PDA

View Full Version : FPS Cap

Ferabukoo
09-02-04, 09:35
Anybody know why i only get a max of 62 fps.. It wont go higher for some reason :(

help meh

Archeus
09-02-04, 09:44
If your using XP, your FPS is locked to your screen refresh rate. Do a search on the forums there is a post about how to unlock it.

Ferabukoo
09-02-04, 09:46
what should i search for?

Drake6k
09-02-04, 09:46
I think AntiAliasing caps your FPS for some reason. Turning that off might let you go higher. I often get 100 and sometimes 111 (never in between though... :wtf: ) A friend of mine gets like 140 8|

EDIT: To change your refresh rate... right click on your desktop, properties, settings, advanced.

Ferabukoo
09-02-04, 09:50
well since this forum is anal.. it wont let me search for 3 letter words.. onoz

how afskdfasdkfjasfkl;asdjfloasfjhjasdf

Original monk
09-02-04, 09:52
Originally posted by Ferabukoo
well since this forum is anal.. it wont let me search for 3 letter words.. onoz

how afskdfasdkfjasfkl;asdjfloasfjhjasdf

Rofl, mondaymorning, some coffee and miss cleo complaining about the searchoptions: priceless

Hehe, i hate the 3 letter rule also: you found the good words to describe this :)

Dajuda
09-02-04, 09:53
http://members.cox.net/daj-/framerate.jpg
Mine seems fine.

Ferabukoo
09-02-04, 09:55
well.... i cant get it to go above my refresh rate on my moniter... i know theres away... BUT TELL ME HOW SOMONE

Ferabukoo
09-02-04, 09:59
oh please moma help me... oh please

Archeus
09-02-04, 10:02
Originally posted by Ferabukoo
well.... i cant get it to go above my refresh rate on my moniter... i know theres away... BUT TELL ME HOW SOMONE

If you have a GeForce, there is a reg key you can enter that enables the function to unlock your FPS to your refresh rate. However I don't remember what it is.

Ferabukoo
09-02-04, 10:03
oh yeah.. forgot.. i have a gf fx5600 sexymode 1

D:

i want the big time fps oh pweeze

Archeus
09-02-04, 10:06
think this might be it.

http://www.softpedia.com/public/cat/12/1/12-1-31.shtml

**** WARNING USING THIS WRONG CAN DESTROY YOUR CARD ****

-FN-
09-02-04, 10:32
Simple question, simple answer :):

#1 - If it is vsynching at 62fps, that means your monitor is running at 62Hz.... OW.

Right click on your desktop > Properties > Settings Tab > Advanced Button > Monitor Tab

Up the Screen refresh rate a notch. If it works and you can still see your desktop, do it again. Do this until you reach the highest setting that works with your monitor and resolution.

That should fix the 30fps problem, however, if it is still capping try this:

#2 - If you have Detonator or Forceware drivers for your GeForce (www.guru3d.com), then do this:

Right click on your desktop > Properties > Settings Tab > Advanced Button > GeForce Whatever You Have Tab

In the menu called Refresh Rate Overrides, Select Override refresh rates, find the resolution you're running at and set the refresh rate to what you set the rate to in your Monitor Tab.

--

If for some reason you f-up your display ;) restart windows holding F10 and say hello to VGA mode lol

Hope that helps.

Clyde
09-02-04, 10:43
amazing that even with my specs, 3200+ XP, 1024mb ddr ocz dual channel pc 3200 with a ti 4600, i cant only get a solid 76 fps even with the overide settings and vsync off. I heard the engine is a cpu hog, i hope when doy comes out with the engine inprovements, itll speed things up a bit more

-FN-
09-02-04, 10:51
Originally posted by Clyde
amazing that even with my specs, 3200+ XP, 1024mb ddr ocz dual channel pc 3200 with a ti 4600, i cant only get a solid 76 fps even with the overide settings and vsync off. I heard the engine is a cpu hog, i hope when doy comes out with the engine inprovements, itll speed things up a bit more

Well from what they've said about the engine improvements, the emphasis on CPU time will be shifted a bit from the CPU to the GPU, but with the higher textures and higher poly count, I'm guessing you'll either see the same performance or less.

El_MUERkO
09-02-04, 12:27
I get silly high FPS, 200+ if I look at a wall in a hallway or lift, theres little or no stress on the CPU in these areas.

The change to DX9 should make everyones NC run much better :)

Shadow Dancer
09-02-04, 20:38
Why are you people complaining?

I wish I could get 60 fps. :(

I'm running windows SEXp, and i have a radeon 8500.

Is their anyway I can improve my fps? :(

Psyco Groupie
09-02-04, 20:40
turn off vertical sync

how the fuck do people come up with this crap after playing for nearly a year ? christ

Shadow Dancer
09-02-04, 20:41
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
turn off vertical sync

What's that?

Sleawer
09-02-04, 20:55
You ask what is vertical synch or how to de-activate it?

Shadow Dancer
09-02-04, 20:56
Originally posted by Sleawer
You ask what is vertical synch or how to de-activate it?

Both.

Will deactivating it help improve my fps?

Spoon
09-02-04, 20:58
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
What's that?

:rolleyes:

What are serious?

rofl......

You got a Radeon 8500, and you don't know how to change the Gfx settings?

You really are a nib, aren't you?

j/k

Just go to your gfx card settings(-FN- decribes how to get there in one of his posts), and turn it off.....

@Dajuda
That's just sick.....:mad:

Sleawer
09-02-04, 21:00
Well it used to help me when I didnt need the extra fps, prolly you will get the same crappy fps as now in critical situations (but it certainly should remove any fps cap).
I can tell you how to turn it off tho:

right-click in your browser>properties>config>advanced options>click the tab of your gfx card (i.e. mine's gforce4 tit 4200 with agp 8x, it says that in the tab)>turn off vertical synch.

It should have 3 options:

1) always off
2) disconected by default
3) conected by default

/edit: this is for windows XP btw... you said you had win seXP :p

Dribble Joy
09-02-04, 21:07
I wish I got more than 60 fps when lookig at a wall.
ph34r my 1.4 athlon.

Spoon
09-02-04, 21:33
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
I wish I got more than 60 fps when lookig at a wall.
ph34r my 1.4 athlon.

heh.......

ph34r my 733mhz/66mhz fsb/32MB Radeon.....
OP wars and PvP is out of the question on my machine...
More than one person shooting around me, makes my PC want to puke..and lagggg....and start smoking..........

Although I can get 70+ fps staring at the wall of an PP apartment...

Whichs reminds me, I need to go do someting.....

Whitestuff
09-02-04, 22:33
Tried everything in this thread, nothing seems to get my FPS over 30 FPS in wastes. (30 FPS average, it jumps up to 40 for a second, but then back to 25-30). It would be nice to have good FPS so I can see someone "run" around me in PvP and not "teleport" 5-10 feet all around me.

I am running and Athlon XP 1800+ / 1.25 Gig of DDR PC 2100 / G4orce FX5200 Ultra with 128 MB DDR

I overclocked it, installed new drivers, removed the vertical sync, and I still get the same FPS performance. Why? Anyone know?

I will wait for DoY just to see this shift from CPU to GPU load and see the FPS change (if any).

Ferabukoo
09-02-04, 23:33
i have vysnc turned off and have had it turned off for years..

so fuck off

Scikar
10-02-04, 01:35
I don't see the point in turning VSync off. The difference between 60 FPS and 100 FPS is minimal at best. If your monitor is only refreshing 60 times a second, what's the point in your gfx card sending new frames 100 times? It just leads to artifacts and tearing, which distract me. So I always have VSync turned on.

Btw 1.5 Athlon on this comp, FPS doesn't often drop below 30. It's only got a Radeon 9000 Pro in as well, which you can pick up for next to nothing. :)

God bless Omega drivers.

___T-X____
10-02-04, 01:41
Scikar - i use the radeon 8500 le which there appears to be an Omega Driver for...what can i expect if i use these drivers instead of the ATI website ones ?

cheers in Adv.

Scikar
10-02-04, 02:11
The Omega drivers are essentially identical to the ATi drivers, they're just tweaked and optimised to take out the useless stuff. They can yield anything between 5% and 30% FPS increase. Even if you already have high FPS, it's worth getting them just to crank up the texture quality.

Punisher-X
10-02-04, 02:52
Highest I have ever had @ max ingame detail is 500fps in Neocron. Usually hangs around 100-150 in the wastelands.

Whitestuff
10-02-04, 03:03
Originally posted by -FN-

#2 - If you have Detonator or Forceware drivers for your GeForce (www.guru3d.com), then do this:

What drivers on this site do I need to use with my Geforce FX5200 Ultra? Why are they better than the Nvidia ones? How are they in comparison?

MjukisDjur
10-02-04, 11:05
Funny thing is that even though I got 300+ fps in my app I still only got about 10-20 at plasa 1 :)

Sovellis
10-02-04, 13:03
Is there a way to unlock it for ATI. Mine is a 64mb 8500/8600LE. Any help woudl be great, my FPS atm in op wars is total shit. Aiming on rifles for me is impossible as i cant possibly hold it over long enough.

Any help on the ATI situation would be divine.

Punisher-X
10-02-04, 13:35
Atm NC is CPU - Memory - Graphics Card based, in that order IMO.
Going by your graphics card, you probably have an old CPU, and old memory too. Bar upgrading, tbh there isnt much you can do except overclock the bitch to buggery and back.

KuifJe
10-02-04, 18:39
Originally posted by WhiteKrAkRBOi
What drivers on this site do I need to use with my Geforce FX5200 Ultra? Why are they better than the Nvidia ones? How are they in comparison?

The drivers on there are nvidia drivers as well, but they have a huge amount of driver versions.

Check out their forums to see comments about the newest builds, alot of people there claim to have better or worse performance with a certain driver version.

After reading thru there for a bit u can make an educated guess as to what drivers would suit your system best, coz the WHQL certified drivers certainly aint the best Nvidia ever released.