09-02-04, 04:14
your point is?

MayhemMike
09-02-04, 04:16
I like your leet cash!

Forget My Name
09-02-04, 04:17
Umm.... +1 with a pic?

I hope you are in support of TankoCron, the best age of this game.

Psycho Killa
09-02-04, 04:19
Tankocron is 100 times more fun then monkocron and thats coming from a monk !

RayBob
09-02-04, 04:21
It's actually pretty damn balanced right now. Lots of tanks and monks.

WebShock
09-02-04, 04:23
if they put ppw back nto the ds things will be balanced.

tank cron is more fun anyway

ppl last longer and it takes more skill. i like how things are minus the uber low ppw

Mr Friendly
09-02-04, 04:42
actually i bet PEoCron is gunna be tons more fun than monkocron or tankocron......
sry if that was random & off the subject :p

Bl@zed
09-02-04, 06:02
first class i ever played was my H-C, i love em, and i've tried every class. Tank-o-Cron owns. :D

Bl@zed
09-02-04, 06:03
H-C tank i mean

Shujin
09-02-04, 06:21
finally some people who can gun rhinos ;P

Bl@zed
09-02-04, 06:35
Originally posted by Shujin
finally some people who can gun rhinos ;P

rhinos are THE alternative for tech hunting, if your arent a fan of monk o cron :p

mdares
09-02-04, 07:12
melee tanks = teh pwn nuff said.

Sorin
09-02-04, 08:07
Well I MUCH prefer tankocron to monkocron. I rather prefer running away from 5 tanks rather than 15 APUs with 30 PPUs following them.

Nash_Brigham
09-02-04, 08:40
Originally posted by Sorin
Well I MUCH prefer tankocron to monkocron. I rather prefer running away from 5 tanks rather than 15 APUs with 30 PPUs following them. No, it's jsut one or two takes with 3 or 4 PPU's in tow now. Not much different from any other o' Cron that has been out, just this time we got alot of devourer users out there now.

Bl@zed
09-02-04, 08:55
nah tanks actually tank skills to play imo, and are much more enjoyable than monks anyday

Drake6k
09-02-04, 09:24
Think seriously for a minute. What if the monk class was removed. They dont fit cyberpunk, they are impossible to balance, they're ugly, and they are fairy mages. What if it was all Tanks, PEs, and Spys. Those fights would be so freaking insane fun omfg. Everyone would have to move around, BULLETS instead of magic lights, you couldnt live forever. You wouldnt need a ppu to fight!

Remove monks. I want Tank and PE -O- Cron.

Archeus
09-02-04, 09:27
Originally posted by Drake6k
Think seriously for a minute. What if the monk class was removed. They dont fit cyberpunk, they are impossible to balance, they're ugly, and they are fairy mages. What if it was all Tanks, PEs, and Spys. Those fights would be so freaking insane fun omfg. Everyone would have to move around, BULLETS instead of magic lights, you couldnt live forever. You wouldnt need a ppu to fight!

Read the technomages books.

Psycho Killa
09-02-04, 09:28
Dont remove all monks just ppu's.

Nightbrother
09-02-04, 09:57

Or get acquainted with the Shadowrun universe. :D

Nash_Brigham
09-02-04, 09:57
Originally posted by Nightbrother
Or get acquainted with the Shadowrun universe. :D Sucks that FASA no longer makes Shadowrun. :(

alig
09-02-04, 10:37
Wots wrong with tankocron? :confused: i can remember when everyone used to be a tank, fun times.

El_MUERkO
09-02-04, 12:38
Its not really tank-o-cron, yes the tanks got an accidental boost but its more the over nerf of APU monks that got everyone to dust off their tanks.

Hopefully with the new patch the tanks weapons will be lowered in power a bit and APUs will have a damage increase.

Then we might get a happy medium.

PS: Both the tank boost and monk nerf were accidents, if you look thru the patch thread and some 'wtf!?!' threads the GMs have mentioned this, so no jumping up and down and crying.

MisterP
09-02-04, 13:09
@Drake6k & Psycho Killa:

[*beep* - Gungnir] :eek:
:D

Kaden
09-02-04, 13:14
I have to agree guys. After a year of playing spies (mainly), I've just done my first HC tank. He was a bitch to start leveling with, but he hit a certain point, and it's like BANG, and OMFG, this is FUN. All I can say, is bring on the reign of Tank-O-Cron :)

ezza
09-02-04, 13:14
onoz its tankocron what ever will the monks do.

roll over and die with any luck.

after killing apus in 4-6 swipes of POB im laughing:lol:

id rather see aload of tanks, pe and dont forget the spies, than monks.

sorry monk, but i can happily live without you, hell with my melee tank i can live with out ppu buffs in op fights quite often.

dunno if this was a whine thread or not, if it was then get over it, the tanks who have actually played tanks during hybrid and monk ocron have put up with a lot, stop your whining and just die already

Lana DarkWolf
09-02-04, 13:57
LONG LIVE TANK-O-CRON

even though im not a tank & my PEs gonna get owned by Devs all the time, what the hell:D

makes fights more fun.

Lifewaster
09-02-04, 14:10
Go tanks !

You guys are much much more fun to fight against, than monks ,spies or pes.

You dont stealth, you dont insta hit around corners and walls, you dont die after one hit, you look cool fighting, you dont parashock or damage boost ppl, you dont cast insane shelters or heals on yourselfs, you dont run too fast , you arent indestructible, when you shoot someone they can see the tracer of where the fire comes from unlike beams, theres lots more but your just really well designed overall.

I'm glad you got the dev and I'm glad theres more tanks nowadays at last....

Cyphor
09-02-04, 16:00
Imo i prefer tank-o-cron, for the fact i hate playing a tank and so can feel slightly more unique in a op war on any of my chars. I dont really see a way you cant have a (certain class)-o-cron as alot of people will always jump on the bandwagon of the most powerfull class at the time. I play my chars because they are fun to play, i find them fun to play no matter what class i play against, they all go down the same way :p . Hell one of the best things about tank-o-cron is the amount of tanks you can tell are freshly power leveled, some go down faster than a mid lvl spy :p If you enjoy the class you play then this change shouldnt bother anyone, just as monk-o-cron shouldn't have bothered anyone if they enjoyed their class.

And I dont think the thread starter was saying this was negative, just pointing out its now the return of tank-o-cron, more of a statement than an oppionion of whether its a good or bad thing.

Rade
09-02-04, 16:06
Originally posted by Psycho Killa
Tankocron is 100 times more fun then monkocron and thats coming from a monk !

w0rd

Tupac
09-02-04, 16:09
TankOcron best type of o'cron to walk neocron!!! Gun bearing classes= requires skill to play!

Clownst0pper
09-02-04, 19:01
I like your leet cash!

only a little more than yours :p

Judge
09-02-04, 19:07
I prefer tank-o-cron to every other o-cron. I don't really care much if my class is a little underpowered, as then its only the dedicated who want to play it :D

Down with monks (APU and PPU) :p

Clownst0pper
09-02-04, 19:14
it isnt tank'o'cron, theres just a nice amount of tanks once again at OP wars.

TBH tanks were always good, monks were just..better.

Ascension
09-02-04, 19:26
http://farcryuniverse.com/ncf/pictures/tanko.jpg

TANK 'O CRON o_O

Shadow Dancer
09-02-04, 20:03
they are impossible to balance, .

Apus are impossible to balance?

o_O

You must have no imagination.

As for PPUs, well if KK actually got off their ass and tried to TRUELY balance the ppus instead of just waiting several months doing nothing while this imbalance exists, they might get balanced.

Ahh the selfishness of the community, part of the reason PvP imbalance stays fucked up for so long, because too many people are selfish.

I could understand why people feel the PPU can be hard to balance. He's pure support, so he'll be extra hard to balance unlike the other classes. But don't give me that bullshit that apus are impossible to balance. "reasonable" damage tweak and a reticle, poof. That's it. And a tl 3 heal. APus are like other classes, in the end when it comes to pvp their just another damage dealer, which is easy to balance. Hell, I think the holy lightning was overnerfed, but fire apoc seems just fine for pvp now. Heavy damage, but not overboard. Not insane rof. We should just get a reticle now. Please don't give me that crap that apus have overpowered offense STILL.

:rolleyes:

Also KK needs to just bite the bullet and realize ppus aren't going to work, the way they are right now. IMO anything that will balance ppus will end up being drastic.

Another problem is that maybe before, wayyy before, people would have had a much better attitude towards ppu. They woulda had a "let's balance them!" instead of a "let's remove them!" attitude. Same for hybrids.

You want to know why that happens? Because KK does nothing for such a long period of time. So all that frustration and hate builds up, and people start not seeing rationally. The problem is there for such a long time, it changes from "hrmm, I think ppus are a problem. KK needs to balance them" to "just fucking remove them already, they ruin pvp".

Sometimes I wonder what KK was thinking when making this game. Obviously you can't avoid balance issues forever when making a mmorpg. But their are many problems that could have been avoided, had they just put a little more thought into it when making a certain skill/class/weapon/etc....

I mean come on. There was a certain point, when holy para was 105 rof, 33 mana, and their were no anti-shock drugs. Holy crap, who the hell thought up that bright idea????????????

o_O

Mr_Snow
09-02-04, 21:02
Tank'o'cron was good fun but personally I would have balance'o'cron then any other type of o'cron

Shadow Dancer
09-02-04, 21:07
Originally posted by Mr_Snow
Tank'o'cron was good fun but personally I would have balance'o'cron then any other type of o'cron

Exactly.

Mr_Snow>u

Archeus
09-02-04, 21:08
Seeing more droners then tanks tbh. Think the last Tank of FA rerolled to a monk recently too.

mdares
09-02-04, 22:32
droner-o-cron!!! ITS TEH NEW CRAZZZZZEEEEEE! :D

*jumps on bandwagon*

Shadow Dancer
10-02-04, 00:05
How about freezer-a-cron?

*gets booed off the stage*

mdares
10-02-04, 00:10
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
How about freezer-a-cron?

*gets booed off the stage*

naw man that's been done dude; but then again its always freezer-o-cron...

t0tt3
10-02-04, 00:59
Originally posted by Tupac
TankOcron best type of o'cron to walk neocron!!! Gun bearing classes= requires skill to play!

And a Dev takes so much skill to play with :rolleyes:

If there are any click and shoot thing dev takes the first class dont even need to aim to hit anything just spray and pray ^^

[ edited for violation of the forum rules - homophobic ] <--- love that :lol:

Dezh
10-02-04, 14:17
Remove PPUs.
freezer-o-cron = :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tupac
10-02-04, 15:25
t0tt3t0tt3 quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And a Dev takes so much skill to play with

If there are any click and shoot thing dev takes the first class dont even need to aim to hit anything just spray and pray ^^

[ edited for violation of the forum rules - homophobic ] <--- love that quote:

well thats coming from a APU lmfao

t0tt3
10-02-04, 19:01
well thats coming from a APU lmfao

Well Dev > HL....

Steam out your Pool "now when they nerfed PPW again :rolleyes:"

And to regain all again I need to w8 for atleast one WHOLE mag of any other gun if not more...

Thats like when you reload your Dev you need to wait for 10s to shoot in full effect again. If you say hey you can shoot before, yes but not at RoF 105.. more RoF 55 - 60 while w8 for the pool to gain.

Dev > HL anytime

"Dev is a NOOB GUN" end quote from a tank not a monk.
So dont come here and say lol a monk says so. Then whos the real noob ^^ If you cant look at the facts.

Well just look at it.

Dev most powerful "tank"
Rifle best range "spy/PE"
Best combat defence "PE"

Apus doenst have range or dmg or anything for that matter, I just stands there and pwns other monks and HAB:s the dev tanks, thats my job O_o

Possessed
10-02-04, 19:11
Originally posted by t0tt3

Best combat defence "PE"

Actually when PPU buffed tanks have far better defence than PEs, only when you consider both classes self buffed do PEs have superior defence....

Rade
10-02-04, 19:18
Originally posted by Possessed
Actually when PPU buffed tanks have far better defence than PEs, only when you consider both classes self buffed do PEs have superior defence....

Not to mention that buffs wear off all the friggin time, and fights
lasts pretty long in this game. Virtually anywhere outside of
duelling scenarios PEs will have their buffs falling during combat,
and then Tanks>PEs in every way. Which is why PEs have stealth.

KimmyG
10-02-04, 19:27
Dev just got an un-need boost.

They need to add more ability to get posion resist and make the resist help out alot against wargas.

Zoneseek tested it with mid posion resists and then cranked his resists useing drugs and belt and he only took a little less dmg.

Bottom line is they need to get more poision options cause right now its just resists or you can gimp yourself with VK. I have said it before why is there no +15 on the resistor chip that would be a start.

I know what most have to say no one wants to changed there perfect setup so there resists are balanced out but I say why gimp yourself to 50 weapons so you can last 10 secs longer against one.

Rade
10-02-04, 19:36
Originally posted by KimmyG
Bottom line is they need to get more poision options cause right now its just resists or you can gimp yourself with VK.

omfg hax o_O Im agreeing with kimmy. There should be armors,
like gasmasks and biosuit stuff that have very low force/piercing
values but high poison. Since you sacrifice other armor parts, like
the precious inq armor, to get it on I hardly think it will be
unbalanced. Then other weapons that use poison could be
balanced accordingly.

Techi
10-02-04, 20:42
With regards to Devourer taking skill, I believe it has to take some, as not just any idiot with a devourer can take down a good PE. The presence of more tanks in the game is making PvP a bit more fun in that it requires you to adapt your combat to different types of weapons....somebody breaks out a CS, get in their face and move around them so fast they can't hit you...someody breaks out a dev, put 20 feet between you and hit them with high RoF locational damage in the legs, then take them from a distance. A bad tank on a PPU shelter still dies to a good self buffed PE, because there's always adaptation. I've seen maybe 2 or 3 APUs on pluto that can challenge a good self sustaining PE and win, if even by a tiny bit. Typically, I see APUs running around PEs and getting miscast after miscast as their hitpoints drop consistently.

These things being said, there are 4 things that need to change in order for balance in my eyes. APUs need aiming in the traditional sense, so that they don't miscast if they don't have the reticle on a person at the exact instant they click. Holy Para Halo desperately needs gimping, as it is currently 4 times as powerful as its rare bigger brother, and the approximate equivalent of the old Holy Paralysis. PEs overall need a damage reduction, as there's no reason a plasma pistol that can fit in one hand should be able to deliver as much damage as a cursed soul. Perhaps something along the lines of modifying subskill caps so that a PE can't, say, cap the damage on a Ray of Last Hope. Spies need a little bit more psi....with their enormous brainpower, they should be able to cast a shelter.

Perhaps you guys will say that one or more of those points are entirely stupid, and it's possible you might be right, but the way I see it, a generalized 'jack of all trades' character should not be able to take down anything and everything that isn't a PPU.

As a side note, I currently play a capped hacking pistol PE and a capped-psi combat PPU on Pluto, so don't accuse me of wanting to nerf classes that I don't play.