PDA

View Full Version : BDOY free?

MrBiggles
10-02-04, 23:53
anyone else see this in the sticky thread?

Originally posted by kane
Dome of York Expansion Pack

The first expansion pack for Neocron will be the city of Dome of York. The entrance to Dome of York will be located in the North of the Wastelands. It will be available in Q1/2003 and it will be available as a FREE download from our website (yep, you got that one right... for free!). While it will not be as big as the city of Neocron, it will highly add to the NC universe and its immersion.

I'm a noob, so is kane a voice of authority? is the "free" part true? I've been hearing that it's an expansion that we have to buy since I started.

Anyone know?

Benjie
10-02-04, 23:55
Thats old news. It will be cheap, but not free.

The publishers decision I belive.

Opar
11-02-04, 00:00
Originally posted by Benjie
Thats old news. It will be cheap, but not free.

The publishers decision I belive.

1 minute till deadline for publisher announcement.

Doh. 0 mins. Unlucky :P

40$Poser
11-02-04, 00:02
you'd think that this would give away it's old news

Q1/2003

it's coming out Q2/2004 now anyways

Nidhogg
11-02-04, 00:09
Kane is indeed quoting a very old announcement with outdated information. Besides, BDoY is much more than it was going to be back then. ;)

N

Alpha-Omega
11-02-04, 00:14
Originally posted by Nidhogg
Besides, BDoY is much more than it was going to be back then. ;)

You can say that again.

It was supposed to be just a few new critters and a new city, now it will be whats gonna make or break NCs future.

If KK pull this off they will be on a winner, if DoY is utter crud... well, lets just say i will be £6 a month better off

Benjie
11-02-04, 00:14
Kane is indeed quoting a very old announcement with outdated information. Besides, BDoY is much more than it was going to be back then. ;)

N
I was going to go into details on that, but I didn't.
Oh well MrBiggles here you go. :cool:

Old BDoY was:
-a new City
-A new Faction.

New BDoY is:
-This (http://www.neocron.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=NeoContent&file=index&pageID=190)
-I belive the city is also bigger than it once was. Reakktor initially said that BDoY will be very small in comparrison to Neocron, and now they are saying it will be about the same size.

As you can see you are deffinetly getting your penny's worth.

Spencer Leone
11-02-04, 00:17
So it aint gonna be free to download?

Pfff

Alpha-Omega
11-02-04, 00:18
I'm guessing BDOY will be about £10 to £20 in cost, any more and there would be a ton of shouting n flaming of the publishers in the forum (an the mods don't want that, do they? means they hafta come off coffee break early :D *ducks from Nid's hammer*)

Judge
11-02-04, 00:26
Originally posted by Spencer Leone

Pfff

So you would prefer a free and shit expansion to a payed and good expansion?

Pfft

:rolleyes:

Bl@zed
11-02-04, 01:42

N

i sure hope so nid ;)
this expantion will make or break reakktor.

ps: i heard there was a rumor of a new class being added, is this true?

Alpha-Omega
11-02-04, 01:51
What other classes could you have?

We have the:
Wizard = Psi Monk APU
Fighter = Tank
Rogue = Spy
Adventurer/multiclasser = PE
Cleric = Psi Monk PPU

The only other class i could think of would be a martial arts class. C'mon kk, give us Kung Fu!!!!

Bl@zed
11-02-04, 01:53
Originally posted by Alpha-Omega

We have the:
Wizard = Psi Monk APU
Fighter = Tank
Rogue = Spy
Adventurer/multiclasser = PE
Cleric = Psi Monk PPU

The only other class i could think of would be a martial arts class. C'mon kk, give us Kung Fu!!!!

yeah thats exactly what i was thinking, a martial arts class, with throwing weps and shit, and that have sneak abilities only usable at night or something.

or a cyborg (robot) class

Nidhogg
11-02-04, 01:58

Cleric Cleric eh? Me wants gun kata! :)

N

Alpha-Omega
11-02-04, 02:04
What i would like (remember, WANT gets you nothing :)) is see mutli-class clothing.

I.E a GenTank in a suit, a PE in a trenchcoat, a Psi in a spray-on shirt or a fem spy wearing a bikini and shorts.

to be able to mix n match to hearts content.

Oh, that and visible weapons in holsters!!!!!1

I NEED a leg holster for my pistol spy!!!!

Bl@zed
11-02-04, 02:08
actually, one thing i qould like to see, besides a martial arts class, is different pa's, for guy and girl chars..i'm sure LOTS of people can agree with me on that one :p

sanityislost
11-02-04, 02:10
GAWD if there is a new class ma mellee pe (still a noob) is getting deleted right away lol

Bl@zed
11-02-04, 02:13
yeah, i will delete the apu monk SO FAST, if theres a new class, i;m so fucking tired of monks...:confused:

sanityislost
11-02-04, 02:16
na im keeping ma apu she is sexy

J. Folsom
11-02-04, 10:48
Originally posted by Spencer Leone

Pfff It's not going to be a required expansion either, so if for some odd reason you don't want to buy it you don't have to.

g0rt
11-02-04, 11:03
q1/2003

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

:lol:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

:lol: :lol:

Rimase
11-02-04, 13:31
Not too many powerarmors. Neocron is turning into PowerArmor-ocron already!! :rolleyes:

Mr_Snow
11-02-04, 13:37
Originally posted by Rimase
Not too many powerarmors. Neocron is turning into PowerArmor-ocron already!! :rolleyes:

Would that be a good reason to have a more varied amount of PAs or customisable PAs or what I would rather would be if all but tank PA was only shown as chest armour or in a monks case as his cloak.

xkorpio
11-02-04, 13:48
Oh, that and visible weapons in holsters!!!!!1

I NEED a leg holster for my pistol spy!!!!

Im with you, hip and shoulder holsters !!!

slaughteruall
11-02-04, 18:46
And dont forget rifles on slings. And being able to see a shotdun with a pistol grip or maybe a sawed off barrel.

Slaughter

Marx
11-02-04, 18:53
Cleric eh? Me wants gun kata! :)

N

http://dirtynuke.net/equilibrium.gif

http://dirtynuke.net/equilibrium2.gif

I second this!

8|

Ulle
11-02-04, 18:57
I think everyone grasps that BDoY will not be a free expansion anymore and the new release is set to Q2/2004. This means there is no use for this thread anymore as there are already discussions about what is in BDoY etc in other threads located

http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=89042
and
http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=89343

Thread Closed.