PDA

View Full Version : 10tacel and KK [originally posted by MJS]

SirRah
11-02-04, 04:47
ok this is originally from german forum by MJS:

Well, You are making some weird rumours... ;) What is called as "fusion" or even as "hostile fusion" of the majority of KK, is more likely a kind of "merger". That means 10tacel and Reakktor will be merging to a big part to take up the challange of placing NC and NC:BDoY at the market.

Reakktor will in leading position (and esp. me) take over some operative actions at 10tacel AG (not only for NC, but also for other products), while 10tacel will do different publishing tasks for Reakktor/NCof which we (KK) dont think are ready for them yet in the dimension which would fit here.

Regarding the 10tacel AG:
This firm was recently founded officially and has a strong background in area of media financing. The team behind the name "10tacel" essentially consists of absolute Game professionals, who already made themselves since years a good name with international publishers and who decided to found a new fresh but _their very own_ label. There goal is to do those things right which went wrong with various other german publishers. Equipped with massive financial potiential and a good working team of game-profis nothing can go wrong. And _of course_ with such a big "attack" there is also germany's only MMORPG developer on board. :)

Also 10tacel AG has various contacts and connections to TV- and Print media which will allow NC and NC:BDoY to guarantee a huge media present (eventually even TV-advertising [or whatever you spell it :p ])

Reakktor is financially going well. Same goes for 10tacel AG as well. But with united forces we can do a lot of more things than each company on its own. From the "merger" both parties will benefit in a substantial extend. I myself will go into the executive comitee of 10tacel and will ensure, that Neocron is going to be _THAT_ product of 10tacel AG.

How many and/or which parts of both companies were exchanged i cannot discuss in public, of course, but i can tell you that Neocron can only benefit from this firepower we are showing up here.

So... now i hope, that A) you guys are now satisfied abit and keep quiet and B) a bilingual Mod can translate this annoucnement and put it into the english forum, so i can finally go to bed. ;)

[if you find any mistakes either edit them or keep them for yourself :P oh ya, im off to bed now as well...]
[edited some mistakes - Iorghe]

40$Poser
11-02-04, 04:49
nice, good to see that advertising will be in for NC:BDoY

Rieper
11-02-04, 04:49
sex rah.

good job :D

Benjie
11-02-04, 04:54
I can't wait for TV advertisements.

Does anybody know any more background info in 10 tical?

Cytaur
11-02-04, 04:58
TV ads for NC eh...... Synchronizing thing is enough of advertisement :D

MegaCorp
11-02-04, 05:03
Sounds good. An injection of capital and new industry connections should help a lot.

Spook

-=Blasehase=-
11-02-04, 05:07
Originally posted by Cytaur
TV ads for NC eh...... Synchronizing thing is enough of advertisement :D

YEAH... lets name the "new" nc not NC: BDOY... name it Syncocron :D

*giggles*

i think this fusion is teh best what NC can happen

SirRah
11-02-04, 05:09
Originally posted by -=Blasehase=-
YEAH... lets name the "new" nc not NC: BDOY... name it Syncocron :D

*giggles*

i think this fusion is teh best what NC can happen

it cant get worse than with CDV....

Marx
11-02-04, 05:12
Originally posted by SirRah
it cant get worse than with CDV....

Very much so.

Bl@zed
11-02-04, 05:18
yeah, lol, i really hope this works out for KK, and BDOY is a success. Then they can expand their staff and have patches/expantions on a regular basis. And not let us hang dry with the same content for 2 years again :p

Clyde
11-02-04, 05:22
merger, doesnt look like "hey lets work together" type of deal. Taken from Gamespydaily.com

The makers of the sci-fi flavored role-playing game, Neocron have been acquired by 10tacel. Financial details were not disclosed, but 10tacel-CEO Michele Pes said in a statement that the company has the financial resources to move forward with this online game and is banking on an enhanced version of Neocron, Neocron - Beyond Dome of York - scheduled for release this spring to shake things up.

Taken from neoterm

Sold

Referring to this article on the german gaming business portal MCV, Reakktor sold itself to 10tacel Studios AG. First comments on the german board range from "Martin you were supposed to find a new publisher, not sell yourself" to "10tacle is known for bad games only".

As far as I can say they're definately not famous for their website. At least a googled piece of info reveils that 10tacel see themselves as a kind of interface between developers and publishers.

A thorough translation reads the following:

10tacel becomes majority owner of Reakktor

10.02.2004 - 14:12 CET - (mcv) 10tacel Studios AG wants to secure their entry on the MMORPG market by aquiring the qualified majority of the development studio Reakktor. The Reakktor-Team developed the 2002 released online game Neocron, which sold more than 450,000 units. At the moment the studio works on the new issue of Neocron - Beyond Dome of York with enhanced feature-set and eased start in the game. It is scheduled for release this spring. "With Neocron we have the most successful german MMORPG in our portfolio", says 10tacel-CEO Michele Pes. "We have the financial resources and necessary know-how, to set standards with the new version in that area and to move to the top in this genre worldwide."

So this leads me to think theyll be some changes going around inside of the neocron team. I wonder if the game will still carry the Reakktor.com label. I also found this bit of info but not sure if its related

Alchemic Dream has launched its official company site at www.alchemicdream.net today. Alchemic Dream is a Canadian-based company specializing in the management, support and localization of massively multiplayer online games. The company currently handles Project Entropia, Neocron, A Tale in the Desert and Adellion.

maybe the new publisher?

Bl@zed
11-02-04, 05:26
wow, with reakktor selling the majority of themselves to 10tecal, a lot fo things might change in neocron, some good, some bad O_o

Psychoninja
11-02-04, 05:27
Alchemic dream just shares games :p
They run the french server.

Clyde
11-02-04, 05:40
o...........lol

Jest
11-02-04, 05:47
This definitely sounds cool. But it also sounds like there is very little progress with a publisher, if this only took place now. It sounds like 10tacel is in charge of finding one now, I think??? It sounds like an exciting business deal but makes me worry about the ontimeness of BDoY. :(

Martin J. Schwiezer
11-02-04, 05:52
Originally posted by Clyde
merger, doesnt look like "hey lets work together" type of deal. But that's exactly what it is. I will even move into 10tacel's board of directors... and yea, Neocron will continue to wear the Reakktor.com label. So there won't be any changes on the surface...

naimex
11-02-04, 05:53
Originally posted by Martin J. Schwiezer
But that's exactly what it is. I will even move into 10tacel's board of directors... and yea, Neocron will continue to wear the Reakktor.com label. So there won't be any changes on the surface...

So you will be going from being THE director, to being A director..

thats kinda the wrong way... right ?

MegaCorp
11-02-04, 05:53
Excellent MJS!!! Best of luck to you all.

Spook

Celt
11-02-04, 06:04
How many on the board of directors?

Will the merger result in either company laying off staff?

Rieper
11-02-04, 06:06
perhaps sticky this thread?

Bl@zed
11-02-04, 06:47
But that's exactly what it is. I will even move into 10tacel's board of directors... and yea, Neocron will continue to wear the Reakktor.com label. So there won't be any changes on the surface...

will staff size be increased in a result of the merger?
ie; more programmers, designers etc? so theres a more stable amount of patches and expantions in the future?

-FN-
11-02-04, 07:04
SirRah, thanks for the heads up :)

kerdezixe
11-02-04, 07:11
Originally posted by Psychoninja
Alchemic dream just shares games :p
They run the french server.

And they are really really really good.
Really good support, good events, ...

We (venus player) all love AD :angel:

Bl@zed
11-02-04, 07:33
Originally posted by kerdezixe
And they are really really really good.
Really good support, good events, ...

We (venus player) all love AD :angel:

no that shit sucks, i got a 7 day no warning ban for spamming trade for 10 seconds then logging :rolleyes:

Psychoninja
11-02-04, 08:24
I like the idea of a merger due to the fact that there will obviously be more staff members to work on the game, and help out with storylines and events. Will there be paid event GMs now? Will there be any changes with the current server host? How much say do they have in the direction the game goes(ex. storyline, gameplay)? Will we be seeing any changes in payment prices anytime soon?

Lotsa questions :angel:

MI2k1
11-02-04, 09:56
Originally posted by Quote
Alchemic Dream has launched its official company site at www.alchemicdream.net today. Alchemic Dream is a Canadian-based company specializing in the management, support and localization of massively multiplayer online games. The company currently handles Project Entropia, Neocron, A Tale in the Desert and Adellion.

Awwwww now we are on the same stage like "Project Entropia" lol

Nightbrother
11-02-04, 10:00
10.02.2004 - 14:12 CET - (mcv) 10tacel Studios AG wants to secure their entry on the MMORPG market by aquiring the qualified majority of the development studio Reakktor. The Reakktor-Team developed the 2002 released online game Neocron, which sold more than 450,000 units. At the moment the studio works on the new issue of Neocron - Beyond Dome of York with enhanced feature-set and eased start in the game. It is scheduled for release this spring. "With Neocron we have the most successful german MMORPG in our portfolio", says 10tacel-CEO Michele Pes. "We have the financial resources and necessary know-how, to set standards with the new version in that area and to move to the top in this genre worldwide."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

More than 450.000 units??!!11!?!?!!!1? Where the heck are all those people? 445.000 of those must be the alts we Plutonians have. :p

Opar
11-02-04, 10:01
AAAAAH OMFG!! TV Neocron.... its like....

Psyco Groupie
11-02-04, 10:12
gooooo reakktel :P

n1 rah

J. Folsom
11-02-04, 10:19
Originally posted by Nightbrother
More than 450.000 units??!!11!?!?!!!1? Where the heck are all those people? 445.000 of those must be the alts we Plutonians have. :p I think those might be the total amount as shipped by CDV to be sold throughout Germany. Or no wait, I mean, the whole world, yeah. :p

Anyway, interesting. Never heard of 10tacel, but interesting.

Judge
11-02-04, 10:20

Just so long as 10tacel (or whoever) don't try and carebear up Neocron in some sort of misguided "business" plan.

Grrrr....

Anyway, conflicting sounds as to wether this is a take-over or a merger, considering that MJS is going to be on the board of directors then its either a merger or a weak take-over. Additionally I don't personally think that its a take over due to the fast that 10tacel were only founded last year and where the fuck would they get the money to buy KK outright from?

So good stuff.

Nightbrother
11-02-04, 10:35
"10tacel becomes majority owner of Reakktor."

"Referring to this article on the german gaming business portal MCV, Reakktor sold itself to 10tacel Studios AG."

As taken from the article reference on page 1 of this thread.

Lucjan
11-02-04, 10:52
Aren't you putting too much energy into that whole take over thing speculation here guys? For me this sounds actually as good news, really good news.
Besides, even when refered to by "glass us half empty" way: Neocron survived CDV and it just cant get worse then it was ;)

Stigmata
11-02-04, 10:53
:eek:

sounds like a standard merger/take over.

the company i work for has taken over 4 new firms in the last 6 month, non of these firms have been affected, we just own a large percentage of their company and have people on the board.

also someone said this is the wrong direction for mjs....

i would disagree, if you form a larger company with more staff, connections etc, you are only stregthening your arm, neocron wise he may have to consult other directors in the over vision of the company, but i would imagine day to day it is for mjs to decide how to go

jernau
11-02-04, 10:54
Being a new company != having no money. Especially if they are all experienced players in the field who have the confidence of a VC and/or bring substantial capital with them.

@MJS - So you get two offices now? One for reading the forums in and one for "testing" 'cron. Sweet deal!

Lana DarkWolf
11-02-04, 11:23
All i can say is \o/ \o/

lets hope it all works out. :)

darkservent
11-02-04, 12:41
Yes well all sounds cool, lets see some results now (well in time). Oh will u be bringin TV Ads on UK TV stations. That would be so cool. If TV ads are the case i see alot of players comin into the game. In any case u still got me as a player for a long time with these improvements otw.

Dru Blood
11-02-04, 12:44
good work, even though ive never heard of 10tacel before, i hope they can do us a good job.

advertising is essential

thanks for the official annoucement aswell :)

good look to you and the rest of the reaktor guys, hope to hear some more good news shortly keep us in the light :D

Argent
11-02-04, 12:49
To be honest it doesn't sound too good for me. As if 10tacel is getting power to influnce the development of 'Cron. Oh well, I guess time will tell what will happen.

sanityislost
11-02-04, 12:58
heh this is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet, now we know neocron is gona be able to get alot more noobs

Benjie
11-02-04, 15:00
TBH, i want a bit more information on tenticle.

Who the fuck are they?

Some Media Veterans who now have partial control of Neocron.

They say they 'might' do some TV advertising, which roughly translated means they won't.

Who the hell are they? tell meh more!

zonk
11-02-04, 15:12
Im wondering wot study u did MJS...
Just interested wot basis u layed in your student years

Clownst0pper
11-02-04, 15:23
People are so negative :rolleyes:

KK wouldnt have become involved with them if they werent potentially going to improve Neocron and its future :p

ZoneVortex
11-02-04, 16:47
yo this sounds good...

never heard of this merger company either but that's prolly cuz i'm in america so whatever ;p

sounds like a good plan though

n3m
11-02-04, 17:04
Originally posted by Benjie
tenticle.
hmm makes you wonder how they got their name

ElfinLord
11-02-04, 17:06
I like the idea of a merger. It should provide the money necessary to further development of the game and this will hopefully get us the advertising Neocron has been sorely missing.

My only concern is the amount of control 10tacle is going to have over Neocron.

I understand that MJS will be on the board of the new "company", but will he still be the one in control of Neocron? How much of our beloved game are they going to want to change? Do they even have any control over the game?

As long as MJS has a way out if 10tacle doesn't hold up their end of the merger and he can return to Reakktor as its own entity again, then I'm all for it.

Thanks for the translation SirRah!! :D (Disney fanboi? o_O)

Good job, MJS. It's nice to actually know that something is being done to further Neocron's future!!!! Keep it up!!!!! :D

Originally posted by Clownst0pper
KK wouldnt have become involved with them if they werent potentially going to improve Neocron and its future :p
The same thing could be said of CDV, and look where that got us. ;) :p

Zanathos
11-02-04, 17:12
All I can say is..........

Dont screw it up.

Eddie
11-02-04, 17:29
This is good news, but as the resident pessimist, there are few things I need to bitch out of my system.

Why was this announced to the German Community and not to the English one? Am I sensing bias here?

It really annoys me to see that a player has to make a half-arsed translation which serves as a sticky for all to see (no disrespect to him, in fact, muchus kudos to him for noticing something so important and taking his time to share it with us.. but my point stands... a *much* better "translation" would have come from the man himself), and till now, an official announcement still hasn't been made (maybe MJS thinks it's not necessary now.. seeing as someone else has said what he was about to say.. but that's also beside the point :P).

I myself (like many others, I suspect) never travel into the unknown depths of the german forum, and if not for this fella here, or people like him, I would never have known about it .. and now we'll never know whether an english announcement was intended (now that the probability waveform has collapsed, as they say in the quantum world :P)

Please don't take this wrong way, but I was ASSURED that as soon as something was set in stone (which it obviously is, because the "careful" big man has announced it), then it would be IMMEDIATELY announced to the _patient loyal_ fans who have endured so much, which hasn't happened, and I feel *really* let down by this.. and it leads me to think whether they will live up to their "other" promises.

My thoughts.. do with them what you want.. discuss.

Eddie

msdong
11-02-04, 17:51
Originally posted by Eddie
...Why was this announced to the German Community and not to the English one? Am I sensing bias here?

lol,thats what the germanz allways say when mjs post first in english forum.
well he post there first because it was dig out there first.

if i see the reactions on that news in parts of the german forum i really wonder. it was like the end of neocron :)
well i dont care if it neocron by reakktor or neocron by xxxxx as long a it the original with the same ppl on the other end (maybe even more) that made it special.

Mighty Max
11-02-04, 17:53
MJS has asked someone to translate this into english. He postet it late in the night, and we can give him some sleep then.

Forget My Name
11-02-04, 17:57
Sorry, but the question that the Reakktor team has never answered still remains....

Can the game hold more than 400 people on ONE server before the server stability goes to shit once DOY comes out?

This is going to be THE only reason people are going to pay to play or not stay.

Release day, a ton of people jump on Neocron.
Server hits like 900 people, and it becomes unplayable.
Forums get lit up with old schoolers and new combers alike blasting this game for not changing.
Back to suare one, with 80 people per server on average.

Fucks sake, 2 rooms of wolfenstein holds more people. 450k units? Please, such propaganda-media bullshit to sate the massess into thinking that this game is popular. 80 - 200 people per server speaks for itself don't you think?

Other than that, nice to see an announcement on this, sort of. Thank you for the translation. And try to get as much slep as you can MJ. You need it.

Eddie
11-02-04, 18:03
Originally posted by Mighty Max
MJS has asked someone to translate this into english. He postet it late in the night, and we can give him some sleep then.

Right, if that was the case.. then I'm sorry for my outburst then...

Eddie

darkservent
11-02-04, 18:10
Originally posted by Forget My Name
Sorry, but the question that the Reakktor team has never answered still remains....

Can the game hold more than 400 people on ONE server before the server stability goes to shit once DOY comes out?

This is going to be THE only reason people are going to pay to play or not stay.

Release day, a ton of people jump on Neocron.
Server hits like 900 people, and it becomes unplayable.
Forums get lit up with old schoolers and new combers alike blasting this game for not changing.
Back to suare one, with 80 people per server on average.

Fucks sake, 2 rooms of wolfenstein holds more people. 450k units? Please, such propaganda-media bullshit to sate the massess into thinking that this game is popular. 80 - 200 people per server speaks for itself don't you think?

Other than that, nice to see an announcement on this, sort of. Thank you for the translation. And try to get as much slep as you can MJ. You need it.

Yes KK please assure us that the servers can really hold so many ppl. Itll give us some peace.

Shujin
11-02-04, 18:10
But that's exactly what it is. I will even move into 10tacel's board of directors... and yea, Neocron will continue to wear the Reakktor.com label. So there won't be any changes on the surface... so who will he have to talk about when talkin about the ceo of nc?

MJS/MP ?

Zanathos
11-02-04, 20:04
What about the french?

I get the feeling there left out alot of things :p

notice how patches always translate into german and english?

what about the french?

btw, im not french :)

Tratos
11-02-04, 20:09
They do most of the translating them selves.

but anywho, does anyon have any info or links to anything about 10tacle?

accept from that link to the logo, lol

~Tratos

garyu69
11-02-04, 20:24
Will UK and US get the game advertised? I've never heard of this company advertising anything here.

Can the do worlwide advertising?

Endar
11-02-04, 21:18
OMG this means that if BDoY fixes most of the bugs of NC there will be atlast more people, prolly good servers (no lag for me anymore!!!) and did you hear, the B DoY is really going to be known in the public!!!! WOHOOOO!!!!

shodanjr_gr
11-02-04, 21:29
This doesnt sound too good for me. Im sorry but ive never heard of the publisher, doesnt sound too good that a company that has existed for so little wants to do big time software publishing. What if 10tacle fails to promote Neocron in a proper way?
They own Neocron now, they can close it at any time the feel like it. When Reakktor was solo if they had a good enough cash inflow they could keep the servers working. Now all 10tacel has gota do is pull the plug when they see Neocron not living up to their expectations.

Im sorry but i woudlnt get my hopes up for Neocron...

I really really hope im wrong though.

<edit> And about the control issue. I really doubt that MJS will now have any real control over Neocron development. Being in the board doesnt mean that you actually control the board...

Mighty Max
11-02-04, 22:45
Its 10tacel and www.10tacel.com

But there is not much information available there yet :p

10tacel GmbH is a relatively new brand. But they already rised to the 3rd biggest german gaming company with this deal. (If the press is right informed )

Darkborg
11-02-04, 22:49
2 things

Servers should be able to hold up unles they downgraded them badly. Im from an age where over 500 online wasnt at all unusual.

Secondly. Who says that 10tacle didnt buy out a large share in NC for a large share in 10tacle to MjS

SirRah
11-02-04, 22:56
Okay... 10tacel has a good amount of money and what do you want when you already got money? ..... more money.

What's the best way to do that? Of course, working together with a firm which already got a good game going and is a money making machine.

10tacel is new, thats why you cant know much about them. Also as they are new they will have to do good work or it was the last thing they did. They will make Neocron and NC:BDOY a better game than it is now cuz thats they only way for them to get money. NC will be there main product and it will most likely get most attention.

Why is 10tacel better than CDV? Cuz CDV does not have any new innovations and if one of there games fails they have a few other games to get money. 10tacel is new and prolly will have new innovations, Neocron is there only way to get more money.

Also in MJS' thread he said:
How many and/or which parts of both companies were exchanged i cannot discuss in public, of course

think that means KK owns parts of 10tacel as well. MJS and MP will most likely be partners and want the best for both of there firms.

So stop being so pessimistic cuz you dont know how this will turn out.

Hope it turns out well and keep up with the good work MJS ^^

PS: I tried to stick as close as possible to the original text but it was like 4 am when i did... thats also the reason why MJS didnt post it in english. Would you do that after a long hard day?

:edit:
Origianlly posted by ElfinLord
(Disney fanboi? o_O )

err ya.... an internal joke with a mate :p

RayBob
11-02-04, 23:16
I want to know if KK is planning to advertise strongly in the US. As an American player, I want more people online in my own time zones.

nonamebrandeggs
11-02-04, 23:31
SUPER INFO RIGHT HERE: Michele Pes, CEO von 10tacel!

Michele Pes is the CEO guy, so lets make him a card.

Keiron
11-02-04, 23:44
Originally posted by RayBob
I want to know if KK is planning to advertise strongly in the US. As an American player, I want more people online in my own time zones.
I agree, that and Neocron has some SERIOUS potential in the US. Ask anyone who connects to the Flux voice com - Americans love to kill things:D

Shujin
12-02-04, 00:09
Mjs , is this Michele Pes?

http://www.lag-neue-medien.de/crossmedia1999/Wild.jpg

Shujin
12-02-04, 00:09
or is this? ( man with mic )
http://www.lag-neue-medien.de/crossmedia1999/Work2.jpg

-SRY DIDNT MEAN TO DOUBLE POST-

mystery8
12-02-04, 00:25
Doesn't news like this warrant a posting on the Neocron.com ?

Martin J. Schwiezer
12-02-04, 02:44
@Shujin: None of the guys on your pics is Michele Pes. Where did you get those pics from and who are those guys? o_O

Anyway... Michele and me will be the only directors after the merge at 10T. So we both will equally decide what will go on inside 10tacle and KK. But remaining the only CEO at KK, I will keep full control over Neocron.

Equipped with the proper budgets and an army of highly professional producers, 10tacle will also pick up a lot of other projects and produce/publish/finance them.

Overall, this will be an exciting venture for KK and also for me. But Neocron will always remain my and KK's #1 "baby" and top priority focus.

Shujin
12-02-04, 02:57
@Shujin: None of the guys on your pics is Michele Pes. Where did you get those pics from and who are those guys? o_O

Anyway... Michele and me will be the only directors after the merge at 10T. So we both will equally decide what will go on inside 10tacle and KK. But remaining the only CEO at KK, I will keep full control over Neocron.

Equipped with the proper budgets and an army of highly professional producers, 10tacle will also pick up a lot of other projects and produce/publish/finance them.

Overall, this will be an exciting venture for KK and also for me. But Neocron will always remain my and KK's #1 "baby" and top priority focus. i searched google for his name, came up with those 2 pics from a 1999 high school thing in germany, said Michele was asking a question to the speaker. thought one of those 2 people were him. ;P

bounty
12-02-04, 03:22
wtf, 5 pages of threads and not a single testacel joke?

Anyways, good work KK, this sort of thing is rarely bad, except when the said company wants the talent, instead of the game.(ie dynamix)

Psychoninja
12-02-04, 04:20
So in other words the merger with 10tacel was to have a stronger foundation under neocron? Will 10tacel handle any of the publishing and adverts? Or are they just there as a resource?

KimmyG
12-02-04, 05:52
If this brings some nice funding and replaces the current support and help system with some paid professionals whos job is to support and that is it, it will be a 110% turn out.

Advertiseing they cant do a worse job than CDV I mean 0 advertisement and a fucked up release. Unless they take every copy of bdoy and load it into a rocket and send it to the sun they will have done a better job. I mean some pics in mags,website links hopefully a TV commercial.

2ply
12-02-04, 07:09
Originally posted by KimmyG
Advertiseing they cant do a worse job than CDV I mean 0 advertisement and a fucked up release. Unless they take every copy of bdoy and load it into a rocket and send it to the sun they will have done a better job. I mean some pics in mags,website links hopefully a TV commercial.

Launching a copy into the sun... That's a good idea. Good publisity(sp? :|).

:p

40$Poser
12-02-04, 07:31
for U.S. advertising, I can't really see television as a medium for advertising. (though of course I could be wrong) I can rarely ever recall any PC game having an advertisement in the states (except for maybe a mega game like SimCity 4 or something like that) Good reviews, ads in magizines. Maybe a new demo... well put together trailers and I don't see how much could go wrong.

Lareolan
12-02-04, 08:58
Originally posted by Nightbrother

Um.... 450,000 units? Why am I smelling something? And I'm pretty sure it's not me.

As to "know-how"? For those of us with any degree of software design know-how we know how badly KK screwed up on some major implementation selections to begin with. To start off with their choice for an enegine to base the graphics part of the game on. Or for example the horrific choice of database. Or the pretty bad and easily fixable bugs that have been around for quite some time. The hard-coded parts even though scripting IS used and could be used for a lot more things. I could keep going, but if anyone who reads this knows anything about programming they should know what I'm talking about and those who don't will not.
But basically, what exactly is this "know-how"? Knowing how to chose the worst tools for the job? Knowing how not to implement things the way the rest of the MMOs do? what?

"With Neocron we have the most successful german MMORPG in our portfolio"??
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't DPS also German? And unless I am mistaken they have a much larger community surrounding their, not even beta yet, project. (And a big part of that community are disappointed ex-NC players). So yeah, how's that a success?

Rith
12-02-04, 09:45
Originally posted by Lareolan
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't DPS also German? And unless I am mistaken they have a much larger community surrounding their, not even beta yet, project. (And a big part of that community are disappointed ex-NC players). So yeah, how's that a success?

sorry your wrong on that point, its not even close, Neocron has a significantly larger community.

also bear in mind the NC community here is now filtered down to people who registered active product keys...

I'd also assume Neocron's position as the most sucessfull german MMORPG is kind of assured as its the only german MMORPG live and in the market.

•Super|\|ova•
12-02-04, 11:33
Originally posted by Bl@zed
no that shit sucks, i got a 7 day no warning ban for spamming trade for 10 seconds then logging :rolleyes:

That's what I call justice. In my opinion the same thing ought to be done on EVERY server! As you know it isn't allowed so why do you have to do it then ffs? It's like you know stealing is illegal and then you get caught and you start whining at the police officers it's retarded you can't steal stuff when you feel like it. People like you ought to be stabbed in the face and left bleeding in the moonlight!

//EDIT: Oh yeah! It will be THE DAY OF THE 10TACLE!!! :lol:

Archeus
12-02-04, 12:09
Originally posted by 40$Poser
for U.S. advertising, I can't really see television as a medium for advertising.

yea, everyone gets all worked up over a semi-covered booble shown on TV. Imagine they showed Pepperpark in the advert.

Peter Andre
12-02-04, 12:21
nice work MJS nice to see things goin forwards

oh btw i want a poll who got
//EDIT: Oh yeah! It will be THE DAY OF THE 10TACLE!!! cos i doubt many of the younger ppl did :p:D :p

phunqe
12-02-04, 12:26
Originally posted by Peter Andre
oh btw i want a poll who got "Oh yeah! It will be THE DAY OF THE 10TACLE!!!" cos i doubt many of the younger ppl did :p:D :p

OT: Old DOS game. From LucasArts I believe :)

•Super|\|ova•
12-02-04, 13:10
Originally posted by Peter Andre
nice work MJS nice to see things goin forwards

oh btw i want a poll who got cos i doubt many of the younger ppl did :p:D :p

Does that mean I'm ancient :lol:

Elric
12-02-04, 13:12
Originally posted by phunqe
OT: Old DOS game. From LucasArts I believe :)

pre- Monkey Island if i remember correctly, yes, sequel to maniac mansion.

edit: yes.... I did play them when they were released... yes, im gettin old... :(

Mirco
12-02-04, 13:22

Erm you compare Neocron with a game that hasn`t even reached beta? I`ll tell you this. 1 paying customer is worth 50 pre-beta community members. I`m regged on DPS`s forum and all they have given us is a wage idea about how things are going to work, some screens, a video. The rest is just the usuall pre-beta community speculations and brainfarts. I follow a few mmo`s these days and its always the same. I participate in the speculation and come up with a few brainfarts myself, but basing a games successfullness on this seems a bit silly to me.

Elric
12-02-04, 13:48
I think the actual wording of MJS's post was "The only German MMO developer". This could have been a mis-translation and since I've been warned about commenting on the other game then I decided to keep me gob shut.

Obviously the above is innacurate, DPS are another german MMO developer. BUT, Reakktor is the only german MMO developer with a game in retail stages so saying they have the m,ost successful german MMO on theyre portfolio i suppose given circumstance is accurate.

Only time will tell whether it remains that way and will always be subject to personal opinion, which realistically, isnt worth dick.

Vampire222
12-02-04, 14:28
man elric, seriously man, i still haveto see what will become of the "other" german mmo, all talk no show yet, just happy screenshots

Vampire222
12-02-04, 14:30
Um.... 450,000 units? Why am I smelling something? And I'm pretty sure it's not me.

As to "know-how"? For those of us with any degree of software design know-how we know how badly KK screwed up on some major implementation selections to begin with. To start off with their choice for an enegine to base the graphics part of the game on. Or for example the horrific choice of database. Or the pretty bad and easily fixable bugs that have been around for quite some time. The hard-coded parts even though scripting IS used and could be used for a lot more things. I could keep going, but if anyone who reads this knows anything about programming they should know what I'm talking about and those who don't will not.
But basically, what exactly is this "know-how"? Knowing how to chose the worst tools for the job? Knowing how not to implement things the way the rest of the MMOs do? what?

guy, seriously go make your own fucking mmo, if its better ill hang myself, be sure to tell me when its done...

Elric
12-02-04, 14:34
Originally posted by Vampire222
man elric, seriously man, i still haveto see what will become of the "other" german mmo, all talk no show yet, just happy screenshots

:lol:

Yea true, HOWEVER, what did NC have in pre-beta?

Im sure all pre-beta games are pretty much in the same boat when it comes to info n such.

:edit: At least, all the ones Ive looked at in pre-beta states (mods and full games), its all been pretty much the same sort of things available. Few screenies, few renders, some storyline / plot, some news and general progress stuff, an IRC channel and a forum.

Snotra
12-02-04, 14:45
MJS put a short statement (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=90505&perpage=15&pagenumber=7#post1218049) by M.Pes, CEO of 10tacel, on the german part of the forum. Translated it says about...

With pride and amazement we noticed, that the merger with Reakktor produced such reactions. It's good how the members of the Neocron community identify themselves with the project, and we are happy to be part of it now.

But there are certain things I'd like to clear up:

[list=1]
It is no hostile takeover, but a joint venture. You can see this in the fact that Martin will become part of the 10tacel board and will take responsibility over products and technology

Nothing changes for you actually, except the fact that 10tacel will now pay Reakktor's bills. Martin is and will stay head of the project and we have great confidence that Beyond Dome of York will be a great product. Martin stays head of the team and will also be the one who directly communicates with the community...

Our website has been discussed more than enough... the only thing I can say about that, is that there are enough companies with a great website, who only use it to blind the masses. We'll get a website, there is no doubt about this... there are more important things in the short run though... that is to push the topic neocron

We're not responsible for the mistakes made by other publishers... whatever causes poeple to have bad feelings, is not in the authority of 10tacel... the thing I want to ask you is to have patience, so we can discuss all topics together with Reakktor... (stability of the servers, and so on) we're not able to do this overnight and have to get our own picture of the issue(s).

I can assure you, that 10tacel will have a special offer for all the loyal gamers after the launch. The offer will document that we're not only aware of your loyality, but also honour it.

[/list=1]

greetings and have fun while gaming wishes
m pes

naimex
12-02-04, 14:47
Sweet :)

Elric
12-02-04, 14:49
quite a reassuring post that. Its seems a good thing that 10catel at least have someone who is as willing to communicate as MJS has been in the past.

hope that the special offer is worth it though, it could be the make or break point on ALOT of reactivations of accounts. Including mine.

•Super|\|ova•
12-02-04, 15:24
I think they will give us candy... yes. Definitely candy.

Vampire222
12-02-04, 15:29
Originally posted by Elric
quite a reassuring post that. Its seems a good thing that 10catel at least have someone who is as willing to communicate as MJS has been in the past.

hope that the special offer is worth it though, it could be the make or break point on ALOT of reactivations of accounts. Including mine.
hopefully, pluto aint the same without sexy elric O_o

Elric
12-02-04, 15:45
hopefully, pluto aint the same without sexy elric O_o

:lol: Thanks... i think... :p

I wasnt being big-headed or anything, just illustrating that thats the way I was thinking on the whole BDOY thing as Im sure there are many others thinking the same.

Some of the info already released and implemented in recent patches and sneak peaky things is pretty impressive. Improving droners, Hacknet, Gliders, ACTUALLY FIXING THE GFX CARD THING! :D and so on... is a damn good start and had me almost reactivating a few days ago (till i seen sense again) but its still not enough. If it turns out the deal is a mesely £5 off the retail game box price, then it'll still end up a case of "screw it, still not worth the monthlies" if you get me drift.

RuriHoshino
12-02-04, 17:33
Originally posted by 40$Poser
for U.S. advertising, I can't really see television as a medium for advertising. (though of course I could be wrong) I can rarely ever recall any PC game having an advertisement in the states (except for maybe a mega game like SimCity 4 or something like that) Good reviews, ads in magizines. Maybe a new demo... well put together trailers and I don't see how much could go wrong.

Have the Sci-Fi channel on cable advertise it. ;)

Bengalmin
12-02-04, 17:51

just to remind you that cdv representatives did post on here once in a while (well once maybe ;) ) so can't judge a book by it's cover. Just because they made one post doesn't mean they will be great at communication. Not to say they wont, just they might not.

And as MJS is still the voice of reakktor then I doubt we will hear much direct from 10tacel

Lareolan
12-02-04, 17:52
guy, seriously go make your own fucking mmo, if its better ill hang myself, be sure to tell me when its done...

Heh, sure. Give me a team of a few good people. I can handle coding myself, so I need a few more competent coders. [ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ] A few animators, modelers, mapmakers. A musician/sfx expert. And a decent budget to keep us all fed during the development stage (give me about 2 - 3 years or so).

And I can assure you, I'll make something that will blow NC out of the water in quality, technology, number of nasty bugs that never get fixed etc...

Judge
12-02-04, 17:56
Look. You have a cancelled account so why are you still here?

[ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ]

Nidhogg
12-02-04, 18:14
Originally posted by Judge
Look. You have a cancelled account so why are you still here?Because for all his offensive comments and dismissal of the game, he's still playing. I think that says boatloads, personally.

N

Elric
12-02-04, 18:16
Originally posted by Bengalmin
just to remind you that cdv representatives did post on here once in a while (well once maybe ;) ) so can't judge a book by it's cover. Just because they made one post doesn't mean they will be great at communication. Not to say they wont, just they might not.

And as MJS is still the voice of reakktor then I doubt we will hear much direct from 10tacel

I wasnt really watching the forums much back then I'm afraid, i woulda missed this one. I was more refferring to the content of the Post more than the frequency of it, however, I do see your point.

Lots of violations of forum rules.. naughty kiddies :p

Judge, if the comment of cancelled account was aimed at me, Please see what I had said in an earlier post about my reasons for still being here, and kindly mind your own business :p

jernau
12-02-04, 18:20
Originally posted by Nidhogg
Because for all his offensive comments and dismissal of the game, he's still playing. I think that says boatloads, personally.

N

:lol: :lol:

BTW - Shouldn't there be another preview thing soon? The first 3 were 2 weeks from each other and it's been 3 or 4 weeks now since part 3. Sorry if someone already asked - I've been busy the last few days.

/edit - nm saw Odin humming in another thread.

Stigmata
12-02-04, 18:25
Because for all his offensive comments and dismissal of the game, he's still playing. I think that says boatloads, personally.

N

hahaha

Nidd > lan whatever he was called

Judge
12-02-04, 18:30

N

But his title says that he has a cancelled account.

Elric
12-02-04, 18:34
maybe just cancelled recently, the account remains active and playable till the last payment runs out.

Nidhogg
12-02-04, 18:51
You can have whatever title you like - it's changeable in the profile.

N

Judge
12-02-04, 18:53
I know, I was just pointing out why I flamed him, because I though (not unreasonably) that he had a cancelled account. Not really making excuses... just saying why.

Forget My Name
12-02-04, 19:24
With pride and amazement we noticed, that the merger with Reakktor produced such reactions. It's good how the members of the Neocron community identify themselves with the project, and we are happy to be part of it now.

But there are certain things I'd like to clear up:

It is no hostile takeover, but a joint venture. You can see this in the fact that Martin will become part of the 10tacel board and will take responsibility over products and technology

Nothing changes for you actually, except the fact that 10tacel will now pay Reakktor's bills. Martin is and will stay head of the project and we have great confidence that Beyond Dome of York will be a great product. Martin stays head of the team and will also be the one who directly communicates with the community...

Our website has been discussed more than enough... the only thing I can say about that, is that there are enough companies with a great website, who only use it to blind the masses. We'll get a website, there is no doubt about this... there are more important things in the short run though... that is to push the topic neocron

We're not responsible for the mistakes made by other publishers... whatever causes poeple to have bad feelings, is not in the authority of 10tacel... the thing I want to ask you is to have patience, so we can discuss all topics together with Reakktor... (stability of the servers, and so on) we're not able to do this overnight and have to get our own picture of the issue(s).

I can assure you, that 10tacel will have a special offer for all the loyal gamers after the launch. The offer will document that we're not only aware of your loyality, but also honour it.

greetings and have fun while gaming wishes
m pes

-Um, did anyone from CDV ever make as many reassuring comments and good gestures as mr. P here does? I am starting to like this merger.

Rimase
12-02-04, 20:04
Originally posted by Bl@zed
wow, with reakktor selling the majority of themselves to 10tecal, a lot fo things might change in neocron, some good, some bad O_o

:eek: :eek:

Martin J. Schwiezer
13-02-04, 05:34
@ForgetMyName: Excellent translation. Thank you very much.

Shujin
13-02-04, 06:27
sounds like they are just kinda Investors.

]v[ortice
13-02-04, 17:25
I'm sure this is a fantastic future unfolding before our eyes for both parties.

The test will once again be when NC:BDOY is finally released.

This product must be advertised properly in the UK and the US. These two markets have yet to be cracked by NC in my opinion and need the correct backing and the right campaign BEFORE release.

In that press release I heard a lot of mooting about german this and german that (I'm not anti-germanic btw). Some of us have been waiting for UK this and US that since the release of NC a year and a half ago. I would like to hear more about what targets the release of NC:BDOY are meant to acheive. To this day I have only seen 1 magazine advert for Neocron in the UK... and I know this was the publisher's fault before someone points it out.

I just want simple indications that advertisments and release dates will be consistent wherever the customer base. TV adverts cost a lot in the UK and the US. Does this mean we'll be left out? Will we have to wait almost a month again before we can get our hands on NC:BDOY? Have these allignment issues been given any thought?

lear
13-02-04, 23:40
Ah, this is great :)

Forget My Name
14-02-04, 09:13
Originally posted by Shujin
sounds like they are just kinda Investors.

Yeah, but I don't think reaKKtor quite gets it, and niether do we about how this whole 'thing' works.....

All players want is to be assured things are running smoothly, or we move on, hence the low server populations...

All KK and Mods want is proffessional respect when we chat on these forums and address them.....

Because we treat them like dirt 99% of the time on these forums, we are told nothing, hence people feel KK doesnt care ( newer players ) and so people leave....

Shitty cycle isn't it?

I don't care if 10tecal is just investors, hotdog venders or whatever. just the simple fact that it took some guy a few minutes to type something on his keyboard about anything good. period. when was the last time cdv did that? I know 10tecal probably isnt the developer, or is it? but atleast they have said hello to us.

Sorry reaKKtor for any disrespect we give you, but I cannoty apologise for everyone else on that matter. I hope this community as a whole changes their 'leet' attitude and develops a more proffessional attitutde towards the creators of this game...

Sorry, but KK does the BEST job in any mmorpg ever. I want to see people 'cry' and 'whine' and then see, next patch, their problems get solved in other games. Aint gonna happen. Try going on SWG or Shadowbane forums and ask for a weapon upgrade, or new 'spy' item, or more vehicle ammo.... you wont even get a response. But atleast here, the players DO make a difference...

Did you get that everyone... WE DO MAKE A DIFFERENCE HERE

Even though we get things we regret, like tech drop rates, mob strengthening and class nerfs, atleast WE GET THEM.

Thanks again KK for putting up with our shit, and STILL listening to us and shaping this game to the community's needs. I honestly think DOY would have come out sooner if KK didnt do so many minor changes that we asked for.

Carinth
15-02-04, 20:28
Originally posted by Darkborg
2 things

Servers should be able to hold up unles they downgraded them badly. Im from an age where over 500 online wasnt at all unusual.

Secondly. Who says that 10tacle didnt buy out a large share in NC for a large share in 10tacle to MjS
I was around then aswell, and you're totaly wrong. Do you recall what happened when a GM announced an event in Zone X? Almost everyone on the server would rush to that zone, the zone would crash and we'd all synch out repeatedly. Often we'd be stuck in the zone for a while until it eventualy calmed down and we could reach the exit. I wouldn't say the game can support 500 people if it chokes when they're all in the same zone. Have you been to a large op fight? With 20-30 on each side, the graphics engine slows to a crawl. As someone else said, return to castle wolfenstein and many other fps can easily support 40 or even 60 in some cases on each side. I realize the architecture/netcode is very different for each, but still. It's sad that a multiplayer fps can support more people fighting then a mmorpg.

Originally posted by Elric
I wasnt really watching the forums much back then I'm afraid, i woulda missed this one. I was more refferring to the content of the Post more than the frequency of it, however, I do see your point.
Ah I forget her name, she had a really creepy avatar. It was during the release disaster in the US. She posted a few times trying to reassure us.

What I want most for neocron is stability and completion of the game as is. No more partialy done systems or leftovers from an abandoned attempt at something. The crashes, synchs, random odd bugs, all need to be addressed. If BDOY acomplishes this, then I will be extatic. New content/New features/Pretty graphics, don't really matter if the core game is still broken. It's easy to distract people with eye candy, but that won't keep them here. It'll just push their cancelation back a month or two.

Azzazel
16-02-04, 22:25
I dont know why so much people complain about this games... i have played EQ, ultima online, final fantasy 11, dark age of camelot and neocron is the only one i found to be entertaining and original. I will surely buy this expension.

Elric
17-02-04, 15:36
Originally posted by Carinth
I was around then aswell, and you're totaly wrong. Do you recall what happened when a GM announced an event in Zone X? Almost everyone on the server would rush to that zone, the zone would crash
[...snip...]
to be addressed. If BDOY acomplishes this, then I will be extatic. New content/New features/Pretty graphics, don't really matter if the core game is still broken. It's easy to distract people with eye candy, but that won't keep them here. It'll just push their cancelation back a month or two.

Amen, Dead on the money with it as always Carinth.

shodanjr_gr
17-02-04, 17:11
Originally posted by Carinth
I. Have you been to a large op fight? With 20-30 on each side, the graphics engine slows to a crawl. As someone else said, return to castle wolfenstein and many other fps can easily support 40 or even 60 in some cases on each side. I realize the architecture/netcode is very different for each, but still. It's sad that a multiplayer fps can support more people fighting then a mmorpg.

And ill just mention Planetside in which i managed to fight 100+ person battles without any FPS slowdowns (just client side lag due to my crappy connection).

Nasher
17-02-04, 17:17
And ill just mention Planetside in which i managed to fight 100+ person battles without any FPS slowdowns (just client side lag due to my crappy connection).

PS lags a LOT, they just do a nice job of hiding it by having most of the predictions client side. Ever noticed how you get run over by a vehicle 30m away? or you get shot after running round a corner, and then theres other stuff like people sinking into the ground, appearing to walk through walls etc :)

One thing that is good though is the netcode seems to cut down the lag between you and the person your fighting/aiming at dynamicly, which helps.

sanityislost
17-02-04, 19:13

Overall, this will be an exciting venture for KK and also for me. But Neocron will always remain my and KK's #1 "baby" and top priority focus.

The Cult is pleased to hear your company is doing sweet, and this thing with 10tacel is gona make the game better. Im fairly sure the skull is happy with all this stuff

Timster
17-02-04, 20:28
can the words 'neocron' and 'advertising' be used in the same sentence without the words 'has no' between them?

jernau
17-02-04, 20:33
Originally posted by Timster
can the words 'neocron' and 'advertising' be used in the same sentence without the words 'has no' between them?

Give the new guys a chance at least.

Though I have to say it's still very silent for a game that is supposedly getting it's big (re)launch in 4 months. I keep hoping I'll see a warbot on the cover of PC Zone every time I go into a newsagents but......

J. Folsom
17-02-04, 20:36
Originally posted by jernau
Give the new guys a chance at least.

Though I have to say it's still very silent for a game that is supposedly getting it's big (re)launch in 4 months. I keep hoping I'll see a warbot on the cover of PC Zone every time I go into a newsagents but...... If the British magazines are like the Dutch ones you're more likely to see a shot of certain parts of PP on front. ;)

jernau
17-02-04, 20:38
Originally posted by J. Folsom
If the British magazines are like the Dutch ones you're more likely to see a shot of certain parts of PP on front. ;)

They aren't quite that bad but good point. Even that would be something at least. Presumably they'd use the new higher-poly versions as an excuse.

Tratos
17-02-04, 21:43
C'mon MJS since your online give us some more information to do with 10t!

~Tratos

msdong
17-02-04, 22:08
maybe you are interested in this (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=91244)

its nothing big but a statement on the change of the payment system with BDoY. you dont have to change but you may be rewarded if you do.

this was just an info because some ppl dig the news somewhere on the internet and will be anouced later.

jernau
17-02-04, 22:11
Originally posted by msdong
maybe you are interested in this (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=91244)

its nothing big but a statement on the change of the payment system with BDoY. you dont have to change but you may be rewarded if you do.

this was just an info because some ppl dig the news somewhere on the internet and will be anouced later.

erm.. Thanks, I guess.

Does that apply to use (I know the Germans get some payment options non-Germans don't)?

Can anyone translate it if it does apply?

msdong
17-02-04, 22:17
all new accounts will be setup on click2pay and all old ppl that change from worlpay and other stuff to it will be rewarded with "quote MJS: Free month"

the adress in the post is for some information but he say it will all be announced "official" on time.

Kugero
17-02-04, 23:49
Translation:

"As already read some from you on MCV on-line ones, we (10T/KK) will offer system with release of DoY a new Payment. The system is called "Click-2-Pay" and by the Wirecard AG is offered. Particularly particularly high reliability, user friendliness and international draw order -, and/or for applicability out by. All past and accounts de-energised up to release of NC:BDoY are administered however also further over the momentarily offered Payment Provider (PayByCash, ELV and Worldpay). The change to Click-2-Pay for existing accounts is thus voluntary, however by a credit note for one month "Free Play" is recompenced. Details in addition are still communicated. Further details over the Click-2-Pay Payment system take you please from the side of the manufacturer/developer"

Direct cut & paste into an online trans-mangle-lation device.

ichinin
18-02-04, 21:23
Ah.. now i know what BDoY really means: Board of Directors Yobb :)

(i'm finished with SWG... or "collect-items-o-cron" as i now call it, now i'm awaiting a review of BDoY)

Timster
19-02-04, 05:57
SWG any good?

i thought it a bit ****** it took people like 6 months to even start being jedi. :/

and even gayer to have made video of it and put it on fileplanet...and fileplanet wanking all over it like:

"OMFG 1337!!?!?!!! ppl can uze l1ght s4bers now 1n 5WG, th3y n0w 4r3 am4z1ng0rz!!!!1111 th3y 0n1y 1ost 6 m0n7hs of t3irz l1v3s t0 d0 1t!!!!11111. 4r3nt they 13370rz0rz0rz"

i thought, how ******, to be starwars, and take 6 months to be a jedi knight....i wanna be f*cking people over with a light saber *cough* devils grace *cough* within like 2 to 3 weeks of starting.

did kk release a vid 1st time someone used a cs? or pe? or hl?.....no.

blumblumshub
20-02-04, 23:54
Originally posted by Timster
SWG any good?

HAHAHAHA... No, it's a big bag of shite! It's like Anarchy Online with added extra-lag(tm)

Neocron opens the mouth of SWG, extends its tongue and pees freely upon it.

I think people might be reading a little more into this merger than there really is. I mean it's a big step for Martin and Reakktor, but from a player's point of view I think in all reality we will see little change.

I always thought Michele was a lady's name. I know Michel is a Man's name, but I just was under the impression that Michele was feminine. Cast some light upon this ;)

Best of luck to Martin and Michele with their venture anyway,
Blum