PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Maps for Neocron - What would you like?

Benjie
11-02-04, 02:16
I have two desires.

ONE: A giant Garbage dump. Surrounded by fencing, Cars piled on top of each other, Tires and Barrels. No Mobs except a few deseised rats. Lots of Bioteck Garbage though!

TWO: A new cave, with hidden areas, waterfalls. Makes good use of Swimming. Lots of crevises to explore. A little bit like Tomb Raider.

sanityislost
11-02-04, 02:23
Well id really love to see that place where that dude found all those psi monks in that cave, ya know like and under ground city and not something like a 2nd TH, best idea i can think of is something like the underground citys that where in tomb raider that would be fucking sweet

[edit] i really didnt read ur post n then read it after i did mine we both have the tomb raider thing.....scary

lullysing
11-02-04, 02:25
Those 2 places are already in the game : check the garbage dump ( middle of the map, in the middle map plains/desert) and the el-farid underground city.

Rieper
11-02-04, 02:26
the garbage dump is not what benjie describes in his post..

and i'd like skyscraper alley from manhattan.. except deserted.. a few rats, a few muties.. and a sense of scale.. the smallest one twice as high as the point red tower.

sanityislost
11-02-04, 02:27
el farid to me doesnt count as an under ground city its like a shit hole. im talking a huge open kinda place. geme 5 min to find a pic of what im thinking about

Clownst0pper
11-02-04, 02:29
a ravine made up of multiple shanty towns, much like TG canyons, except derilict, and hundreds of tiny lived in huts cut into the rock faces.

All of this with wooden bridges and gaurded by gaurds on droms.

(you know that would rock) :D

sanityislost
11-02-04, 02:34
http://ucsu.colorado.edu/~wolda/gifs/IMG36a.JPG

something like that but on a much larger skale and underground in a huge cave

[TgR]KILLER
11-02-04, 02:41
@ place one. junktown anybody ?

Benjie
11-02-04, 02:53
Originally posted by sanityislost
http://ucsu.colorado.edu/~wolda/gifs/IMG36a.JPG

something like that but on a much larger skale and underground in a huge cave
That would be sweet even outside dug into a canyon!

Cytaur
11-02-04, 02:53
Vault 0 :)

Benjie
11-02-04, 12:10
Originally posted by Cytaur
Vault 0 :)
Vault 13 you Tactics Fanboi, grrrrr!

Vault 13>Vault 0 :p

J. Folsom
11-02-04, 12:17
OMG, FNATSY LEIK ELVS NAD STFFF?!?!/1/11?!/1!?!1? U SAWK!

:p

I'm surprised no one made a comment like that yet, honestly speaking...
Anyway, something like sanityislost posted would be absolutely funky. As would some vaults, especially if they look somewhat like the Fallout ones, with some references.

bounty
11-02-04, 12:30
i'd like to see places that are more remote and hard to get to. Make this game feel more like an adventure to get to places. Kinda like regant, being all off in its own little sector, except make it worth the walk by having good drops or cool mobs, etc. Right now there just i don't get the sense of adventure and exploration and part of that is because of the GRs.

Clownst0pper
11-02-04, 13:23
That would be sweet even outside dug into a canyon!

ONOZ my dream!

metalangel
11-02-04, 14:57
A city dug into the side of a canyon?

And it would be different from the Twilight Guardian Canyon how, exactly? :rolleyes:

The ruined city one is a good 'un, that tower in Crest Village is huuuuuuge. Hate to think about the framerates, but, still, a great idea.

Psychoninja
11-02-04, 14:59
A warzone the size of neocron, but with no synch lines 8|

msdong
11-02-04, 17:27
an oil rig (OP).. we have so much sea out there and nothing in it :)
and a huge canyon with a bridge, and huge i mean over half of the map. (edit: was that conan? the bridge made of an large monster skeleton?...if you know you get the picture)

btw, im real interested in that announced snow from BDoY..

Psyco Groupie
11-02-04, 17:29
I had a dream, benjie got banned from the forums .. was sooo fucking cool!

:lol:

Mingerroo
11-02-04, 17:35
A deserted, ruined city. Something that really makes you think "shit, people just like us lived here once". With shopping trolleys and the sort scattered. Think 28 days later with more rot, scum, rats, etc.

Steve

-FN-
11-02-04, 17:35
Well, this isn't a fantasy place perse, but:

http://www.synergyxr.net/images/fn/map.jpg

I'd like to see the green area an island with jungly stuff... baboons, parrots, and other critters... and those characters from the Lion King, the ones that sing annoyingly about worrying.

The red dots should be underground passages like the caves with lots of death-by-lava pits cuz hey, it also goes into the yellow area..... OMG TEH VOLCANOO!!!!!1

Blue is Regant's legacy... that should just be done by now lol

And the white at the top shoudl be some super high precipace of snow and evil snow things like that thing on the animated old school rudolph that Yukon Cornelious was after. And we should be able to make snowmen.

I need to go to sleep.

Eddie
11-02-04, 17:37
Originally posted by -FN-
Well, this isn't a fantasy place perse, but:

http://www.synergyxr.net/images/fn/map.jpg

I'd like to see the green area an island with jungly stuff... baboons, parrots, and other critters... and those characters from the Lion King, the ones that sing annoyingly about worrying.

The red dots should be underground passages like the caves with lots of death-by-lava pits cuz hey, it also goes into the yellow area..... OMG TEH VOLCANOO!!!!!1

Blue is Regant's legacy... that should just be done by now lol

And the white at the top shoudl be some super high precipace of snow and evil snow things like that thing on the animated old school rudolph that Yukon Cornelious was after. And we should be able to make snowmen.

I need to go to sleep.

Haha.. that reminds me of Heroes of Might and Magic for some reason o.O

Xylaz
11-02-04, 17:47
populate Gaya Mines !!!!
They are cool looking and have nice gloomy atmosphere. And I'd like to have more things like that... not just another cave with mobs + mob queen, but something with the storyline, something to explore...not just to kill.
Quite simple

az

Eddie
11-02-04, 17:48
Originally posted by Xylaz
populate Gaya Mines !!!!
They are cool looking and have nice gloomy atmosphere. And I'd like to have more things like that... not just another cave with mobs + mob queen, but something with the storyline, something to explore...not just to kill.
Quite simple

az

Yup.. I remember being awed by how cool them caves were... the graphics, the location, the atmosphere.. almost as if there was a story to tell (which there probably was.. but making it more functional..)

Eddie

msdong
11-02-04, 17:56
when i see the dotted line by -FN- i just recall that doy was building a tunnel towards neocron .. wow - that one can be filled with evil things.

Parappa
11-02-04, 19:28
A gigantic floating mega-city which could only be reached by a glider.

Marx
11-02-04, 19:30
I want the wastelands to be filled with the remains of the before times.

Duder
11-02-04, 19:32
I want a personal nuclear missle silo command bunker with a few ICBMs still left and working on a remote island near mcpherson.

Psyco Groupie
11-02-04, 19:45
Monkeys Island!!!1 (in the future!)

Endar
11-02-04, 22:02
OMG some posts in this thread are crazy :D I mean, a jungle after a nuclear war what destroyed nearly everything on the face of the earth? LoL! But that snowy area would actually make sense. You could add 10 point of cold dmg to that area for every 5 seconds or something if you dont have a good cold protection suit. And if you are not going to do that, dont bother even start thinking about it. If i would see a tank running around cold snowy area with a t-shirt on him i would start to cry. Why does every game developer think that its not colder in the northern parts of the world at winter than there is normally in middle of fecking USA?? I mean, The Thing is the only game that actually has cold dmg, but every game should have that. Its right now -23 celcius here in Finland and i think i would die outside with normal clothes on in 10mins (nearly turned into ice sculpture when i gone outside to smoke tobacco...).

And well, i agree about the Regant's. And it would be cool to see some wasteland village like the ShadySands from Fallout, or the JunkYard :D

Mr. Chainsaw
11-02-04, 22:16
Yeah, a nice burned out city. I like things that remind me it's a post apocalyptic game.

Some things I'd love to see:

-A lonely graveyard out in the wastelands. Possibly some sort of secret underground area accessible via a grave.

-A military bunker, not like the CM, but more 20th century filled with stuff that reminds you of the past.

-A creepy Crahn sect laboratory filled with wierd experiments and a "habitat" area where you can hunt things.

-Eden, a sort of Oasis in the Wastelands that's really hard to get to, filled with grass and trees and things you can't find anywhere else in the game.

-An underwater laboratory...sort of like sealab but less zanny :P

-The ruins of known current day landmarks, sort of like when Charlton Heston came across the Statue of Liberty at the end of Planet of the Apes.

-A nuclear missle facility and silos.

-A ruined airport/spaceport.

-An old tanker or battleship floating out in the middle of the ocean, or perhaps an oil platform...but that might be too Fallout-ish.

-The haunted ruins of a city or town. Yeah I know it's a sci fi game, but supernatural stuff is fun. Make it the scarriest, creepiest place in the world.

-An old laboratory testing strange technology gone horribly wrong!!! Filled with ultra powerful monsters. Perhaps the lab was working on short range teleporters, so as a result the whole zone is screwed up. Going through a door sometimes leads to a wrong location or you walk right back into the same room. The laws of physics are totally screwed up, things are lying on the ceiling, objects are warped in impossible ways. None of the ambient things or monsters move quite right...in a way entirely different than Neofrag! And at the very depths of this laboratory, an ancient secret, a terrible secret which should remain hidden away, which was not meant for human eyes....

Mingerroo
11-02-04, 22:59
I think they should save the "post apocalyptic city" for a future expansion, where you can go off over the ocean or something, I think it would look too odd if it was on the same island as DoY, NC, MB, TH and TG and not infested with mutants or something.

Steve

RuriHoshino
11-02-04, 23:22
As a second expansion....the ruins of the original Tokyo you have to pass thru to get to Tokyo 2. :cool:

Mingerroo
11-02-04, 23:59
Oooooh :eek: You're goood :)

Me likes that idea lots and lots :D

Steve