Bl@zed
08-02-04, 09:14
should it be spy only? yes or no

i think it should

your thoughts? :)

Shadow Dancer
08-02-04, 09:17
No.

But I think stealth 1 should be unusable at 50% health or lower. Pes shouldn't be using it as a cheesy get out of jail free card whenever they want.

:angel:

Bl@zed
08-02-04, 09:39
yeah that would be cool, or, make stealth have some sort of delay in between uses for a pe.
cause IMO, stealth is just a way for lazy people who make shitty pe's, viable in pvp (somewhat) :p

BombShell
08-02-04, 09:47
just hav it remove their damn buffs how ezy is that.
remove buffs such as:

Deflector
Shelter
Heal
Heal Santums
Resis Booster
Combat Boosters

Allows them not to use stleath as a combat weapon with out being weak like a spy only as a defence tool.

And no run heals and cloak away and come back to bug now they have to stop and do everything all over. And when they attack 2 choices attack with buffs allowing u to see them before they hit or have a weaker defense and sneak upon someone's ass.

Kasumi
08-02-04, 09:47
I think stealth needs to be completely redone :)

Shadow Dancer
08-02-04, 09:50
I like bombshell's idea as well.

Bl@zed
08-02-04, 09:53
Originally posted by Kasumi
I think stealth needs to be completely redone :)

stealth is fine imo, for a spies use.
But the way they made it for pes, has just created the biggest amount of pe stealth whores its unbelievable. pe's use of stealth is what needs to be done.

another good way of solving it, is maybe making a stealth for pes thats even low tl than the stealth 1, but make it last for 5 seconds, make that pe specific, and then the other 4 + obliterator spy specific...your thoughts? ;)

Kasumi
08-02-04, 09:54
Check Brainport in a few minutesa nd you will see my thoughts :P

Bl@zed
08-02-04, 09:54
also give pe's a penalty for using the stealth as well, like maybe not being able to heal for 5-10 seconds after each use, or something like that

Bl@zed
08-02-04, 09:57
Originally posted by Kasumi
Check Brainport in a few minutesa nd you will see my thoughts :P

haha, will do :D

BombShell
08-02-04, 09:58
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
I like bombshell's idea as well.

hehe fixed up my post a bit.

mostly because someone likes it :)

extract
08-02-04, 09:59
http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=90172

superfresh
08-02-04, 10:30
No. Stealth is fine now. In order for a PE to use stealth 2, they're going to have to gimp a lot of con & dex.

God forbid someone other than a monk is able to wreak some havoc out there. If you're a HL monk or a CS/Devourer tank, then you shouldn't be having issues anyway. And a non-droning spy can out-stealth anyone anyway.

I'm thinking of riflers, so if anything, maybe some reqs should be boosted for pistolers. Being a PE shouldn't automatically mean Liberator. Variety is good. As of now a rifling PE needs stealth much more than a pistoler. A rifle PE would not beat a pistol PE of the same skill IMO. If a change is made, then just rename "Private Eye" to "Pistoler."

Psyco Groupie
08-02-04, 10:36
I think stealth is fine, as a hacker on my PE i'd say stleath was an inportant part of my op setup ... ie im not super strong yet so once ive hacked I wanna disapear.
<rant> its a shame some people stealth > sewer > heal > stealth >surface > get hit once > stealth .. but nothing can be done - they arent gonna be any use in op fights so let em be a lemon in pepper </rant>

VetteroX
08-02-04, 10:37
put a 10 second recharge timer between stealthings on all stealth and its problem solved.

Leebzie
08-02-04, 12:14
Regardless to balance issues...

Why is stealth all of a sudden the incarnate of the devil ?

It didnt get boosted in any way, but suddenly people are focusing on it like they did with monks ? Out of the blue... please link me threads from the months between stealths release and monk nerf, claiming it was overpowered.

Anyway the increased int on the stealth makes it difficult to get past stealth 1 as a PE anyway.

*shrugs* I dont know the circumstances of the poster, so im not suggesting this is true. I get the feeling the when people rant on the forums about nerfing, they just got killed by x class, and say they should be nerfed, instead of getting out and killing that person. During the months people spent 50% of thier neocron time on the forum ranting about monks, I was trying to get enough skill to outright beat them. I still feel they're overpowered in ways, but I dont spend my time ranting about it, Im trying to fight better.

kthx. :angel:

Mirco
08-02-04, 12:37
Originally posted by Leebzie
Regardless to balance issues...

Why is stealth all of a sudden the incarnate of the devil ?

It didnt get boosted in any way, but suddenly people are focusing on it like they did with monks ? Out of the blue... please link me threads from the months between stealths release and monk nerf, claiming it was overpowered.

Anyway the increased int on the stealth makes it difficult to get past stealth 1 as a PE anyway.

Lol dude. Its about priorities. Monks was on top of nerf list because problems related to them generated the most frustration and grinding of teeth. Now I have tried to kill some stealthing PE`s and boy is that frustrating. Probably the one thing in NC that makes me the most angry these days. I think its the explanation that this subject has gotten alot of interest now. I think I have read some threads about stealthing PE`s being overpowered earlier, but I can`t find them. Anyways the stealth nerf must have come from somewhere, right?

10 seconds of stealth is more than enough for characters as fast as pistol PE`s. It wont do you much good in the desert, but when you get some hills and holes in the ground its not that hard to run of in some direction, unstealth put on a heal, stealth and keep moving.

DestructionUK
08-02-04, 12:44
imo stealth is fixed now, its shorter and harder to use for PE's tanks and monks can still kill a PE before he has a chance to stealth and both monks and tanks have poison weapons that leave a nice trail on a stealthing target and continue to deal damage.

bashing stealth because somone you wanked to gank got away is a bit lame im sure people youve killed vs people that have stealthed and gotten away is quite a bit smaller. at least with stealth PE's become viable to use at an op against all the tanks and monks.

stop being swore loosers and try harder next time :P

funkeymonkey
08-02-04, 13:28
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Pes shouldn't be using it as a cheesy get out of jail free card whenever they want.

Aye too right, usually if im dueling a pe and there about to die they stick the old stealth on and run away, as a monk all i can do is barrel em which cant be done on the run, atlest when your a tank you can fire your cs at them. I would like to see stealth taken off PE's all together. They dont need it as they have got decent defensives in the first place.

Originally posted by DestructionUK
bashing stealth because somone you wanked to gank got away

Cant say ive ever gone to thoses lengths to gank somebody :p

Dissenter
08-02-04, 14:11
I think what the should have done is raised the INT reqs by 10, not 5.

A PE can get 65 INT easily, and still have room for a PP and MOVEON.

70 can still be attainable, but at the possible sacrifice of another brainslot, if you dont have a SF + SA.

Makes them take more damage, but tbh, the majority of stealthing PEs run off in stealth as soon as you get them below 50%.

Kasumi
08-02-04, 14:21
Go read my changes to the Stealth tools and they should fix everyones problem!!!!!