PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid is making my head hurt.

Clownst0pper
09-02-04, 17:54
Its a little hard without a resist skill manager-

So im litterally stabbing in the dark with a hybrid setup.

Got me a DS/Psi Core/ EXP psi controller 2 + 3.

Now, how much MST should I be going for, How much Base PPU + APU?

I know hybrids arent ever going to be insanely powerful, but Im still in need of knowing :)

and if anyone has a resist skill manager link please PM me asap

Kugero
09-02-04, 18:00
3 dub dot neocronnetwork dot de

click on 'tool' towards the lower left corner

hope that helps.

El_MUERkO
09-02-04, 18:01
I was looking for something similar.

Its not bang up to date with PA's and chips but you could edit the general.ini.

http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=90353

Clownst0pper
09-02-04, 18:05
Tried it, it wont let me install it says...

"class not registered.

You need the following file to be installed on your machine. MSSTDFMT.DLL."

*shrugs*

SynC_187
09-02-04, 18:22
Originally posted by Clownst0pper
Tried it, it wont let me install it says...

"class not registered.

You need the following file to be installed on your machine. MSSTDFMT.DLL."

*shrugs*

Click Start -> Run
Type "regsvr msstdfmt.dll"
Click OK

Now try again

EDIT: I did a forum search for "skillmanager".
Tried 3 different installs before I found the version I wanted.

Kugero
09-02-04, 18:30
anybody know which version is the one that shows final resist percentages in the lower right? I've tried a couple different links but none give me the version (the one Judge posted a screen shot used in the thread from yesterday on PE setups) ...

Or is it a custom?

Clownst0pper
09-02-04, 18:39
Click Start -> Run
Type "regsvr msstdfmt.dll"

Still doesnt work :(

Omnituens
09-02-04, 19:15
i hate that one anyway

you need res higher than 800x600 in order for it to work.

Spoon
09-02-04, 19:15
http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?msstdfmt

Copy the MSSTDFMT.DLL to c:\windows\system
and go to a cmd prompt and enter the following:

regsvr32.exe C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSSTDFMT.DLL

Psyco Groupie
09-02-04, 19:21
OK FORUM SEARCH SMOKER'S SKILLMANAGER LINK IS HERE:

http://home.pages.at/smoker/skillmanager-2003-11-03.exe

hope it sees the keyworlds now :/

Original monk
09-02-04, 19:23
124 ppu -> holy def/blessed shelter etc
120 apu -> holy energy halo
66 mst -> holy def

rest ppw

est voila :)

Chaplin
09-02-04, 19:28
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
OK FORUM SEARCH SMOKER'S SKILLMANAGER LINK IS HERE:

http://home.pages.at/smoker/skillmanager-2003-11-03.exe

hope it sees the keyworlds now :/

^^ this is what you're looking for..
best one.http://neocron.jafc.de/images/icons/icon14.gif

Sigma
09-02-04, 19:57
OMFG NEFR TEH HYBRIDS!!!111one

LIEK LAST TIME IN PP ONE HIT ME WTIH 12 TOXIC HALOS AND 7 FIRE HALOS DBOOSTDE ME AND I TOOK 100 DMG!!!!!!!!!!11111one!!1one

NERF
NERF
NERF

if u r able to find sarcasm in this post, keep it :p

Psyco Groupie
09-02-04, 20:01
hybrids with holy defense are a joke :D

]v[ortice
09-02-04, 20:04
If you post about your hybrid setups on here.. KK will read it and further nerf the hybrids.

Make a cool character and keep schtum.

That's what I'm doing :)

you ain't seen me roight!!! *taps nose*

Netphreak
09-02-04, 21:09
My Adive is dont try holy or even blessed buffs now its not worth it!

Use DS, PSI Core, Exp PSI con 3 and Protopharm Resistor Chip

PPU 75
APU 140
MST 77
PPW 100

I'm not completely sure what the MST requirements for the spells are so you might have to change it.
And get yoruself some 5 slot Blessed Deflector's and Shelter's made.
You'll be supprised how tuff you can be with that setup although its not as good as the old Blessed Shelter and Holy Deflector that most hybrids were used to.

J. Folsom
09-02-04, 21:13
Bah, you hybrid monks need to learn that a bonus to APU and a negative to PPU is winner if you want more then 100 APU but not nearly as much PPU!

Cruzbroker
09-02-04, 21:15
heheh, the defl/shelt feels like doing nothing before they are capped..

Original monk
09-02-04, 23:15
still its nice to have blessed heal ... heals like crazy .. ok not the same as before but still ... it needs 120 ppu and 59 mst but for a few mst and ppu more ya can have a holy deflector wich is still nice :) + blessed heal sanctum + DB (&sanctum) + antidote 1 + ability to rezzurect + blessed shelter and a nice runspeed with the melleeboost2

add with this a holy energy halo (120 apu) :) (ya can use regular fire halo also if ya spec some more apu ffcourse but then ya have no ppw at all nomore :/ ) and ya have yourself a fun hybrid who can survive in most regular situations: use xp2-xp3-ds-psicore. and a good consetup ffcourse + use full holy spirit and a nice heavy belt like fire or sumthing. You can get xray and poison extra from a hazboost EDIT: and filter 1

the holy energyhalo doesnt gonna do MEGAdamage; you arent gonna be invinsible, you arent a unkillable Lean Mean Fightingmachine and you aint gonna be L337, most people will say: yack a dirty hybrid :p but it will sure be fun to play and toy around with, so youre still alittlebit viable but still nerfed to hell and back so ya better watch youre steps: but if you wonna save for a ds and a psicore and you happen to be capped then it sure if fun cause ya can come wherever ya want to support fe. leveling out in a cave + you can participate in pvp as a offensive ppu/lowlevel apu unit :) by this i mean ya can freezehalo youre opponents and Db em, while you start holy energyhalo-ing like mad. The oponent/enemy/victim will surely be confused and hell easier to catch by you or youre team, ya can even scare ppu away :) ( ya cant antishelter em and start holy lightning em nomore, but ya can surely scare em away)

anyways its a fun char, and certainly dont believe all those cookiecuttersetups and even worse: SKILLMANAGERS

croncom or any of those are youre friend: especially the list with TL's of all apu/ppuspells will come in handy. a hybrid is still powerfull but they made em boring: as in he cant use the funstuff nomore like HL/FA, decent paraspells, and things like antishelter and such...

dont believe me btw: experiment and customize, thats the fun of it

ciao

mdares
10-02-04, 00:01
u can always try the normal def with energy beam solution; then u can have enough to antishelter and hammer away with a energy beam (run cast too) or for fire dmg op for holy fire halo; tox beam is nearly cappable (well 500+% and nearly capped freq...)

but honestly the new patch does make hybs viable but toned down so its fairly balanced. obviously i dunt recommend hybs unless u cap cuz lvlign as a hyb is annoying... ur dmg output is way too low but u ssurvive longer...

best to just find a good cave team and leech :D