PDA

View Full Version : Why is saturn so unstable?

Psychoninja
08-02-04, 11:18
For the last week or two I've been playing on saturn. Half the time I'm having problems synching, lagging out, crashing, etc

I log on pluto today and run around pp and go around the wastelands for a spin and I did not lag, crash, or synch out once. If I stay in one zone too long there is a 80% chance I'll crash going into the next zone, or gring. Can the servers even handle 300 people?

edit:
not to mention all the rollbacks and items losses they've had.

tuxy
08-02-04, 11:20
Originally posted by Psychoninja
. Can the servers even handle 300 people?

it would appear not, saturn was ok untill recently a few newbies joined + some old ppl came back

Punisher-X
08-02-04, 13:15
Yep, its time to break open the piggy bank, and put that extra 8MB memory chip in the server :D

Darth Slayer
08-02-04, 13:36
Makes a change from Uranus being Fubar........:p

Ghost_Shifter
08-02-04, 13:40
Yep, it's pretty FUBAR. crashes and syncs are happening all the time now making the game very frustrating to play :(

I got a new bug that freezez my PC when I select a char from the menu. I then have to reboot PC. I'd say I have to do that at least twice a night.

Furion
08-02-04, 13:49
Originally posted by Ghost_Shifter

I got a new bug that freezez my PC when I select a char from the menu. I then have to reboot PC. I'd say I have to do that at least twice a night.

that happens to me also when i change accounts, and try to log in before my other char has vanished.

alig
08-02-04, 13:57
Originally posted by Darth Slayer
Makes a change from Uranus being Fubar........:p

Wot do ya mean, uranus still is fubarared :p

Well great, the only 2 servers i play and the both of them are fucked :mad:

s0apy
08-02-04, 14:00
Originally posted by Punisher-X
Yep, its time to break open the piggy bank, and put that extra 8MB memory chip in the server :D

i still have my VIC20's 16K ram pack i paid 130 quid for back in '82 that KK can have. every little helps.

Endar
08-02-04, 14:00
/me is going to start a new char on Pluto... Feck the Saturn anyway, i dont understand why ppl want to play on that server...

Rai Wong
08-02-04, 14:13
onoz pentium 166mhz is failing

ezza
08-02-04, 14:15
Originally posted by Endar
/me is going to start a new char on Pluto... Feck the Saturn anyway, i dont understand why ppl want to play on that server... cos its teh leetest server

Psyco Groupie
08-02-04, 14:20
Originally posted by Furion
that happens to me also when i change accounts, and try to log in before my other char has vanished.

hit ctrl + alt + del - then alt + e twice ... the pc hasnt crashed nc has

Psychoninja
08-02-04, 14:21
Originally posted by Rai Wong
onoz pentium 166mhz is failing

Maybe they can have mine =O
It's holding the door to my room open.

Pluto is so much more stable than saturn from what I've noticed between the two.

J. Folsom
08-02-04, 15:04
Originally posted by Psychoninja
Can the servers even handle 300 people? Should be able to, that is, I've never seen any stability complaints about Jupiter, and Jupiter has a lot of people on all the time as well.

Personally, I'd guess that the fact that there's been no inactive character wipes since retail started is causing the problems on the multi-character servers, and the servers don't really have enough space anymore to effectively handle all the data they're supposed to handle.

Uranus has had those kind of problems for a longer time since Uranus is an older server then Saturn.

EDIT: I'm having no problems myself on Saturn when it comes to stability, so unsure whether or not it's anything KK can do anything about.
Might be a router your connection goes through if you're in UK/US which is being messed up.
MORE EDIT: Though that's unlikely too, considering all servers would appear to have unstability issues then...

Tratos
08-02-04, 15:36
Yeah erm go play Saturn its far better than Uranus......

yes, my plan is coming together Uranus will be less fubar with everyone on saturn :p

just j/king, but yeah it seems they really do need a massive server + netcode update with DOY if they expect people to stay with the game

~Tratos

GT_Rince
08-02-04, 20:13
Originally posted by ezza
cos its teh leetest server

Ahahhhaha aha ha ha ahh ha!

Pluto > All (especially Saturn)

:D

Ezza - face facts bud ;)