PDA

View Full Version : Why The CityMercs Are Disadvantaged

Genty
07-02-04, 12:40
Ok, when I was a CityMerc I did'nt understand why the Military Base was a constant place that would have PK runs going on in and around, now I have had chance to see it from the other side of the fence, I understand why.

Compared to the other guards that our of of NC factions (FA, TG) the CM ones are easily avoidable, this is due to the landscape of the Military Base area, very smooth compared to the very hilly areas of the canyons and the TH areas. Also, the guards are very....sleepy compared to the others, a TH security turret is likely to pop and fire the crap out of the enemy straight away when seen, TG guards maybe take a second or 2 to respond but the CM guards...well, I have done many attacks of the MB, yet to be attacked by one.

Now, this is not to say that I want the CM guards to be increased to the standards of the others, far from it, I just want them to be leveled out so that it is possible to viably PK somewhere else, other than MB (not that you find anyone in TG anyway o_O ). There should be less TG guards around, I drove into a packet of 4 guards, all massed together one day, not a chance in hell did i have of getting away with the almighty power they punch and the responce times they have, so, how about making areas that used to have lots of guards, have less, then at least there is a chance that people can infiltrait and maybe *shock horror* the TG faction have to defend their canyon themselves.

As for the Tech Haven Turrets, I feel they should have some kind of control room in each of the 3 sectors, this control room should have human guards and a hack panel, the hack panel would disabled the turrets of that sector for 30secs to 1 min and should be hard to hack. 1 person would be unable to do it alone with the guards in there and even with more than 1 it would not be easy. They have to get past the turrets in the first place to disable them.

Anyway, this is why the CityMercs are disadvantaged compared to FA and TG. They have to defend the MB themselves while the guards take care of TH and the canyons leaving more time for things like OP wars for TG and FA.

tuxy
07-02-04, 12:52
bo ho cry me a fucking river
tg guards are even easier to avoid and hurt less
you have the advantage of living in a area thats rich in tech parts now get some leet rares built and defend your base soldier!!

btw tip to people that level ( and end up getting pk'ed ) at mb
its a crap place for exp find somewhere else :)

Genty
07-02-04, 12:58
Originally posted by tuxy

ok, when you read my post maybe i will

Please explain how they are, they generally block the only route through certain areas as there are huge cliffs both sides that are un-climbable, as for hurt less, I did not debate this fact, however much weaker they are than the MB guards, the TG ones actually fire, to get the MB guards to fire you have to stand around for a few mins.

you have the advantage of living in a area thats rich in tech parts now get some leet rares built and defend your base soldier!!

Last time I checked, Pepper Park was not rich is tech parts considering I am not a CityMerc (on Pluto anyway)

Furion
07-02-04, 13:32
i got -99 CM symp, and the guards shoot me pretty much straight away o_O

Sefran
07-02-04, 13:33
I dont see a problem with the CM guards asfaik they hurt, but tg guards do jack shit really compared to others

tuxy
07-02-04, 13:36
Originally posted by Genty
o

Please explain how they are, they generally block the only route through certain areas as there are huge cliffs both sides that are un-climbable, as for hurt less, I did not debate this fact, however much weaker they are than the MB guards, the TG ones actually fire, to get the MB guards to fire you have to stand around for a few mins.

well its hard to explain unless you have been to the canyons but there are so many places to zone to get the guards off your back
i have no problems even with -100 tg symp

Opar
07-02-04, 13:41
You cant even see TG guards shooting you. You just see your health decreasing bit by bit.

tuxy
07-02-04, 13:42
Originally posted by Opar
You cant even see TG guards shooting you. You just see your health decreasing bit by bit.

yup bit by bit as in very slow :) i always watch my hp bar

Opar
07-02-04, 13:45
yup bit by bit as in very slow :) i always watch my hp bar

Try being a monk being shot at by guards in the middle of f12.

Sleawer
07-02-04, 14:11
I see tuxy raiding the canyon alone often.

ezza
07-02-04, 14:24
ugh imo the CM guards hit harder than the TG easy.

i was amazed as i stood there with my melee buffs on and the TG guard was shooting me and i just stood there, only after about 10 shots did i decide to move, i know for fact the merc guards would of destroyed me in that time.

El Barto
07-02-04, 15:06
Originally posted by Sefran
I dont see a problem with the CM guards asfaik they hurt, but tg guards do jack shit really compared to others

lmao, does their shouting make ur ears hurt then, cos thats all the do.

rob444
07-02-04, 15:15
Hehe, I managed to run from fosters to crp with my droner spy with the crappiest consetup ever and WITHOUT stealth. Sometimes I had to run pass 2 guards. When I did this both shot at me, I had 40hp all the way there (scary!). And when I had CRP in sight there was one last guard (even though I had already run past 6 other guards, all been shooting at me and I survived) and he blocked the road. The road or the heavy firemobs, hmmmmmm...... I took the firemobs, TG guards hurt as hell, CM guards do it to but they are lazy and respond very slow. I agree with your thoughts. TG guards see you on an average distance, when I had a TG char and ran around at mb the CM guards didnt have time to respond.

EDIT: btw, mb guards cant even hit a barn from the inside.

Xian
07-02-04, 15:19

Erm. You're missing a point.
TG guards actually shoot. MB guards would be harder - but not impossible - to avoid if they acted like other guards, but they don't. In 8 months or so as a City Merc I've never once seen a guard shoot an enemy unless the guards been shot by said enemy.

btw tip to people that level ( and end up getting pk'ed ) at mb
its a crap place for exp find somewhere else :)

If you're up there PKing, why not tell them yourself.

Morganth
07-02-04, 16:13
Well inside the Saturn MB there have been security turrets and more guards placed on the corners of the stair case that runs around the elevator shaft.

Clownst0pper
07-02-04, 16:17

LMFAO cartel attitude.

I agree, CM have it easy, BD dont even get gaurds in the wastelands, count urselves lucky

Biznatchy
07-02-04, 16:27
I think these are all good points.

The thing that makes this problem more noticable is the plain fact that MB is usefull, as in people need to go there alot. For a few reasons. Leveling warbots and such.

TH slightly usefull. But only two enegy cores that have stuff to level on. Not really a cool place to hang. No map in the nav ray to help get around, few vendors, TH runners are geeks :).

TG Really cool place, kinda hard to learn your way around, nice shops once you find them, Bad low to mid level mobs to level on. But not many hang out there. Its lonely and boring till you get upper 80's in main skills then with ppu support the caves are great for leveling.

So out of the major area's outside NC, MB is the most usefull, or the most used. You have runner activity in the low noob to capped range. So this is why the noob bashers gravetate to MB they like to hide and watch for noobs running to the bunker or for spies going out to do warbots. I saw enemy XP using the hovertec up to the second level thing just last night waiting for easy prey. Pretty lame.

The solution whould be to make changes that would have TH and TG have more mid range stuff for runners to do.

Archeus
07-02-04, 16:52
CM Guards are in fact clones created from the famous cop of them all.. "Dixon of Dock Green". That's why they say things like "I say old chap, hows about being a bit spiffer and not doing that or else I'll be asking you again in about 30 seconds again".

They orginally had them cloned from TJ Hooker but they kept throwing themselves onto Wheelers windows to stop the criminals escaping.

So this is why the noob bashers gravetate to MB they like to hide and watch for noobs running to the bunker or for spies going out to do warbots. I saw enemy XP using the hovertec up to the second level thing just last night waiting for easy prey. Pretty lame.

Actually its because they can't go to TH anymore is the reason it has built up more in MB. Btw, hunting spots work both ways. I sat up on the second tier (which people can walk to btw) and snipered a CS who was trying to PK people at bunker.

VVerevvolf
07-02-04, 17:14

Drive a rhino past ONE tg guard and tell me they don't hurt.
They do more damage than a fucking anti-vehicle launcher :(

tuxy
07-02-04, 18:56
Originally posted by VVerevvolf
Drive a rhino past ONE tg guard and tell me they don't hurt.
They do more damage than a fucking anti-vehicle launcher :(

well i was talking about inside the canyons