PDA

View Full Version : Sucked the fun out of mob hunting... intensional?

MjukisDjur
08-02-04, 20:06
When I use HL on a mob everything between 75 and 300 pops up. Most likely about 150 average. We are talking one shot per sec here. Not 120/60

When using my FA about 80 pops up and then like 50 50 50 or something.

Seriously, my spy kills sooo much faster its not even funny. Is this shit intensional or did it come from 195/196 as a bug?
I tried hybrid which was beaten to death with the nerf bat and lomed back to apu and my damage % isnt the best but what the hell...?

/me sobs and surfs instead...

MjukisDjur
08-02-04, 21:48
Gr to gab, walk all the way to crp, go into cave at crp, hit some mobs, get stuck, killed, choose genrep, locked. sigh.
This game hangs on a very thin thread right now...

Lifewaster
08-02-04, 22:25
It can be frustrating for normal levelling players at times with the locked GRs....but they are needed for clan conflict I guess.

I'd suggest use the TG cave if you can. Its a lot closer to a open GR.

And use holy energy barrels if u can in there they are better exp anyway than the HL , just HL if a mob charges u etc..

Organics
08-02-04, 22:28
Yeah I'm not that big of a fan of locked GR's either, but it's no particular hardship to walk a sector or 2.

Hell, apart from one char at the beginning where someone drove me to TH, I've ran all my chars to TH, MB, TG areas, etc. Only big area I haven't looked at is near DoY. Looks dangerous :)

Lifewaster
08-02-04, 22:42
Originally posted by Organics
Yeah I'm not that big of a fan of locked GR's either, but it's no particular hardship to walk a sector or 2.

You'd maybe be suprised how much some ppl hate manual walking, I personally detest it, I will sooner GR and wait out synap then run one zone. For example to get back to TH from f_08 (one zone east) its faster for me to auto run directly north to gabanium mine then Gr to TH , than navigate the mountains back and the stairs, doors etc on way in .....

:p

metalangel
09-02-04, 20:08
If they put a GR into the TH faction office, I know for a fact I'd GR to it instead of having to run down those 20 miles of corridors and climb up that huge vertical shaft again... it would be worth 1k,

Endar
09-02-04, 23:21
Blah you guys are just lazy :p I actually love to travel out there in the wilderness, you can find many interesting locations if you just check those old buildings out, or just wander around sniping mobs 20-40 ranks better than you :D im rank 22 right now and Laucher Cyclops are piece of cake to me, and i have hunted down one Warbot (thou it took almost an hour to do so, and i didnt have enought points in hacking so i couldnt open it, but it was still worth it :) ).

Psyco Groupie
09-02-04, 23:48
so in other words you a lazy low'ish level apu using a spell that you cant run/cast so leveling is more difficult than helpful oh and you cant be arsed to run anywhere cos you didnt know stamina booster 2 existed

subsys
10-02-04, 00:10
one word, hovertec

theres nothing like blasting across a zone in no time at all, feeling the wind on your PA, the hum of the engines and watching all you fa enemys going "who was that, im sure he is...."

borl
10-02-04, 00:58
Originally posted by subsys
one word, hovertec

theres nothing like blasting across a zone in no time at all, feeling the wind on your PA, the hum of the engines and watching all you fa enemys going "who was that, im sure he is...."

You forgot to add "and crashing every two or three zones"!

Only joking, single person transport is a lot better now :)

sanityislost
10-02-04, 01:01
well now that ive gotten used to the whole GR thing i really dont have a problem with it cause it makes the game seem bigger and thats what neocron will be needing for the new players

subsys
10-02-04, 01:04
Originally posted by borl
You forgot to add "and crashing every two or three zones"!

Only joking, single person transport is a lot better now :)

saying that, i crossed the map the other day, was on the hovertech up by eastgate (nice little firemob spot up there) went through a sync and was in regent fortress looking like a ppu monk, with buffs up (still looked like a tank to everyone else tho)

Lifewaster
10-02-04, 04:12
Originally posted by subsys
one word, hovertec

Well if vehicles had FIRST PERSON VIEW , or a LOCKABLE CAMERA in the third person view for steering, I would love them , I remember saving up for a bike on my tank months ago, only to get on it and go wtf is this about ?

Never used a vehicle since then and never will probably.

amfest
10-02-04, 04:35
Well if vehicles had FIRST PERSON VIEW , or a LOCKABLE CAMERA in the third person view for steering, I would love them , I remember saving up for a bike on my tank months ago, only to get on it and go wtf is this about ?

not skilled enough to control camera and steer at the same time? :D
yea I can see how some people would like a locked camera although I like to be able to drive forward and be able to look around behind me to see those fireballs chasing after me

Lifewaster
10-02-04, 04:42
Originally posted by amfest
not skilled enough to control camera and steer at the same time? :D
yea I can see how some people would like a locked camera although I like to be able to drive forward and be able to look around behind me to see those fireballs chasing after me

Well I said Lockable, not Locked :p , so you can still look around when you want to and like that system.

Actually would be cool to have the camera lock/unlockable in both 3rd person modes, driving and foot .........would be cool to be able move the camera about and see your avatar when hes hanging etc....but could you imagine what APUs would do with this lol. So I guess not :(

MjukisDjur
10-02-04, 11:02
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
so in other words you a lazy low'ish level apu using a spell that you cant run/cast so leveling is more difficult than helpful oh and you cant be arsed to run anywhere cos you didnt know stamina booster 2 existed

Who, me?

Im base 94...