PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle despawn time

Lanigav
08-02-04, 10:50
Is it REALLY necessary to have to wait an hour or more for your vehicle to despawn once you tell it to at a vehicle station? I see no other reason for it other than to cause grief for the vehicle user.

A few friends and I went to go warbot hunting, but because we're FA and GR to anywhere, we had to use vehicles. Well, unfortunately my vehcile ended up in the ass of some zone after zoning, and I couldn't find it, and instead of just despawning and respawning it, I had to slow the rest of my team down by walking everywhere instead.

numb
08-02-04, 13:08
It's annoying how it doesnt always work. If it did, I think it's normally only a 30 minute wait until is returned to the depot, so it's often not even worth looking for it if u lost it.

I foolishly drove my hovertech (on my spy) through a load of Y Reps - I got killed, and the next day my hovertech was still 'in action' - luckily by that point I'd levelled enough to use stealth so I was able to get it back (it was bang in the middle of about 10 Y Reps/Commanders0.

Pinman
08-02-04, 13:33
I found a vehicle trap in the mountains near MC5, in which my Hovertech now resides. 48hours and counting...

Birkoff
08-02-04, 13:49
HAve a back up vehicle.. or 10.

Dazist
08-02-04, 14:49
Vehicles despawn quite fast but I think the despawn timer only counts down when there is someone the zone.

Archeus
08-02-04, 15:03
Originally posted by Dazist
Vehicles despawn quite fast but I think the despawn timer only counts down when there is someone the zone.

yep exactly. So just sit in the zone for a while and it will despawn.

Personally I think your better off just buying a couple of the same crafts so you have spares.

Keyol45743241
08-02-04, 15:56
I am a Droner and usually loathe despawned vehicles. I park my bike a sector away, PK for a while and when I return, it's gone. :(

They should make it different. No automatic despawn, but instead you have to go to a Warp Garage, klick the "despawn" button (to be implemented :D) and after half an hour, it is in the Garage again. If you made it that way, you could deactivate the stupid destruction protection, if you care about your vehicle, you have it despawned ASAP. And another advantage, you can log out whereever you like and find your Hover sitting next to you, when you come back later.... if no vandal has found it ;)