PDA

View Full Version : NeoCron -The Demo

naimex
10-02-04, 07:08
Ok, I finally got the official neocron demo to work.. i completed it..

and now I am left with 1 question..

Why did you rename, remove, change.. Everything that was in the demo ?

I mean seriously... buildins that can be destroyed, barriers that can be build.. specific parts and names to be used in every item..

Quality based ammo, destroyed city..

Hell, you could even īlock up OPs, and make the walls breakable, and then it would cost an amount to rebuild the OP.. not to mention require blocks, bricks, needing research first, and then construction, and then construction to be set up..

I mean.. DAMN.

now THAT is post apocalyptic.

* Oh and that character you play ? what class is he ?? he got like the uber stats..

ZoneVortex
10-02-04, 07:10
hahah that demo is teh cool

Zanathos
10-02-04, 07:13
of course buggy as hell.

wish there were more voices in this game.

im sure its not hard to add some voices into the NPC shoppers.

I tried to play the demo twice 2 months ago, crashed both times half way through, stopped trying to finish it again.

but yeah, the demo kicked ass.

if only the game was more like that.

btw, i HAVE played through the whole demo before.... its what got me playin the game in the first place.

naimex
10-02-04, 07:14
Originally posted by Zanathos
of course buggy as hell.

im sure its not hard to add some voices into the NPC shoppers.

I tried to play the demo twice 2 months ago, crashed both times half way through, stopped trying to finish it again.

but yeah, the demo kicked ass.

if only the game was more like that.

btw, i HAVE played through the whole demo before.... its what got me playin the game in the first place.

^^ one day my brother just brought the game home with him.. i said yea sure.. w0teva.. and kept playing my diablo 2 barbarian..

about 1 month later, i started playing. and havenīt stopped since.

Shujin
10-02-04, 07:17
i played the demo long ass time ago ;] where is the url i wanna dl it again

Vampire222
10-02-04, 08:05
demo's pre beta 4... so its nostalgic as hell

naimex
10-02-04, 09:59
Originally posted by Shujin
i played the demo long ass time ago ;] where is the url i wanna dl it again

on the neocron website...linking you to fileplanet..

garyu69
10-02-04, 11:54
was this the demo where you are a CA runner and you have to help in the fightback of TG attack?

If it is then i got my friend to play this over the weekend because he has never played Neocron before. He got halfway through and had a FRE o_O

He asked what it meant and i was like.... "uh...... i dunno...."

:o

naimex
10-02-04, 13:18
Originally posted by garyu69
was this the demo where you are a CA runner and you have to help in the fightback of TG attack?

If it is then i got my friend to play this over the weekend because he has never played Neocron before. He got halfway through and had a FRE o_O

He asked what it meant and i was like.... "uh...... i dunno...."

:o

lol.. ive never had a game run as smooth as that demo did.. :/

i mean that uzi... it was like emptying a clip in half a second..

garyu69
10-02-04, 13:25
Try jumping off the top of the building into the plaza 1.

You die o_O

And drop your uzi o_O

It was weird!!!!

numb
10-02-04, 13:40
Originally posted by Zanathos

Are there any other voices other than copbots ingame? I cant remember ever finding any - but I could swear I read a review that mentioned there was some.

El_MUERkO
10-02-04, 13:45
I remember the offline demo was linked on the old webby but I never thought to click it. Now I wanna play :(

garyu69
10-02-04, 14:06
For all you lazy people who can't be arsed to find the link ;)

Click here for Demo (http://www.fileplanet.com/files/110000/110059.shtml)

LTA
10-02-04, 14:18
The start of the demo where the women voice over speaks as you wake up should be in the mc5 intro
New players should be given a nice intro like that, even ffxi manages cutscenes in live play so it can't be that hard....

ZoneVortex
10-02-04, 16:54
Originally posted by LTA
The start of the demo where the women voice over speaks as you wake up should be in the mc5 intro
New players should be given a nice intro like that, even ffxi manages cutscenes in live play so it can't be that hard....

yeah that'd be great

numb
10-02-04, 17:43
Originally posted by ZoneVortex
yeah that'd be great

Yeah, they added something similar to the start of Anarchy Online - it was very impressive (and quite immersive), a great way to start the game - a load of speech until you reach the planet.

Bring on the KoToR style MMORPGs! Speech synthesis must sooner or later advance far enough for this to be reasonably realistic without the need for hiring a voice actor when an NPCs dialect is changed.

Benjie
10-02-04, 17:49
Originally posted by numb
Speech synthesis
Not that hard to do.

You know all those programs where you type in something and the computer says it in a dodgy electronic voice?

If an MMORPG company worked on that a little more, and made it scaleable for a customisable voice option at Character Creation, they could implament this on online games that require only 56k modems and still not increase lag whatsoever.

Then you could remove the obligatory 'nametag' above avatars heads, and force each individual to appear different using genetic character creation rather than Godly character creation. Then if you wanted to know somebodys name you could just ask them, then recognaise them by there face and voice.

And then!!......... SEX! (omg) And then voila, you got the matrix. tum te tum.