PDA

View Full Version : I hate the dev now :(

Rieper
09-02-04, 01:36
its not theres a prob with the weapon, its just suddenly everyones back on their tank or rolled a new one. my original and favourite class is being flooded with cookie cut tanks holding devs. I'm actually looking forward to PEoCron so that i can have the class back. I want CS battles back, that and being in an op war as a useful fighter, rather than a swarm of unorganized tanks setting fire to everythign that moves.

boost the libby already :(

Clownst0pper
09-02-04, 01:40
I use CS, were not all nibs who need that weapon to do any dmg, and most of the cookie cutter tanks are so obvious when they stupidly keep the devourer out while ur hammering them with hot green CS plasma.

Tanks are back, but only until PE's get Camo PA.. It is the fickleness of neocrons player base. :o

Punisher-X
09-02-04, 01:40
Nah dont boost libby, I dont want more PEs either :p
Boost the FL and bring on Spy-ocron :lol:

g0rt
09-02-04, 01:41
the dev was good last patch, now its annoying

Clownst0pper
09-02-04, 01:42

I find pistols annoying now, A judge is like a mini CS ffs.

The patch is borked, its not just the devourer....

Ne3xx
09-02-04, 01:43
I agree. I put my dev into the gogo, back to the good old CS. The devs made playing a tank boring, it can make any shitty tank seem good so you see loads of them running around in fights now. I wanted a new wep for my tank but not like this =( But oh well, might as well get used to it...

Marx
for some odd reason, my constructor makes uber devs.

I made three today.

two of them were 5 slot, one was 4.

:confused:

g0rt
Originally posted by Clownst0pper
I find pistols annoying now, A judge is like a mini CS ffs.

The patch is borked, its not just the devourer....

Tbh judge wasn't even any stronger then a tl86 blacksun before the patch so i dunno i think its a little less borked now :P

Benjie
Originally posted by g0rt
Agreed. It's a biatch. My PE can't kill a dev tank like, ever.

Punisher-X
09-02-04, 01:46
Agreed, keep Judge as it is.

2ply
09-02-04, 01:49
Heh, I refuse to use a dev. I can't stand all the tanks that are just... well tanks, using a dev just to 'teh ubar pkz0r hahwhahw.'

CS all the way. Rawr.

ZoneVortex
09-02-04, 01:54
check out this cookie cutter tank :eek:

http://www.floppyg.com/rebel/meleepistoltank.JPG

Damn you devourer!

Benjie
09-02-04, 01:56
Originally posted by ZoneVortex
check out this cookie cutter tank :eek:

http://www.floppyg.com/rebel/meleepistoltank.JPG

Damn you devourer!
Nice Libby Tank. :p

I tried to make one but i got bored and gave up at around Rank 30.

*edit*
Ooh you need to take a drug to use Paw of Bear. o_O

ZoneVortex
09-02-04, 01:58
ahem, make that Libby AND melee tank thank you very much! ;)

clip runs out? whip out da fuckin energy soul blade and start hackin like you're motha fuckin chokin on a grape

Benjie
09-02-04, 02:00
whip out da fuckin energy soul blade and start hackin like you're motha fuckin chokin on a grape
Energy soulblade? HA! I think not! Lets see, to use the Energy Soulblade you need 79 Teck Combat. Hmm you only have 5? :p 8|

fatwreck
09-02-04, 02:01
too bad i dont have a screeny from when i was a rifle tank...

im still runnin around with my CS setup... dont own a dev... and dont have any intention of using one unless one falls into my lap

ZoneVortex
09-02-04, 02:01
rofl, doh, forgot about that

oh well i was just fuckin around anyways :lol:

Clownst0pper
09-02-04, 02:03
Tbh judge wasn't even any stronger then a tl86 blacksun before the patch so i dunno i think its a little less borked now :P

The BS was and still is overpowered.

U know, I often wonder whether KK actually play there own game :confused: :o

Benjie
09-02-04, 02:03
rofl, doh, forgot about that

oh well i was just fuckin around anyways :lol:
You can get a Tank to 91 Dex and 99 Strength with no drugs, and use the Paw of Bear with Liberator and Wyatt Earp. (both nice pistols)

It's a nice setup actually, but you won't be able to cap ROF on the liberator due to the low dexterity.

Originally posted by Clownst0pper
U know, I often wonder whether KK actually play there own game :confused: :o
They don't. I am sure they said it somewhere, they are too buisy at work developing it and they said that after working on the game all day, the last thing they want to do is go home and play it. Dunno where the thread is but I'm not gonna rumage around and dig it up.

Lucjan
09-02-04, 02:09
Originally posted by Ne3xx
I agree. I put my dev into the gogo, back to the good old CS. The devs made playing a tank boring, it can make any shitty tank seem good so you see loads of them running around in fights now. I wanted a new wep for my tank but not like this =( But oh well, might as well get used to it...

Thats the difference between "real tanks" and "wonna be tanks". The CS is still the better weapon and every real tank knows how to use it properly and will chose CS over Dev anytime. I guess it needs some weeks for the whole tank mushroom after rain popup to settle down. The moment people learn how to avoid the Dev those tanks gonna reroll to something else. Even with a CS it isnt that hard to stay out of the extreme close range of Dev tanks...

Clownst0pper
09-02-04, 02:14
Thats the difference between "real tanks" and "wonna be tanks". The CS is still the better weapon and every real tank knows how to use it properly and will chose CS over Dev anytime.

100% true.

Look at sam3000 the devourer nib :lol:

Benjie
09-02-04, 02:24
Originally posted by Benjie
You can get a Tank to 91 Dex and 99 Strength with no drugs, and use the Paw of Bear with Liberator and Wyatt Earp. (both nice pistols)
SA
SF
MOT3
Exp Rflx Bst 4
No Pa.
+ 1 brain imp free. (PP RSTR)
-----------

:D

SorkZmok
09-02-04, 02:26
Yeah i see way more tanks these days.

But its nothing against droneOcron! Hell the graves are fucking crowded with powerleveling droners. Same with most other places. You now can see drones flying around everywhere.

Hell if i had no stealth, i wouldnt leave my apartment anymore cause i really fear em now. Poor tanks and APUs....

And opwars! At our latest fight there were at least 5 droners around. And those damn PNs and mosquitos HURT. Good i got stealth, i was abled to kill most of the droners. :D

ZoneVortex
09-02-04, 02:27
Originally posted by Benjie
SA
SF
MOT3
Exp Rflx Bst 4
No Pa.
+ 1 brain imp free. (PP RSTR)
-----------

:D

oh i forgot SA is only 90 dex...cool

bounty
09-02-04, 02:42
There has always been droners, they just have a reason now to leave their appartment and tradeskillers can actually have a little fun at op wars.
But this is a good thing.

It makes pistol spies important for taking out droner bodies and overall gives more meaning to some real perimeter fighting.

G.0.D.
09-02-04, 05:03
I used to have a libby tank... Its fun, whiped the floor in a dual VS trillian; but against most tanks your in for a 20 minute dual :o

Rimase
09-02-04, 14:04
PowerArmor-ocron!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TOTAL SUCKNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elric
09-02-04, 14:10
Originally posted by bounty
There has always been droners, they just have a reason now to leave their appartment and tradeskillers can actually have a little fun at op wars.
But this is a good thing.

It makes pistol spies important for taking out droner bodies and overall gives more meaning to some real perimeter fighting.

I'm actually thinking about reactivating my account to get back to droning now that they finally got a boost. Nothing in NC was ever as much fun as droning, but it was just so pointless it finally made me change classes, get bored of them n quit.

Mr_Snow
09-02-04, 14:13
If KK ever got off their ass and hotfixed the damage fuck ups on rares then there will be less tanks again and we will be back to monkocron without all the wannabe uber devourer tanks and we will be back to green splash CS tank heaven.

Parappa
09-02-04, 14:16
Good thing my tank is a full-time Ravager user. Fear the beam.

SpawnTDK
09-02-04, 16:01
Originally posted by Rieper
boost the libby already :(

libby is good enough, think a little bit to good
i play a pc pe, so i know the real dmg of the gun

and yea, devourer is to strong