PDA

View Full Version : Tank Lowtech pistol's

Zeekal
09-02-04, 17:05
I was considering making a pistol tank - low tech obviously ultimately ending up with a liberator.

If you think about it a tank pistol user (who can cap aiming of the libby with the right setup) is a PE with increased movement Rate and more con .... what do you think?

do you think it would be a viable option .... bearing in mind the pistol tank can be a melee tank as well .... like BoC or PoB

Ama

J. Folsom
09-02-04, 17:07
Do keep in mind that part of why PE's are as good as they are is because of their ability to cast Shelter and Damage Boost, though very few PE's I've seen using DB...

Anyway, it's very viable to become a liberator tank, though you won't ever cap the Lib's RoF.

Gotterdammerung
09-02-04, 17:38
it's possible. I knew a few people who had done it, some even recently. they raved about how fun it was (and certainly different then the usual cookie-cutters out there)

Benjie
09-02-04, 17:45
Yes it is, but I would reccomend leveling up as a Pure Melee Tank.

Then lom to a Pistol/Melee hybrid.

:)

Original monk
09-02-04, 17:48
my tank been a libbytank for a loong time, its very nice for veeery long duels with other tanks :)

@ Style: do you remember our 15 minutes during duel ? you TPC, me libby ?

extreme FUN :)

cRazy2003
09-02-04, 18:20
there have been a lot of pistol tanks around, and they are good.
if they manage to cap aiming and damage they can use there 100 con and all there points in str onto force resist so they can be really good, ive seen a few owning in NF before to

steweygrrr
09-02-04, 21:37
Whats stopping said tanks from becoming HC tanks as well? If a PE can go hightech with pistols with only 10 more dex surely a tank can use a TPC or TriDe as well

shodanjr_gr
09-02-04, 21:55
Originally posted by steweygrrr
Whats stopping said tanks from becoming HC tanks as well? If a PE can go hightech with pistols with only 10 more dex surely a tank can use a TPC or TriDe as well

Tanks lack in DEX (20 less than a PE i think) thus they cannot get enough TC to use TPC. Heck if a tank could get enough TC to use a tpc he would spec a tad more to use CS. Libby+CS Tank...yum yum :)