PDA

View Full Version : Windows Xp themes...

thewarrior008
06-02-04, 18:53
hi all.. hapy new yearm, mery xmas.. and so on .:D

so yeah can u guys plz tell me wats wrong wit this thing.... i dled aprogramm caled Style Xp.. it can change ur win xp themes,styles and backgrounds.. and it works perfectly fine EXCEPT after every restrt it brigns my comp to the form of windows 98............ WHY?!?! i uno--- can anyone plz help me?

kurai
06-02-04, 19:57
15 seconds of Googling later ...
from Style XP FAQ (http://www.tgtsoft.com/faq.php)

Q: After rebooting, sometimes my visual style does not stay applied, what is happening?
A: StyleXP 2.0 has a feature to help fix this bug. On the Options screen in StyleXP, check "Reapply Theme at Startup". If you do not see this option, you are probably running an older version of StyleXP.

Reading stuff is good, mmmmm'kay ?

thewarrior008
06-02-04, 20:01
u were right my wise and educated freind ... i had a style xp 1.01 beta.... now im dling style xp 2.0 :D let see if this will work.... thnx for reading :D

kurai
06-02-04, 20:03
Thank the people paying my current contract - it was on their time, while waiting for someone to kick a bunch of users off a server ;)

trigger hurt
07-02-04, 01:02
I broke down and paid for style xp and style builder. They were only like 19 bucks a peice. I havent finished the theme I was working on for a while.

There are some great ones out there. I love stylexp though. Most times, I just run in classic mode, but others I feel like makeing my desktop pretty.

07-02-04, 01:58
not seen stylesXP, i think im gonna taste litestep this weekend looks kinna purty :)

ur thoughts?

trigger hurt
07-02-04, 03:29
my thoughts?

blackbox for win32. it's sleak. it's sexy and fully customizable like most shell replacements, but if you want to uninstall it, you dont have to pull any teeth or reinstall windows if you screw something up.

there's also a plugin now that gives you the ability to chose blackbox or explorer.