PDA

View Full Version : Teach the Devourer not to eat so fast!

metalangel
07-02-04, 05:10
Because soon it'll have gobbled up every PE, spy and monk in the land!

Seriously, it's waaaay too strong, I don't have the best resists in the world but everyone else when we're fighting also gets vapourized in seconds by the damn thing, there's almost no need for any other weapons, two devourer wielding tanks with a PPU or two will mince almost any force that dares to attack. ALMOST any, I said.

Don't nerf it into oblivion, but make it reasonable again. And you wanna explain how poisonous fire works? o_O

KramerTheWeird
07-02-04, 05:15
Never ask a tank's opinion on the devourer, they only have 20 intelligence anyway :)

Devourer is a very powerful weapon but only really if someone gets caught shocked and has several bursts laid on them. I do see people wanting to switch to tank because of it and improved CS as well however.

metalangel
07-02-04, 05:18
Yes but... you can't really fight someone with one, sure you can run away popping antishocks, but if you turn and fight the tank will catch up in a few seconds and just spam you to death. Ho-hum. What's the point?

Clive tombstone
07-02-04, 05:18
hehe There Devourer vs My trike

hmmm, I win!

Gestra
07-02-04, 05:19
I find Dev tanks much easier to kill than CS using tanks.

So why nerf the dev? It does not do massive damage and has really bad range.

VetteroX
07-02-04, 05:21
ill say again: Dev before last patch: fine Dev now: overpowered.... all there is too it. and yes, I have poson resit ffs.... also, dev does same amount of damage no matter what body health, cs does literaly 20 damage to someone with 40 hp left.

RayBob
07-02-04, 07:03
OMG...someone wants to be a tank and not a monk. :rolleyes:

Lanigav
07-02-04, 07:07
Not sure if they did anything in 196, but in 195 I think the Devourer was just fine. God knows I was on the recieving end of plenty of them during one long fight. Then again, I had good fire and poison resist and as a PPU, had holy antidote and shelter up.

Just don't nerf the damn thing into oblivion.

Q`alooaith
07-02-04, 07:16
I'd recomend jumping into a rhino and laughing at the tank...

It is overpowered a little.. It can get so many stack's on you so fast that antidote's just don't work fast enough..

Now if the mod's for it changed it so instead of doing a mixed damaged type, made it do pure damage of a type, it'd be fine, but a posion/fire mix kinda kill's me quick..

rob444
07-02-04, 07:30
My tank got good resists, even if he has haz3 , holy def and holy shelter it still eats my tank up. Yep, it eats to fast ;)

Morris
07-02-04, 07:39
It didn't need the boost that the other HC weapons got. It was just dandy before.

Spoon
07-02-04, 07:50
Yeah, might as well nerf anything that's worth a sh*t in this game.......

Q`alooaith
07-02-04, 08:27
Originally posted by Spoon
Yeah, might as well nerf anything that's worth a sh*t in this game.......

Ballence, how would you feel if a sniper spy could two hit you with a SH, no matter your class, rank or if you had anything less than a holy heal running on you all the time....

It was not all that bad pre patch, now it's on the over the top side of the fence..

dr.fish
07-02-04, 10:19
i just got a 5 slotter, plz dont nerf it^^

it's got flashlight :)))))))))))))

deac
07-02-04, 11:05
one thing that proves that the dev ´might be too strong is when some of my clan mates are thinking about going low tech on their tanks... speedgat to lvl and dev for pvp no need for anything else....

VetteroX
07-02-04, 11:46
spoon people like you really ruin the game... "oh I MEME ME I use DEv, so i dont care if its unbalanced! Its my toy and I like killing everyone" we arent saying mke it useless we are syaing we want it balanced.... its tl 98, and feels like a tl 118. put it back to what it was before 195.

Dark Samurai
07-02-04, 11:58
NERF THE PLANET

CarniFlex
07-02-04, 12:07
qualooth has a point. Making devourer a single damage type attack is a cool idea.

Q`alooaith
07-02-04, 12:14
Originally posted by CarniFlex
qualooth has a point. Making devourer a single damage type attack is a cool idea.

what? somone agreed with me?! I must change my mind, yes, Dev should be able to all diffrent kind's of damage at once, and should get it's damaged boosted...

Yea, I'm sure no one will agree with me now.... ha I sure showed them..

spongeb0b
07-02-04, 12:22
only thing i see wrong with the dev is that it is able to stack too much.... maybe put a cap on it like idk 3 stacks at a time? (Idk tho i only fought one once)

Matthew.v.smith
07-02-04, 12:23
Since the last patch my tank seems to be Seriously tough.
Im not bragging but even without buffs i can run around taking hits from libby and other guns and still get shots off at them and survive with 100 to 200 hp.

But Dev is where I lose after about 3 bursts i have like 6 stacks i then run out of PP check the health and see 0.....then suddenly it bounces up to 60.

Jeez its a nice weapon and i Ph33r it.
So leave it how it is imo.

Matty.:angel:

ezza
07-02-04, 12:25
one thing thats a bit of a give away on the dev is the way that a lot of PPUs are dropping to single tanks with Devs, funny but i dunno, i think it got a boost in the recent patches so it will proberbly be put back still dangerous to all but no so much so.

rob444
07-02-04, 15:37
Alright, people keep telling me devourer has crap range. How come a stupid devourer tank can run after me with it holding his attack button at me and still hit even if I am running away from him with no gun drawn? Think about that.

Clownst0pper
07-02-04, 16:04
Jesus Christ, its been said a million times.

ALL WEAPONS HAVE RECIEVED AN ACCIDENTAL BOOST, THE DEVOURER INCLUDED.

Except your all to fucking thick to realise this, and think, Oh a new weapon, Must be that which is doing the damage, not my shit resists or lack of PVP skill.

Fucking read relevant information and threads.

I dont hear you all asking for a nerf on most of the new pistols, or the cursed soul

Sad gits :mad: