PDA

View Full Version : What's happened to NC ?

=TCE=^Raven^
11-02-04, 08:35
I started playing NC back when it first came out in the UK, about 15 months ago. At that time it was not long out of beta, the servers were busy with noobs exploring the game. It was the first MMORPG I had ever played, an having tried quite a few since, as gameplay goes it probably still the best (ever present bugs notwithstanding).

I played NC for a few months, took a break, and then came back to it a few months back. I am now thinking about leaving again - despite the imminent arrival of BDOY, and do you know why?

BECAUSE THE COMMUNITY SUCKS.

KK seemed to have steered this game into such a minority niche as to mainly attract and keep people who basicaly enjoy the ability to wander around and gank completely noob characters, have a laugh, spraff on with some inane crap like 'hehe, i pwn j00', and then respond to any criticism of this behaviour by saying hey, its a pvp orientated game !!

I enjoy a bit of pvp, I enjoy joining a clan, trying to take and hold OP's, farting about with clan rivalries and such. However, getting gank'd by a Holy Lightning blast whilst killing Roaches with a stilletto is not pvp. Being unable to level in a low level dungeon because its full of capped chars taking pot shots at anyone and everyone is not pvp.

And don't start banging on about the LE, as it's plainly obvious KK do not and never have given it much consideration.

Shit, if u want to have a game centred on pvp you have to build a bloody game framework which will allow you to implement it properly. It seems ridiculous but it looks to have taken KK about a year to realise that alternative communities where never going to develop TG canyon or TH etc because they weren't safe zones.

The best thing that could happen to NC imo is for pvp to be restricted to war-zones, but I can see the forthcoming drivel about 'carebears' n shit that that idea will illicit.

PvP is a good thing in a MMORPG, but it is an end goal, it is the reason to develop characters to a point where you can engage in PvP in a organised and balanced way. This games setup fails miserably to achieve this.

I sometimes think that the life-course of any new player comin to this game is either :

A - Hey cool game ... SHIT! WTF he do that for .. not again, sod this

or

B - Hey cool game ... SHIT! WTF he do that for .. damn, can't wait till I can do that to others!!

Unfortunately I think the larger part of the NC community come thru path B.

Which is probly why its such a small community, and sadly BDOY ain't gonna change that. Which is a shame, cos it could be a great game.

Rant over, let the flaming commence.

Marx
11-02-04, 08:42
The only reason the community is like this...

[onoz, cdv rant]

Is because CDV didn't do their job. If they had, we would've pulled in more people. As it stands now, we're left with the core cadre of players who have pretty much stuck with the game through thick and thin - those new players who have joined have mainly been referred to this game by other players.

As such, they will more often than naught have the same attitude.

Anyway, your overgeneralization is kinda' laughable, not all servers are full of rampant pker's or greifers, and the sad thing is they're really the minority within the big picture.

Don't like the server - move.

Don't like the idea of moving - adapt.

Don't like the idea of adapting - sucks

extract
11-02-04, 08:45
Originally posted by =TCE=^Raven^
KK seemed to have steered this game into such a minority niche as to mainly attract and keep people who basicaly enjoy the ability to wander around and gank completely noob characters, have a laugh, spraff on with some inane crap like 'hehe, i pwn j00', and then respond to any criticism of this behaviour by saying hey, its a pvp orientated game !!

I agree with you and the worst part is the hardcore PvPers only RP when its a conveinent excuse............."hey dude why did you kill me 10 times out of GR im 0/2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"stupid nib youre red, EVIL, enemy KILL KILL KILL!!!!"

its just a fact of life, the day you realize that this world is full of assholes and idiots is the day you just dont give a shit anymore..........

mdares
11-02-04, 08:52
well your 2 paths are somewut faulty... if most people came through path A, then the game would be empty; only path B retains some number of player base, tho limited selection...

but i do understand how it is... getting ganked while killin a plant and have some anus tank with a lasersword come in and chop u up for good fun... actually tho that hasnt happend for a long while.. and only the most typical of lvling places get influxes of n00b pkers (hence y u avoid those places)

Estabin
11-02-04, 09:11
You will never get rid of griefers in PvP games no matter what you do. I myself make a distinction between griefers and PKers, PKers are normally organized and very good at what they do... they also take care of there own.

Griefers are the type who can't kill someone unless it is done as cheaply as possible and generally have no skill but love to piss people off and get attention.

Every game with PvP in it will have them there is nothing you can do about it, EQ servers, DAoC, AC, AC2, Shadowbane... every stinking MMORPG I have played that I attempted any kind of PvP you had the peopele who would farm new characters just to cause grief... the only thing you can do about it is put em on ignore and move on... this way you don't have to listen to them talk tough, and you also have a list of the people you want to kill :D

Chaplin
11-02-04, 09:13
And don't start banging on about the LE, as it's plainly obvious KK do not and never have given it much consideration.

May I ask why you took it out at 0/2 ?

ZoneVortex
11-02-04, 09:21
the community is the driving reason i stay at the moment

Drake6k
11-02-04, 09:22
I always HATE the community for 10 seconds every time I get pked. Which is twice since I rerolled... (Come get me I'm in pp2.)

Your mad cause you got killed. There are still a lot of good people in this game... Find a small clan full of good people or put your le in and stop crying.

I hope you quit.

sparrowtm
11-02-04, 09:24
I hope getting PKed when I make a new char as often as possible! Nothing to lose, only Con to gain! :)

greploco
11-02-04, 09:27
some good points

I'm extremely baffled why the LE changes went in, there was a good dual system going there for a while. poeple could opt out of pvp when they wanted and cruise around. it opened up the game for more playable options and I'm not really sure what harm that did.

Marx
11-02-04, 09:31
Originally posted by greploco
some good points

I'm extremely baffled why the LE changes went in, there was a good dual system going there for a while. poeple could opt out of pvp when they wanted and cruise around. it opened up the game for more playable options and I'm not really sure what harm that did.

they were trying to force players to interact, to talk, to deal, to amend, to love, to hate, to blah.

Relying on a game mechanic only cripples your own chances, not to mention it gave the option for you to hide from your own actions.

Now, you live a life based on your actions - If you're a well known and liked person, its doubted you'll be ganked. If you're a dick, you probably will.

I like it.

Originally posted by ZoneVortex
driving

http://dirtynuke.net/four-wheelin-crash.jpg

HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Oh geez. *wipes tear*

=TCE=^Raven^
11-02-04, 09:35
Originally posted by Drake6k
I always HATE the community for 10 seconds every time I get pked. Which is twice since I rerolled... (Come get me I'm in pp2.)

Your mad cause you got killed. There are still a lot of good people in this game... Find a small clan full of good people or put your le in and stop crying.

I hope you quit.

I'm not writing this just after being ganked. I haven't played for a couple of weeks cos I've been trying out SWG (jury's still out, are there no other MMO's that play like a FPS?).

I'm just tryin to decide which game to opt for, and whether its worth hangin on for BDOY.

I aint cryin, and 'I hope you quit' aint a very usefull contribution to the discussion other than running out of anything interesting to say. o_O

Dissenter
11-02-04, 09:39
Hey Raven, give me a dm in game sometime, seeing as TCE went abit tits up.

MI2k1
11-02-04, 09:50
There are alot of sewers in neocron. U better tried out the viarosso ones. U will see no players there. Thats how i manage beeing pked. U can kill higher lvl enemys too without beeing pked. There are alot sectors which are empty off players. No players= No pks. Easy :)
Thats why mb is pker heaven.

Marx
11-02-04, 09:51
Originally posted by MI2k1
There are alot of sewers in neocron. U better tried out the viarosso ones. U will see no players there. Thats how i manage beeing pked. U can kill higher lvl enemys too without beeing pked. There are alot sectors which are empty off players. No players= No pks. Easy :)
Thats why mb is pker heaven.

exactly!

PKers force diversity, but no one gives them credit for it.

Archeus
11-02-04, 10:03
Use a bloody LE. Whining about getting ganked and then not using an LE, no excuse.

Psyco Groupie
11-02-04, 10:05
[edited for violation of the forum rules]

=TCE=^Raven^
11-02-04, 10:13
"Use a bloody LE. Whining about getting ganked and then not using an LE, no excuse."

Try reading my post before giving such a useless comment - I'm talking about game design fostering a particular type of community.

"go cry about microsoft lady boi"

erm .. I don't quite get what ur saying, but I expect u get that a lot ...

Mirco
11-02-04, 10:17
When I first started playing NC the LE was out imidiately when I read that it gave 25 % less exp. I got ganked killing roaches. I probably got ganked doing just about anything in this game. I slowly learned where it was dangerous and where you had less chance of meating the feared PK`s.

About the LE. You don`t go out and start fighting a guy on your favourite pub and then after you have landed some punches say: Hold on, hold on. I want a brake. I don`t want to fight just now. 5 Minutes. I want to sit down and speak with my friends a little. We`ll fight when I want to in a few. The other guy: Ohh, ok. Either you`re in it our your out.

Psyco Groupie
11-02-04, 10:20

phunqe
11-02-04, 10:22
I don't know...

Seriously. I get PKed, I get very angry but I NEVER DM or spam trade channels. Even when I got PKed by PPUed noobs in aggie cellars because I crashed. It was very apparent that I crashed, since my APU is capped and I just stood there.
Sure, I got really really upset, but do I cry about it in trade? Do I DM people with "ONOZ U R TEH SUX SUCK DONKEY POO"?

No.

I just ventilate my anger in clan channel (as my clan knows by now :p), and go kill the persons if applicable (mostly I just save a little bit of anger until later and kill them then).

Geesh, you cannot get upset over crappy players. It's just a game ffs. Use it to your advantage instead of crying that the community sucks. Real life sucks. People push and shove you like a potato on the subway at rushhour. How would it seem if I were to start shouting "OMG STOP TEH PUSHING I'll LOG FABIO AND PWN YOOO H4X"... Either you just accept it, since there is basically nothing you can do about it or you talk to the person who apparently is pushing too much in a calm manner.

This is not particularly directed to the thread started, so don't take a grudge with me now. It's just my feeling as a whole towards people who constantly complain about the players and/or community.

Maybe I'm too laidback? I enjoy this game. Never mind if I get PKed at the GR, at the Chaser when looting, at the hunt when I have 5 HP left. It's the game.
I just think of things I can do with them later. Sometimes I do it, sometimes I don't. Life goes on.

Do you really think this community is bad? Have you checked outside your window lately? Read a newspaper, check how the world is going. One should be happy to have this community. Here we don't molest children, don't beat women, don't massacre people because of their religion.
Here we just play.

=TCE=^Raven^
11-02-04, 10:23
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
[edited for consistency]

nope, u'v lost me again

english?

Archeus
11-02-04, 10:26
I read your post. You say the community sucks. I say it doesn't.

You have an LE to level when you are a noob will stop the 1% of idiots in the game.

Beyond that joining the community to help you works. Even after a while the people who F6 enemies tend to be a bit more social to you.

=TCE=^Raven^
11-02-04, 10:41
This is not a post whining about noob pk'ng.

Stop telling me to put an LE in. The LE is not an option for opting out of pvp, the LE is an option for opting out of major parts of the game.

What I am suggesing is that the way pvp has been implemented has ruined the community.

I think NC is one of the better MMO's around (gameplay wise) but unfortunately the way pvp has been implemented has reduced the population to the state its in now.

We hope BDOY will refresh the population, but if the pvp setup stays the same it wont last, in fact it looks like its gonna get worse.

U will have that small hardcore community of 24hr pvp, but the emphasis will always be on 'small'.

phunqe
11-02-04, 10:49
Do you really think this community is bad? Have you checked outside your window lately? Read a newspaper, check how the world is going. One should be happy to have this community. Here we don't molest children, don't beat women, don't massacre people because of their religion.
Here we just play.

EDIT: how on earth did I manage that? I just edited my post o_O o_O

Drake6k
11-02-04, 10:56
PVP is not what makes this community small

No advertising and patch 160 make this community small.

PUT YOUR LE IN
It only takes out the option of being in a clan and that other brain slot. WOOHOO use your buddy list.

Sorontar
11-02-04, 11:02
My experiences in NC have been virtually the same as when I started UO ( This was before they created a PVP world and PVM world tp split the two communities ). I have been ganked by stronger players who had become bored of the game and just go on killing sprees because that is all the game seems to offer them.

But I have responded to being killed in both games exactly the same way ......... take names and create a vengeance list.

So add a C option

Get better so they can't do that to me without a struggle.

Now by the time I have capped, the guys who are on my current Silent Hunter list will have re-rolled , switched server or left in all likelihood. But it stops me getting too vexxed about the whole situation.

The LE is the option that allows you to get the core character that will enable you to fight back when you finally take it out. If you never want to PVP just keep it in.

I joined this game because I'm a RPer and love Shadowrun / Cyberpunk and I also like MMORPGs. I don't really PVP unless forced to in self defence as I play a tradeskiller but the FPS aspect is part of the game that sets it above anything else. It pisses me off that PVPers outweigh the RPers and are changing this game into a fragfest because they cry the loudest on the forums. But I will continue to RP until it is turned into Quake.

At which point I will dust off Soldier of Fortune II and play that.

J. Folsom
11-02-04, 11:04
... You got killed in the sewers? The normal, level 1, sewers? The type of which there's at least 30 different ones while there's probably only one PKer who checks them?
That's pretty amazing, actually, the odds for that to happen are crazy small.

Anyway, do a bit of a search around for some other level 1 sewers, there's probably a few most people don't even know exist.
Definitely never use the ones in Plaza 1 though, Plaza 1 is evil. PURE evil. Even when retail started you could get a quiet sewer simply because everybody and their dog were levelling in those silly plaza 1 sewers.

So, can't really see your point, yes you got killed, so does everyone, yes it's a pain that there's newbie gankers around, but on the other hand that's such a small part of the community that I can't really see the point.
Every single MMO game with "free" PvP has newbie gankers, it's a simple fact that if people can, they will. It's part of the game to find ways around it, this can either be done simply (LE), or slightly more difficult by actually looking around for a better place to level, and there's lots of places no one ever comes.

numb
11-02-04, 11:23

Stop telling me to put an LE in. The LE is not an option for opting out of pvp, the LE is an option for opting out of major parts of the game.

People are telling you to put your LE in because at the level for Sewers/Cellars there is absolutely NO reason why you wouldnt want it on besides joining a clan - and even then, what good are you to your clan at 0/2? You dont lose out on any XP these days, it's changed. All you miss is 1 brainslot + you dont need 4 at all at that level. And you dont have to run back and find your belt when you die - so it's an advantage.

What I am suggesing is that the way pvp has been implemented has ruined the community.

Besides the stupid soulight loss laws (ie 5 item drop), I cant see what's wrong with the pvp in NC. Would you prefer it to be like SWG where you must ask your opponent if they are willing to fight? (yawn...)

Babes
11-02-04, 11:29

I think NC is one of the better MMO's around (gameplay wise) but unfortunately the way pvp has been implemented has reduced the population to the state its in now.

We hope BDOY will refresh the population, but if the pvp setup stays the same it wont last, in fact it looks like its gonna get worse.

U will have that small hardcore community of 24hr pvp, but the emphasis will always be on 'small'.

*shakes Head stands along side Archeus *

PvP implementation in NC is Fine...infact fantastic apart form a bit of lag and sync.

So as i understand it you want to play *major parts of the game.
* without an LE and not be Pked in the sewers while leveling....Sorry i just dont get the math to that one.

if you do not wear a LE there is only one rule........You live and Die my the sword ... or Holylighting in your case.

If you take your LE out you WILL die its simple... as for DOY and size of the community thats down to advertising and KK..

If one of are clan noobs is PKed at say gab mine by a **SINGLE and sometimes GROUP of Pkers**....clan GR in Kill the pker...drop are pants on the ground and sex him....and the ppu rezz's the noob.

No without any restrain......STFU...put you LE in ...or join a clan. To be honest you dont understand the game, it sounds to me you have not played enough and just want an easy time of it.

Or its just not your type of game....as they say dont let the door hit you on the way out.

Lucjan
11-02-04, 11:38

Tbh I dont believe in the "PvP ruined the community" or the "community is bad" statements. Not even a bit.

Neocron is different, not all MMORPGs can be the same. Neocron went for a realistic open PvP approach and doesnt do bad at that. You can get killed pretty much everywhere by everyone who wants to and there is nothing wrong with that when we consider it is a Cyberpunk based game. This of coz doesnt appeal to all players, but you cant have a MMORPG that will satisfy all players.
NC picks a particular group, a group that is actually growing as we can get the other things in other MMORPGs while the open PvP in that form is available only in NC. As it seems NC will even go more into that direction with DoY.

Maybe NC just isnt the game for you? To like it you have to like the majority of aspects of this game, not only a few things and understand and accept the core component of this game: PvP
Sure, it would be great if there would be more RP, it would be awesome if only reasonable people would play it and there would be no griefing of players, but this wont gonna happen, there are always a few who will do it. Nothing new to MMORPGs as we know, hell even The Sims Online has that problem.

As for the mentioned newbie killing thing: I do believe you all that it does exists, but Ive never seen it in the past months. Maybe Im playing on the wrong servers. Tbh when it comes to newbies and my quite fresh experience on Uranus and Pluto I would say NC is newbie heaven now, the support you get as a newbie is just amazing.

Lana DarkWolf
11-02-04, 12:07
I think Pk'ing makes the game more fun, ok its a right pain in the ass when someone kills you when u have no hope of defending yourself (like being 0/2 or whilst hacking), but it does give you something to aim for .....getting revenge :D

It has happend a lot to me in the past being randomly pk'd, even when i was still a noob, but theres nothing better than eventually tracking down & killing them.
If there was no pking (not noobie pking cos thats just lame imo) i think i would seriously tire of the game fast.

(Sorry didnt read all of thread since im in work :p )

Devils Grace
11-02-04, 12:47
i think the question is

why are u and some other ppl get so upset of beeing killed when u actually know that it can happen

its like u guyz think its a perm death

i really dont get it

everyone in this game, and i mean everyone, was pked many times, some more then others..

its just poke and get back

cRazy2003
11-02-04, 13:01
its completely true KK are thinking more about the current community then how many players they will lose cos of noob ganking, other faults etc which in a way is a good thing but i hope they do realise its the current community which is driving away loads of new players, but it depends how KK wants to see and react to the situation. and a prime example of what i mean is from drake 6K quote

"Your mad cause you got killed. There are still a lot of good people in this game... Find a small clan full of good people or put your le in and stop crying.

I hope you quit."

drake and all the rest i hope u all realise this is driving away new players which u probably airnt bothered about but i bet when the amount of players on NC start dropping KK will be bothered.
ur all putting urselfs first above the game and u airnt bothered about who u annoy and what effect u have on the game, i know a lot will moan saying how its PvP and mmorpg and all that bullshit but if u think realistically games are meant to be fun, u play and PAY for this game to enjoy it and have something to do, but i bet anything that it just really annoys must new characters and makes then wanto quit, all the vets have had there turns enjoying the game now please try and give noob characters the chance to enjoy this game until they are high enough to defend themselfs, and if you do truely believe in PvP you would rather have a challenging duel then a 0/2 ganking, and if u do gank noobs and u prefer it, then thats just sad knowing you like killing people who cant defend themselfs and knowing you will win.
and dont reply about pvp and bullshit all of u know exaclty what i mean and as far as im concerned its the truth.

bounty
11-02-04, 13:05
To the thread starter,

You and I are obviously completely different in our personalities and things that excite us, but to be brutally honest, PvP, and YES even greifers are some of the reasons I have stayed around for so long.

Now before you go off the deep end, i have played numerous games and am 23 years old, go to college AND hold a decent paying part time job. I don't owe you any of that information but I don't want you to jump to conclusions or make assumptions about my age or maturity level.

Back to my point, those pkers and greifers gave me reason to grow stronger, level faster, and focus in on my fighting skills. Some of them are quite entertaining. Starkes for example, talk about pure entertainment 24/7 from that guy. I liked people shouting in zone that PKers were in the zone, it made me scared, it got my heart racing and it made this game, dare i say, exciting?
PKers also break out the monotony of everyday life in neocron. Sure, it sucks and you gotta pay some money to get your backpack and a few pokes but you might strike up conversation or become friends with the guy that pokes you. Or hell i've even dm'ed a pker before and asked him simple questions like why? Sometimes i've even become friends with them, or they mistook me for another player and gave me money or even poked me back up.

I enjoy every part of this game, i have tradeskillers, support, and combat characters alike and I enjoy all of them for different reasons.

If you do not like to die, then as stated hundreds of times on this board, put your LE in. You running around as a 0/2 without an LE in is making you look about as dumb as the guy that PKs a 0/2. I saw a 5/9 monk today without an LE in, in the aggie sewers and i asked myself one simple question "why is he doing that?" If your argument is that you want occasional PvP, sorry but you can't kill someone on monday and be immune to gunfire on tuesday. That takes away the revenge aspect. I always hated seeing the guy that PK'ed me or shot at me with his LE in doing missons up at MB. This will make people more reputable and they will have to answer to their actions in a positive or negative way.

This is a post apocolyptic world. It is grungy, dirty, violent, and most importantly, it is lawless. If anything, i'd say this game is a little too carebear, and not lawless enough. And if you don't think people in a lawless world would not act very similarly to neocron, then you should check your history books.

Overall I would say that you are just in that small population of peoples that doesn't belong in this game, i hope SWG suits your need, there you can PvP on your own terms and not have to worry about dying.

And i guess this next statement is gonna be a little immature but,

Can I have your stuff?

angelsenior
11-02-04, 13:08
@ TC raven,

It only takes a few idiot gankers to give the impression that everyone is a ganker, while in fact, not everybody is as such.
Many players go against gankers and will hunt them down whenever possible.
Though not very amusing, they add the touch of danger that is amiss in many games.
There are many places to level quietly in NC just explore the wastes and you'll find them.

Trying SWG heh?, I did it too for a few months, it started fine but in the end its worse then Neocron regarding fun factor (my opinion).

cRazy2003
11-02-04, 13:13
quote bounty: "Overall I would say that you are just in that small population of peoples that doesn't belong in this game, i hope SWG suits your need, there you can PvP on your own terms and not have to worry about dying."

lol another example of why people leave this game, and why NC's ratings r gonna drop.

i dont mind if and wen i get PK'd about pokes and shit it just annoys me if i do something for ages and get along way then end up getting PK'd. it also really annoys me wen im in NF with a few people from other factions talking and having a good time then we all leave and wen i get sync lag they all gank me like we'd never met before and the time we had talking and dueling etc meant nothing, dying because of sync bugs etc also annoys me.
at the moment from my point of view i show the definate most respect to people who rely on how nice someone is, how well u know them etc, if ur in an enemy faction and the guy is bein an asshole then u can kill him np
but if hes helpful and just levellng and minding his own buisness i cant see why u have to.
and i said why u have to because atm it seems like all PK'ers MUST pk by the way ive heard them talking, thats just there excuse to do it and its bs.

sanityislost
11-02-04, 13:13
dude i love the community on pluto

and i dont have any plans to leave this game for along time:angel: :angel: o_O :angel: :angel:

bounty
11-02-04, 13:18
Originally posted by cRazy2003
quote bounty: "Overall I would say that you are just in that small population of peoples that doesn't belong in this game, i hope SWG suits your need, there you can PvP on your own terms and not have to worry about dying."

lol another example of why people leave this game, and why NC's ratings r gonna drop.

My point there wasn't derrogatory, it was simple. If i thought like him, i wouldn't like this game and probably enough to quit and go play something else. Mind boggling concept isn't it?

cRazy2003
11-02-04, 13:26
Originally posted by bounty
My point there wasn't derrogatory, it was simple. If i thought like him, i wouldn't like this game and probably enough to quit and go play something else. Mind boggling concept isn't it?

yes lol :p
but id rather be helpful and let new players enjoy themselfs,
this game has amazing potential, i personally think its teh win, we just have to make sure new players enjoy it to the point when they can fight fair and see how much they can enjoy it, because if u make a new char first time playing and get ganked it wont go down on the games first impression very well

evs
11-02-04, 13:45
However, getting gank'd by a Holy Lightning blast whilst killing Roaches with a stilletto is not pvp. Being unable to level in a low level dungeon because its full of capped chars taking pot shots at anyone and everyone is not pvp.

amen

tbh why not just scrap the LE and have a few 'non combat' levelling areas - like the sewers.

Lana DarkWolf
11-02-04, 14:01
Suppose non-combat ares for noobies could be a good idea, BUT! as long as they dont go too over the top, like turning every damn hunting spot into a "non-combat" zone like CRP or something.

Making the first MC5 area a total non-combat zone, with a few extra mobs here and there to lvl on could work well, since nobody can get back in once they've left.

Then once they hit the real NC GANK!!!! :p but seriously if the real new people could reach decent lvls in MC5 that would help em a lil at least.

Chaplin
11-02-04, 15:56
The LE is not an option for opting out of pvp, the LE is an option for opting out of major parts of the game.

What the hell are you talking about? Please name the "major parts of the game" you miss with LE, I seriously don't get it...
You cannot mean PvP as it's a game for mid- to highlevels so no reason here to take it out at 0/2, get rid of it at xx/45+ instead.

Gydjia
11-02-04, 17:00
What I dont understand is why these 'The community is full of horrible people who don't play the game properly like me' elitist threads don't get closed instantly. I mean, this is just flame bait really isn't it ?

Okay, every community has it's fair share of morons, be it outside yr front door, or here in an online game. What on earth do any of you expect this thread to achieve ? Do you think the ppl you are ranting against are going to doff their cap in deference to your superior inter-personnel skills and mend their ways ? Or, do you think KK are going to ask for a list of ppl from u that need banning ?

I mean, what is the point of this ? We all know the game has a certain number of total twats *shrug*, if they're spoiling the game for you too much then stop playing. Or at the least, for the sake of us all, please shutup. We KNOW there are twats in the game, u r preaching to the choir there. BUT there are not as many of them as you are making out. Honestly, there arent. The good ppl outnumber the bad in this game, always have, even on the much maligned Saturn server.

PvP/LE changes blah de omg-not-all this-again-puurrrllleassse did not encourage ppl to become dickheads, nor did it encourage more to join (in that dickheads only know dickheads so word of mouth about the game only recruits more dickheads into the game. What a screwed, unpleasant, bigoted logic that is). I mean FFS are you suggesting changes to the game mechanics will socially engineer out the morons in the game ? I mean really, are you that dumb, or fascistic in your outlook ? Do you have such a dim opinion of your fellow man, thats a real shame.

U may be superior to these ppl you don't like as far as you are concerend, thats fine, I'm glad that its working for you. U can however keep it to yourself, and your own clique, that would be really cool of you all. I can bitch endlessly about certain gobshites, PKing plebs and morons in the game, but if I want to (which is v.rare) I do it only among friends, cos I know that making myself look like an elitist bitch by whining about them on the forums isnt going to make me a pretty person.

Get over it , or leave the game.

Erostratus
11-02-04, 17:22
I can say from my point of view starting neocron about 5 days ago and reading over the boards before hand that there isnt a chance in hell I would take my LE out at lower levels on established servers.

You know your going to get PK'ed all you have to do is look over some of the forum threads and pics to see that but thats with just about any pvp style mmorpg.

Theres just no incentive for new players to remove their LE's until their strong enough to stand a chance of fighting back and established players are always going to have the foot up on the new players coming in with pvp games or mmorpg in general.

I would of liked to get my hands on Neocron at its release, in any pvp mmorpg the best time to be in is from the start. Old pvp players who start at launch dont have to contend with capped players pk'ing, griefing or locking down spawns...they just fight each other or the mobs on a somewhat level playing field.

Thats why Im one of the few supporters of perma-death in mmorpg pvp's. To me all current non-permadeath servers are carebear and permadeath is the only thing that is ever going to change that...the only thing that keeps getting thrown in the supporters of permadeaths face is the link death issue.

Aside from that I get a kick out of people calling everyone carebears when their carebears too. Nothing like getting a character to level 60 and getting killed by ten newbies you didnt see when your trying to pk the one newbie you did. High level characters are like rabbits if you dont manage them somehow their population is going to get out of hand. Permadeath solves the problem by making sure only a hand full survive to those levels.

Then people cry they dont want to spend all that time building their character and have them die by newbies carrying baseball bats..lol. Lifes tough start over and be careful next time walk around with your friends for protection, form stronger bonds of friendship, stay the hell away from areas full of gangs of newbies carrying baseball bats and stun guns.

So everyone who says pvp and pk'ing adds to the game I say that permadeath pvp pk'ing would add even more to the game.

Give any newbie a chance to group up with other newbies and zerg some high level character and know after they dropped him/her they could loot all their gear and he/she wasnt coming back...well you would have LE's piling up in the corners.

But until that time comes and link death is no longer an issue and everyone gets over the fear of permadeath keep your LE in until you have the strength to fight back, its the only way to go in these types of games where older players have the edge.

Personally I hope DoY brings in more players I've brought in a few friends myself and who knows with enough new players maybe the Neptune server I've read about in other threads will go live. Then you can scrap the LE from the start and play Neocron the way its supposed to be played. However with servers able to support 1-2k players and only housing 300 I doubt this will happen anytime soon.

But in general I agree with whoever said its a game have fun and dont get to worked up over it. I'll probably junk my LE soon for that very reason it just adds an extra element of enjoyment and as long as you tell yourself its a game and someone pk'ing you is no different from getting pounced by Donkey Kong you'll be ok.

Clownst0pper
11-02-04, 17:40
You have an LE to level when you are a noob will stop the 1% of idiots in the game

FFS just because I gank someone who is an enemie faction and half my level doesnt make me or them an idiot, its what is what.

Xylaz
11-02-04, 18:30
Originally posted by Clownst0pper
FFS just because I gank someone who is an enemie faction and half my level doesnt make me or them an idiot, its what is what.

[edited for consistency]

Yeah, you are right... and at the same time your words speak enough of you.

I'm beggining to think that whole this pvp/girefing issue is not a real source of problems really. Going even further, i'd say that removing all safe zones might be not such a bad idea after all (but only if there will be not a single safe zone in the whole game) because it would force people to take care about others. Le is good as it is now, but clans would have to really take care about new members, there would be real reasons for alliances and hostilities. And it might be good for everyone i guess. Maybe... maybe not - still i'm not sure of it but i can feel its potential.
Right now whole ganking situation is getting out of control because there is no way to punish griefers. They gank noob and jump to safe zone to laugh at you. They kill u at gr and immediately run to other safe zone and boast about their uber pvp skills. And so on... Nobody cares about it because it is so called 'noob-only' problem (at this very moment ALL noobs should keep their LE in untill they capped or can stand on their own in pvp - this is my opinion - because there is no way to protect noob against griefers).

But i feel that there is other problem here. And indeed i wanted to leave this game a few times because of it. And i agree with this - NC community is not a pleasant one to be in. In fact it is worst community i have ever meet. Really. And i've been in many. Here everyone hates each other, everyone flames each other, everyone screw each other - NC forums are non stop flaming fest...
Look at the forum (excluding noob section) and try to count number of posts containing nothing more than flames, boasts and so on. And the ingame situation is not a better one.
Why is that? IMO this is the most important factor why so many people are pissed of and leaving the game. Maybe if we could be more polite and not answer every post like: 'stfu noob' 'it's a pvp oriented game - fuck off' , maybe this could help a bit...

Just a request to anyone who will care enough to read this post...

az

Xian
11-02-04, 18:38
Originally posted by Marx
exactly!

PKers force diversity, but no one gives them credit for it.

I agree whole-fucking-heartedly.

People get ganked and complain because they're leveling in the same areas every single time. So much so, that upon taking my first trip into zones east of MB, I found TG happily farming WBs because simply no one went there.

People need to explore more or just stop going into the most common places that every PKer and his wife knows.

Jest
11-02-04, 18:38
Has any one noticed that half of the complaint posts saying the community has gone to rampant ganking, and the other half of the complaint posts say the game is too carebear now? Thats because people have a few select incidents and they make up their mind that thats the extreme. Or they build up the way things were in their head.

=TCE=^Raven^
11-02-04, 18:40
crazy2003 has sum'd up what I'm tryin to say pretty well.

I suspect what some people like about the pvp setup in NC is that it allows them a un-natural amount of power over a large portion of players.

Its like playing CS, except u always start the game with $16000 and everyone else can only use pistols.

hehe, crap analogy but I hope u see my point. The game design should be such as not to allow this to happen.

But yes, if KK want to make the game a specialised chaotic, constant pvp game as some people would like, then fine, njoy it, but I wont and most other people tryin the game wont either. And you will always have a small population.

I think this is unfortunate, cos NC could be so much better ...

Twitch
11-02-04, 19:41
quit crying and put your le in, i've been ganked plenty of times, i've been FRE-killed, i've been killed long after i've stealthed, i don't care, im still playing

btw many people including newbs that we dont even know have given my clan and i props over what we do

http://cobra-hosting.com/neocron

take a look for yourself, we're at least having fun, and apparently others are too. and this comes from "mindless ganking" with a touch of sarcasm and roleplay.

can't handle it? again put your le in, there originally was supposed to be NO LE so you should be thankful you can even put one in before rank 30.

Mingerroo
11-02-04, 19:44
The problem is that the PvP isn't structured enough in my opinion.... It's getting there slowly, what with the NCPD hotlist and stuff like that. Just need to be more rewards for killing a negative SL player rather than lots of PUNISHMENTS for BEING a low SL character.

Steve

greploco
11-02-04, 19:54
------------------------------------------------------------------------
they were trying to force players to interact, to talk, to deal, to amend, to love, to hate, to blah.

Relying on a game mechanic only cripples your own chances, not to mention it gave the option for you to hide from your own actions.

Now, you live a life based on your actions - If you're a well known and liked person, its doubted you'll be ganked. If you're a dick, you probably will.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

hmm, ok. interaction is good.

I'm not perfect - but in my experience me getting ganked has nothing to do with my "reputation". it's just people killing me in a sort of willy-nilly fashion.

sometimes you just want to collect rares and hunt firemobs, warbots, or troll around mc5 without worrying about uber-gheys

but the no LE does add a bit to the scripting of the game. like for instance, ASEN ganks pretty freely. hostiles, allies, and neutrals. I could accuse them of being ******** -- but they are consistent and acting out the roll they have made for them selves and thus they add to the game.

still though -- perhaps if I was factionless. I'd like to be able to put an LE in at any level if I was factionless. That would be cool.

DestructionUK
11-02-04, 20:50
OK OK, all sides of this argument are valid to some extent, i agree the killing of people with enemy factions regardless of levels is totally acceptable, although the active hunting of 0/2 enemy runners trying to level is some what harsh personally i wouldnt do it. luckily however most new players might not know how to take their LE chip out but counting on this to protect new players gives no hope to the expansion or diversity to the neocron community and does steer the gamer further into a hole.

im sure everyone wants to see more people in neocron and people who stick with the game adapt to its community, giving the very new players a more newbie friendly welcome to nc (no just pk wise but in terms of MC5 (arrrrrrrggg) and infomation) giving new players a break in their lower lvls would give them enough space to grow and adapt to neocrons harsh cyber punk enviroment (which the PK'ing and having to watch your back is part of) then once theyr bigger theyll learn to live with getting killed over and over at mb... :D

just my input
FLAME ME FLAME ME NOW!!!

Rimase
11-02-04, 21:06
I'm keeping my LE inside my head. There's so much killing going on in Neocron world. It's sooo stooopid! :mad:

Who wants less frequent PvP-deaths on Neocron:BDOY?
I WANT A DRAMATIC DECREASE IN PvP WITH NC:BDOY, PLEASE. SOME NEW RULES, OR SOMETHING - HARSHER CONSEQUENCES. ;)

ezza
11-02-04, 21:33
this looks like a lame we want the game made more carebear to me.

what you got killed once and cant deal with getting poked up again.

edit: wasnt going to post more, but wtf

you know what you fuckers have been trying to get this game nerfed to fucking hell since the start, your all trying to make it as saf ehappy shitty walk in the park carebear game,

why dont you fuck of trying to turn this into everquest or whatever, its a fucking dangerous world out there you dont want to get killed then keep the stu[pid LE chip in your thick fucknig head then you wont have to write these dumb fucking posts trying to take the danger and the fun out of this game

why dont you go be a merc/TG/or FA pussie and stand behind the guards so you cant get hurt, cos it sounds like your kinda thing

•Super|\|ova•
11-02-04, 21:43
Originally posted by ezza

It's not that simple and you know it. I enjoy pepperpark fights on my own etc but why can't everyone just realize that their opinions are still just opnions as other ppl's opinions also.

And anyways it's not only the poking they mean. Example: You're hunting at gabanium and some random guy come by and kills you though he's allied to your faction. You release to NC. Wait for SI and start looking for a poker. You get poked up and since the GR is closed you have to GR to somewhere else or run back to gabanium and start hunting again... until someone come byb and kills you again. I know it's frustrating for the ppl who wouldn't kill anyone without really good reason.

Few words for everyone: Learn to understand each others.

That wise advice WILL make everyone's life ALOT easier. Though ofcourse I know it's just stupid to hope for all of you to learn to do that :rolleyes: Not a chance... and still I wonder why...

//EDIT: And you have been trying to get this game more pleasant for you so here we are again :lol: You're as bad as them dude :)

Mingerroo
11-02-04, 21:47
If i had my way backpacks would be openable after about 15 minutes...

There would be no LE...

Everyone would drop between one and five items, regardless of Soullight.

You get the picture... The game is too wussified nowadays, people complain about losing things but then complain that they are bored because they "have/have done everything"

Steve

ezza
11-02-04, 21:53
Originally posted by •Super|\|ova•

//EDIT: And you have been trying to get this game more pleasant for you so here we are again :lol: You're as bad as them dude :) except my way includes more killing for me as well as for you

•Super|\|ova•
11-02-04, 21:54
except my way includes more killing for me as well as for you

Your point? As I said couple of times it's only what you want. Other people might like different things than you and that doesn't make them being wrong.

ezza
11-02-04, 21:56
Originally posted by •Super|\|ova•
Your point? As I said couple of times it's only what you want. Other people might like different things than you and that doesn't make them being wrong. you said im trying to get the game more PLEASENT for me ughh no cos im asking for the killing to remain, i die as well so how is it pleasnt for me, you think i like getiingkilled?!?!?!

•Super|\|ova•
11-02-04, 21:58
you said im trying to get the game more PLEASENT for me ughh no cos im asking for the killing to remain, i die as well so how is it pleasnt for me, you think i like getiingkilled?!?!?!

Ok. You're trying to get this conversation into the absurd and I'm not following you. o_O

Clownst0pper
11-02-04, 21:58
@ Ezza, its actully four factions to take down cartel.

Twilight Gaurdian
Crahn
Fallen Angels
City Mercs

ezza
11-02-04, 22:00
Originally posted by Clownst0pper
@ Ezza, its actully four factions to take down cartel.

Twilight Gaurdian
Crahn
Fallen Angels
City Mercs
rgr that up dating now;)

supernova: thats ok if you were following me, then it would be a 3 way stalker thing, rince following you, you following me, just wouldnt work:p

Jadin Eleazar
12-02-04, 00:22
I think the threadstarter is right. Currently, NC is more like a MMOFPS (and not a MMORPG) competing with a game like Planetside. Obviously, there's a market for such games, however most ppl coming to NC because of the advertisement as MMORPG may be pissed off by the PKs. Hence more and more ppl leave and move to SWG/AO or the fantasy MMORPGs.
That would hurt KKs business and I don't think they would like that.

KRIMINAL99
12-02-04, 00:59
Originally posted by extract
I agree with you and the worst part is the hardcore PvPers only RP when its a conveinent excuse............."hey dude why did you kill me 10 times out of GR im 0/2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"stupid nib youre red, EVIL, enemy KILL KILL KILL!!!!"

its just a fact of life, the day you realize that this world is full of assholes and idiots is the day you just dont give a shit anymore..........

Dude... heres an idea go put on all red and go to downtown LA where the crips hangout and then bitch on the afterlife forums about what happens next.

=TCE=^Raven^
12-02-04, 01:38

edit: wasnt going to post more, but wtf

you know what you fuckers have been trying to get this game nerfed to fucking hell since the start, your all trying to make it as saf ehappy shitty walk in the park carebear game,

why dont you fuck of trying to turn this into everquest or whatever, its a fucking dangerous world out there you dont want to get killed then keep the stu[pid LE chip in your thick fucknig head then you wont have to write these dumb fucking posts trying to take the danger and the fun out of this game

why dont you go be a merc/TG/or FA pussie and stand behind the guards so you cant get hurt, cos it sounds like your kinda thing

hmm, and who said the NC community wasn't turning to shit?

ezza, if u can't join in with the discussion plz take u'r predictable drivel to another thread.

Marx
12-02-04, 01:42

'sup troll?

All I see is you overgeneralizing, making it seem as though the vocal minority makes up the entire gaming populace.

Come back when you find yourself a clue. K?

gostly
12-02-04, 02:09

ezza, if u can't join in with the discussion plz take u'r predictable drivel to another thread.

raven...it seems you're only gunna accept answers that agree with you to be joining in the discussion...unfortunately, this game's strong point is pvp...tradeskilling has always been a somewhat weak point in the game...and pvm is boring as shit...it's the same thing over and over...

not saying ganking n00b's is right...altho i could careless, cuz if you're a n00b...ill say it like i always have...you dont have shit to lose shit, so stop whining...if i ever ganked a n00b it was only to cause higher levels to come after me...which is one reason i still do mb raids every once in awhile...

the game has always been about pk'ing people...it used to be stronger...only difference is, about 15 months ago, almost everyone was a n00b...now almost everyone isnt...we know how to level, and then pvp...it wont return to almost everyone being a n00b again until BDoY comes out and brings in new players that dont know what they're doing...

so, honestly...if you dont like getting pk'ed...please just quit ffs...:rolleyes:

Mirco
12-02-04, 02:10
Originally posted by Jadin Eleazar
I think the threadstarter is right. Currently, NC is more like a MMOFPS (and not a MMORPG) competing with a game like Planetside.

For me NC competes with any MMORPG out there. Planetside is different, has no skill system, no tradeskills only fighting. The PvP might turn people in NC into equipment hungry, revenge driven mass murdering psychopats. I would say we all are in character.:D

Obviously, there's a market for such games, however most ppl coming to NC because of the advertisement as MMORPG may be pissed off by the PKs. Hence more and more ppl leave and move to SWG/AO or the fantasy MMORPGs.
That would hurt KKs business and I don't think they would like that.

I fail to see how pk`s are in oposition to NC being an MMORPG. It might be that you just express what other people expect from an MMORPG. In my mind the term MMORPG seems very limited.

If mmorpg equals to endless lvling, auto-combat, non-pvp, no pk`s and a shitload of skills then I`m not going to play another mmorpg ever again.

To me that sounds like nothing more than an overgrown tamagochi. I want fear and tension in a game. AI controlled mobs cant give me that. To give you an example. On pluto I really hate two certain BT individuals because of certain resent events, but the thing is, I love hating them.

Neocron changed the way I think of mmorpgs. When I see another mmorpg coming out these are the criteria I search out first. FPS(no auto-combat) and PvP(as free as possible). If its not I skip reading further and forget it.

ezza
12-02-04, 02:33

ezza, if u can't join in with the discussion plz take u'r predictable drivel to another thread. [edited for violation of the forum rules]

oh and before i get noob ganker shouted at me, funny, cos a clanned enemy runner of noobish rank was getting attacked in aggy celler by a merc, so i went into help the TG noob,i could of killed him and the other, but didnt, so just incase you want to shout noob killa at me, shut up in advance.

of course i aint always gonna be so nice, if the noob come in to CRP expecting safe passage he got another thing coming

BombShell
12-02-04, 02:59
gostly love ur sig man :)

lullysing
12-02-04, 03:09
If you played in beta, OFTEN you would get "noob elimination" purges in the sewers where some tank would be trying out his new weapon and having a blast with his friends by trying to collect more kills than they did. Believe me, long range raycannon blasts cleared out the rat room like crazy, and it was kinda fun getting punked by such blatant overpoweredness.

Because you knew when you would come back that some other people would be waiting for them to come close to the entrance of the sewers after their noob gankfest to pk the shit outta them to steal their new shiny gun. Or simply as justice to the noobs.

Go hunt in the outzone for crying out loud. Just take the subway to the outzone, and slash stuff in oz2-3- industrial. Or go in the plaza 4 sewers. Better yet, the viarosso sewers.

Don't cry if you got punked in the plaza 1 sewers.

Gleep
12-02-04, 04:16
I don't think the post was complaining about getting pked, I think it was about most of the current community wanting to pk people, noobs or capped. In general I agree, a large part of the current community only thinks about, and wants, way of hurting someone else, this is flawed.

The talk of roleplaying, at least on pluto, is misusing the word. Roleplaying isn't killing who you want and letting your friends live, it's playing the part of your character, attacking people that are opposed to HIS (or HER) point of view or beliefs. Roleplaying isn't always about killing, it isn't trying to get "backstabber of the month", it isn't killing anything that moves. It's playing the part of a fictional character, so you're TG and want to kill fine go find some Cityadmin or Biotech (or whoever else is hostile) and kill them, but stop claiming roleplaying when you gank a neutral or allied runner or hack an outpost of an allied faction.

Neocron is PVP centric, but that doesn't mean everything has to relate to it, having fun in Neocron without PVP isn't a crime. Ever spent real time with a LE in? You'll get harrased a lot just for excluding yourself from PVP, before the latest patch people would try to exploit kill a LE runner, almost like the LE runner was a personal afront to them.

I guess the thing most people forget is there is a real person behind the character, it's one thing to have some fun it's another to ruin someones entertainment, roleplaying allows this balance but using roleplaying as an excuse to be nasty is wrong. Next time you feel like "roleplaying" instead of using vulger language and implying they have "too much fun with droms" or whatever. Try something like "Damn Cityadmin pawns, learn to think for yourselves and stop the tyrant" or "Twilight guardian is just a haven for anarchy".

Estabin
12-02-04, 07:51
The factions are too static at the moment I think, they should change with the politics of the server (since that is how it is pretty much on the servers) but would require someone to keep up to date with the politics of the differant clans.

Maybe even cut it down to a personal level, have your faction based on your sympathy on a personal level... but I can see that being misused.

I understand they are trying to keep to a storyline, but it needs more clear cut divisions... maybe DoY will do that.

Forget My Name
12-02-04, 08:19
I find this thread amusing.

The thread starter is not talking about NOOB ganking AT ALL. NOOB GANKING and the LE chip is not the focus of his topic by along shot.

Ironic that he is talking about the degeneration of this commnity into morons, and all 99% of you all responders are just supporting his topic that this community is rifled with selfish morons.

Get a clue all of you and forget about the LE chip and noob ganking. This thread is about all your attitutdes towards others in this game, which is VERY overt here in this thread.

I love the community, but hate the people.

Earlier today I was advertising repairs in game. Some dude came to me and the first thing he did to me was 'sex'. I just stood there. HE asked if I repaired, and I said no. He said why not. I told him I don't help out children. e was like 'shut the fux up noob. Fagg0t fucker, blah blah blah' .

I just logged.

To the thread starter... You can't get the answer you want about this community from this community. You mine as well just say NC SUCKS and try to garner some people to your side. Just ain't gonna work here. Ironic that you have to adress your problem to the people you have the problem with in hopes of them fixing themselves... once again... ain't gonna happen.

Just click the exe file, put people on ignore, and enjoy the game with your clan and have fun. I have 34 names on ignore. Join the club.

Lareolan
12-02-04, 08:24
Man, every time I think things can't get any worse, a thread like this comes around and makes me want to quit all over again. A person comes in and says a bunch of very valid things, and instead gets flamed by the shitty members of the Neocron community who just happen to be the most widespread (since the non-assholes almost all have gone by now) and very vocal (as with all such). No, he wasn't complaining about LEs. He wasn't complaining about being PK'd. He was complaining that dumbasses who made this game, made it explicitly for one type of dumbasses.

And don't tell me this community doesn't stink when all this guy gets for stating his opinions are flaming from the said dumbasses. The community does suck badly and the game fosters this community.

P.S. I couldn't even go past the first page of insults. That was very sad really. And Raven, I fully agree with you on everything you said man.

phunqe
12-02-04, 10:17
People really absorb too much crap and let it influence them in a bad way.

So what if someone call me n00b fagg0t or whatever. I either ignore them or ask them politely why they have a grudge with me or tell them to please be quiet.

What's more to it? Does it really have to be more than a childish person trying to get you started? No, it doesn't. Anything more after that is up to YOU.
Why do you people think assholes exist in the first place. Because we let them. Assholes feed on our whines and complaints, can't you understand that?
It's like pyromaniacs. They start a fire because they get excited watching stuff burn down. What if it didn't burn down? They would eventually stop, it's a known fact.

So please don't try to give lectures about how it's the assholes' fault. The MAJORITY of the fault is theirs of course, but not entirely.
We keep them happy with our whines and complaints. Well screw me if that doesn't keep 'em going.

An please note that my post isn't directed towards a person in specific. It's more of a general observational nature.

numb
12-02-04, 14:03
About the community. With my spy on pluto i've been ganked a few times since I took my LE out, and most of the time I either knew where I was wrong (eg 1 time I was hacking someone's belt and got shot in the back) or I got in contact with the attacker afterwards and they explained why the killed me - if it was a mistake they'd do what they could to compensate me (credits/pokes). Most times that I get killed at random I get given an explanation if I ask for it, and normally the aggressor is very friendly about the whole thing - after all, it _IS_ a game right?

Sometimes the replies you get are a bit stupid or insulted - and at that point you know to make them suffer as much as possible whenever you see them - but these times are _very_ rare - most people (on pluto at least) are very nice.

Try talking to your attackers before you come on here trolling the forums with your wild generalisations.

Also: With regard to LE - has the description been changed yet? Last time I looked it still said you lost XP and credits by wearing it - which is misleading for very new players.

bounty
12-02-04, 15:03
Originally posted by Forget My Name
I find this thread amusing.

The thread starter is not talking about NOOB ganking AT ALL. NOOB GANKING and the LE chip is not the focus of his topic by along shot.

Ironic that he is talking about the degeneration of this commnity into morons, and all 99% of you all responders are just supporting his topic that this community is rifled with selfish morons.

Get a clue all of you and forget about the LE chip and noob ganking. This thread is about all your attitutdes towards others in this game, which is VERY overt here in this thread.

I love the community, but hate the people.

Earlier today I was advertising repairs in game. Some dude came to me and the first thing he did to me was 'sex'. I just stood there. HE asked if I repaired, and I said no. He said why not. I told him I don't help out children. e was like 'shut the fux up noob. Fagg0t fucker, blah blah blah' .

I just logged.

To the thread starter... You can't get the answer you want about this community from this community. You mine as well just say NC SUCKS and try to garner some people to your side. Just ain't gonna work here. Ironic that you have to adress your problem to the people you have the problem with in hopes of them fixing themselves... once again... ain't gonna happen.

Just click the exe file, put people on ignore, and enjoy the game with your clan and have fun. I have 34 names on ignore. Join the club.

after looking at below your name, you got mad at a person sexing you, why? Calling them a child after seeing that just gives your argument no basis.

Anyone that gets angry about getting sexed in this game needs to be on prozac.

And trust me i understand where the thread starter is coming from, but just the simple fact that people have stayed around this long playing and paying this game, makes this community that much better in my books.

Like i said, i think the thread starter has a valid point, i just feel he is making a HUGE over exaggeration. I have seen some of the most ruthless people in this game sit and explain for hours in very great detail the instructions on how to get set up playing this game. I don't think many if any are trying to purposely force a new person into not having a good time. I pk left and right, i have limits(i don't kill under /40 and don't kill allied factions), and so sure, some may say i'm a "bad guy" but i also have spent countless hours helping new runners whether it be healing and buffing them, or helping them find and explaining the research/construction process, and mission, you name it i've helped them.

So if your complain is the community and not the gankers, then you've barked up the wrong tree, i've heard nothing but compliments from new players at how nice and patient this community is. I rarely go up to a player and hear anything but positive feedback, thats enough convincing for me.

Zief
12-02-04, 17:56
Originally posted by phunqe
I don't know...
Here we just play.

There are certainly worse places to spend your time. I could list a few, but I live in the States and 'worse' is a matter of perspective.

cRazy2003
12-02-04, 20:26
some PK'rs are daaaamn stupid.
they say its fun but no one can honestly keep saying its ok being killed constantly

'ahh, ths game looks good i guess i should go level now'

'this guy seems pritty nice, i suppose i should take me LE out so people can heal me'

'kewl, level 5 aggie cellars, lets go in and level a bit'

'this is fun, im in a nice team, hey look theres a strong player, wow those cloaks look nice'

'aww man i just been killed, well i guess it happens dunno why, i guess i'll mail him and find out'

'he seemed to say "its PvP" "get used to it" " stop being a carebear" "ur enemy" and mumble some bullshit'

'o well i best go get my belt and go find somewhere else to level'

'i guess some of my other team must of died to, and that strong guy is still here, i best get my belt and hurry up, ive got 3creds after i used the GR for my backpack, and my QB has my only weapon in it'

'o damn he spotted me and shot me again'

'i wonder why hes so mean, i guess im just gonna have to wait until he goes so i can get my BP back'

*1 hour later*

'well ive explored this place a bit more, time to go get my stuff'

'phew hes gone, there ive got all my stuff again'

'i wonder where i can go now, ah kool, a sewer, lets go check it out'

'GREAT!!!, im level 0/3!! man im gooood, i guess i should keep going'

'kool thats a big guy, he looks like a tank i think its called'

'wow nice gun its got this green swirly on it, im gonna go ask him what it is, i wonder if i cud get one on mine'

'oh my god why as he just shot me? im gonna ask, that other guy did it to'

'he just mumbled more enemy gobshite, i guess im gonna have to get my companion rifle before i can defend myself'

'phew this time hes gone, i wonder why these implants i baught are back in my inventory'

*few hours later*

'i guess i should go explore a bit more, that guy was nice about telling me about the wastelands'

'ahh finally im outside, wow this is so kool'

'OMG a vehicle!!, wwwoooow thats so kewl, i wonder if i can get one, im gonna go check it out'

'wot the hell, that guy has just got out and shot me, why did he do that for?'

*zones back at plaza, runs all the way back to OZ and to the vhc depot*

'there, lets go check the world map, kool tech haven, i guess i'll run there'

*spends half an hour running with 0/3 speed*

'ahh im here, must go tag the GR just incase'

'hmm a group of people are at the entrence, better be careful, but ive been this far im sure if i explain they will let me go, there was some nice people in plaza after all, i guess they must all be slightly helpful to a newbie'

'aww damn theyve just shot me, and im dead, AWW damn im back at plaza havnt got enuf to get my stuff back either, and all my armour and imps have fell back into my BP and QB, thats a bit sucky'

:p

Forget My Name
12-02-04, 21:35
Originally posted by bounty
after looking at below your name, you got mad at a person sexing you, why? Calling them a child after seeing that just gives your argument no basis.

Anyone that gets angry about getting sexed in this game needs to be on prozac.

No.. roleplay, and my charatcer is a professional tradeskiller. I expect teh same form my customers. If someone wants to get service done by me, walking up me, grabbing my ass, and pumping your groin into my groin is not the way to ask for business. Last thing I can recall, only children, molesters and priests do that to people out of the blue. Oh yeah, best friends too, since they can get away with that, but since 99.999% of all of neocrons server population doesnt fall under any of my catagories, they must then be acting like, guess what, a child.

I know this game isnt real life, but since i am roleplaying a serious proffessional, I treat his actions just like a person would in Real life would. Dont sex me. period. child.

He got no poke/repairs, and I lost no skin of my back.

This community needs to be more helpful and caring.

Where has people like Reefsmoker and Extirpator gone?

Marx
12-02-04, 21:51
Originally posted by Forget My Name
Where has people like Reefsmoker ... gone?

Playing 'The Realm'. Fun stuff.

numb
12-02-04, 22:02
some PK'rs are daaaamn stupid.
they say its fun but no one can honestly keep saying its ok being killed constantly

Luckily I'm never in a situation where I'm killed constantly, along with the majority of the people who have their LE out. It's nowhere near as bad as you are suggesting and if you _are_ getting killed constantly then frankly, it's your fault and not the pkers. Why dont you attempt to ensure you always are carrying enough credits to retrieve your backpack and get some pokes should you be killed by mob or player? Why do you insist on following the Pkers about? Because that is about the ONLY way you can get killed constantly by other players - are you directing them to let them know where you are bending over? :)

cRazy2003
12-02-04, 22:54
i was using that as a example of what may happen, exaggerated a bit :p
all newbs always get ganked a lot, i did wen i was a newb

numb
13-02-04, 00:04
i was using that as a example of what may happen, exaggerated a bit :p
all newbs always get ganked a lot, i did wen i was a newb

Fair enough. But a lot of newbs should be thinking to themselves 'well, I dont know how to play this game at all, maybe I should learn a little about it first before I take out this chip that throws me into PvP'. I know I did and that was December 2002, when there were far more penalties for having an LE in, and more PKing going on. I dont think I removed it until I was xx/25 even then it was fun being aware that you were then a target, sure you probably couldnt fight back - so you'd sneek around various hostile sectors and take care not to get too close to other players with red text on their names.

I remember the first time I went to Tech Haven, I'd met another tangent in town and we decided to go out to the wastes to explore + met a couple of higher level people who helped us get there, and believe me, with all the mountains we fell down, it took us about 1.5 hours to get there from neocron city - the minute we got in there we headed for the genrep and were killed instantly by a couple of other players :) I gave up on TH that night but I didnt quit the game and I didnt go blaming the community as I understood it was all part of the game - it is a shame a lot of people do not recognise that fact, pvp and pking has _always_ been a major part of neocron.

And especially as a newb, you do not know all the major hunting spots, so it can be a lot of exploration and a lot of rpkers target the most used hunting areas. As a new player you can learn that certain areas are not safe for you to go to so you dont return (unless you _want_ to get killed again). I know I learnt that pretty quickly about Twilight Guardian after my first visit ;) ) On my first char, when, as I said before, there was far more PKing going on, I only managed to lose 2 of my vehicles and got killed about 10 times in the space of 1 or 2 months, could have been much more if I didnt put any thought into what I was doing or where I was going (and using your brain has nothing to do with how long you've played).

DX-Defender
13-02-04, 02:09
ive been playing this game for longer than id like to admit and what Raven said is very true.. but at the same time its one of those things you have to deal with when playing a game with a bunch of other people. you have those who take pleasure in killing low lvl people (and those who even brag about it..). but at the same time you also have a few people in this game who will actually take the time to answer those goofy noob questions that come up so often when starting this game on your own.

at some point you just have to realize that NC has more than its fair share of idiots, i think thats apparent when the # of replies to this thread, you just have to learn to tune them out because no matter how much we wish they would go away and how much we wish they would stfu and step into pp1 with us they will always be here.. but look at it as motivation for lvling, go cap your char, get tons of rares then go hunt them down and pk them till your fingers and eye sockets bleed.

threads like these are the exact reason i only have 123 posts on this forum, the majority of the threads here have at least 20 people flaming it for reasons beyond anyones imagination, and considering how much of a hypocrit im making myself into right now i wish you would all just stfu and get a fucking life.. if you seriously have nothing better to do than sit at your computer for 8-10 hours a day playing neocron and flaming people for their own opinions then you should do everyone on this forum a favor and go jump off a tall bridge into a VERY shallow river....with cement shoes on!
2 years of being in this community and playing this game and ive sat back and watched this game slowly rip itself apart, on part of kk with all their carebear tending bullshit and the lack of a advertising manager with some brains, and on part of the community and some of the annoying members inside it.. what will you guys do when you have ran everyone off and theres noone left to talk shit to and flame but you and your kind..

Invertigo
13-02-04, 02:24
i have to say im getting pretty pissed...

i just recently made a PE TG character on satrurn, and i cant even get past the entrance to TG without getting ganked by ASEN, a fucking TWILIGHT GAURDIAN clan...

im 0/2, and they will just non stop gank me...they even rez killed me...like i got somthing of value at 0/2 10 mins from MC5.

yes i know i coulda left my LE in but i had to take it out so my friend can PPU me, PLUS i LIKE being killed by ENEMY factions/clans.

but getting newb ganked by a superior clan in the SAME FACTION as you is fucking lame.

and BTW i cant put my LE back in since they hacked my belt:rolleyes:

ezza
13-02-04, 02:27
Originally posted by Invertigo

i just recently made a PE TG character on satrurn, and i cant even get past the entrance to TG without getting ganked by ASEN, a fucking TWILIGHT GAURDIAN clan...

im 0/2, and they will just non stop gank me...they even rez killed me...like i got somthing of value at 0/2 10 mins from MC5.

yes i know i coulda left my LE in but i had to take it out so my friend can PPU me, PLUS i LIKE being killed by ENEMY factions/clans.

but getting newb ganked by a superior clan in the SAME FACTION as you is fucking lame.

and BTW i cant put my LE back in since they hacked my belt:rolleyes: [edited for violation of the forum rules]

cRazy2003
13-02-04, 18:18
Originally posted by Invertigo

and BTW i cant put my LE back in since they hacked my belt:rolleyes:

NOW THAT is a complete load of bullshit.
anyone who kills there own faction is just lame

ezza
13-02-04, 18:24
NOW THAT is a complete load of bullshit.
anyone who kills there own faction is just lame thats what i kinda said but my way got edited :lol: