PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Private Eye setup (Alpha)

Benjie
09-02-04, 14:02
I'm just 'experimenting' with an idea. TBH I can see major weaknesses, but it might be fun to make. :)

This is a PvP setup.
A Judge PE. (high damage)
With no Resists! :eek:
Has capped Runspeed to avoid getting hit.
The PE will also use no PSI and no Armour so won't drop a Quickbelt when Dying.
The PE also has 120 poke so is self sufficent.

The VHC is so the PE can use vehicles to cross zones, because mob encounters would be fatal.

Here is the current Setup.
http://gallery.cybertarp.com/albums/userpics/16028/KamiPE.jpg

Questions.
[list=1]
Does a Judge aim well enough to just run around an opponent and shoot. (unlike the libby where you really need to crouch)
Does 99 Resist Psi actually Do anything?
With Runspeed (or close enough) cap do you think I will be able to avoid getting hit? (the whole point of this setup)
Is it worth speccing Heavy Combat instead of Resist Force to use the Combat vehicles?
Am I insane?
[/list=1]

Elric
09-02-04, 14:05
Your insane yes.

would be hard to even level effectively without any resists. Although a plus point on that is, you'd probably cap CON pretty fast :p

Benjie
09-02-04, 14:05
Originally posted by Elric
Your insane yes.

would be hard to even level effectively without any resists.
I'm already near cap. I don't want to PvM with him.

I just want a PE thats fun. I figure running at the speed of light gunning people down with a Mini-CS. Not giving a fuck about dying.... would be a laugh. :lol:

Nightbrother
09-02-04, 14:08
My running numbers are higher than those ones, and I get hit plenty, but I may not be moving around efficiently, so I cant say.

Yes, the combat vehicles are defintely worth using, especially the heavy trike.

No, you are not entirely insane. Just a bit, like the rest of us.

And resist PSI only reduces damage done to you by monsters that use PSI, like enlightened preacher, arachnids and so on.

Mumblyfish
09-02-04, 14:08
That's pretty much the same direction I've taken my pistol spy, the whole "no resists" thingy. Just remember that you're trying to turn your PE into a pistol spy, and you'll be pretty much inferior because of that. It's crazy fun, though.

Oh, and get yourself a basic heal. Seriously.

subsys
09-02-04, 14:09
afaik resist psi does nothing because all psi spells do one of the other types of damage, (psi attacks do force damage, the rest are all fire/nrg/poisen)

edit : already answered, i just cant post quick enough ^^

ResurgencE
MC5 imps = 115. Why do you have 120?

Though its nice to break away from the routine, that setup isnt going to be viable. But it might be fun to play since its insanely challenging to simply keep yourself alive.

Benjie
Originally posted by Nightbrother
My running numbers are higher than those ones, and I get hit plenty, but I may not be moving around efficiently, so I cant say.

Yes, the combat vehicles are defintely worth using, especially the heavy trike.

No, you are not entirely insane. Just a bit, like the rest of us.

And resist PSI only reduces damage done to you by monsters that use PSI, like enlightened preacher, arachnids and so on.
okie :)

you have over 110 Athletics and 110 Agility? Your con setup must be... interesting.:confused:

Mr_Snow
09-02-04, 14:17
With that setup you are going to die lots.

Speed just doesnt make up for a good resist setup and no matter how fast you run your going to be hit.

And if you actually practice with a libby its not hard to aim but unlike most weapons in this game *cough*monks rayguns *cough* you have to learn the skill through use rather then point and click and get a certain hit.

gostly
09-02-04, 14:17
how come i cant find that skill manager on neocronnetwork.de? :rolleyes:

Dribble Joy
09-02-04, 14:26
No matter how fast you are, you will be hit, especially by monks 110 agl/atl isn't that much faster than 85/85 which is easily hittable.
Maybe fun... but you are going to die fast and often, especially with no spells.

Nightbrother
09-02-04, 14:29
Originally posted by Benjie
okie :)

you have over 110 Athletics and 110 Agility? Your con setup must be... interesting.:confused:

I think I have to agree with you there, cause I have used no points in body health and endurance. Resists and athletics only. 8| :)

s0apy
09-02-04, 14:30
it's fun, but i'm guessing your legs will get shot out first, rendering your runspeed useless. use PSI to get good stats on a shelter and deflector, and at least put on a suit of mob-dropped armour, so that even when you do lose something it's valueless.

also, for your general plan i'd drop the VHC and put it into AGL or PC, 110 AGL really isn't all that high despite your ATL.

Rade
09-02-04, 14:49
You wont notice a big increase in runspeed going from 80/80 to
110/110 so that wont be a substitute for staying power. Quite
useless really :/

Lifewaster
09-02-04, 15:06
Looks fun but is a sad reflection on the game in general.

A setup where you can kill ppl , or try to kill ppl and be a pest, with no risk to yourself , just what 99% of the PvP playerbase seems to want :(

You get to piss several ppl off, easily killing newbs, and harrassing + maybe killing players who try to combat you, then at the end of the day, even if they do manage to kill you , you lose nothing.

We had the same kind of thing in meridian 59, called 30hp tofers , only diff was if you killed then they did lose a hp point and some stats, so you could hunt them down to 20 hps ....

Get rid of the safe slot IMO ........or change it somehow.

Clyde
09-02-04, 15:14
youd might have more fun if you went pistol/rifle hybrid with 2 kamis. you can basically cap the PE and Liberator.

QuantumDelta
09-02-04, 15:16
.....I'd be suprised if that setup could even take two CS bursts.........take *some* ATL out (10-20 points?)

*ALL* Of your END Out.

Take 5 points out of IMP and put it with in PSU (Recommended), or WEP.

All of your free CON Points should go into resists.
Pray to god you fight people that only use fire and energy....
And always have a PPU hit you with Haz 3..

................Then you might have a viable setup.... maybe o_O

Benjie
09-02-04, 15:29
Naa scrap that setup.

Benjie
09-02-04, 15:29
Naa scrap that setup. I'm trying something else.

___T-X____
09-02-04, 15:33
Can Mods close these untested skill manager threads, they are really annoying.

QuantumDelta
10-02-04, 01:13
Originally posted by ___T-X____
Can Mods close these untested skill manager threads, they are really annoying. Didn't you post somethin like this tho dude?
Just let people play around, we all learn in different ways, this is one of them :)

I wouldn't fuss, but hey, I ain't a fussy dude lol

___T-X____
10-02-04, 01:32
Didn't you post somethin like this tho dude?

No, I lomed to mine, lomed a bit more, then lomed more, then posted mine after 1 week of tweeking it...

Just seems everyone is posting untested 'skillmanager' setups because they think it might be uber, o and to quote you from another thread QD...

"I need to know this, lets go and test it." - runspeed thread :p touche (with the french style 'e' lol )

Mumblyfish
10-02-04, 01:48
That's ALT+0233, in case you were wondering. é. Wonderful.

I got forced to type French until it was spilling out of my anus. Oh, and also THAT setup, only on a spy, is VERY effective. So it's not really "oh, this'll never work HERE'S A THREAD ON IT", it just needed tweaking ;)

Psycho Killa
10-02-04, 01:53
I got like 6 less pc then you and good resists o0 so unless u want vehicles for fun its kinda pointless.

Psyco Groupie
10-02-04, 02:35
interesting ? no.

funny like your 'how do i capture my desktop' ? yes.

wee need a new forum, setups or something

and while were at it a forum for polls, that 'whos the best at posting polls' era sucked

KramerTheWeird
10-02-04, 02:52
Derisor or Kobra would win that :)

QuantumDelta
10-02-04, 03:07
Originally posted by KramerTheWeird
Derisor or Kobra would win that :)
Kobra;
SB Rules, NC Sucks.

Poll;
Do you agree?
1) Yes.
2) This option is for idiots.

Derisor;
Should KK Hire me and have me run the whole of the branch, by myself?

¬.¬

The only people that get on my nerves on these forums anymore really..is the "Ideas" People, because most of their ideas are either completely unviable, or just too bloody stupid...

Rade
10-02-04, 13:18
All people with ideas suck, except me.

Mumblyfish
10-02-04, 13:20
I've got an idea.

Let's make fuck.

deac
10-02-04, 14:11
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
The only people that get on my nerves on these forums anymore really..is the "Ideas" People, because most of their ideas are either completely unviable, or just too bloody stupid...

omfg!! :eek: soo ironic.................

ps sorry for the flame..

QuantumDelta
10-02-04, 20:22
Originally posted by deac
omfg!! :eek: soo ironic.................

ps sorry for the flame.. Not particularly, since all my ideas are written and designed to be easily implementable, and balanced in the strictest sense.

See, unlike everyone else I don't give a flying fuck about any one class in particular anymore, so my balance suggestions will typically cut to the bone.

So be it eh?
Something to be remembered is that when it comes to balance, and when I get serious, I am typically right.

Rade
10-02-04, 21:08
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
my ideas are written and designed to be easily implementable

This is something most people seem to forget, and why they get
the big fat "fucking retard" stamp on the forehead.

"omg it would be so cool if like we could have cuztom haircuts
and like I think we should have a new stat called agility which
holds skills for runspeed and like dueeel wield skills so PEs and
Spies dont have to gimp their skills for that and we should have
like martial arts and 10 new animations for kicks and stuff and
blahblahBLAH"

Compare how much your idea will add to the game compared to
how much time it will take to implement before you post your
bullshit. And if you dont know anything about coding and game
design then dont open your ***ing mouth to begin with.

/aggro off

Psyco Groupie
10-02-04, 21:11
:evil laugh:

Judge
10-02-04, 21:14
My ideas are a bit weird and I know they would most probably never make it into retail for their weirdness nd difficulty to implement.... but I try and make them readable. Its fun just to share interesting ideas with other people.... seriously, if you don't like non-balancing idea threads then why even go into one?

Originally posted by Rade
And if you dont know anything about coding and game
design then dont open your ***ing mouth to begin with.

Rade.... I don't think that coming up with ideas should be reserved entirely to people who know about coding or game design.... I mean ffs that would mean about 1% of the population could take part in discussions about new ideas. Just because you did some dev work on a MUD doesn't mean that everyone else has to to have ideas equal to yours.

Techi
10-02-04, 21:17
resist psi reduces the effect of damage boost and para.

DestructionUK
10-02-04, 21:33
did the room just get smaller or did somones head just get bigger (looks at idea flamers)

Psycho Killa
10-02-04, 21:33
Um unless that changed in the last couple patches I think youve lost your mind techi o_O

Psyco Groupie
10-02-04, 21:35
In thoery thats waht it should do but in reality its just a pvm stat afaik

Rade
10-02-04, 21:39
Originally posted by DestructionUK
did the room just get smaller or did somones head just get bigger (looks at idea flamers)

Nope the room is fine, thats my head, deal with it ;)