PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever tried leveling with NO implants?

Shujin
07-02-04, 02:55
damn man... my noob spy on uranus, he's got no implants and it sux...he's high enough to use them but i swear uranus has the most either greedy population or the poorest, or the lowest .....

every single day i get on, i run around plaza 1 theres never anyone there, some reason on uranus tradeskillers hand around plaza 2 now...

trying to find a poker/constructor/ress'r is easier on pluto than on uranus i've found ;/....

ive been spammin for 3 days to try to get a Distance Cpu 1 / bp of it, no replies...

most of the replies i DO get are random people just sayin are you really shujin? couple people even accused me of NOT being shujin O_o said i didnt act like shujin...

anyways... man its hard... using the tech rifles, only up the the 1st level of pulse laser rifles ( which are weak as hell ) and i only get about 130% of the damage even with almost all of my dex in rifle and int in wep lore... and im about 10 levels above the dex needed to use the damn rifle and i dont nearly cap it... wtf

L0KI
07-02-04, 03:02
DM anytime over the weekend and ill give u some stuff :p

Shujin
07-02-04, 03:08
Originally posted by L0KI
DM anytime over the weekend and ill give u some stuff :p well i dont really like takin stuff for free.. i hate people who go around beggin...unless they are a complete noob they shouldnt beg.. everyone knows how to get money

im just sayin ive been tryin to buy distance 1 or bp and no one has >.< but most i could pay would prolly be like 10k

edit: are there more people on the weekends? i logged on last night with only 32 people on...

L0KI
07-02-04, 03:11
Yes, weekends... Its a very GMT based server. With a large % from Germany/UK...

I dont accept payment from people new to the server. Why take 10 k and add it to my masses of millions when that person has nothing?

Its not charity, just make a mental note, and if i ever make a char on your server, return the favour ;)

bounty
07-02-04, 03:12
Tradeskilling on almost all the servers right now is starting to really take its toll on the game. Lack of a decent population is truly the #1 reason why this game's economy is in a state of extreme over inflation. Some say that its because of the c_10 barter thing, but if there were 5 times the population there would still be that problem, however, it would be spread out more across the board. And again, the barter/constructor combo is seriously killing this game. Sorry for being off topic.

Psychoninja
07-02-04, 03:23
I don't ussualy use imps on my chars unless I'm in range or some sort of lvl 3 imp that is essential to the setup or a rare imp :p
cba getting poked every bloody minute someone ganks me, I crash, or I'm just plain out of luck.

Shujin
07-02-04, 03:25
Originally posted by Psychoninja
I don't ussualy use imps on my chars unless I'm in range or some sort of lvl 3 imp that is essential to the setup or a rare imp :p
cba getting poked every bloody minute someone ganks me, I crash, or I'm just plain out of luck. well i usually dont die from mobs, its kinda easy to know when to run ;]. and i cant get ganked atm i got le.

how do u cap ur weapon with no imps? like i said i got almost all of my dex in rifle and int in wep lore and im like 10 dex levels over the req for the damn weapon and i only do 130%... its a bit suckeh ;]

Dade Murphey
07-02-04, 03:26
I normally hold off on imps till I can use mostly lvl 3 imps...below that they're to much of a pain to find or not worth the money for the short amount of time they'll really be useful

trigger hurt
07-02-04, 03:27
*shrug*. I just use drugs until I can use lvl 3 implants. Never had a problem with it. I guess im used to it though since back when I first started retail over a year ago, lvl 2 and lvl 3 implant drops were busted all to hell.

I remember paying 300k for a moto 3.

KramerTheWeird
07-02-04, 03:29
I don't use implants until about mid level or later. Lower rank means more xp :)

Shujin
07-02-04, 03:30
Originally posted by KramerTheWeird
I don't use implants until about mid level or later. Lower rank means more xp :) not really, distance cpu 1 adds to ur rifle and wep lore but not to dex, so wouldnt increase rank.

pulse rifles suck so bad

KramerTheWeird
07-02-04, 03:33
Yes, and rc/wep adds to combat rank, which determines your xp.

bounty
07-02-04, 03:33
I use every imp and every drug possible while leveling, its not necissary but i'm talking power leveling here, some characters(like my pistol pe) i specifically stayed away from drugs cause i thought the mendicant pistol and other non T-C pistols were just so damn fun to use.

Shujin
07-02-04, 03:39
Originally posted by KramerTheWeird
Yes, and rc/wep adds to combat rank, which determines your xp. subskills dont add to combat rank, i've tried because i took all the subskill drugs once in hopes to get combat rank up for epic, didnt work

Psychoninja
07-02-04, 03:40
I use drugs whenever I see the chance to gain xp faster. btw Bounty, where in Illinois do you live? :p

Just wondering, I live in chicago.

KramerTheWeird
07-02-04, 03:41
Once? did you relog, or reset rank before trying? It takes a bit and sometimes ranks bug on display. Subskills definitly add to combat rank. For instance just meeting a libby reqs can give you one star but capping it and same DEX will get you two stars.

Kasumi
07-02-04, 03:42
I never use implants when I level! Ask kramer!! I only use implants when I get to the point I dont want to level and want to go mob hunting.. Which is like 80 in DEX.. for a Spy and 70 for a PE.. :)

amfest
07-02-04, 03:45
subskills dont add to combat rank, i've tried because i took all the subskill drugs once in hopes to get combat rank up for epic, didnt work

actually they do . . . just ask for a ppu togive you a combat 3 boost and it should raise it

Russian Lion
07-02-04, 04:01
most people on uranus are anti-cityadmin so trade is now at plaza 2

Valkyrie
07-02-04, 04:04
With my rifleer i didnt bugger about with pulse lasers - the automatic rifles all the way til 1st raygun are the way to go.

extract
07-02-04, 07:00
Ive got that CPU if u still need it, I just started work, I usually play from about 830-1030am CST -6GMT so Ill look u up, I think I seen you on earlier today......

S..H..U..J..I..N..???????????
if so Ill dm you tommorow Ive got lots of newbie items to give

Shujin
07-02-04, 07:20
Originally posted by extract
Ive got that CPU if u still need it, I just started work, I usually play from about 830-1030am CST -6GMT so Ill look u up, I think I seen you on earlier today......

S..H..U..J..I..N..???????????
if so Ill dm you tommorow Ive got lots of newbie items to give yep ;D thats meh

NS_CHROME54
07-02-04, 07:35
heheh on my pe by the time i had 55 base dex, i already had +25 from imps and armour (rifle pa1, balanceadvancer3, motoric 2 & 3, vehicleinterface 3). tho i notice a serious lack of being able to add to rc cause i'm just constantly trying to keep my tc up to a level where i can use hightech rifles that correspond with my dex level.