PDA

View Full Version : Ingame Forum Threads Disappearing?

Nysh
08-02-04, 03:45
Has anybody else noticed that since 196 a lot of threads on the ingame forums have been disappearing?

naimex
08-02-04, 03:51
they have done this since patch 190 afaik

2 weeks inactivity or so, and then they get removed ingame.

Tratos
08-02-04, 03:52
i think it was some sort of attempt to make the citycomm less buggy aswell, its a bit of a pain on clan forums tho

meh

~Tratos

sw1tch
08-02-04, 04:13
i know for a clanmate of mine, any posts he makes disapear after 1 hour, its fine for me and the rest of my clan tho

Marx
08-02-04, 04:26
I think the clan forums are bugged.

I know I post stuff on the clan forums and its gone within an hour.

:(

Shujin
08-02-04, 04:27
Originally posted by Marx
I think the clan forums are bugged.

I know I post stuff on the clan forums and its gone within an hour.

:( oh no u got a scat theme now ;O noooo

Marx
08-02-04, 04:28
Originally posted by Shujin
oh no u got a scat theme now ;O noooo

I got 3 PM's asking me if the dude in my previous avvy was me.

Now I hope no one mistakes me for my avvy.

:confused:

Duder
08-02-04, 05:18
Is the scat commando sig a picture of you?

Marx
08-02-04, 05:20
Originally posted by Duder
Is the scat commando sig a picture of you?

negetive

Psychoninja
08-02-04, 05:21
yeah they disappear :(
Sucks be because I've made 2 WTB DS threads :(

Duder
08-02-04, 05:23
negetive

Sorry, the temptation of making a sad funny succeeded.

hooray! :(

Marx
08-02-04, 05:26
Originally posted by Duder

Glok
08-02-04, 05:39
:( :(

Drake6k
08-02-04, 05:40
It's Nid, he deletes them. :(

Artie
08-02-04, 07:37
Originally posted by Drake6k
It's Nid, he deletes them. :(

t0tt3
08-02-04, 08:21
Originally posted by Artie
more :( :( then :(

Nash_Brigham
08-02-04, 08:25
It was in the patch notes for 195 I think. I forget the in game time it says that the posts have till they auto delete, but basically they are doing it to help clear up server memory and reduce the lag generated, and two, probably again helps citycom be less buggy like others have said.

Kr3Yc3K
08-02-04, 11:53
auto-deleting a post after 1 hour is kind of... stupid though isnt it?

and i dont suppose that that is intended ( yes, i am also a victim )

Nash_Brigham
08-02-04, 12:03
Originally posted by Kr3Yc3K
auto-deleting a post after 1 hour is kind of... stupid though isnt it?

and i dont suppose that that is intended ( yes, i am also a victim ) What might be the actual problem is similar to what happens in normal game play. You write the post, but when you submit it, you are out of synch with the server itself. Of course, to you, client side, your post is still there, but on the other hand, to the server the post never existed. It's kinda like that bug where teh server thinks the psi booster 3 or other item is your pants and stuff like that, or even though you pull out those objects, they do not appear in your pack from that mob. Basically, it's a synch issue.

Zaq
08-02-04, 12:07
In my clan forum theres posts from over a YEAR ago, but a ton of recent threads have vanished.

work that one out... :confused: :confused:

Lifewaster
08-02-04, 22:47
WTF is up with neocrom time anyway, who actually makes sense of the dates ? Does anyone have a clue what real world time a specific forum date is ?

No wonder the server has screwed itself up and is deleting the new posts instead of the old ones :p

IMO just change the neocron time to match real world time, for forum posts dates etc , and make daylight and nighttime last one hour each.

Nysh
08-02-04, 23:20
Originally posted by naimex
they have done this since patch 190 afaik

2 weeks inactivity or so, and then they get removed ingame.

No, I'm talking about threads disappearing within an hour or two after they're made.

Kr3Yc3K
09-02-04, 00:05
Originally posted by Nash_Brigham
What might be the actual problem is similar to what happens in normal game play. You write the post, but when you submit it, you are out of synch with the server itself. Of course, to you, client side, your post is still there, but on the other hand, to the server the post never existed. It's kinda like that bug where teh server thinks the psi booster 3 or other item is your pants and stuff like that, or even though you pull out those objects, they do not appear in your pack from that mob. Basically, it's a synch issue.

hmm wrong
reason? i've created a post 2 days ago, several people were replying to the post and i've also received some mails. yesterday i wanted to check the post again and it was gone.

so, you see, i couldnt have been out of sync with the server, therefore it MUST be a serverside bug ( one of the only ones......... :> )