PDA

View Full Version : Noob monkeh

Glok
08-02-04, 07:58
Are the multi-bolt-lightning modules as good as the barrels? I tried both and really, the barrels are easier to use. The multi-bolts are a tad glitchy.

/noob monk

edit: however... the old problem of mobs in walls.... the multis take care of that shit.

Bl@zed
08-02-04, 08:19
yeah, definetly go with the barrels, the multi lightning bolts are shit IMO :)

mabus
08-02-04, 08:23
only APU spells to use while leveling: enrgy bolt, holy energy bolt, energy halo, holy energy halo, energy beam.

or at least i think so

I assume you are not talking about PvP?

iainy13
08-02-04, 08:30
Multi energy bolts are direct damage and aoe plus you dont have to be aiming on somthing to cast it. They do good damage and have lots of aoe, like as much if not more then barrels. I dont know why everyone hates them becouse i gained insane levels with them at crp by casting them into the rooms when ontop of those ledges on the walls. Im still trying to figure out why everyone hates them. Try them for yourself before you say they are horrable becouse lots of weapons are labled as horrable when they are still very viable. Plasma rifle and whyatt earp for instance. Try em for yourself.

Nash_Brigham
08-02-04, 08:38
Probably because ppl are trying to cast it in third person, and like energy barrel, it's one of those spells that castin it in third person just isn't a good idea.

Bl@zed
08-02-04, 08:42
Originally posted by mabus
only APU spells to use while leveling: enrgy bolt, holy energy bolt, energy halo, holy energy halo, energy beam.

or at least i think so

I assume you are not talking about PvP?

don't forget holy energy barrel ;)

mabus
08-02-04, 09:53
Originally posted by Bl@zed
don't forget holy energy barrel ;)

barrels are more of a novelty than a necessity, i could be wrong
(excluding rare barrels of course)

Bl@zed
08-02-04, 09:56
nah, they work wonders for caves, they give so uch xp its insane, especially at higher lvls if you deal the holy t storm + holy energy barrel or holy f storm and holy energy barrel combo ;)

mabus
08-02-04, 09:57
see edit

mods delete this one post

sanityislost
08-02-04, 10:57
well i use the fire ones also cause the dmg stacks left out those multi things all together think the barrels are the best thing for leveling. ya goto el farid throw some barrels into the pits and then just what ur psi exp jump up at insane levels

Glok
08-02-04, 17:57
Thanks guys. :)

Yep, El Farid is my next stop. For now it's launchers, I can down them in about 5 seconds atm with my holy energy halo. 10 more psi for holy energy barrel and I'll never look at another launcher. :D

edit: and, any warbot silly enough to jump me goes down in about 30 seconds. :)

Omnituens
08-02-04, 18:39
5 slot holt multi lightning bolt is very nice

i used to couple the two spells; strafe out, cast some barrels, strafe back, spam multi :p

Glok
08-02-04, 18:48
Originally posted by Omnituens
5 slot holt multi lightning bolt is very niceEgads, I won't be getting a 5 slot anything for a long damn time. Fucking expensive getting BPs and parts for 50 builds. My 3 slot HEH ended up costing me 400k.

msdong
08-02-04, 19:08
Originally posted by Glok
... My 3 slot HEH ended up costing me 400k.

400k ? wow- that conster must have no skil in recyclin the bad stuff :)

the multi energy bold is real cool. if you have LE in its even better.
the last time i was in TG outdoor cave i sit on a rock and cast it for like 20 minutes on that chaos stuff. i should lay a rock on the mouse button next time :)

Carinth
08-02-04, 19:27
Multi Lightning bolt is better, one of my favorite apu spells actualy.

I never used barrel, it's too unpredictable. Most of the time it'd go where I wanted but, it could just as likely hit a wall and end up killing the team. Multi Lightnin bolt though, is instant damage and easy to aim. The tradeoff is with barrel you can cast a couple times then hide while it kills, vs having to be out in the open shooting the multi lightnin bolt. At the Holy level for each, their damage output wasn't that much different the last time I tried them. Barrel costs more to cast, but lasts longer. I even used it in pvp sometimes, since almost noone does, it always suprised people.

Omnituens
09-02-04, 01:57
another advantage of the multi lightning spell is that it works in third person (as in it goes where you aim it, not the floor below you.)

mdares
09-02-04, 07:35
Originally posted by Nash_Brigham
Probably because ppl are trying to cast it in third person, and like energy barrel, it's one of those spells that castin it in third person just isn't a good idea.

they fixed that i think; i tried it last night in 3rd and OMG it works! it didnt cast and my feet and kill my kami ass...

Nash_Brigham
09-02-04, 07:38
Originally posted by mdares
they fixed that i think; i tried it last night in 3rd and OMG it works! it didnt cast and my feet and kill my kami ass... I haven't tried it lately in 3rd person, as using a barrel always yeilded bad experiences in 3rd. Hehe. However, I may try it sometime later.

FatDogg
09-02-04, 10:28
Try using multi bolt in PvP, its funny watching your enemy go blind. Gives you that extra second to stack poison/fire/death on them.