PDA

View Full Version : OT_co-op games

{MD}GeistDamnit
10-02-04, 19:03
I am looking at new games to buy and I want to know if any of you know any good fps games with co-op play that I can LAN with my friends and family.

thanks in advance ;)

-=Bl@de=-
10-02-04, 19:08
serious sam series (always a good laugh)
Sven co-op (half life mod) kick ass mod :D

just 2 of my personal fav

{MD}GeistDamnit
10-02-04, 19:19
ah got them :P

I'm looking for something like nolf 2's co-op. or the co-op in half life for the ps2

-=Bl@de=-
10-02-04, 19:33
nolfs co op is really bad, i bought the game when it was 1st released so im not sure if they have changed it at all.

Omnituens
10-02-04, 19:49
Sven Co-Op is a good mod

though connecting to the internet and playing a CS while all being on the same team is fun/haxing :p

EDIT: System Shock 2 is lan compatible, but you have to split the items up, which is disapointing

there is a Warcraft 3 map as well which is really fun, you all control 1 hero each and you fight your way through a maze

Zanathos
10-02-04, 19:52
I could use a good co-op game right now.....

*cough* neocron *cough*

Siygess
10-02-04, 20:00
Well I'm a co-op game fan, so lets see what I've got on my shelf..

Well, Delta Force 1 and 2 are both co-op, as is Raven Shield. The new (ish) Judge Dredd game is co-op, and thats really quite a laugh. You and your team mate can quote "Ah am duh law" to your hearts content.. :D

AvP2 is also co-op if you download the mod, but last time checked it was a bit of a pain in the ass to get working. Of course, there's always Doom, Doom2, Quake and Quake 2.

Thats about it for FPS games, though

Alex The Great
10-02-04, 20:04
NeverWinter Nights is alot of fun coop Me Pete and Cracky played that for awile. Uhh the SAm games are good and thats all i can think of.

Crap you said FPS so ignore NWN I am an idiot.

{MD}GeistDamnit
10-02-04, 20:42
thanks a lot people, I'm gonna try out raven shield and that judge dredd game :) got all the others allready.

Dissenter
10-02-04, 23:23
Pretty much most of the ones mentioned so far are quite cool.

@ Omni - I'm gonna whoop yo at AvP2 :P

numb
11-02-04, 02:32
Besides what has been mentioned - the original unreal was pretty good co-op as long as you arent playing on some huge map or your friend is easily killed.

There are some absolutely stunning player made Unreal maps worth downloading and trying out in co-op.

Cytaur
11-02-04, 03:22
apocalyptica

Scikar
11-02-04, 03:27
U4e Gateway for UT.

nonamebrandeggs
11-02-04, 03:34
Freelancer is cool for co-op to the max.

iainy13
11-02-04, 07:39
duex ex 2 has a co-op mod for it somewhere. sven coop also released a modifacaton for half life so you can play that coop. and freelancer is one of the best games ever. lots of great mods and rly fun with your friends like noname said. also does halo for the pc have coop? i know it did for the x-box. meh.

Alex The Great
11-02-04, 07:47
hahaha i remember when we played freelancer Noname. Me and Pete made you cry and you left =(.

g0rt
11-02-04, 10:30
coop games are so fun. unfortunately they took that fun and turned it into talking to NPC's.

honestly...SINGLE PLAYER GAMES ALL SUCK SO MUCH THESE DAYS! i go to play the new wolfenstein a few years back, im SO excited/geared up, especially after playing it at e3 briefly, it comes out, i grab it, install it, go to play...i cant wait to simply START SHOOTING AND RUNNING TO THE END OF HTE LEVEL! and finding SECRETS! and getting new weapons!

what do i get? some stupid fucking npc that i gotta talk to for 15 minutes before i can even play. then i got some ghetto mission objective i gotta complete, and MORE npc's to talk to.

one word...BORING.

i really, really hate single player games these days. especially FPS....what happened to wolf3d, doom, quake...maybe a few lines of text at the start, and you start shooting, and u dont STOP SHOOTING until u reach the end of the game, then you get some credits and you win!

now that was fun.

fuck all these complicated story lines, billions of npcs to talk to all day, waiting, waiting, waiting and mission "objectives"....its all disposable crap and you cant play coop with this shit.

bring back the old days! :(

i swear, if doom3 is more of this "storyline" garbage im gonna be SERIOUSLY pissed. when i install doom3 i wanna start in some room with a chainsaw, and start running through doors killing people, and i wanna hit the end of hte level and see:

kills xx/xx
secrets xx/xx
items xx/xx

and i wana see coop!