PDA

View Full Version : Devourer VS Private Eye

g0rt
07-02-04, 09:08
First things first...this thread is *NOT* a....

Nerf Request
Rant
Complaint
Whine
Etc.

This thread is simply my findings, as a player of both a TANK and a PE, among other classes. (too many tbh :rolleyes: )

Anyway, today a few of us were in NF for a few hours, had some GREAT duels...zoneseek(me), eledhbrant, tuxy, vetterox, sinax, mayhemmike, etc amongst others. As I said, great fights....always close, lots of fun.

There were two PE's there...me and vet. To be completely honest, if those tanks wanted to just use thier devourers, we may as well have packed up our bags and left. Were talking these were GOOD TANKS, that DONT MISS ALOT....no matter how good you can maneuver, these guys can hit you. Again, the two of us that were there on PE's may as well have logged our tanks if those tanks would have busted out thier devourers.

The best part is...one of us had good poison, and stilll...the devourer simply cut through the defenses like butter.

I did a small test....with 15 poison resist in skill, 4 swags of a devourer to the head killed me. Barely, but killed me. That final little DOT finished me off. So I drank a poison resist potion, put on a poison resist belt, and got a PPU to give me a hazard3. I had a total of about 100 if not more poison. The devourer killed me in 7 swags. And after swag 6, I was under 20hp. So Basically there is two swags more you can take by GIMPING YOURSELF in order to have 100 poison resist.

Its just rediculous, something is bugged about that. I mean try a cursed soul. Have 15 energy resist, take a blast, write down the dmg. Now put that 15 energy resist to 100, take a blast, write down the dmg. There will be a HUGE, HUGE difference between the two numbers. HUGE. Whereas, the difference when being hit with a devourer at low or high poison resists is not very much. What gives?

And yes....both our chars have good fire resist. I mean lets be perfectly frank, vet's setups are uber. And I find mine to be uber too, thank you very much. But this devourer is impossible to resist against with a PE, I mean you just can't do it....you are already gimping yourself half way to hell and back by taking 75 poison, and thats nowhere NEARS enough, obviously. Its not worth it for us to GIMP our setups in order for us to BAREALY take 2 more slags from a devourer. Its stupid.

Basically unless im just fighting with friends, I cannot use my PE. I cannot seriously challenge someone to a duel with my PE because if they bust out a devourer, they could be a /48 n00b tank thats been playing for a week, if he knows how to press his left mouse button down and swing his aimer in my general direction, hes gonna win. And its kinda sad when noobs can win just because of thier weapon. :(

Something should be done, I dunno what...but someone on TS said it exactly how it is (cant remember who) and he was 100% right...no one in thier right mind would EVER mod a devourer with anything other then poison. I mean that would be like taking a 1slot cursed soul and modding it with Nova. Stupid, because you're rendering the gun useless. But you do have a nice choice between fire and xray, both are completely viable. But when it comes to the dev....its wargas or nothing. No one sane would pick a different mod, so right there you know somethings up with it.

One last thing....how come at 0 poison resist a poison beam will ******** you, but with 75 poison resist a poison beam is a laughable joke. But with 75 poison resist and good high fire resist, a devourer still outdamages just about everything in the game, possibly everything, including holy lightning?

Doesn't make sense to me....constructive, unbiased comments only please.

BombShell
07-02-04, 09:16
well doesnt dev do 150% more damage up close maybe its that. which needs to be nerfed

its the rog all over agin :)

theirs many things that can be worked around dev with out nerfing it because peeps dont spec posion.

as long as kk dont nerf it because peeps dont spec it ill be happy.

or take all posion damage weapons and make them into xray.

40$Poser
07-02-04, 09:21
didn't have a devourer before the last patch... but from what I've heard the devourer was fine, but this last patch seemed to boost it to where it's l33t deadly. CS seems fine, but devourer is a tad too powerful atm. For it's TL at least.

BombShell
07-02-04, 09:23
yah if it did get a 20% boost then 150% boost up close it is more powerful then before.

Q`alooaith
07-02-04, 09:23
I'd say make the mod's make it do pure damage by type.. So wargas make's it do 100% posion damage..

Then it'd be a little more ballanced, maybe reduce it's damage a little bit too, or make it stack less often, less stack's are good....

g0rt
07-02-04, 09:24
Originally posted by 40$Poser
didn't have a devourer before the last patch... but from what I've heard the devourer was fine, but this last patch seemed to boost it to where it's l33t deadly. CS seems fine, but devourer is a tad too powerful atm. For it's TL at least.

Yes the devourer got a huge boost this patch compared to the last.

And I feel like a moron i really do...i just said to everyone "SPEC POISON YOU IDIOTS" which is definately possible....but its not viable to spec over 75 in my opinion. And the difference between 0 and 75 to the devourer is SO little its just insane.

You gotta spec a good 120+ poison to stop that thing.

Biznatchy
07-02-04, 09:48
Originally posted by Q`alooaith
I'd say make the mod's make it do pure damage by type.. So wargas make's it do 100% posion damage..

Then it'd be a little more ballanced, maybe reduce it's damage a little bit too, or make it stack less often, less stack's are good....

This would just make the problem worse. Its the posion damage thats the problem.

Artie
07-02-04, 10:04
GRR how many posts like this have to exist????

THE CS AND ALL OTHER RARES THAT DIDN'T NEED A BOOST (including devourer) GOT A 20 PERCENT BOOST. This has been confirmed ok kthxbye!!!

dr.fish
07-02-04, 10:16
an artifact DEV can take any fullly buffed ppu with holy heal if he stands still, that's insane.

well then again that's from the ones i've tested ( me , harvey birdman, etc....)

Shadow Dancer
07-02-04, 10:34
Actually, I have also noticed very little difference in devourer damage with 0 resist compared to lots of poison resist.

Why is that? O_o

Babai
07-02-04, 10:50
Because it has an undocumented seventh damage type which we dont have con to spec againts yet ;)

deac
07-02-04, 10:59
yes i been trying to tell ppl about this... pes are really fucked by the dev.

hell my poisonres 110 ppu monk have hard time with a dev too... I can outheal it but throw in a dmg boost and its more or less game over unless you manage to move out of the way....

YoDa-UK
07-02-04, 11:08
Ok guys im going to let you in on a little secret, this is so obviously and i can't see why only a few of us know about it.

Ill quote a few of you to start with.

Actually, I have also noticed very little difference in devourer damage with 0 resist compared to lots of poison resist

an artifact DEV can take any fullly buffed ppu with holy heal if he stands still, that's insane.

This would just make the problem worse. Its the posion damage thats the problem.

but its not viable to spec over 75 in my opinion. And the difference between 0 and 75 to the devourer is SO little its just insane.

And lastly:

...but someone on TS said it exactly how it is (cant remember who) and he was 100% right...no one in thier right mind would EVER mod a devourer with anything other then poison

Ok what we have here is everyone and i mean EVERYONE thinking that wargas is making the dev so overpowered, yet no one can understand why it makes no difference to have an massive amount of poison resist making no difference.

Here is why-----------------------the dev modded with poison is no different to a dev not modded with one! :eek: "omg you lie, your talking bs anima, you don't know nothing anima" lol :lol:

ITS TRUE! o_O

People seem to think they all need to spec poison in order to stand up to a dev burst, yeah sure you can spec poison but it wont do any good, why is it? well for one thing the dev does DIRECT DAMAGE, direct damage, direct damage.

I'll say it again DIRECT DAMAGE.

Lets look at the mods for a flamer, you have one poison mod, one stackable fire mod, and one direct dmg mod, now take a dev "if any of you lot got a spare slot on yours" and mod it with the direct dmg fire mod, "Karosine"-(god knows how to spelt it)

You will notice its doing the same if not better dmg than one modded with wargas, fine you don't get that stacking effect which fucks up a PPU's buffs on screen, but you do the SAME dmg if not more.

Again the answer here is DIRECT DAMAGE, not poison dmg.

The reason why it hurts more up close is like a ROG it does just that, it hurts more up close, which is a good thing considering the power of the damn weapon.

Now im not going to moan about the dev, I have a dev on saturn, modded with the direct fire dmg mod, I rip the hell out of people with it, the closer i get the better it is, its only 2 slots, ive only modded it with the fire mod, not bothered with poison, i see no need, and i don't like to play like a arsehole messing up a ppu's screen.

Now of course you lot won't believe me, and will continue on this "mod it with poison you dummy" road that your on right now, but cleary writen in front of you and the tests you have done show no amount of poison resist helps, and tbh no amount of fire resist will help either, its like it goes past resists and shelters.

I have been killed by dev's plenty of times, but last night really showed me how overpowered it is.

I'll quote again something:

an artifact DEV can take any fullly buffed ppu with holy heal if he stands still, that's insane

It doesn't even have to be artifact, I was on my ppu last night at TG canyon, I knew the risks of ressing while a battle was ongoing near me, but i had holy heal/ heal sanctum. holy shelter/holy deflector running, then started to ress, a tank rolled up to me with his dev out, I should there for about 2 secs, before breaking the ress to heal myself, but couldn't coz my heal was running already, it meant nothing that a class that is pure defence gets cut up so easy with everything they have in their power running at the time. no other weapon can do this to a ppu.

The debate about the dev being overpowered will continue far into the next few months, and the debate about nerfing ppu's will also continue, even my thoughts about a holy heal being so powerful falls down with the dev in my face.

There is no question in my eyes that a dev is overpowered, having experianced it first hand on both sides, but there is also no doubt in my mind people will doubt my words and won't want the dev sorted out, as per its TL, or that KK will really listen and sort it out despite those with no skill wanting it kept as it is.

Take from this what you will, do your tests if you want, no amount of resits will help you from this weapon, remember the mutant gunmen? remember how even when you spec fire resist it still hurt you untill you reached say 50 base resist.

DIRECT DAMAGE
8|

deac
07-02-04, 11:17
Originally posted by YoDa-UK
, remember the mutant gunmen? remember how even when you spec fire resist it still hurt you untill you reached say 50 base resist.

DIRECT DAMAGE
8|

omfg hes right!! O_o

would explain a lot of things...

and yes I still have nightmares about the mutant gunmen.....

g0rt
07-02-04, 11:22
actually my friend gh0st got a 0slot dev :(

sucked for him especially cuz the thing didnt do 1/3 the dmg of a poisongas one

o_O

tuxy
07-02-04, 11:35
ya well he took most the cash for it form the clan account serves him right tight bitch ;)

VetteroX
07-02-04, 11:39
Thx for the comments g0rt, I found your pe to be extremely well setup too. I have 75 poison, and dev just still rips through me... before the patch upgrading weapons, it did 56... now its way more. There are two things about the DEv, and other weapons, that just arent cool with me...

First, is like rays, it doesnt do locational damage, and it always does the same amount of damage, no matter how much hp you have left. If I have 40 hp left, no CS blast from anyone will drop me... fire, xray, nova, all four bolts hitting point blank, it doesnt matter... and unless my legs are out ill proably be able to still run at full speed too. Dev however, will do same amount of damage no matter what.... this ISNT an ok tradeoff.... CS (the new overpowered CS) will do like 80 to me if all 4 bolts hit... dev will do a bit less... however, once have 150 hp left, CS starts doing really, REALLY low amage, like down to 20. While dev still does the same as it did while I was full.... so eventhough CS does more damage in its first burst then dev does, it takes about 30% less hits from dev to drop me then CS.... this is the same problem with RoG, blacksun, RolH and others.

Probelm 2: "it does awesome damage close range but sucks long range" Sorry... ALL PVP IS CLOSE RANGE PERIOD. I fight ALL day. I join and op war with cartel, then I pk, then another op war, then pk... its ALL close range.... sure there some standoffs at long range, but all fights end close rnage. So this bullshit excuse with ray and dev only being good close rnage just doesnt cut it for pvp... It does for pvm, but not pvp.

So, this is what needs to heppen: either 1) all weapons do locational damage, and do less damage as hp goes down or 2) they lessen the damage penaty to weapons that do locational damage to people with low hp by a lot... its just bullshit that CS does 24 damage to someone with 50 hp, and lib does like 10... this has to be fixed and balanced. And, I think CS, dev, speedgat should all go down to their original damage.

Keyol45743241
07-02-04, 12:07
Probelm 2: "it does awesome damage close range but sucks long range" Sorry... ALL PVP IS CLOSE RANGE PERIOD. I fight ALL day. I join and op war with cartel, then I pk, then another op war, then pk... its ALL close range.... sure there some standoffs at long range, but all fights end close rnage. So this bullshit excuse with ray and dev only being good close rnage just doesnt cut it for pvp... It does for pvm, but not pvp. Now I begin to grasp where you get your crappy ideas about drones and other long range combat from :D:wtf::lol: If it isn't pwnable in seconds and in range of your distance reduced vision so you get more fps, it should be removed.

And if you haven't seen Moonietankehs bombarding an Op, I pitty you. It is a truly impressive sight.

tuxy
07-02-04, 12:08
Originally posted by VetteroX

And, I think CS, dev, speedgat should all go down to their original damage.

well im guessing it will since the boost was unintentional, play your tank loads and enjoy the boost while its still there :)

btw i havnt had much trouble fighting dev tanks when using my cs
but i guess thats just because im a leg breaking whore

L3m0n
07-02-04, 12:21
all you need to do is just tone the Dev down a bit then it would be fine cos iat the end of the day its a flame wep and flame weps do stack damg so it will allways do more if you stack a shit load on them, and as for tonein down CS, speed gat etc the damg is how it should be, come on there cannons! not a pistol so they should do the most damg of all weps in the game nuff said

tuxy
07-02-04, 12:35
Originally posted by L3m0n
come on there cannons! not a pistol so they should do the most damg of all weps in the game nuff said

even more than apu's weapons?

dr.fish
07-02-04, 13:07
i just enjoy the return of tank o cron :)

dr.fish
07-02-04, 13:12
i have a 0 slot Dev and a 5 slot one, and OMFG the 0 slotter is completly useless, whereas teh 5 slot baby can take u down in no time :)

i didnt get ur direct damage thing

Xizor
07-02-04, 13:12
I don't understand how some of the best PEs in game can whine over the DEV. Just keep your distance and it won't hurt you NEARLY as much. Even in NF you don't have to stay the closest you can get to the DEV, that is just plain dumb.

And don't tell me your PE isn't WAY faster then the DEV tank when he has got his DEV out?

XaNToR
07-02-04, 13:22
roflffl no matter how good setups u have..... Dev is vs a PE less powerful than a CS.... if u dont start thinking in ur duels, thats sure that u lose

Try some distance against devourer, and the tanks will throw it behind u, in hope that they will hurt u.

btw i got 90 poison and rest of my resists on my "cap" and 440 hp

but hey keep on complaining about wrong facts...

:rolleyes:

Furion
07-02-04, 13:28
but xantor, dont u pop like 15 drugs before each fight?

XaNToR
07-02-04, 13:32
i pop like 20 drugs all time, u wont find me undrugged unless im afk..

Punisher-X
07-02-04, 13:49
I tested in NF too a few days ago.
My PE was stood with 195 fire resist, and 115 poison resist, with shelter up.
Got my m8 to shoot me with 3 "shots" of a wargas devourer in a row. It did 220 damage to my PE. To me, that is an overpowered gun :)
Oh and Xizor, not all PEs are "way" faster than tanks with Dev out...as not everyone falls inline for the cookie-cutter build.

mehirc
07-02-04, 14:43
I think alot weapons got boosted and HL was even nerfed with the last patch. The devourer got boostet too, thats why it hurts so much also with good poison resist!

It was said that these boosts were unintentional and will be fixed. I hope thats right.

Lifewaster
07-02-04, 16:33
Dev is not a prob at all to my PPU with 54 poison.

HL spam is still 100 times more likely to kill me that a dev tank, I can easily survive dancing around a dev tank even with his 2 ppus para and boosting me...........because the dev has tiny range, and can be easily outmanuvered.

I can understand how it may be harder for PE's to own tanks now that tanks have this close range heavy hitter, but IMO tanks should be better than PE 1v1 anyway.

Barak
07-02-04, 16:34
I've got a pretty good setup on my PE and at first sight of a Dev tank i just dont bother the damage it does is insane short range yes, but trying to pick a tank off from range is hard... my PE misses atleast 1 round a burst and often the entire frigin thing misses so iI i just go else where.

Oh well of i go to lvl my tank 0.o

L3m0n
07-02-04, 16:43
Originally posted by tuxy
even more than apu's weapons?
maby not all APU spells (rares for example) but most yes

dr.fish
07-02-04, 16:44
no class should be much better than the other one on one

L3m0n
07-02-04, 16:45
well for fighting apu/tanks should be the best cos thats what there ingame for "gen-tank" bred for fightin ;)

Scikar
07-02-04, 17:05
Well, we all know that RoLH, RoG and Black Sun all do very low damage at their max range, about 100m for the pistols. This very low damage applies to the Dev at a grand range of 20m.

Zone, did you do any tests with the Dev at max range? Because so far the only tests I've seen anyone do are in your face. Stick a RoLH in someone's face and you're not surprised to find you take a lot of damage, so stick a heavy weapon, which deals poison damage, and gets a damage boost up close, in someone's face and you would obviously expect more. What I would like to know is how little do you take at 20m?

EDIT: @L3m0n: If you go by that argument, then spies should have more PSI, Tank PA should give Xray armor, plasma should own monks, but monks should be able to lift people in the air and tear them apart. Using the storyline doesn't justify anything.

L3m0n
07-02-04, 17:11
well they should but they prob couldnt be botherd to go by the hist of the game ;)

Scikar
07-02-04, 17:12
well they should but they prob couldnt be botherd to go by the hist of the game ;)

Or maybe, just maybe, they realised it wouldn't be very balanced, and would most definitely be monkacron. :rolleyes:

Duder
07-02-04, 17:45
come on there cannons! not a pistol so they should do the most damg of all weps in the game nuff said

So with your logic, the Psi Spells should be lower damage then pistols?

Cruzbroker
07-02-04, 18:11
The poison does "nothing". 10 poison stacks from dev = laugh. At least for me.. BUT the .close. range fire dmg = hurt. Always.

Wharg0ul
07-02-04, 18:15
Originally posted by Cruzbroker
The poison does "nothing". 10 poison stacks from dev = laugh. At least for me.. BUT the .close. range fire dmg = hurt. Always.

Agreed. I can survive the poison no problem. But myself and a ROOM FULL off ppl were killed by a Dev tank the other night....he killed us ALL before we could kill him, with all of us firing at him and at least one (maybe two?? don't remember) PPU on our team.
Something REALLY wrong with that.

MayhemMike
07-02-04, 18:16
Lets just say, LooseScrew owns j00 all. :p

tuxy
07-02-04, 18:55
Originally posted by Wharg0ul
he killed us ALL before we could kill him, with all of us firing at him and at least one (maybe two?? don't remember) PPU on our team.
Something REALLY wrong with that.

rofl sorry but any ppu that loeses to 1 or 2 dev tanks realy need to work on their setup and learn how to cast heal while dodging

t0tt3
07-02-04, 18:57
Yay....... and the combatwinner price event!

Best defence goes to.............. TANK!!!
Best dmg output goes to............ TANK!!!

Nice job KK nerf the HL and upgrade the Dev and CS I dont get it why do you nerf this game sooo massive?

Many weapons needed a boost yes but CS and Dev wasnt one of them. Why not boost the guns that never are used? Well that would be a bad idea? duh...

Like the HL hey we got 250 m range lets nerf it. Ok to what? 200 ? naa lets cut it to half !!! yay.

And woops 4 days after monks whined about their HL needed 11 - 16 shots to kill you comes out and say sorry was not intended. I can run threw a whole sector before I can cast so many times "even now when you dragged our PPW down so you could revive the Hyb"

Cant you just TRY the nerf in TS before going retail. Because I dont really see what the problem is hammersledge method is bad BAAAAD mmkay?

:( :(

tuxy
07-02-04, 19:00
Originally posted by t0tt3

Nice job KK nerf the HL and upgrade the Dev and CS I dont get it why do you nerf this game sooo massive?

ok ill say this again for people that have trouble reading
the dev/cs boost and hl nerf was accidental, this has been confirmed
so putting 2 and 2 together i come to the conclusion that it will be fixed

Mr Friendly
07-02-04, 19:03
Originally posted by g0rt
Have 15 energy resist, take a blast, write down the dmg. Now put that 15 energy resist to 100, take a blast, write down the dmg. There will be a HUGE, HUGE difference between the two numbers. HUGE. Whereas, the difference when being hit with a devourer at low or high poison resists is not very much. What gives?

well, u gotta remember, poison is only deflected by the belts & how much u have in con. shelter doesnt help against poison. But u gotta remember that u have other armor (or might have) that gives more energy protection. so naturally, of course ull take a ton less when buffed to 75+ ENR

shodanjr_gr
07-02-04, 19:05

Well, quite a few other "accidental" nerfs have happened before and they havent been fixed. Besides why werent they fixed with patch 196?

t0tt3
07-02-04, 19:06

Well did the fix it in the 196 patch? well no...
I dont care if its accidental its INGAME! No matter what it will be there for atleast 2 weeks more.

Bug or not shouldnt be in retail thats TS problem not ours.

Mr Friendly
07-02-04, 19:07

so u think a weapon whose source of power is an unkown magic....that can cause a lightning bolt to come down & fry u...should do less than some man-made cannon made of metal that shoots plasma.... :wtf: what u been smokin :p

tuxy
07-02-04, 19:35
Originally posted by t0tt3
Well did the fix it in the 196 patch? well no...
I dont care if its accidental its INGAME! No matter what it will be there for atleast 2 weeks more.

Bug or not shouldnt be in retail thats TS problem not ours.

oh ill agree with you that they are way too slow in fixing it but you were talking like the changes in damage was what kk planed

BombShell
07-02-04, 19:35
i think cs needed boost. honestly, the dev didnt

40$Poser
07-02-04, 19:48
Originally posted by dr.fish

well then again that's from the ones i've tested ( me , harvey birdman, etc....)

... your kidding right? My ppu doesn't die standing still to a devourer buffed

i think cs needed boost. honestly, the dev didnt

Ya the CS seems ok atm, not really overpowerful.

dr.fish
07-02-04, 19:52
teh max range on the DEV is 10 meters i think, so u cant try at 20 meters

g0rt
07-02-04, 20:48
cs is definately more powerfull, but so are some select pistols so what goes around comes around

but the dev didn't need a boost, it really didn't...

VetteroX
07-02-04, 21:03
xantor, tbh I cannot tell if your joking or not about the drug thing.... so if you arent, we dont care about your NF setup, 3+ drugs are feesable in NF but simply arent in the field, so try try fighting a few rounds no drugs... like most people do. Again its fine in nf but doesnt work well outside..... if you arent a drug addict, then sorry, ignore this.

QuantumDelta
07-02-04, 21:07
Originally posted by VetteroX
xantor, tbh I cannot tell if your joking or not about the drug thing.... so if you arent, we dont care about your NF setup, 3+ drugs are feesable in NF but simply arent in the field, so try try fighting a few rounds no drugs... like most people do. Again its fine in nf but doesnt work well outside..... if you arent a drug addict, then sorry, ignore this. He does it in the field, all the time.

CS Damage - Was fine.
Dev damage... I can't really say, they upped it which was something I suggested when it was first introduced, but I never got to see it on retail after that boost.

Scikar - Adding points to POR seems to be somewhat less effective than adding points to other skills, most probably because of shelters and primarily armors...
Can't be 100% sure on that, just what I feel (... somethin I never actually checked heh never thought about it..)

s0apy
07-02-04, 21:32
my own personal experience with dev has been:

first time: when i saw it, i immediately tried to get some distance (me=rifle PE), but found myself stacking poison right and left and died very quickly. i was stunned to subsequently hear that the thing was close range, and did poor damage at range. that wasn't the way it seemed to me.

second time: with same setup, popped a poison resist pill going in. this time i killed the guy easily, however he was at 2/3rds HP already. but i noticed very few stacks on me, so i guess he wasn't hitting me and that's why i won. had more poison resist that time too.

third time: by now i'd increased poison resist again and ditched stealth. my opponent was at full health, and i was a bit knackered having just taken down his comrade (another tank). he gave me a chance to heal while he, presumably, buffed up. too long tho, so i was back to full HP, but buffs were running out. i saw the dev, popped my poison resist and went in, and just kept circling. i won this time, but again i suspect it was mostly due to my opponent being unable to hit me often enough. the fight hurt, but again not too many stacks.

i have excellent fire resist, pretty good poison (even without the potion) and very high AGL. shelter is also very high % (360 plus).

my conclusion is still to go in close, circle fast, and make yourself as hard as hell to hit. poison potion and good shelter (for the fire). but ultimately, it seems to be more about luck than anything, which isn't the case against other weapons.

Scikar
07-02-04, 21:44
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
Scikar - Adding points to POR seems to be somewhat less effective than adding points to other skills, most probably because of shelters and primarily armors...
Can't be 100% sure on that, just what I feel (... somethin I never actually checked heh never thought about it..)

You mean Shadow. ;)

Seems my avatar and sig are flavour of the week atm.

QuantumDelta
07-02-04, 22:20
Originally posted by Scikar
You mean Shadow. ;)

Seems my avatar and sig are flavour of the week atm. I need to work on that whole....reading the name o_O

Mumblyfish
07-02-04, 22:33
Meh. Have yet to die to a Devourer on a melee tank or pistol spy. As such, I come to the conclusion that the weapon is complete and utter shit. My word is not only infallable, but I'm infinately better than most people in this thread.

I so win.

petek480
07-02-04, 23:30

Any fully buffed ppu???? I'm a ppu and I can pretty much outheal not one dev standing still with holy heal but two devs while standing still with holy heal.

[TgR]KILLER
08-02-04, 07:40
lemme ask for nerfs if the threadstarter aint..

NERF the god damn dev already :)

was fighting in PP and there are like 3/4 dev tanks just killing everybody.. managed to kill one after he wanted to walk out after killing 3 ppl.. but died to :(

Wharg0ul
08-02-04, 07:44
no shit....getting really sick of one character with one weapon killing a team full of ppl. It's not even challenging, it's just stupid.

Shadow Dancer
08-02-04, 07:58
I guess I could kind of see it from the PE's(at least pistol pe's) point of view. As an apu the devourer destroys me in mere seconds, but I can get good distance from a tank and destroy their legs and take advantage of my range.

Poor Pes.

Scikar
08-02-04, 08:03
I can just tell, Dev is going to end up weaker than TL84 NCPD Flamer. :(

Psyco Groupie
08-02-04, 08:33
some clan were being morons in pp and getting more ppus than attacks so i jumped on a ppu and with the help of a melee tank and a lil help from an apu we cleared em out .. melee hurts ppus bad ... its so damn funny to watch too

dev just gh3ys up everyones fps

SorkZmok
08-02-04, 09:17
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
some clan were being morons in pp and getting more ppus than attacks so i jumped on a ppu and with the help of a melee tank and a lil help from an apu we cleared em out .. melee hurts ppus bad ... its so damn funny to watch too

dev just gh3ys up everyones fps
You really like posting stuff without actually saying anything, right?

XaNToR
08-02-04, 13:12
welll vet, my standart drugs are like 4 drugs all the time....

My point of view is anyways, that are non drugged PE are ineffective

but back to topic

a pistol PE should laugh about Dev neways.... he can keep the distance instead of a rifler.... Devourer doesnt deserve a nerf....and CS also doesnt... My Pistol PE still win turret fight against CS, Tank got like 20 hp left when he uses Devourer...

Rifler loses vs both, CS and Dev but quite curtly....Tank got like 20-50 hp left.... i'd say its balanced now, because rifler still got their midrange and pistoler still own in close battle.

Anyways, its no more boring to fight Tanks now ;)

superfresh
08-02-04, 13:18
No question. The Devourer is out of control. The dev's were napping on their keyboards for the last patch.

alig
08-02-04, 14:09
I think the dev is overpowered, not cuz no one wants to have more poison than any other resist for 1 gun that isnt even high tl but cuz it just is overpowered, simple. You can only defend well against it with a ppu, i had a tank with dev on me for a whole rezz and he only got 200hp of me [only reason is cuz a guard started to burn me up to], baring in mind i was well aware of him waiting with a dev so i was prepared for it, had poison sanc on...which is normal actually o_O but anyway, my bro's ppu [mart2] has some fucking ub3r resists which most ppu's dont but he could easily laugh at the dev for a whole rezz [thats around 25 seconds of pure stacking, i couldnt even see my s/d, heal, anything for the whole rezz] and who said it ownz ppu's :D

Wharg0ul
08-02-04, 17:23
so....nerf PPUs while we're at it!!!!!

kidding......

...][STEALTHS][....

....runs far away....

Keyol45743241
08-02-04, 17:31
Originally posted by alig
I think the dev is overpowered [...] he could easily laugh at the dev for a whole rezz :wtf:

Am I the only one who notices something is really wrong here? :rolleyes:

Wharwhatever is right. Nerf the PPU, then you can tone down the flamer some more. But then, fight a flamertankeh out in the open. Just walk backwards and shoot him while he tries to run behind you.

And if you seem to loose, stealth. Heal in plain sight, take a few potshots, stealth, rinse and repeat. No tank has the slightest chance if you're not completely dumb.

But he has the advantage in a cluttered enviroment, like the PP. That is for sure. Do you get it now? Maybe it is supposed to be a little tougher for you PEs, since the Tank can't stealth?..... :wtf:

Lucjan
08-02-04, 17:37
I dont get it. As currently every tank seems to use a Dev I still didnt die to a Dev tank. Actually if a tank draws a CS I know it will be a hard fight, but the moment he uses a Dev he never took me down below 1/3 HP. Currently my POS in only at 51 and Im just trying to keep some distance to not get the max damage and things work out fine. But then most people say Devs are deadly like hell. I used it in few fights but against the majority of people the CS still did the better job so my nice all artifact Dev is back in the GoGo...

Usually I would say the Dev is ok as it is...but it seems most people have a completly other experience with the Dev then me.

cRazy2003
08-02-04, 19:33
I think if dev was as powerful as CS it wud be fine, or if they didnt nerf dev damage do another nerf like reduce aiming speed by a lot or something, and ecspecially spies they die after like 2 bursts. it always happens that wenever im having a FFA in NF with my spy and a tank pulls out of a dev i just leave cos its pointless even trying.

Lifewaster
08-02-04, 20:15
Originally posted by Keyol45743241

But he has the advantage in a cluttered enviroment, like the PP. That is for sure. Do you get it now? Maybe it is supposed to be a little tougher for you PEs, since the Tank can't stealth?..... :wtf:

very true

Wharg0ul
08-02-04, 20:33
:wtf:

And if you seem to loose, stealth. Heal in plain sight, take a few potshots, stealth, rinse and repeat. No tank has the slightest chance if you're not completely dumb.

Dude...some of us PEs don't WANT to have to be lame and stealth every fight. I like to use the stealth tool to escape overwealming odds, and to ambush. I shouldn't need to stealth mid-fight...that's just lame.
I die a lot because I refuse to use stealth in a fair fight. This means the dev is a pain in the ass to those of us who like to fight 1 on 1 and not get ********** in 3 seconds.

[TgR]KILLER
08-02-04, 20:37
There are PE's that don't stealth and there are PE's that don't use a fuckload of drugs all the time..

Why does everybody think every damn PE is a stealthwhore and a druggie ?

Duder
08-02-04, 20:55
Originally posted by [TgR]KILLER
There are PE's that don't stealth and there are PE's that don't use a fuckload of drugs all the time..

BECAUSE ITS TRUE

Cyphor (Ash)
08-02-04, 20:58
Pah, I've never used drugs or stealth at all... erm. *Hides syringe and shakes off blue fuzz* Cough.

dr.fish
08-02-04, 21:05
Dude...some of us PEs don't WANT to have to be lame and stealth every fight. I like to use the stealth tool to escape overwealming odds, and to ambush. I shouldn't need to stealth mid-fight...that's just lame.
I die a lot because I refuse to use stealth in a fair fight. This means the dev is a pain in the ass to those of us who like to fight 1 on 1 and not get ********** in 3 seconds.

stealth is part of ur defense, u're not lame by using it. And if u dont like it, change classes or go for lowtech and have greater defense.

alig
08-02-04, 21:05
:wtf:

Am I the only one who notices something is really wrong here? :rolleyes:

Wharwhatever is right. Nerf the PPU, then you can tone down the flamer some more. But then, fight a flamertankeh out in the open. Just walk backwards and shoot him while he tries to run behind you.

No ya not seeing anything wrong, cuz if u didnt snip little bits of my post together, u would notice in between them 2 parts u quoted, i also said
U can only defend well against it with aPPU but the difference is, my tank isnt a ppu, my pe's aint ppu's, my apu isnt a ppu so yes i think its overpowered.

o_O

Lifewaster
08-02-04, 22:36
U can only defend well against it with a PPU

But that's probably because all a PPU really does is defend , he has the best defense of all the classes , however all the other chars do have the option of attacking against it , using range I guess.

So its not really a very valid reason to call it overpower i think.

tuxy
08-02-04, 22:44
i just killed phobos in the sewers in pp1 with a spy
dev isnt hard to beat using tactics

[TgR]KILLER
08-02-04, 22:45
In pp its kinda hard to get range.. in alot of situations u gonna end up fighting up close not over a huge ass range..

Darkborg
09-02-04, 00:19
Thread starter wont call for a nerf i will

NERF!!!

g0rt
09-02-04, 00:38
i just killed phobos in the sewers in pp1 with a spy
dev isnt hard to beat using tactics

In a 1v1 duel in a pit, say jericho for example? Its hard to use tactics against it, I mean the spray just rocks you even if the guy has no aim at all...hes still gonna land some nice stacks.

Zeph0n
09-02-04, 00:51
stealth is part of ur defense, u're not lame by using it. And if u dont like it, change classes or go for lowtech and have greater defense.

See this is the big WTF.

24/7 we have stealth posts complaining about PE's stealthing and now it is "part of our defense" and its not lame to use. Theres a wave of people saying dont complain, use stealth and as soon as people start doing so those same people (not saying you fish, but generally the forum as a whole) are gonna make a nerf stealth post the enxt day.

:rolleyes:

Personally I dont give a damn what devs damage is at now. I think people are going to need to find a way to work around it. Theres some circumstances where you are going to die. The thing is instead of whining and saying omg not fair put that energy into developing tactics to fight against dev users as some already have. If someone has a weapon that can only go in a 10 m or so radius why the hell are you going to stand in that radius? logic says dont stand in that radius and shoot him from outside of it. Theres other things you can do also for example I was fighitng a tank with a dev and i started backing off to shoot from a distance. As soon as he put his dev away to try and run to catch up to me (he had PA on) I damage boosted him. I took about 2 stacks when the db was done casting as I tried not to move much so it wouldnt fail and then i run cast a heal back up and shoot and fights over. Theres a wide range of tactics for dealing with something like this and granted the gun is powerful as fuck but it is only that powerful when you get hit. Stop using tunnel vision people and realize that there is a wider spectrum of tactics out there other then stand and shoot and bitch because Youd rather not get out of the way of a huge fucking flame.

Keyol45743241
09-02-04, 11:00
There are PE's that don't stealth and there are PE's that don't use a fuckload of drugs all the time.. Yeah, but I won't hear complaints by a tank, who skilled R-C and under dex HCK, either - for those who don't understand, R-C requires huge amounts of WPL :rolleyes:.Because If they don't use what is given them, it's not my fault.

And since PEs are gonna stealth anyway, be it lame or not, KK should balance accordingly. Stealh = Advantage => Give those who don't stealth an advantage in another Area. Like for example damage output on extremely short ranges.

Scikar
09-02-04, 11:07

Because the ones who don't are 1) rare, and in the case of 2) less combat effective. Just because a minority group of PEs don't abuse stealth does not mean every argument involving them should take account of that. Does anyone ever consider a Tank in PA? No, because Tanks very rarely wear their PA. In the same vein, people don't consider PEs who don't stealth and who don't drug, at least to buffs.