PDA

View Full Version : Ray of God using PE

Mr. Chainsaw
08-02-04, 20:25
I love rayguns. They are my favorite weapon in the game, and I was considering making a rifle PE who would ultimately be using a Ray of God. Is this a viable setup, I've never used a Ray of God and I don't know how it fares in Pvp.

Dissenter
08-02-04, 20:29
Very viable and possible, I used to do that.

Keiron
08-02-04, 20:36
Double Post, sorry

Keiron
08-02-04, 20:37
It was good before patch, it took a decent (stealth) nerf in the last patch. You would do better to go RoLH/Blacksun PE.

Psyco Groupie
08-02-04, 20:45
whats stealth got todo with it ?

the rolh got a nerf but the rog didnt .. both do decent dmg ... rog dex is more easily reachable tho

bang for buck capped in a week rifle is prolly better

[TgR]KILLER
08-02-04, 20:47
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie

In most ppl's eye's PE's are stealth whores that is :p

Be different go pure Lowtech ^^ RoG is good in PvP tho..

Furion
08-02-04, 20:48
he meant stealth nerf:p
as in not documented

El_MUERkO
08-02-04, 20:49
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie

the rolh got a nerf but the rog didnt .. both do decent dmg ... rog dex is more easily reachable tho

bang for buck capped in a week rifle is prolly better

A stealth nerf is one that KK doesnt tell you about in the patch notes.

metalangel
08-02-04, 20:51
MetalAngel used to use a RoG... until she found that, in combat with other PEs, they would run circles around her with their Libbys/RoLHs/whatever while she struggled to even take aim and fire.

So, LoM'd to pistols, so at least I can run around a bit before I get killed.

Dissenter
08-02-04, 22:21
I lommed to full low tech, and I love it.

Why use stealth to run off when you get hurt? When you can absorb the damage and fight back.

Edit - Judging from Killer's sig, he has a pretty similar setup to me :)

Thane
08-02-04, 22:24
Originally posted by Keiron
It was good before patch, it took a decent (stealth) nerf in the last patch. You would do better to go RoLH/Blacksun PE.

sais someone using a ROG PE in his sig :D

Keiron
08-02-04, 22:27
Originally posted by Thane
sais someone using a ROG PE in his sig :D
Playing a tank mostly now, but I'm going to keep that as my sig until my tank is PvP capable.

Dezh
09-02-04, 08:21
Lowtechs r00l, stop stealthing ffs :p

Artie
09-02-04, 09:11
Originally posted by Dezh
Lowtechs r00l, stop stealthing ffs :p

i'm sorry..the judge is just waaay too much fun ^_^

Dissenter
09-02-04, 09:11
You mean you prefer to stealth? :p

XaNToR
09-02-04, 14:28
RoG PE is cool, nice dmg output... but well its harder to aim with as pistols ..

Mr_Snow
09-02-04, 14:32
Originally posted by Dissenter
You mean you prefer to stealth? :p

Since when does liking hightech weapons mean you have to use stealth?

Some people actually use hightech weapons but dont even have stealth in their quickbelts.

Dissenter
09-02-04, 14:32
Really? Name some? :p

Mr_Snow
09-02-04, 14:36
My pistol spy doesnt stealth I would rather fight and die with her and on my PE I rarely use stealth and only to jump people so its normally left in the gogo and He was pure lowtech until I realised that the paineaser got stealth nerfed a good while ago.

Nightbrother
09-02-04, 14:37
Really? Name some? :p

Me. :D

I'd also rather prefer to take the fight, and try to run away if it's going bad. I dislike stealth, at least on my PE.

Punisher-X
09-02-04, 14:39
Nightbrother, when u say run away, to you leave the battle totally, or run away, heal, then comeback?

Nightbrother
09-02-04, 14:45
Originally posted by Punisher-X
Nightbrother, when u say run away, to you leave the battle totally, or run away, heal, then comeback?

That depends on the opposition. If I think I have 0,29% chance of winning I'll probably go back and probably die. I don't mind dying, cause I poke, which is wonderful.

I also love hiding in strange places while healing, so people can't find me. Although it's not often that fighting takes place near good hiding places. :)

The thing is, if I decide to fight I most often wont have a chance of running away before dying, if the fight goes badly.

Punisher-X
09-02-04, 14:47
The main complaint against PEs have stealth, is the pussies that do stealth, heal, and go back and fight.
If ur gonna die, then just f'ing die like a man. Failing that, stealth, GR home, and get some skills.

Dissenter
09-02-04, 14:48
lol spoken like a true prodigy.

So Nightbrother, your a hightech rifle pe. and you poke too??

And you PvP with that char?

KramerTheWeird
09-02-04, 16:09
I'm suprised at some of these replies.

RoG is definitly viable, but don't let other's opinions sway you from going that far. I have known PE's to be effective with disruptor even. It should be about a matter of taste and preference more than anything.

Nightbrother
09-02-04, 16:16
lol spoken like a true prodigy.

So Nightbrother, your a hightech rifle pe. and you poke too??

And you PvP with that char?

Since when can't a PE poke and have at least 150 in weaponlore also? You think a pistol PE needs more than 100 in weaponlore? Did you automatically assume I was a rifle PE ?

Nope, I'm not a rifle PE.

Lemme see if I can find more facts about my char, so you can leap upon them and tell me about it, sir. Haha. Many people really dislike chars that don't have cookie cutter set-ups. So what if I experiment a bit. As long as I have fun, and do reasonably well, I don't care how much I may or may not die.

KramerTheWeird
09-02-04, 16:21
OMG A PE THAT POKES AND USES RIFLES!! THAT'S CRAZZZZY but check this out...

I poked tl 115 and hacked ops and... SHOCK.. used a pistol too!..... IN PVP!! (huge subtitles "OMG WTF HAX")

SURELY HE'S MAD

nah I could never be THAT bad, THAT'S CRAZY it's not like I'm a melee PE that drives or anything. oh wait I am.. hmm oh well :)

L0KI
09-02-04, 16:24
Keiron said STEALTH NERF.

Stealth nerf = unannounced nerf.

RoG damage output does SEEM lower, but i may simply be in comparison to all other guns.

Ive just gone back to RoLH since its damage nerf - as I seem to be one of the only ones using it now :D

The new cookie cutter weapon is the Judge ;)

RoG is SLIGHTLY harder to aim with than RoLH, but it is still a raygun, once ur locked, ur locked :)

Edit: @ Kramer - WOW! you have a melee PE??? :D

Mine uses Energy Soulblade/BoC, TL 100 Hack, TL 84 Poke, 61 VHC, all the rest of dex in agil - so he is super fast - and can have lower athletics for better resists

Fun as hell huh? :lol:

J. Folsom
09-02-04, 16:26
Originally posted by Nightbrother
As long as I have fun, and do reasonably well, I don't care how much I may or may not die. But isn't it a pain waiting for a resurrection...

Or wait...

No, it can't be...

YOU ACTUALLY GENREP AFTER DIEING!!1/!?!?

:p

Nightbrother
09-02-04, 16:27
Originally posted by KramerTheWeird
OMG A PE THAT POKES AND USES RIFLES!! THAT'S CRAZZZZY but check this out...

I poked tl 115 and hacked ops and... SHOCK.. used a pistol too!..... IN PVP!! (huge subtitles "OMG WTF HAX")

SURELY HE'S MAD

nah I could never be THAT bad, THAT'S CRAZY it's not like I'm a melee PE that drives or anything. oh wait I am.. hmm oh well :)

OMG you must be incredibly nuts. Or maybe just inventive. ;)

That like means that you like dont like have a good setup, foo. And then you suck, ok? And there can be no doubt about that, and I dont care what anyone says, cause I refuse to discuss in a constructive manner. Noob.

Nightbrother
09-02-04, 16:29
Originally posted by J. Folsom
But isn't it a pain waiting for a resurrection...

Or wait...

No, it can't be...

YOU ACTUALLY GENREP AFTER DIEING!!1/!?!?

:p

I own many shares in the company that makes the GenRep's, k? :D

And I like the tingly feeling of my newly replicated body. Especially if I GR to my apt., where it's warm and fuzzy.

Hey Folsom, it's not Wednesday today, so the kids don't get off early. Get to work staring down the kids in the hallways!!!!!!!!11!!!1!!!!!!!!1!!!1!!onehundredeleven!!11!!!!!!½

KramerTheWeird
09-02-04, 16:35
Originally posted by L0KI
Fun as hell huh? :lol:

That like means that you like dont like have a good setup, foo. And then you suck, ok? And there can be no doubt about that, and I dont care what anyone says, cause I refuse to discuss in a constructive manner. Noob.

Yes, exactly.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/kramertheweird/forum_pics/meleepowa.jpg

Don't get caught up in setup just try to have fun! :)

L0KI
09-02-04, 16:46
hmm, ur setup seems v similar. Your quickbelt is identical to mine, along with ur HP, AND your mana O_o

I just realised my melee PE no longer pokes - more psi use, nice dmg boost (5 slot) ;)

ATM, if you play well, Melee PE IS better than melee tank.

Dribble Joy
09-02-04, 16:50
Originally posted by L0KI
The new cookie cutter weapon is the Judge ;)

*sniff* so true... I r no longer special...

Psyco Groupie
09-02-04, 16:53
xantor reckons rog wasnt changed ... since that and the term is all he uses i kinda believe him

imo it was just an aiming change for all guns ? .. meh who cares

KramerTheWeird
09-02-04, 16:57
When trike first came out I went this setup however went full h-c. I got about 144 h-c and it was nice using a speedgat except for moving soo slow. I lom'd back to rifles and then went to pistols, so when I finally came back to this setup I had 73 DEX lol. Now that TSG has increased I may be inclined to try again but this time I'll put more points in weapon lore, maybe all but minimal PSU if I can afford it. No hack then, though :/. But I'm not so much a melee or heavy combat PE as I am a dedicated driver so having more h-c bonus would improve vehicle weapons too.

Loki I tend to agree with you but it's only because we can cast damage boost effectively as well as keep heals going.

Psyco Groupie
09-02-04, 17:00
you fighting a hybrid there ?

PE vs. Hybrid must be the longest fight since ww2 depending on the hybrids heal :)

but a melee tank should be able to outdmg a hybrids heal and not die before they can kill the hyb

Tycho C
09-02-04, 17:02
I love low tech. I hate how every other wep seems to have gotten boosted but the friggin' Pain Easer.

Anyway, I poke 115 as a Lowtech Rifler. IT's fine. As long as you have an artifact PE and a steady hand you'll do good. I'm still working on the steady hand.

But yes there's def a diff. But I don't have to go looking for pokes when I die. :)

KramerTheWeird
09-02-04, 17:02
Yes I was fighting a hybrid, and it wasn't as long of a fight as you may think.

J. Folsom
09-02-04, 17:04
Hey Folsom, it's not Wednesday today, so the kids don't get off early. Get to work staring down the kids in the hallways!!!!!!!!11!!!1!!!!!!!!1!!!1!!onehundredeleven!!11!!!!!!½ I'm mentally preparing for the camera crew coming here soon to interview freaks of nature! Or, wait.... No... I mean, interview people who work with "special" children.

Zeph0n
09-02-04, 18:01
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
*sniff* so true... I r no longer special...

It is sad. I go into NF to duel some people and theres 3 PE's in there all using judges who i know for sure didnt use them before. Damn bastards turning me into a cookie cutter.

Mr. Chainsaw
09-02-04, 18:18
Thanks for the opinions and comments everyone but...how did this turn into a stealth rant???

evs
09-02-04, 18:31
RoG pe's are great.

Also i stealth loads, always have done, always will do.
It's what pe's do.

If players dont want to stealth, thats up to them.

But i guarantee as soon as i get hit by something that jumped on me without me knowing - its straight to stealth to scope it out and start thinking about my counter attack.

Asking pe's not to use stealth is like asking monks not to para.
They will as most pe's.

I do have respect for the low tech users out there, but i do prefer life to death :)

Keiron
09-02-04, 22:10
Originally posted by KramerTheWeird
I have known PE's to be effective with disruptor even. It should be about a matter of taste and preference more than anything.
Healing Light is the new uber PE druggie weapon. :D

KramerTheWeird
10-02-04, 00:19
You don't have to drug for HL to be effective with it. A PE can work with a SH even without drugs.

Ark
10-02-04, 00:37
Kramer check the pimp forums i needed help on something