PDA

View Full Version : PE armour, imps + con

Shelty1
08-02-04, 03:39
ok..iv heard pe's can have uber setups regarding resists...however...
iv had a play around with skill manager and cant seem to get anything much good without gimping other skills badly.

anyone feel like sharing there setup..or giving me some pointers..?
this is especially regarding imps + armor setup

Psycho Killa
08-02-04, 03:42
Move on,pp chip, gamma bones and usualy shelter boots are key to a pe.

Possessed
08-02-04, 03:58
It should be pretty easy with the skill manager, not like the good old days when everything was done in notepad and in NF :p

Just make sure you're including shelter and what PK said.....

Shelty1
08-02-04, 12:38
belive me i know how it feels to do it with a note pad and 5 billion clips of plasma wave ammo on my tank, just trying to make this char a bit less painless.

ty for the tips so far ppl

Judge
08-02-04, 14:52
PP chip, Moveon, SF, Exp Ballistic 3.

If you are hightech then Gamma leg, arm, and head bat queen chest

If you are lowtech then all gamma except bat queen chest.

I would use PA 3, inq 2 helm and pants, then holy shelter boots.

Use shelter, deflector (so as to get higher damage % on shelter), pistol/rifle boost 1, basic resist 2 and spy boost 1. Spyboost gives three extra agility, which is always useful. :)

I would use a strengthen heart two, get around 350 to 400 heath. Then just try and get your resists to around 7-6 % and you will be sorted. Try and get energy at 6, with x-ray and fire a little less. If you want you can sacrifice some of this and put some in poison, but tbh if an APU comes up against you with poison beam just run-heal and it will go away, if a tank comes at you with devourer just run, run like fuck.

If I have enough time I'll put the setup in skillmanager for you and post it. I have no problems with people knowing my con setup o_O

Shelty1
08-02-04, 17:17
very helpfull il try that

btw im going Pain easer, pa 3 and stealth 1 (atm).

is it best to just forget about backbone? or str 2 maby?

Glok
08-02-04, 17:29
Don't put 80 points in TC just for stealth alone. Go TC rifles as well, or forget the stealth.

Judge
08-02-04, 17:48
Originally posted by Shelty1
is it best to just forget about backbone? or str 2 maby?

Ack, backbone, sorry I forgot. I would use Exp Reflex booster 4. But some people use the straight reflex booster 4. It all depends on what Int you need.

Psycho Killa
08-02-04, 17:50
Why use batqueen? I hardly go through any stamina boosters on my pistol pe.

Judge
08-02-04, 18:00
Are you using Libby or Pain Easer PK? Because if you are running constantly and firing constantly with those two then it drains so much stamina, and you can only really fit in one stam booster, which can be used 4 times, in a PEs quickbelt. Even with BQ I still use about 2 boosters per duel/one on one fight.

Anyway here is a TC Rifle PE I concocted for you Shelty. Enjoy:

Setup (http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/gibsnag/setup.JPG)

I wouldn't use this straight off the JPG though.... mess around with it, I'm sure that you can alter it a little bit and improve it, I only spent like 5 mins making it. :)

L0KI
08-02-04, 18:01
I dont use shelter boots

I dont use PP resistor

I use BQ chest

Im sure 99.9% of the server I play on will back me up when i say i have pretty damn good resists.

The skill manager is CRAP imho :p

Judge
08-02-04, 18:06
Without my trusty PP resistor I think I would probably be fucked :p

Though I'm intregued.... I shall attempt to make a good setup without using Holy shelt boost or PP resistor :)

Psycho Killa
08-02-04, 18:13
No I dont use those im high tech.

How can you only fit one stamina booster?

Gun
Heal
Shelter
Deflector
Damage boost

That leaves 5 spots for
Stamina
De buff pills

Glok
08-02-04, 18:16
You forgot heal sanctum and BRB2 and pistol/rifle 1 and possibly spy1.

Judge
08-02-04, 18:19
My quickbelt:

1)Gun
2)Pistol1
3)Heal
4)Resist booster
5)Shelter
6)Deflector
7)Spy booster 1
8)Hack tool
9)Stam booster
0)Anti-para (dunno wether its still needed after last patch)

Also if you are hightech then Judge/RoLH don't use up stamina, Libby and PE do. Alot.

Fez
08-02-04, 19:06
my quickbelt

1)gun
2)heal
3)deflector
4)shelter
5)sta booster
6)sta booster
7)damge blocker
8)anti-para
9)anti-para
10) stealth

Psycho Killa
08-02-04, 19:08
Why on gods earth do you waste 3 valuable quickbelt slots witha spell that last 10 minutes?

I didnt forget them on accident I leave them in my inventory o_O

Yea i forgot stealth.

Also hacktool? Put a stam booster there instead and switch it out it takes not even half a second if you practice.

I have a bit of ppu experience with this but my ppu never ever ever carries a buff in his quickbelt except for the split second im using it. It lasts TEN minutes!!!

Possessed
08-02-04, 19:14
Yeah same here PK, people are always bitching that they don't have enough QB space yet they carry longs around in it....o_O

My QB:
1)Gun
2)Stam
3) Stam
4) Stam
5) anti para
6) anti para
7) anti para/long buff/2nd wep
8)blessed deflector
9)Shelter
10) heal

I also have quick slot 10 mapped to 'Q' making it easier to heal midfight....

Psyco Groupie
08-02-04, 19:24
not pvp'd with my pistol PE yet .. and now im back at uni :(

cya at easter uranus

Judge
08-02-04, 20:17
Hey, its just the way that I like it. All easily available, also if I'm being chased somewhere (not being a stealth PE) I need to buff up quickly and be able to see my surroundings as well. Opening the inventory and dragging a spell in then out of my QB is not an option. Spy1 may not be massively important, but my pistolboost and resist booster are, in both pistol and rifle there is a flip point for points to damage %age so the 5 points make a massive difference in damage.

I am not " bitching", I was just trying to help out a guy with a setup and justifying what I do. Just because I don't have PPU experience or spent time "practicing" getting things into and out of my inventory doesn't mean that my setups are any less viable than yours.

s0apy
08-02-04, 20:56
i use my QB the same way judge does. i like to have those boosts handy - it's more important to me to have them handy then some other drugs, boosts or whatever that might replace them.

just playstyle, nothing more. there is no "right" way - that much i definately don't believe in.

on topic, i'd question the usefulness of moveon in a rifle setup. the weapon lore and RC from a dist weapon 3 suits me better. again, this is particular to a rifle setup, since rifles really need the aiming. ultimately, the little extra damage you do with a rifle, and one that aims well at that, compensates fairly well for the slightly less efficient resist setup.

Varaem
08-02-04, 23:06
you cant use holy shelter with pe pa 3 without drugs, it gives - psi.

my setup, which works perfectly for me, is...
1. gun (pain easer / rog / healing light / first love / disruptor)
2. stealth/hack
3. anti para
4. anti db
5. db (if pa3 or less) / 2ndary gun, usually SH
6. heal
7. blessed def
8. shelter
9. rc1/br2/spy1
X. stam booster (bound to mouse3)

shodanjr_gr
08-02-04, 23:11
Hehehe since we are into QBs let me spam my Tank qb:
1.CS
2.Speegun
3.Stamina
4.Stamina
5.Heal
6.Antipara
7.Antipara
8.Antidb
9.Antidote
0.Malediction

Psycho Killa
08-02-04, 23:12
It takes a split second to swap them in no longer really then the time you have to stay still as it boosts. Infact if you do it right you can cast all 3 in a row from the same quickbelt spot without hesitating for a second.

Start casting as its casting drag the spell over to your inventory. When it finnaly casts release the button grab the next pull it over (keep the buffs to the right of your inventory and your inventory next to your quickbelt. Start casting the second one and repeat for #3.

Certainly it depends on play style but I prefer the extra 8 Xray bonus permanetly and using an extra booster if neccesary.

Dribble Joy
09-02-04, 01:05
Originally posted by Varaem
you cant use holy shelter with pe pa 3 without drugs, it gives - psi.

Holy Shelter? with a PE?
You cant use blessed def, but shelt is oly psi 20.
Re. BQ chest over Gamma chest.... bleh personal preference really.
Whether psi boots are better than heavy inq is debetable, but it all depends on ho many points you get out of them, for me psi boots win out overall.

Varaem
09-02-04, 01:09
by holy shelter i meant holy shelter boots, sorry

Ozambabbaz
09-02-04, 01:13
Originally posted by Varaem
by holy shelter i meant holy shelter boots, sorry

DB3 gives neg 3 Psi, boots is Psi 32

pwned a DJ :D

Dribble Joy
09-02-04, 01:13
PEPA3 = -3 psi
shelter boots = 32 psi :D

Varaem
09-02-04, 01:15
hm... i thought it was more than that. ah well. I know you can't with pepa4, which is the only thing ive been using for hte last 3 months