... he seeks shelter behind a rock where we are standing says nothing and goes in invisible mode ... nuff said

no this isnt an accusation but i know what i see with my own eyes and that proves to me that there are rotten apples in every basket ...

with the kamichips it was even worse ... not even starting about that one ...

yust to say that they all whine about fucked economy but i think that those techniques of fastly exploiting the area as soon as the patch comes out ( they checked out the changes on the testserver before probably, or atleast sumthing like that..) and claim the area to ask extreme high prices for the items they obtained ... petetic ...

i gonna stop about it cause i get mad of the injustice and the fact that those kind of exploiters go there ways witouth problems ...

DannyJ
11-02-04, 15:34
Originally posted by Original monk
i havent been to mc5 recently so i wouldnt know anything about increased damage: i will find out this weekend i think :)

-> but about youre quote: the many exploited part intrigees me ... and i wonna correct that to: some people/clans/groups have exploited mc5 intensively -> not many -> same with the kami guards ( same people/clans/groups even )

and we all know who, and we all know that it is dirty and we all know that nothing has been done about it: and dont come over with: then ya should of screenshotted and reported em: thats bullshit cause we all know who and why ...

some really weird things went on in the beginning of mc5 ... seen a GM come out in copbotarmour on low health and stuff (he wasnt using godmode so i think he was testing the damage that the guards do o_O ) ... he seeks shelter behind a rock where we are standing says nothing and goes in invisible mode ... nuff said

no this isnt an accusation but i know what i see with my own eyes and that proves to me that there are rotten apples in every basket ...

with the kamichips it was even worse ... not even starting about that one ...

yust to say that they all whine about fucked economy but i think that those techniques of fastly exploiting the area as soon as the patch comes out ( they checked out the changes on the testserver before probably, or atleast sumthing like that..) and claim the area to ask extreme high prices for the items they obtained ... petetic ...

i gonna stop about it cause i get mad of the injustice and the fact that those kind of exploiters go there ways witouth problems ...

Sorry if you take this the wrong way but after "some really weird things went on in the beginning of mc5" i didnt understand much of what you said...

Original monk
11-02-04, 15:40
Originally posted by -={DannyJ}=-
Sorry if you take this the wrong way but after "some really weird things went on in the beginning of mc5" i didnt understand much of what you said...

hehe, i dont take it the wrong way danny, certainly not :)

i was talking about the exploiting that happend there in the beginning when mc5 yust opend (or re-opend if ya like, cause its been shut of several times in the beginning)

sometimes i get a bit extreme when its about clans/persons exploiting the system to make easy fast money ... its pretty unfair you see :/ and ruins it for the rest of us :/

anyway dont mind me danny, i will come back to post as soon as im home and been to mc5 myself to see if anything changed, i like being there ya see, with all them cosey plasma flying around :D

cu ingame, enjoy playing the game

dr.fish
11-02-04, 15:58
i went to mc5 on my ppu with a tank using doom beamer. 8 mins to clean the room.

5 hours there, 2 hours trading and i have a hercules chip.

it really aint that hard, just need to get ur brain working other there and u find out what works best.

DannyJ
11-02-04, 16:11
Originally posted by dr.fish
i went to mc5 on my ppu with a tank using doom beamer. 8 mins to clean the room.

5 hours there, 2 hours trading and i have a hercules chip.

it really aint that hard, just need to get ur brain working other there and u find out what works best.

you wanna log a ppu or a tank and ill log apu / ppu :eek:

hinch
11-02-04, 16:15
past 2 days ive pratically lived in mc5 on both servers i play on

definatly noticed a damage boost to them though

btw both chars each time were 1xppu 1xapu

Mingerroo
11-02-04, 16:20
The key problem is my opinion is that mobs should take longer to kill and use more tactics, not just flatten you faster. It is the most boring thing ever to walk into a room and get squashed before you even realise what you're looking at.

Either that, or turn what is currently hard caps for skills into soft caps, so we can slowly but surely get strong enough to smoosh those bastards :D

Steve

DannyJ
11-02-04, 16:29
Originally posted by hinch
past 2 days ive pratically lived in mc5 on both servers i play on

definatly noticed a damage boost to them though

btw both chars each time were 1xppu 1xapu

same for me, 1xapu 1xppu

maybe the guard's do more damage now to something different than they did before, if that makes sense 8|

da_pimp
11-02-04, 18:21
i say just have more then 1 place to hunt for these chips if you think about it thousands of people play on the saturn server and there is only 1 place to hunt for mc5 i have tried going there about 10 times and always get attacked by some other player

DannyJ
11-02-04, 18:51
Originally posted by da_pimp
i say just have more then 1 place to hunt for these chips if you think about it thousands of people play on the saturn server and there is only 1 place to hunt for mc5 i have tried going there about 10 times and always get attacked by some other player

do you not have any agreements with regards to mc5 hunting on saturn?

Most of us on pluto have an agreement not to pk at mc5...

at least i know i do with a lot of people...

sw1tch
11-02-04, 18:55

If you play on saturn you will know why these agreements will never work, personally i dont attack enemies unless they attack me first, still i only have my speedie and malediction on me when i go so i would have to run back for my CS.

El_MUERkO
11-02-04, 18:58
I had to do saturn MC5 LE'd due to PKing.

DannyJ
11-02-04, 19:00
Originally posted by El_MUERkO
I had to do saturn MC5 LE'd due to PKing.

wow, just, wow

Original monk
11-02-04, 19:49
wow, just, wow

at first i wouldnt Pk anyone there ...

at first i took turns there ...

at first i helped others out there ...

NOW: i dont talk to anyone nomore unless its with the opening of the barrel of my gun :/

if KK decides to make 1 hilevelcontent mob for a whole server that is worth hunting and youve been in there for about 4 hours and didnt had any luck with parts and a few noop retards come in screwing youre cosey huntingparty and talking shit to you the whole time and commanding you on how you must play in there then he deserves dead ... certainly when those same people let thereselves die as soon as they have the least damage from youre huntingbuddy so youre mate is at -44 sl ... + when the dude dies and ya kill the PPU and he keeps lying in there so the commander wont respawn ... then he deserves dead indeed ...

everytime i wanted to talk decently in there its always the same shit ... on saturn ... and i doubt its only with me ...

mc5 is the only place on saturn where ya can act lame all ya want: everyone does it there it seems; most people in there i think are nervous and get aggresive :/ ... what ya want if ya have the biggest server and the most valuable parts stuck togheter in 1 small room ... we asked numerous times for more commanders .. would also give a chance to more people to get there o so needed chips ... mc5's shouldnt be such rares ... almost every decent setup has to include one ya see ...

pitty, but: we have a saying in belgium: "push a man against the wall untill he cant move anymore and he will start kicking", and thats whats happening in there..

ciao

edit: i must say i had 1 other team in there once, that we worked togheter with and we had a blast :) smooth commanders, quickly dead, good drops, cool people: but those are extremely rare ...

also i must say in all honesty that ZoomZoom is extremely cool on saturn: its a tank that logs in regularly in mc5 and he's always kind, polite and chill, he always wonna help you out with wathever problem ya may have in there and even helps when you are looking for a certain part (thanx man :D ) .. i have great respect for that guy cause he isnt acting like the lecturing toughguy in there: he has a sense of decensy and respect, wich cant be said of everyone in mc5 ...

another option that happens alot is when good friends enter mc5, then ya cant kill em ffcourse so mostly we yust leave ourselves ... working togheter is an option but i saw more friendships brake in there then start out ... so mostly i leave wisely

good luck and if ya play saturn: double luck in there

and for the person that said sumthing about we have a non-PK agreement in there on pluto: i really (non-sarcastically) wished that such an agreement was even slightly possible on saturn, but it isnt :(

always the same shittalk in there :/

ciao again

shodanjr_gr
11-02-04, 19:56
Remember when i used to whine that MC5 is hard as shit?

Well its not. 2xPPUs,1xTank,1xAPU.

2 Teams. Tank AoEs and gets most of the damage
APU concentrates on commie. You can kill a comie that way in 5-7 minutes. Real easy...

I just wish that he always droped at least one part.

Lafiel
11-02-04, 20:47
nubs

kk, make mc5 harder pls

Mingerroo
11-02-04, 21:51
I'm not a newb just because I don't like dying before I've fully synced... I'm all for a smarter MC5 commander, who can take more damage, just one that I can live through a few shots of, instead of having to hide behind walls to fight ANY of the highest level mobs.

Steve

SovKhan
11-02-04, 22:22
it isnt that hard

extract
12-02-04, 02:11
No youre right it usually isnt that hard sovkhan, especially cause everyone has an PPU or Tank....me personally Im a spy person....I love my spies....and currently with the exception of a Pistol PE that is all I have are spies...........

Now I do have a friends acct who has a PPU and a Tank that I have used to go to MC5....BUT that was before they took out the glass, that was before you has NOWHERE to rest and heal.........now if you die in the room you are fucked, because theres nowhere for a PPU to sit long enough to where he wont get shot on a 1 min rezz cast time........

now lets take a look at where we were before........base commander in back back room........aoe down the tube til hes dead.....you were never touched........yep youre right it isnt that hard.........matter of fact I know a person from that era who could pull out 6 DS from their apartment from those days........

lets not forget the DECREASED drop rate.........when i used to go, there was never a time where you killed the BC and didnt get a part..........

me and a m8 went about a month ago.........7 times we killed him before we got a part.......and then just to find out it was a fucking riggers dream part......

so dont patronize me about it not being hard..........youre right, because now its about as hard as it always shouldve been, and the people who actually exploited are the ones being rewarded....because they dont ever have to do the shit again.......

fuck that

SovKhan
12-02-04, 03:07
i rez people all the time in room your ppu simply doesnt know what hes doing.

extract
12-02-04, 03:43
Originally posted by SovKhan

Ok I will call youre bluff.......go there with only a tank......let him die........and start youre rezz, I will go stealth in with oblit so I dont draw their fire, and I will watch them rip you to shit...no PPU, even my friends CAPPED ppu with all capped buffs can sit there and take fire without a heal........and you cannot heal when youre rezzing, but if youre a PPU then you already know that.

just tell me when a good time is and Ill be more than happy to partake in some good entertainment............

Valkyrie
12-02-04, 03:55
Originally posted by SovKhan

I hate mysterious "I am leet, you just suck" comments. I mean wtf was the point of this comment? You criticize this guy for not knowing what he's doing, and then completely fail to give any tips of any kind on how he can improve his technique. So how's he gunna improve? O_o

extract
12-02-04, 04:07
Originally posted by Valkyrie
I hate mysterious "I am leet, you just suck" comments. I mean wtf was the point of this comment? You criticize this guy for not knowing what he's doing, and then completely fail to give any tips of any kind on how he can improve his technique. So how's he gunna improve? O_o

lol, there is no improvement to be made as far as MC5 is concerned...no matter how "uber" or "leet" one thinks they are there.....unless youve got another PPU there healing the rezzing PPUs ass, or another attack class(tank, APU) drawing fire away from rezzer, NO PPU can withstand a 30 second or more beatdown from those gaurds..........hes just full of shit plain and simple...........

what his post shouldve read is " I rez people there all the time, but thank god that other PPU was healing me, and the other tanks were shooting them still or Id have been toast"

DonnyJepp
12-02-04, 04:41
lol, there is no improvement to be made as far as MC5 is concerned...no matter how "uber" or "leet" one thinks they are there.....unless youve got another PPU there healing the rezzing PPUs ass, or another attack class(tank, APU) drawing fire away from rezzer, NO PPU can withstand a 30 second or more beatdown from those gaurds..........hes just full of shit plain and simple...........

what his post shouldve read is " I rez people there all the time, but thank god that other PPU was healing me, and the other tanks were shooting them still or Id have been toast"

I rez people all the time in there, the trick is to do it when you aren't being shot at. :eek: Nobody said you have to sit there and take it from the mobs for 30 seconds straight, if you start getting shot you need to be heading for the door because as you said, once they start shooting you you cannot survive without a heal.

Remember that what you see on screen is not what the PPU sees on screen. Many, many times when playing with my friend in the same room, I'm PPU, they see all kinds of plasma action going on that simply isn't happening. I'll be sitting in a perfectly quiet room keeping out of the guards' line of sight, rezzing away. What they see is multiple guards hammering on me, but it's not really happening.

I don't know why the client makes things up, but it does.

So yes, it is quite possible to rez successfully in MC5 with no backup whatsoever. Our normal team consists of 1 PPU and 1 tank, the tank also keeps his own PPU logged in the back room for when #1 gets overwhelmed and dies due to lag or slack. It happens once or twice a night.

extract
12-02-04, 04:45
Originally posted by DonnyJepp
I rez people all the time in there, the trick is to do it when you aren't being shot at. :eek: Nobody said you have to sit there and take it from the mobs for 30 seconds straight, if you start getting shot you need to be heading for the door because as you said, once they start shooting you you cannot survive without a heal.

Remember that what you see on screen is not what the PPU sees on screen. Many, many times when playing with my friend in the same room, I'm PPU, they see all kinds of plasma action going on that simply isn't happening. I'll be sitting in a perfectly quiet room keeping out of the guards' line of sight, rezzing away. What they see is multiple guards hammering on me, but it's not really happening.

I don't know why the client makes things up, but it does.

So yes, it is quite possible to rez successfully in MC5 with no backup whatsoever. Our normal team consists of 1 PPU and 1 tank, the tank also keeps his own PPU logged in the back room for when #1 gets overwhelmed and dies due to lag or slack. It happens once or twice a night.

youre absolutely right, it is possible........but more often than not highly unlikely WITHOUT the aid of another PPU and or someone drawing fire off the gaurds.......if youre in that room and the attacker dies....those gaurds give u like 2 seconds to get youre ass out of there....and if youre fully buffed without a heal you wont take more than 4 or 5 bursts off ONE gaurd before eating pavement......

and now those gaurds dont let u just chill behin that wall and rezz anymore.....they get youre ass now.......

and just to clarify....its not like the PPU im using sucks, this is same PPU way back when, I used to go to pepper park and get all 3 of those copbots to shoot me at once.........

and if you look far back enough and do a search for a thread FBI made....he could successfully take on 3 copbots, with store bought spells and NO CON RESISTS......

so we all know PPUs can take a shitload of damage....but to sit and take that kinda damage without a heal and at least a 30 second rezz time.....unless you gonna sit and try and rezz someone for over an hour cause you have to keep zoning thats just retarded.....I think Ive tried to make my point enough on the matter.....lol almost to the point where I cant even remember what Im arguing about anymore....too fucking tired.........

SovKhan
12-02-04, 06:26
for the record i never said i was uber or leet.

Lanigav
12-02-04, 07:24
I think it would be nice if there was a place like MC5 that you could hunt as any class without having a PPU shoved clear up your arse. Its also near impossible for any PE or spy to beat anything there.

Or, at the very least, more than one location so its not so horribly camped and crowded.

40$Poser
12-02-04, 07:25

seeing as though pluto is a smaller server compared to saturn, any chance for an agreement is slim. Saturn has tons of players to make any rule about mc5. Which should be the way it should be.

winnoc
12-02-04, 12:17
Anyone ever taken a spy up there with a ppu strapped to his back?

Original monk
12-02-04, 12:29
Originally posted by winnoc
Anyone ever taken a spy up there with a ppu strapped to his back?

yeah, spy's are possible there ... with the radiationsuit (+200 xray) and with alot of resist in energy and a heavy energybelt ... but not viable at all ... cause there still weak yeah and have to be in line of sight with the commander to hit .. (a HL still casts when ya back of after a sec, and a malediction does aoe + the tanks or monks can still endure more damage and do more damage compared to spy in there) ... actually tank and monk is the only reasonable viable class in there :)

and for the rest of you discussing about the powers of rezzing ppu's: sooo funny lol, lots of you didnt ppu in there yet i think :)

and no im not explaining myself near: yust laughing LOL

DannyJ
13-02-04, 14:55
I gotta admit, those that are saying "Oh you cant rezz in mc5", please....

Even I can do it logged on a friends account when in mc5, and im an apu, with VERY little ppu skill..