View Full Version : Flash granades

cRazy2003
08-02-04, 19:45
howdy,

i know granades havnt really been looked into much since as most can tell u that they suck (the hand thrown ones)
i was thinking about flash granades. so when someone throws one and ur in the granades range or ur in sight with the nade it may slow u down a bit, give a little of the drunken effect, nerf your sound for a while or something, i also think it wud be kool if it had the effect of call of duty when u get hit by a tank shell if anyone knows wot i mean.
most may think it isnt a good idea but i think it might make tanks use granades a bit more now and hopefully they will get a boost in the future

Cyphor (Ash)
08-02-04, 19:48
Yeah, that'd be pretty neat... But annoying when in a party. Team-mates could be struck and stuff like that, and PvM would need more scripting so the mob would fire blindly, shuffle around confused etc. However, I like the idea of grenades being used stragetically, nice idea.

Lathuc
08-02-04, 19:50
what about a concussion gren that wouldn't do grat damage but whould push everyon in range 5-10 meters or something

naimex
08-02-04, 19:53
Originally posted by Lathuc
what about a concussion gren that wouldn't do grat damage but whould push everyon in range 5-10 meters or something

how about it just giving drug flash ?

LTA
08-02-04, 19:53
Make a rare one

like The Vandiliser or something.
Make it look like a petrol bomb with the burning rag in the bottle and when you fling it where it lands it creates a firestorm style effect.
Make the dmg less than fs but make the stacks stack on quicker so more stacks than fs less dmg etc.
COuld have poison gas ones where they do pestilence style etc... there's plenty of room for nades.... and nade launchers :p

Matthew.v.smith
08-02-04, 20:24
Yeah come to think of it.
Wheres the Rare Grenades??

If u get rare drones that only need like 3 parts to make why not Grenades?

Pulverisor - Tl xxx Creates a large static shock pushing people back and giving a large Electric jolt tempoarily imparing movement.
(Stacks if u enter AOE) (Make heavy) (Same effect as capped HP)

Distortion - Tl xxx Creates a Feild of highly contageous nerve gas causing all who enter Watering eyes and distorted vision. (Stacks in AOE) (Same effect as mild drug haze)

Smasher - Tl xxx A massive concussive blast is released when the grenade makes impact causing terrible injurys and burns
in some cases loss of body parts is also a possibility.
(Causes damage similar to the Kami drones) (Make them VERY heavy so no one can exploit and carry about 10 to do serious damage :p) (and if necesary make it a very high str Rec 117 maybe.

And finaly

Catastrophe - Tl xxx Causes a large assortment of flames to engulf the area that the grenade hits which burn with great ferocity!.
Massive burns are the Effect.
(Stacks in AOE and also has the same Damage effect of a capped FA) (make em VERY heavy so u cant carry more than 1)

Hope these are good.

Matty.
:angel:

Psyco Groupie
08-02-04, 20:27
I didnt even read what you said, no .

Psyco Groupie
08-02-04, 20:29
err no this isnt counter strike

LTA
08-02-04, 20:58
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie

lol

But it's getting there ! :p

Matthew.v.smith
08-02-04, 21:02
No its not Counterstrike its Neocron.

and since neocron has grenades we might aswell make em usefull.

Matty.:angel:

Cyphor (Ash)
08-02-04, 21:05
But it's getting there ! :p [/B]

Assault rifles, silencers, pistols, uzis, sniper rifles, genrep campers, ONOZ NERF TEH GUNS... I see your point.

Milksh@ke
08-02-04, 21:07
v.nice ideas, and a rare gren launcher wouldn't go amiss either for the rifle types.

parashock gren *shudder* horrible thought

Matthew.v.smith
08-02-04, 21:08
Originally posted by Milksh@ke
v.nice ideas, and a rare gren launcher wouldn't go amiss either for the rifle types.

parashock gren *shudder* horrible thought

Hehe yeh but grenades are in need of a boost and maybe this is what they need to be ub3r :D

Matty.:angel:

Benjie
08-02-04, 21:23
I didnt even read what you said, no .

Ah yes.

The old "no this isn't counterstrike" argument.
I can see my list ranks that as the fith lamest argument in a forum thread, above the good old "no, this isn't Starwars Galexies" argument but below the "but I don't wanna be nerfed!!!11" argument.

WebShock
09-02-04, 04:58
i dont like the flashbang idea

but the concussion that pushes someone away 1-20 m is awesome
what better way to get someone away from you when you are parashocked.

i actually think thats a great idea

or how about a weapon to fight zerg? got 15 inbound baddies into your op? you and a turret? where are my concussion grenades? need to make time for my clan to organize!
great

lots of great ideas.

ServeX
09-02-04, 05:09
I remember hearing a while back that they exist but I'm not sure if they actually drop ingame. I think it's sort of like the movement mines in that they're around, but you can't get them sort of. I might be mistaken for smoke grenades, but I know its either smoke or flash.

KramerTheWeird
09-02-04, 05:10
There IS a flashbang so to speak ingame that also deals good damage, you just have to be inguitive and have people test to find out what I'm talking about :)

amfest
09-02-04, 08:30
heh .. I recall someone talking about freezer weapons in early beta ..and they said freezer weapons used to make people go flying away like pool balls .. lol . .something about shooting in a group and everyone went flying

as for hte rare grenade didn't someone say that the TG epic reward is going to be a rare grenade? .. I could be wrong