PDA

View Full Version : Hey, How about Noobs start in their Faction HQs instead of MC5?

Duder
10-02-04, 18:43
I just got an idea, and its wonderous.

Noobs start in their Faction HQ. I mean why havnt KK thought of the idea of making Noobs start at their chosen Faction HQs?

Not only do the noobs directly start in their home turf, they get to meet people right from the beginning, and get help or advice from the old people.

shodanjr_gr
10-02-04, 18:45
It will rock when BDOY comes since faction HQs will be the only safe zones and people will gather there to tradeskill and shit...

/me likes and rates 5*

ezza
10-02-04, 18:46
maybe but thats basically like them starting in there apartment really except they dont know where ther apartment is this way, and how often are people in the faction HQ's anyway

Duder
10-02-04, 18:47
Originally posted by ezza
maybe but thats basically like them starting in there apartment really except they dont know where ther apartment is this way, and how often are people in the faction HQ's anyway

If the Faction HQs are the only Safezones there might be a change in where people do their tradeskilling....you know, as in the faction HQs?

ezza
10-02-04, 18:52
Originally posted by Duder
If the Faction HQs are the only Safezones there might be a change in where people do their tradeskilling....you know, as in the faction HQs? yes but your talking a long way ahead.

what about the smaller factions, like say DRE who dont have any runners of note.

people could do trade inside there HQs atm with all those guards guarding the place, but they dont.

im sure they will relocate at somepoint to the faction HQs, but meh i dunno.

im not against the idea, just wether its gonna work

Strych9
10-02-04, 19:00
Faction HQs wont be the only safezones... have you all forgot what has been said about bars and pubs being safezones?

naimex
10-02-04, 19:31
Personally I think everyone should start as CA in MC5 since itīs a CA brainwashing facility.

Itīs part of story line.. I donīt really see a point in CA brainwashing people to follow DoY..

(and this is coming from a Fallen Angel thatīs going to DoY.)

aKe`cj
10-02-04, 19:46
Originally posted by ReaKKtor
The introduction of newcomers to the game will be completely redesigned. After creating a character, you will be taken through a (skippable) tutorial. The tutorial explains all of the game's important functions and introduces you to the world of Neocron. At the end of the tutorial, the character is taken prisoner by Copbots and, after being brainwashed, wakes up in Area MC5.

I'd say it does not make much sense to discuss this topic right now. The planfile suggests, that the "introduction of newcomers" will be changed anyways. To me it sounds like something similar the offline demo/tutorial, with a story. However this feature will look in detail, the players won't start in the FHQ's. They are meant to start in a fairly secure environment (mc5 = all low level LE users) with some of the game elements shown, they'll be able to buy/use later on (e.g. vehicles)
But as I said....KK has been redesigning the char-start and it is quite senseless to discuss these things now. The plans are already out there and probably designed already.

shodanjr_gr
10-02-04, 21:39
Well if everyone started as CA that would be ok for meh. And thru a proper storyline people would get to know DoY and get the possibilty to change to anti-city faction.