PDA

View Full Version : would u get banned....

nobby
10-02-04, 16:16
i just wondered, if i was ripped off by someone doing this, if i report them, will they get banned?

ezza
10-02-04, 16:19
not unless they exploited to rip you off, then you would need shots to show they exlopited, if someone rips you off in game its just part of the game good or bad.

nobby
10-02-04, 16:23
so i could write in the forum that i wanted to do a cross-server trade of 5 million credits, lie, then get away with it?

dont think so

ezza
10-02-04, 16:43
of course you can.

they cant enforce the trades, sounds to me like someones planning on ripping people off.

ive seen lots of in game scams and people stealing items of other people, it happens all time

GT_Rince
10-02-04, 16:59
I would only do this with peeps i know and trust. Last cross-server trade I did was with Fenix 'cos I know I can trust him.

nobby
10-02-04, 22:04
i was the thief of neocron, i stole off everyone, only because i was kicked out of the clan which i loved, i was pissed off, so i turned bad...

ezza
10-02-04, 22:39
[edited for violation of the forum rules]

extract
11-02-04, 07:40
there was an idea of a "trust" clan/person who would handle the transfers between both parties.......

although I have never had any problems, and Ive cross server traded MC5s with people I had never even met, I guess some people just have a soul............

nobby
13-02-04, 13:32
ok

Q`alooaith
13-02-04, 14:04
If your trading cross server, make sure you see they have what they say they have first..

hajoan
18-02-04, 08:45
trust fondation (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=86841)
And er... is that the right forum? Sure?

Vincent Starck
18-02-04, 14:36
Originally posted by extract
there was an idea of a "trust" clan/person who would handle the transfers between both parties....
I played the "trust" person a few times and I will if you ask me. But you know, the City Mercs don't work for free.

J. Folsom
18-02-04, 14:37
Originally posted by Vincent Starck
I played the "trust" person a few times and I will if you ask me. But you know, the City Mercs don't work for free. Do we have to officially hire you for that, or is that a free Merc service? :p

Original monk
18-02-04, 14:47
i only had good experiences with crosservertrades so far :)

as for being an ingame thief: thats petetic and mostly some counterstrike kiddies that dont even know how to earn money for themselves ...

2 bad i hate thieves so much cause i know of myself that i would be a masterfraud :P .. but i seen my mate being ripped of and it aint a nice thing ... he almost quitted: and i still know who did it altough the person who did it doesnt know i know it is him :)

but you get away with it yeah: stealing isnt illegal in neocron, only petetic ... and dont say " but im a roleplaythieve ... " cause stealing mc5's, epicstuff, meoney etc isnt exactly roleplaythieving ...

Gohei
18-02-04, 14:53
Yeah ingame thieves are asses and shuould get a ban, same goes for exploiters. Tho i see it happend every day with no one doing anything about it. While you can be an ass against mods out of NC and get a permaban. Doesnt make sence to me, but what do i know...

Jusst a little OT but eh...

Agent L
18-02-04, 15:21
Gohei:
Nah, I see nothing wrong with it.
If one PK a repper and few days after gives him to rep the very dev that was the tool of murder - steal is best thing could happen. Next time remember who you kill, or remember who to kill not.
Neocron is a player-to-player game, if you don't know who is who - you're not good at playing it.

Callash
18-02-04, 15:25
Originally posted by Gohei
ingame

Originally posted by Gohei
out of NC
That's the difference right there. Besides, Mods are officials, nothing wrong with playing a Thief with the means the game offers you, just as long as you do not use OOC means to deceive.

Original monk
18-02-04, 15:25
Originally posted by Agent L
Neocron is a player-to-player game, if you don't know who is who - you're not good at playing it.

hehe, amen

youre memory is youre best weapon in neocron :)

Gohei
18-02-04, 16:07
Still dont think you can be punished in game for something you did OOC, unless you used Neocron or a neocron PM as some sort of forum to deliver it. I'd call that abuse of power, if you ask me.

And the"PK me and i steal your things on my tradeskill char" is among the biggest load of crap i've ever heard. If your going to steal from ppl, do it properly and make yourself a hacker and go for their quickbelts. You are the sort of ppl that gives real tradeskillers a bad reputation.

And it doesnt allways have to be out of revenge some ppl steal from each other. It could be a desire for that item, what do i know...

Eledhbrant
18-02-04, 17:15
I've been the trust person on a Saturn-only trade, it was two MC5 Addtech parts as we all know you cant actually read what these are in the trade window (WHY?) It was between a CA and a BD who both knew me so it went ok and they both finished their herc/ds :)

cRazy2003
18-02-04, 18:02
Originally posted by nobby
i was the thief of neocron, i stole off everyone, only because i was kicked out of the clan which i loved, i was pissed off, so i turned bad...

o ya i remember u,
remind me next time i see u to kick u to hell