PDA

View Full Version : [OT]Whats the biggest cheating you've ever done in school?

Shujin
10-02-04, 07:40
In high school in my compter networkin class my entire class cheated all the time...

I passed Cisco Networking 1-4 basicly just from cheating (I still picked up a few things, but most of it i've forgotten)

Cisco actually used the same online tests for everyone just randomized the questions. So of course you know somewhere online there would be answers to these tests. And there were, every single one of them ;P.
the only ones we actually had to study for were the final / mid term exams.

and how did we deal with those? easy. he let us listen to music while we took the test.. well i had a idea, and yes it was a great idea of mine personally.

i made a little study guide and seperated it into sections basicly like an outline. i then got a program that reads text and says it in audio ( u prolly know what im talkin about ). anyway i then recorded it, and put it on a cd. and put every other track a real song just incase he got smart and decided to check what we were listenin to ;].

thats the biggest ive ever cheated...
my entire class ( about 7 people ) all did this ;P ..
*sigh i loved that class and miss it so much
setting up little starcraft and cs lan parties in class. and actually making a A doing it.

(what made me think of this?, my friend on msn messaged me saying he found one of our cheat sheets still hosted on his site and we just started laffin our asses off ;D)

sparrowtm
10-02-04, 07:42
Back in 5th grade, I took my school report - cut out some numbers from a newspaper - placed them over my original grades and copied the thing.

Voila, from a D- student to a B+ student. :D No one ever noticed ...

Kr3Yc3K
10-02-04, 07:47
i never cheated in school

if you do shit and dont learn and dont know a thing, then at least stand your ground, thats what i used to do anyway...

Shujin
10-02-04, 07:48
haha, reminded me.
i had to do a report for history class one year, i did it and got a B on it.
then the next year i had to do one in government class, turned in the EXACT same thing from last year and got a A ;D

Psychoninja
10-02-04, 08:04
Besides turning in the same assigments in different years?

Used text messages alot. Pretty easy. All you put down is a # and then you get a letter back :p
Gotta love cell phones

That or I save notes on my phone and I just place the phone between my legs and pretend I'm looking at the paper ;)

Oh yeah, and once I had this biology teacher who used to make us do weekly assigments straight out of our books. Alot were essay quetions etc...Found some other biology teachers website, copied the essay answers, and reworded them. The biology teacher with the site was using the same book as us, and put up all the answers.

i r leet h4x0r

Twitch
10-02-04, 08:17
Originally posted by Shujin
In high school in my compter networkin class my entire class cheated all the time...

I passed Cisco Networking 1-4 basicly just from cheating (I still picked up a few things, but most of it i've forgotten)

Cisco actually used the same online tests for everyone just randomized the questions. So of course you know somewhere online there would be answers to these tests. And there were, every single one of them ;P.
the only ones we actually had to study for were the final / mid term exams.

and how did we deal with those? easy. he let us listen to music while we took the test.. well i had a idea, and yes it was a great idea of mine personally.

i made a little study guide and seperated it into sections basicly like an outline. i then got a program that reads text and says it in audio ( u prolly know what im talkin about ). anyway i then recorded it, and put it on a cd. and put every other track a real song just incase he got smart and decided to check what we were listenin to ;].

thats the biggest ive ever cheated...
my entire class ( about 7 people ) all did this ;P ..
*sigh i loved that class and miss it so much
setting up little starcraft and cs lan parties in class. and actually making a A doing it.

(what made me think of this?, my friend on msn messaged me saying he found one of our cheat sheets still hosted on his site and we just started laffin our asses off ;D)

hahahaha that sounds win, i had cisco 1-4 at my high school as well. semesters 1-2 we would look at each other's screens or load a web browser with the curriculum loaded but by semester 3 our instructor made us sit at every 2nd computer and would stand at the back of the class watching our screens. that was such a fun class, all of us kids in grade 12 got to take the class for free while the adults who couldn't afford to take it at an actual tech college would still pay a pretty decent amount of money.

now im getting way off base but that class gave me a clear perspective as to why certs have lost their oomph after y2k. too many single moms that dropped out of highschool and think that it's the golden egg for them to support their family on.

Shujin
10-02-04, 08:31
my teacher was kewl tho, he was basicly a pothead rastifarian guy ;P

all day jus sat back in class listenin to ragae.

he wasnt like that with any class cept us tho

we even watched movies in class, we watched spiderman, lotr ( the first 2 ), matrix ( first 2 ), and all the monty python movies ;D

he was so kewl ;P he let us come in whenever we wanted, and it was the first or last period of the day.

so u could come in late or leave early ;P
if i had it in first period i'd come in about 9:30, school starts at 8, if we had it at the last period, most of us would leave at about 2:30, get out at 3, usually didnt tho bcuz we played starcraft non stop ;P

zerg rush ;OOOO

and we brought food to class everyday ;P we even took orders in class, we were like ;O WHO WANTS SOMETHIN FROM MCDONALDS, HAND UR MONEY AND ORDER TO WILL, so we all gave him 1$ for mcdonalds suasage buscuit. ;D

the last week of school the teacher bought a assload of crusantwhichs and hashbrowns for us ;D

Cytaur
10-02-04, 08:34
in like 8th grade i used to write down some stuff quick on my desk top then quickly erase it or write on my eraser and then get rid of evidence :) Also in 10th grade for my math I stored notes in TI-83+ calc

oh yeah and I wrote quick programs during the test to help me calculate more efficiently :)

Bl@zed
10-02-04, 08:36
turned in the same history final in from last year, in this last semester for a different professor.
then turned in every graphic art assignment i did in high school for my college graphic professor, and got an A, didnt do one fucking thing in that class :D

Shujin
10-02-04, 08:38
Originally posted by Bl@zed
turned in the same history final in from last year, in this last semester for a different professor.
then turned in every graphic art assignment i did in high school for my college graphic professor, and got an A, didnt do one fucking thing in that class :D ;P theres no way in hell im gonna cheat in college.

Bl@zed
10-02-04, 08:40
Originally posted by Shujin
;P theres no way in hell im gonna cheat in college.

well, the graphics course was some basic photoshop shit, that i had to take, for a prerequesit for my major. The course was structured exactly around my hs course...used the same book and everything, so i didnt see the harm, and besides, wasnt like it was plagarism or stealing work :p

[TgR]KILLER
10-02-04, 08:55
Last week we all needed to make tests.. u would make them @ college on internet etc.. stupid teacher would just open all tests an hour before we realy had them ( he had to open them for us to be aible to take them on internet )

of course with him opening em all before we even got out of bed. we just logged in @ the site @ home and made all tests :p with alt/tabing to the online "book" so we all had a fat 90+% for all tests

but the next day a smart teacher came who din't open tests before he saw u @ college so it din't work no more :(

Shujin
10-02-04, 08:59
Originally posted by [TgR]KILLER
Last week we all needed to make tests.. u would make them @ college on internet etc.. stupid teacher would just open all tests an hour before we realy had them ( he had to open them for us to be aible to take them on internet )

of course with him opening em all before we even got out of bed. we just logged in @ the site @ home and made all tests :p with alt/tabing to the online "book" so we all had a fat 90+% for all tests

but the next day a smart teacher came who din't open tests before he saw u @ college so it din't work no more :( yea on test days in my cisco class, he would activate our tests even if we were absent, so if u stay home on test days, u have open book test ;P didnt really matter tho we already had all the answers IN class ;P

Archeus
10-02-04, 09:08
Never cheated.

I forgot to do my homework for English class one time (had to write an essay). The teacher told me to read it out, so I stood up and just played it by ear. About 2 minutes into it I think she copped on as she asked me to read the previous paragraph again and I couldn't remember what I had just said.

So she tells me to go to my princible and tell him what I did. I left the class and just went home for lunch instead. The following day she asked me did I go, I said yes and that he gave me detention. She didn't even go check up to see if it was true or not. :lol:

Probably the worst cheating I saw was a maths exam. I'm pretty good at maths and had finished the exam with about 20 minutes to spare. The teacher watching the exam is an Irish teacher (Good at Irish, not much else). So someone goes 'Sir I don't understand this question can you have a look?'. He replys 'If anyone has a problem with a question take out your book and look at it'. At this point everyone gets thier maths books out and starts copying the answers.

Everyone except myself and two others got all the questions right. So the teacher copped on and failed everyone who got 100%

Psychoninja
10-02-04, 09:10
lol
I'm takinga a A+ cert course in highschool right now for free like twitch. Except it's A+ (der?) We hardly do anything in that class, we're just messing around half the time smearing vaseline on the doorknobs letting the freshmen open the door, throwing stuff at each other, starting fire's with power supplies, and spray on deoderant, blowing out the fuses in the fuse box, and changing the resistors on freshmens circuit boards when they're not looking. You'd be suprised how long it takes them to notice 2 resistors were switched :p

Teacher doesn't do anything about it. He even sits back and laughs with us when he see's a freshmen try to turn the doorknob with vaseline on it. o_O

:angel:

Twitch
10-02-04, 10:01
A+ is kinda lame imo, i mean if you're pretty new to computers it helps i guess but it's just basically a pre-req to employers before you get into specializing certs, if you actually know what you're doing and dont feel like sitting through a course or whatever just go www.passitnow.com

they have answers for A+, cisco, microsoft etc, all freeeeeee

Psychoninja
10-02-04, 10:20
I'm taking it in highschool so I could get a job easier after I graduate. Then I can take sisco or C++ while I'm in college =D

Thanks for the link

Psyco Groupie
10-02-04, 10:32
hmmm not really cheated badly before, although for my german gcse writing we basically had to right out something we had learned, alot of people just took it in on a samll bit of paper and put it in the middle page of thier dictionary .. heh

GT_Rince
10-02-04, 14:49
Few years back (quite a few!) I was taking my ONC in Microelectronic Engineering. In the exam we were allowed to use calculators. I had one of these little hand-held computers that were pretty new. No-one there knew it had like a memo function and I had stored all the forumulas I needed in it - strange how I passed that with an A :D

But that was about it for me - never cheated on anything before or since :)

Strych9
10-02-04, 15:10
Originally posted by GT_Rince
Few years back (quite a few!) I was taking my ONC in Microelectronic Engineering. In the exam we were allowed to use calculators. I had one of these little hand-held computers that were pretty new. No-one there knew it had like a memo function and I had stored all the forumulas I needed in it - strange how I passed that with an A :DI always thought it was lame that you had to memorize formulas... in that in the real world, you have tons of resources at your disposal.

Thats why I enjoyed all of my fourth year math classes at college (Partial Differential Equations, Mathematical Modelling, etc.). By that point the professors themselves are so abstract and scatterbrained, they can seldom even get basic addition correct when working out problems. So they always let us have whatever sort of formula sheet we wanted, and they never based their grade on the answer... because when there is 20 steps involved, any one mis-addition or subtraction would throw off the answer. So they graded just on methodology- if you knew how to solve the problem.

Good times.

And I never cheated in school. :)

GT_Rince
10-02-04, 15:18
Originally posted by Strych9
I always thought it was lame that you had to memorize formulas... in that in the real world, you have tons of resources at your disposal.

Thats why I enjoyed all of my fourth year math classes at college (Partial Differential Equations, Mathematical Modelling, etc.). By that point the professors themselves are so abstract and scatterbrained, they can seldom even get basic addition correct when working out problems. So they always let us have whatever sort of formula sheet we wanted, and they never based their grade on the answer... because when there is 20 steps involved, any one mis-addition or subtraction would throw off the answer. So they graded just on methodology- if you knew how to solve the problem.

Good times.

And I never cheated in school. :)

My 3rd year got like that - you were allowed to use any means to record / remember. Anyways, designing electrical circuits, you can't really cheat.

Edit for Strych9.....

Pluto > Saturn

;)

Sorry - couldn't resist :D

Strych9
10-02-04, 15:30
Originally posted by GT_Rince
Edit for Strych9.....

Pluto > Saturn

;)

Sorry - I lied. Saturn pwns... :D No problem man. Glad you have seen the light!

;)

Original monk
10-02-04, 15:44
school ? biggest cheat ?

didnt had good grades altough i was a good student, my mate didnt had good grades also ... but weird stuff was going on at the school ... teachers wherent that honest ya see ... and the director/principal was corrupted to shit: so we sued em ... thats 2 lawsuits ... other students followed: 4 lawsuits, then half of the teachersdepartment (about 20 people) who where fed up with the dictatorship of our principal followed and also sued em ...

thats hell of alot of sueing ... they found out he cheated with the money of the school to build a house for emself next to the school ... result was that me and my mate passed school witouth any problems and that the principal is fired and never gonna be principal again... + the fact that the teachers that where "friends" with the principal still have a very hard time in there :)

cheating ? i dunno , but it aint exactly pretty honest also ... not that im proud of it, it seems that i always end up in some dirty corrupted shithole lol, luckely i have a nice job now with good coleagues who all accept me as who i am :)

cheating like making small papers to look at during exams is sumthing i never did, the time you put in to make that small paper is enough to learn youre whole exam by head ... littlebit pointless :)

GT_Rince
10-02-04, 15:47
Originally posted by Strych9
Fuck Rince - you're RIGHT!!! Saturn blows hairy dogs cocks :eek:

I'll talk to Ezza soon and we will get onto the cool server called Pluto sharpish - sorry for ever doubting you - I love u man!

That is quite alright - glad you recognise where your destiny lies :D

Clownst0pper
10-02-04, 15:51
During my GCSE German exam my german teacher who I had known and been the member of for about 4 years helped me all the way through the exam, it was only my speach exam which brought my grade down :rolleyes:

Rade
10-02-04, 17:53
I dont think I ever cheated.. I just didnt go to the classes I didnt
like/didnt feel like I needed, and now that Im studying game
design at a university its all either really fun or interesting or its
stuff that I feel I need...

Garm
10-02-04, 22:13
I had my girlfriend in highschool sit right in front of me in class. Lucky I was really tall and she was shorter, so I would look over her shoulder and copy from her. As it would turn out, she was valedictorian of our class and I was..well..in the lowest group in our class :P

Now she is my wife btw. 4 happy years :)

--Garm

joran420
10-02-04, 22:15
I plaguerized the entire first chapter of "Dragon Tears" by dean koontz in H.s> english(got an A+ on the short story) and my teacher submitted it to the school newspaper to run...no one caught me

Boozbazz
10-02-04, 22:23
im taking engineering design and drafting technology at my community college right now and we all have to use laptops for this class = we all have laptops during tests = we all can swap answers all we want. and like just 3 minutes ago i got a classmate to send me a script file for an autocad assignment due in 30 minutes hehe.

shodanjr_gr
10-02-04, 22:55
Well hmmmm.... evil cheating....

English class, we were writting an exam (lower certificate level english, piece of cake shit for a proficiency guy like meh :P). Half the class couldnt cope with it so they gave me their papers and i solved their exams for em...

Somehow half the class got A+ on that one...

Another time we had to give in a paper in art class.

1 person did the paper. The rest copied the file and just changed the cover image. Needless to say that the teacher didnt realize shit...

Shujin
10-02-04, 23:09
Originally posted by Psychoninja
lol
I'm takinga a A+ cert course in highschool right now for free like twitch. Except it's A+ (der?) We hardly do anything in that class, we're just messing around half the time smearing vaseline on the doorknobs letting the freshmen open the door, throwing stuff at each other, starting fire's with power supplies, and spray on deoderant, blowing out the fuses in the fuse box, and changing the resistors on freshmens circuit boards when they're not looking. You'd be suprised how long it takes them to notice 2 resistors were switched :p

Teacher doesn't do anything about it. He even sits back and laughs with us when he see's a freshmen try to turn the doorknob with vaseline on it. o_O

:angel: yea in our cisco class there was a freshman class that came in after us if we had it first period. so we always turned the monitors upside down and put the chars on top of the comps.

fizloki
10-02-04, 23:15
in high school, I asked to see my bio teachers grade book to check what assignments I was missing.

Turns out I was missing about 5-6, so I filled in the blank area with B+'s when she wasn't looking. Raised my grade to an overall A :)

Shujin
10-02-04, 23:23
Originally posted by fizloki
in high school, I asked to see my bio teachers grade book to check what assignments I was missing.

Turns out I was missing about 5-6, so I filled in the blank area with B+'s when she wasn't looking. Raised my grade to an overall A :) haha reminds me of somethin else i did ;D

in one of my math classes in hs we had a fuckin retarded ass teacher, seriously she was a dumbass... she eventually got fired(theres no way she had real teaching degree's... god she was a idiot...).. anyway she would have the dumbest fuckin grade scale u have ever seen, and it didnt even add up to 100, it was like Tests: 60%, Homework: 10%, Classwork: 10%.... THATS ONLY 80%!
(btw if u werent nice to her u failed, not even kidding if she didnt like u, she'd fail you. purposely give u failing test grades and everything and u try to correct her you got in trouble)

anyway.... she'd usually pick 2 people in the class to like. those 2 people she gave all good grades to and let them put grades in the grade book. well.. dur ;P i was one of them so i put 100's for me and all my friends ;P every single assignment. so needless to say at least we passed with A's ;D

btw more on her: one of my friends corrected her while she was at the board writing notes, she spelt Algebra AND Geometry wrong dont ask me how. and he told her she spelt them wrong. she sent him to the principles office and told the principle he cussed her out and made up all this bullshit about him.

neophotographer
11-02-04, 00:40
ah turning in papers from one class into another...

Gotta love research papers. if you do them correctly they take a few days sometimes.....days better spent playing video games or doing more things enjoyable than sitting in front of a book, writing down notes about it, twidling with my hair while I get bored to death.....I've found out though that they're quite a lot of fun...once you have one research paper done you can turn it into other teachers as well! :p
age old trick and I'm willing to bet someone's already mentioned it, but thought it'd be worth mentioning again. :lol: oh...and then there's my wonderful "personalizing" of someone else's paper from a year ahead of me. *giggles* same exact teacher, same exact class, I borrowed his file, changed it so it sounded more like me......and volla. :) new paper for the teacher in under 30 minutes where the whole thing woulda taken days. *sighs* ah the college years.

___T-X____
11-02-04, 02:02
The biggest one I have is what I said I did at School.

Ive given myself all 'A' & 'B' Grade GCSE's
(i only got 2 above C in reality)

A HND in Business (Merit level)
(i never did the course)

I converted my Blagged HND to a Degree giving me a BSc.Hons in Business specialising in Human Resources...

I never did any of this.

But my CV says I did, and it got me my latest job ^^

Just goes to prove what a load of bullshit high-end education really counts for in the common work-place