PDA

View Full Version : Parashock Suggestion. Not Sucking.

Benjie
10-02-04, 21:06
Quick post.

I have had a dream! (seriously, It was last night.)

In the dream I was a Tank. (even though my character is a Private Eye now.o_O)

I was at a suprisingly bleak outpost war. I think it was Me and a friend -vs- two Tanks and a PPU.

In the dream the PPU Parashocked me. Then the Two Tanks started blasting the hell out of me with a Cursed Soul.

-=I took no damage=-

One of the Tanks said "WTF?"

The ppu said "It's because of the latest patch. Whenever I cast parashock I freeze them completely but also make them invincible to damage. Reakktor want parashock to be used to temporarily put people out of the picture; but they don't want people killing parashocked Tanks.

[Don't ask why tanks, weird dream it was PPU + Tank o-cron and absolutely no other classes where in my dream for some reason.]

Then in my dream, the other tank said "Come on" and then started Blasting at my friend, who just stood still for some reason and died while I watched in horror. :eek:

Anyway my suggestion is to make it so when you cast parashock it not only freezes your opponent (trigger finger and all) but makes them invunrable to damage for the duration of the Para.

Dream-O-Cron.

*edit*
I should make it more apparent that I was frozen completely. I couldn't fire, walk, move, turn, or anything.

Techi
10-02-04, 21:13
if you're going to do that, it should keep them from pulling a weapon.

If you're a god for 35 seconds and can't move or be killed, why would anything stop you from taking both tanks out with your cs or dev?

You'd be a plasma turret MK5

Benjie
10-02-04, 21:15
Originally posted by Techi
if you're going to do that, it should keep them from pulling a weapon.

If you're a god for 35 seconds and can't move or be killed, why would anything stop you from taking both tanks out with your cs or dev?

You'd be a plasma turret MK5
Exactly.

You wouldn't be able to shoot, tyoe, do anything.

It would make it as if you didn't exsist for 35 seconds.

lullysing
10-02-04, 21:42
In that case, battles would become a simple "shock their PPUs before they shock ours" which is frankly, boring as hell.

I vote no.

=Chojin=
10-02-04, 21:46
no offence but thats a completely stupid idea, but as it came from a dream i guess i can let u live :p

sw1tch
this would be even more annoying as the current parashock, as you will be able to be healed while frozen, and remove the purpose of parashock, which is to stop people aming, and slow them down so they can be hit. With a ppu, he could shock you, heal you, antishock you, and riunce and repeat,, then could take down 2 times as many people as a ppu team could.

What needs to be done is either a drug or tl 3 spell (booster) that will stop you getting parashocked for a certain amount of time.

I went to defend an op by myself yesterday, sure i had no chance because it was 6v1, but the only reason i died was because i ran out of antishock fluid, as the 2 PPU's were constantly parashocking. I'm not saying the ppu's shouldnt have been, because i parashock on my ppu all the time, but after 10 mins, as soon as my 10 antishock drugs ran out, I was forced to give up, as parashocked i cant move (means I will be hit more) and sensitivity reduced significantly so i cant aim (stops me from doing any offensive damage) which is too much of a powerfull tool, aint holy heal shelters and lvl3 boosters enough? :(

Benjie
Originally posted by lullysing
In that case, battles would become a simple "shock their PPUs before they shock ours" which is frankly, boring as hell.

I vote no.

"You can't vote no. There is no poll." :lol:
http://www.originalicons.com/buddyicons/Anime.3/BubblegumCrisisTokyo2040-Nene.gif

Boring as hell? More boring than ParaGank?

Originally posted by sw1tch
as you will be able to be healed while frozen, :(
Good point! What if you can't be buffed/healed while parashocked?

TBH, this idea kicks ass. (yep) It just needs working more I guess.

=Chojin=
10-02-04, 21:48
Originally posted by Benjie

Boring as hell? More boring than ParaGank?

yes, at least with paragank u stand a slim slim slim slimslim slim slim slim slim slim chance
with this they could just para and wait while calling backup or whatever....... i spose u could log tho lol

TBH, this idea kicks ass. (yep) It just needs working more I guess.

u mean by more work..... a complete rethink and scrap of the current idea?
k
good :)

[TgR]KILLER
10-02-04, 22:04
lol log thats a good one :p... omg i got shocked.. " logs"

would be fun to see OP wars.. imagine.. a 20 vs 20 fight.. and in the end the team that gets the other teams PPU's shocked the fasted wins.. once shocked u just gotta time the next shock.. so they never could buff or heal their team.. :/

make PPU's invunrable to shocks ? then u would have only PPU's fighting i gues.. and the other guys watching it :p

Eledhbrant
10-02-04, 22:09
"okay we're hacking layer 1 now, parashock everyone exiting the UG and we'll finish the hack without them ever touching us."

Archeus
10-02-04, 22:12
Like there isn't people in this game who wouldn't happly sit there and para people non-stop for fun. :rolleyes:

10-02-04, 22:16
I should make it more apparent that I was frozen completely. I couldn't fire, walk, move, turn, or anything.

Nice idea if you like PPUs paraspamming you to annoy you and you not being able to do anything but log out or wait for buddies to kill the ppu.

Benjie
10-02-04, 22:38
Meh! It worked in my dream.

:angel:
:)

shodanjr_gr
10-02-04, 22:43
Clan Tank:"Shit heal me, heal me im dying"
PPU tries to heal
Clan Tank:"Heal didnt stick, fuck im almost dead"
PPU parashocks his clanmate tank
Clan Tank:"Phew im saved...."

Benjie
10-02-04, 22:45
Originally posted by shodanjr_gr
Clan Tank:"Shit heal me, heal me im dying"
PPU tries to heal
Clan Tank:"Heal didnt stick, fuck im almost dead"
PPU parashocks his clanmate tank
Clan Tank:"Phew im saved...."

Okay.

YOU DIDN'T SEE MY DREAM!

In my dream it was perfect. Neocron wasn't even a game it was R[e]A|_
8|

I've had mmorgp dreams before. They the best type of dream. Kinda weird, tells me I play them too much.

Archeus
10-02-04, 22:58
In the dream I was a Tank. (even though my character is a Private Eye now.o_O)

Clearly your dream is the game and your life is stuck in sync. (think about it).