PDA

View Full Version : Levelling off of TH turrets

Varaem
06-02-04, 12:35
I've seen people level off of the TH/FA turrets around TH, not inside TH itself. For example, the redrock mine zone. Is it exploiting if people attack turrets to level, and can't be hit back by the turrets?

QuantumDelta
06-02-04, 12:39
If they cannot be hit back by the turrets - yes.

Varaem
06-02-04, 12:41
Oh, ok. I see it all the time by a certain clan who owns redrock for the sole reason to level. Btw, why aren't you on AiM, qd? :-P

Lestard
06-02-04, 12:41
what if they are using AoE to avoid being hit by the turret but still damaging it?

Varaem
06-02-04, 12:42
No, either being a monk and shooting around corners or just hitting the turrets at a weird angle so they can't be hit. And like 80% of the clan is monks anyway, so its mostly the former.

shodanjr_gr
06-02-04, 12:46
Originally posted by Lestard
what if they are using AoE to avoid being hit by the turret but still damaging it?

I dont think thats an exploit. For instance in chaos caves when i level i fire my malediction on the cave walls. The AoE damages the mobs as well. I cant see the exploit in that. I mean thats the point of area damage...

Varaem
06-02-04, 12:49
Originally posted by shodanjr_gr
I dont think thats an exploit. For instance in chaos caves when i level i fire my malediction on the cave walls. The AoE damages the mobs as well. I cant see the exploit in that. I mean thats the point of area damage...

I agree...
except they weren't using AoE. Mostly psimonk beam/halo spells but I saw a rifle spy somehow do it.

Dribble Joy
06-02-04, 12:51
That's somewhat different as the mobs can move to shoot you.
The killing of mobs that cannot move to attack you, while you are in a possition that allows you to hit them without being shot back is exploiting.

Varaem
06-02-04, 12:54
Maybe they should like... make TH defensive turrets shoot from the air like copbots/beam spells... or take them out... or unbreak apu spells...

Dade Murphey
06-02-04, 12:55
for me that's kinda iffy really...I mean...is it a simple use of terrain as coverage...or are they using some sort of design flaw that keeps them from being hit...I've never tried...so I dont' know xactly how you mean this...do you happen to have any nameless screenshots so I could see?

Varaem
06-02-04, 13:01
no, i'm kos to that certain clan so i can't get close enough for screen shots. But in any case, if you're able to hit something, it SHOULD be able to hit you back, but because of some weird bug, that isn't always the case, like hitboxes being bigger than the actual model maybe?

Dade, you do know that monks can hit stuff in 3rd person that they couldn't have in 1st person, right?

Dade Murphey
06-02-04, 13:04
No...I didn't actually know that...I think I've heard that but I normally play in 1st person so I never xperienced it myself when I was playing a monk...so yeah...I guess I'd say that is xploiting haha

[TgR]KILLER
06-02-04, 13:08
That is old as hell.. and i know what clan u are talking about.. the 80% monk thing gave it away :p but no i'v seen them do it myself to.. but way way way back when we were tangent some friend showed us his fav leveling spot and that happend to be TH turrets.. o_O

Dribble Joy
06-02-04, 13:11
Originally posted by Dade Murphey
for me that's kinda iffy really...I mean...is it a simple use of terrain as coverage...or are they using some sort of design flaw that keeps them from being hit...I've never tried...so I dont' know xactly how you mean this...do you happen to have any nameless screenshots so I could see?
But the turret cannot shoot back or move to a possition where it can. The monk LoS thing its the problem.

Varaem
06-02-04, 13:12
Well, I've never levelled off of turrets (except in the core, but that's different cause they're meant to be killed), so I just found out about it recently. It's lame... its fast levelling, it's perfectly safe and is abusing LoS bugs.

MjukisDjur
06-02-04, 13:12
Come on now. There are mobs in every zone that you can attack and they cannot attack you. Now using hills are exploiting?

Varaem
06-02-04, 13:14
It's not using "cover" or using hills, it's standing behind a wall and shooting and never moving, not dodging fire.

Dade Murphey
06-02-04, 13:16
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
But the turret cannot shoot back or move to a possition where it can. The monk LoS thing its the problem.

DJ...what I was saying is that if they're just using cover...then I wouldn't consider that an xploit...but if they are using the thing Varaem mentioned or are using some kind of flaw...then yes...that is an xploit...but if it's just simple cover that's nothing...good for them and good for anyone else who uses cover, in any situation

EDIT: well...varaem just answered this quite bluntly...haha...so I'll just leave it since I took the time to type it...hahah

Lestard
06-02-04, 13:19
Originally posted by Lestard

Originally posted by shodanjr_gr

no, my post was referring to QD's answer. It's not an exploit to use AoE.

extract
06-02-04, 13:20
who cares its a fawking turret, I think you originally said it best when you said youre KOS to the people doing it.....some kind of underlying grudge...........

Dade Murphey
06-02-04, 13:21
extract...I think you missed the point...Varaem just xplained what they are doing...scroll up about 3 posts and read that...and go back to the first page towards the bottom and read the post there from Varaem as well

Varaem
06-02-04, 13:22
id report my own clan if they did it, but they dont.
And you're right, it is something of a grudge.

I don't like my enemies levelling without any risk against 120/120 mobs that CAN'T fight back.

Lathuc
06-02-04, 13:29
los for monks isnt a bug as far as i can tell. but lvling off of turrets that way prolly is an exploit tho

Varaem
06-02-04, 13:31
Why do only monks have that ability then? The only other weapon was a copot rifle that could hit in 3rd person around corners and stuff, but that was broken and made using it a bannable offence.

Mr_Snow
06-02-04, 13:33
they blocked off NCPD for something similar to this and called it exploiting so probably is.

Varaem
06-02-04, 13:34
oh yeah, good point, but that was for aoe into a crowd of guards, and taking cover, not abusing los. similar, but different.

Cubico
06-02-04, 13:36
Hi,

is it exploiting if a shoot a warbot with a rifle and he cant shoot back because I am to far away?

Varaem
06-02-04, 13:37
I dont think so, cubico

Mr_Snow
06-02-04, 13:37
Em it is los abusing they cant/couldnt hit you on the upper levels except for the one guard who spawns there and you could herd him down and avoid killing him and you could level there for hours without being hit whether using barrels or normal apu spells.

Varaem
06-02-04, 13:40
Oh... I've never actually seen it before cause I never wanted to risk the SL hit.

extract
06-02-04, 13:54
Originally posted by Varaem

I don't like my enemies levelling without any risk against 120/120 mobs that CAN'T fight back.

I understood fully what you mean, but I simply took it out of context as being solely a grudge factor........in my opinion that one sole turret at redrock is sorely misplaced, it shouldnt be there at all if u ask me that is an OP and really gives an unfair advantage to anti-FA clans........I understand there are gaurds in other OP zones such as CRP, but at least those gaurds are nowhere near the OP..........

easy fix........remove those concrete platforms that house the turrets and just put them on the ground like the newer placed turrets..........no more "exploit"

Varaem
06-02-04, 13:56
They should just take out all the FA turrets or at least make sure they all mutually cover eachother. I've even seen FA people level off of TH turrets... again, no screenshots cause I generally forget about the f12 button.

Mr_Snow
06-02-04, 13:59
It was worse when LEd TTs BDs and crahns could go into TH itself and kill the turrets in there, especially irritating that you couldnt kill them for doing it.

And then there were always the people getting shot in the control room for con, even FA, by just pulling out a weapon and being shot.

Varaem
06-02-04, 14:02
thats true. at least th is safe for now.

Mr_Snow
06-02-04, 14:04
Well since Im currently BD I would rather it wasnt so well protected but it was a joke before too.

Devils Grace
06-02-04, 14:41

its the same old story

u dont like them lvling u go kill them ur self, but since ru a pussy and u cant u just prefer to report on them, and make a thread so everyone flames at them so they get in the bannable aerea

thats retard

i would agree if u reported them for using an exploit that alowed them to kill u or ur clan mates.....

looking for excuses to ban someone u dont like when they arent actually doin nottin to u is pure lamesssss

grow some balls and camp that shit and take them out

Varaem
06-02-04, 14:43
Thanks for the flames, it was getting cold here. *shiver*

If I wanted to ban them, I would have mailed abuse@neocron.com .

Besides...
Notice the TH exit doesn't work? The nearest GR is point red.
And it's not brave 1 v 5, its stupid. There's a difference.

Devils Grace
06-02-04, 14:46
Thanks for the flames, it was getting cold here. *shiver*

If I wanted to ban them, I would have mailed abuse@neocron.com .

wich would be lamess to, but if u were really pissed at them that was inded what u should have done.......

instead of this...........

and ppl say i flame.jesus

Shadow Dancer
06-02-04, 14:48
Well Honeypot said it was an exploit if they couldn't hit you back.

Varaem
06-02-04, 14:48
Originally posted by Devils Grace
wich would be lamess to, but if u were really pissed at them that was inded what u should have done.......

instead of this...........

and ppl say i flame.jesus

Don't flame jesus. He's holy and all. :angel:

And don't assume I'm trying to get everyone to flame a certain clan or some people, I just want the bug fixed. How do you flame someone that I supposedly want you to flame when I don't mention their names...

QuantumDelta
06-02-04, 14:50
In a little more depth since people seem to be questioning me ....again ...... (idiots....)

KK have, before, said that "Shooting a mob that cannot shoot back, or move to a position where it can shoot back, it's exploiting."

And bannable.
See references;
Aggy Cellars (Minor)
Chaos Caves (Minor)
MC5 (Major)
NCPD HQ (Major)

Using Cover/AoE to shoot mobs that can move to a position where they could hit you (regardless of whether you continue to retreat around the cover to try to stop them from hitting you) isn't exploiting.
HOWEVER.
Something like this most definately is, since KK were so very clear in their expression of what the exploit is.

Devils Grace
06-02-04, 14:52
Don't flame jesus. He's holy and all. :angel:

And don't assume I'm trying to get everyone to flame a certain clan or some people, I just want the bug fixed. How do you flame someone that I supposedly want you to flame when I don't mention their names...

u dont need to mention names, when half of the ppl in here already know who they are.........

2nd u said u coudnt even get near kuz they KOS u and that says it all

get some group goin and take them out

but i guess u prefer stayin here on forums, and bitch.......

ide say they are the smart ones

Dade Murphey
06-02-04, 14:54
I'm just gonna take a shot in the dark...but I'd say DG likes to lvl like this at TH...not many other reasons to get worked up over this...actually all in all this has been a fairly decent discussion till DG showed up bringing anger

Varaem
06-02-04, 14:54
get a gruop and take them out? at their op zone? at redrock? the op that you can drop a single stun turret and cover the entire outpost?

its true they're smart for taking an easilly defendible op that they can level at, but again, it's exploiting according to qd who gets info from a gm.

s0apy
06-02-04, 14:56
it is far from lame to report exploiters, regardless of whether they are using exploits to kill you or others. exploiters harm and damage the game for everyone, including themselves, and should at the very least be warned, then banned if that warning is ignored.

the best way to deal with exploits, though, is to report them as such, and hope that the flaws are picked up by the coders and fixed.

Varaem
06-02-04, 15:01
Originally posted by s0apy

the best way to deal with exploits, though, is to report them as such, and hope that the flaws are picked up by the coders and fixed.

I would have if I'd known it was an exploit, and I got screenshots, which I couldn't for a few reasons, like they were attacking me and I forgot about f12. I think I'll rebind it to T or something so it's not so far away. :)

Devils Grace
06-02-04, 15:02
Originally posted by Dade Murphey
I'm just gonna take a shot in the dark...but I'd say DG likes to lvl like this at TH...not many other reasons to get worked up over this...actually all in all this has been a fairly decent discussion till DG showed up bringing anger

the only exploit i ever did ( and i was warned by a GM about that) and i assumed that i actually did it, was killing some LE runners (and i did had a reason for doin that ask me if u wana know)

the problem is not if they are exploting or not to me...........

the problem its is atitude towards ppl that he actually dont like....

so instead of fighting them he tries his best to find them exploting to get rid of them .

as i said if they actually did sometin directly to him by exploting i would agreed 100%........

and as far as i know i havent flamed anyone ....yet...

im just showing my point of view.....

if he was so pissed by them doin that he should report them (tho lamess aswell in my point of view) to get GM to warn thme and fix the damn turrent....

no reporting someone, no matter if they are exploiting or not, just kuz u dont like them is chikeness.....

its the ame when u were kids and u did soemtin, and someone goes to the teacher complaining about it

in portuguese we have a word for that, but i dont know in english

Varaem
06-02-04, 15:05
its the same old story

u dont like them lvling u go kill them ur self, but since ru a pussy and u cant u just prefer to report on them, and make a thread so everyone flames at them so they get in the bannable aerea

thats retard

i would agree if u reported them for using an exploit that alowed them to kill u or ur clan mates.....

looking for excuses to ban someone u dont like when they arent actually doin nottin to u is pure lamesssss

grow some balls and camp that shit and take them out

There, you flamed me. :p

s0apy
06-02-04, 15:10
I would have if I'd known it was an exploit, and I got screenshots, which I couldn't for a few reasons, like they were attacking me and I forgot about f12. I think I'll rebind it to T or something so it's not so far away. :)

aye - granted, but you don't need screenies to report this particular exploit. just write a report telling where the turret is, and how it can be exploited, and the coders should take it from there. they should'nt need to actually see someone exploiting the turret to see that it's exploitable - they normally send a GM to test it out anyway.

QuantumDelta
06-02-04, 15:12
get a gruop and take them out? at their op zone? at redrock? the op that you can drop a single stun turret and cover the entire outpost?

its true they're smart for taking an easilly defendible op that they can level at, but again, it's exploiting according to qd who gets info from a gm. I didn't get my info from a GM, I just read the statements and notes KK have made when regarding the situations above^

Search the forum; Why was NCPD HQ Closed?
Why was MC5 Changed so many times?
Why was there invisible walls put up in Chaos Caves and Aggy Cellars?

To stop people like this.

DG is arguing his own point, but that point being that it is superceeded by our own, not realising the simple truth;
Exploiters should be banned.
Regardless of the level of exploit.
Regardless of whether there are people in the game that can handle the exploiters.

And I actually like some of the clan she's talking about (don't know most of 'em), it doesn't matter.

Devils Grace
06-02-04, 15:12
ok maybe a little, i can do much worse u know;)

my point remains tho...

op or not go there with a group and kill them,

stun or no stun if u dont go inside the op u wont get stuned.....

grow some hairs in ur chest, and fight them back:p

make their live miserable, camp the GR, hack the op, whatever,

acting like this only shows (not flaming intention) that ur to afraid to go there...

damn is hard not to flame lol

Devils Grace
06-02-04, 15:16
Originally posted by QuantumDelta

DG is arguing his own point, but that point being that it is superceeded by our own, not realising the simple truth;
Exploiters should be banned.
Regardless of the level of exploit.
Regardless of whether there are people in the game that can handle the exploiters.

QD i think exploiters should be banned when they exploit directly to a player to have a win situation, thereffore using in game mechanics that are bugged....bugged or bad made...

yes in that case they should be banned....

using ingame bugs, to exploit without harming any other person, shouldnt be banned....

they shouldbe warned and the exploit fixed/removed.......

actually bitch on forums about that for me is much as lame as the exploiters it self when they actually are just lvling and they arent killingh him or them (his clan)

s0apy
06-02-04, 15:20
my point remains tho...

op or not go there with a group and kill them,

stun or no stun if u dont go inside the op u wont get stuned.....

grow some hairs in ur chest, and fight them back:p

make their live miserable, camp the GR, hack the op, whatever,

honour amoungst theives, there may be, but i'm amazed that you can't see the simple fact that exploiters are not to be tackled in-game, since they are abusing the game. this isn't the schoolyard where it's lame to "grass up", "klipe", "rat on", whatever your peers.

we may play vigilanties in-game to avenge in-game wrongs, but when players step across the mark by abusing the game itself, they step outside that protection - outside the game - and the only appropriate recourse is to report them to the authorities.

QuantumDelta
06-02-04, 15:23
An exploit, is an exploit.
Regardless.

Their warning should be the temp ban.
The exploit should be fixed by the time they get back.

I don't care who someone is, or how minor the exploit is, it pisses me off to see people taking advantage of things like this, to get the jump.

Killing those turrets is insanely fast leveling, with no risk at all.
People have been banned for less (Tank keys cough).

The issue is not "go sort them out" the issue is "this should be stopped."
And, in my mind, the offenders, punished.

edit;
well said to s0apy's second paragraph.

Varaem
06-02-04, 15:23
Powerlevelling exploit may not have a direct effect on anyone, but it'll have an indirect one. They'll be higher level much faster which means bad news for people who fight against them. In the case of alts power levelling, your enemy clan (for example) gets more capped characters faster which is the fault of an exploit. So yes it does hurt people, it just requires some thought to figure that out.

Edit: Going to sleep. I'll be back in a few hours.

Devils Grace
06-02-04, 17:13
if u go to caves ur exp it will be the same as hiting the turrents, thats no excuse.......

ppl cap chars in one week without exploit.......

Forget My Name
06-02-04, 17:15
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
If they cannot be hit back by the turrets - yes.

Sorry, this isn't EQ.

Hitting a mob that cannot hit back is not an exploit. What is an exploit is if the intended difficulty of the mob is made nil due some problem, like the mc5 glass. Sure you can aoe in there and not get hit now, but before there was NO chance of being attacked.

Attack those turrets all you like.

KimmyG
06-02-04, 17:20
I dont think its an expliot its not like the person tryed to get in to some bugged area so he couldn't be hit he just walked to an area and started to attack. Its stupid if you have to go wait from my position the mob can hit me let me move right in front of it so I can get hit.

QuantumDelta
06-02-04, 17:20
Originally posted by Forget My Name
Sorry, this isn't EQ.

Hitting a mob that cannot hit back is not an exploit. What is an exploit is if the intended difficulty of the mob is made nil due some problem, like the mc5 glass. Sure you can aoe in there and not get hit now, but before there was NO chance of being attacked.

Attack those turrets all you like. Those weren't KKs words.
You weren't around.

I am NOT going digging to quote them, I know what they said, but of course KK throw away the rule book everytime it's published.

From their past comments, it is an exploit specificially due to the wording of their comments.

s0apy
06-02-04, 17:21
if u go to caves ur exp it will be the same as hiting the turrents, thats no excuse.......

ppl cap chars in one week without exploit.......

there is a difference between levelling in the caves and exploiting turrets. in one, you position yourself correctly, place a weighty object on your mouse button, and go watch porn for the rest of the evening, in the other you do not.

Forget My Name
06-02-04, 17:26
So you are telling me that everyone should get banned?

Look, how many people here level off of warbots or farm parts? How many of you go behind a hill, or OUT OF RANGE, where you can target them and they cant fire back? Everyone tries to peek from behind a hill to aim on their target box, in a way that they do the fire animation but they cant hit you.

If KK wanted this game to be 100% mob fair, they would have made it a real rpg with turn based fighting, but alas, this is a fps engine , and they know that. If they truley wanted 100% mob fair fighting, there would be no terrain but just flat land with no buildings or anything.

I agree with you QD, you big fat cock :), that some times it is an exploit. But sometimes it is a fact of the game engine that this cannot be avoided. As long as mob difficulty is not hampered, then its ok. Just give the laser turrets aoe and be done with it.

Spoon
06-02-04, 17:32
I'm surprised this thread made it past the first page..........

Shouldn't it have been closed for either "discussing exploits" or closed for the "keep it in game"?

Personally, I think someone is just stirring sh*t.....

:rolleyes:

Forget My Name
06-02-04, 17:49
I do not see any exploits here.

If this game has aoe weaponry, then this game was made to be able to kill objects, whether npc or pc, without them hitting back.

Now, some objects were never ment to be soo easy or even hittable. Like mc5 was impossibly easy with teh glass, so they removed it. You can still aoe all you want in there though.

True, I do not know how those th turrets woik, but my guess is that if you can aoe them, then oh well. What is kk going to do? flatten the terrain all around mobs so we cant aoe them form safety?

Next time you are at an op war, and you are getting hit from aoe weapons hitting walls and buidlings, I dare you to call a gm and say that the aoe weapon is an exploit.

As long as I can hit monsters with aoe our out of range with rirlfes, then oh well.

Myrlin
06-02-04, 18:16
The problem is not with AOE weapons. The problem is with PSI spells because they can aim around corners. AOE does damage to a large area, but that damage is reduced the further from the center you get. PSI spells can hit an opponent that cannot target them back and do the full amount of damage.

I'm amazed that people can say this isn't an exploit. If you were at an Op war and a monk was able to hit you with a non AOE spell from outside the op by shooting through a wall, you'd sure as hell think it was unfair. The situation with the TH turret is the same. People are standing behind a wall and hitting a target that can't target them back and can't move to a position where it can target them.

Zanathos
06-02-04, 18:21
I think the said clan is us :p

We've talked to a GM and we have found a perfectly legit way to attack those turrets now :)

Lifewaster
06-02-04, 18:38
Originally posted by Zanathos
I think the said clan is us :p

We've talked to a GM and we have found a perfectly legit way to attack those turrets now :)

The legit way is prolly to hide untill mana refreshes then move into a spot where the turret can hit you, spam a mana bar worth of spells , lose some life, then hide again to heal and refresh mana.

To be honest its not really any much diff than firing from a covered position, the exp is still limited to mana refresh rate anyway.

so I'm really not bothered to consider it an exploit in the second case all though technically it is I guess.

The only issue really is if this is levelling system is available in a warzone with no belt risk to the levellers, when corresponding exp in chaos cave or graves require use of anarchy zones.

So if that is so , then just move the particular turret into the neighbouring anarchy zone and it shouldnt be an issue to players.

Chaplin
Look, how many people here level off of warbots or farm parts? How many of you go behind a hill, or OUT OF RANGE, where you can target them and they cant fire back?

You dont want to get it ? o_O

If a mob UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE is able to hit you... then its a savespot (= exploit).
moving WB = no
turret = yes

Shadow Dancer
The problem is turrets don't move.

Forget My Name
06-02-04, 18:39
Originally posted by Myrlin
The problem is not with AOE weapons. The problem is with PSI spells because they can aim around corners. AOE does damage to a large area, but that damage is reduced the further from the center you get. PSI spells can hit an opponent that cannot target them back and do the full amount of damage.

I'm amazed that people can say this isn't an exploit. If you were at an Op war and a monk was able to hit you with a non AOE spell from outside the op by shooting through a wall, you'd sure as hell think it was unfair. The situation with the TH turret is the same. People are standing behind a wall and hitting a target that can't target them back and can't move to a position where it can target them.

So? If that same monk could hit me with an aoe spell through a wall, good for him. kk designed that weapon to do so. The situation with TH turrets is not the same. aoe weapon is aoe weapon. If kk wanted us to be hit back all the time, they would have us go into turned based combat where we walk up to the mob, get locked in, and we duke it out one hit at a time... but wait, kk didnt want this kind of game when they made neocron now did they?

Now, aside from this, I can see where the turrets should not be a source of exp. Maybe kk should just remove the exp gain from them. Is that so hard to do? BUt if you do this, then we cant use monk aoe on any normal mobs in the game either. Lets just take out aoe completely and make this game turned based.

Myrlin
06-02-04, 18:45
Which part of "AOE is not the problem" didn't you understand??

If the monk can hit you through a wall with a NON-AOE spell then it's a bug. Monks are using non-AOE spells to attack this turret and it can't attack them back. Its a bug in the game and it should be fixed.

Forget My Name
06-02-04, 18:49
Well, then remove third person. What do you want me to say? as long as we have third person, monks can do this to any npc, and player, not just turrets.

So the problem isnt the turrets, it is the third person.

QuantumDelta
06-02-04, 18:52
I personally wouldn't mind it being removed, but then, I use first person all the time because I personally think third person is cheap (easier aiming, less recoil, no screen obstruction for tanks, easier to be spacially aware).

It also doesn't make me feel like I'm playing much heh.

Myrlin
06-02-04, 18:54
Finally something we agree on. Personally I think removing 3rd person is a bit drastic (and we know how much KK like the sledgehammer approach). I'd like to see the problem fixed without removing 3rd person.

That change is going to take a long time to implement. For now, it would be easier to just remove this turret or remove the wall that people can hide behind.

EDIT: I play in 1st person all the time too QD, but I don't want it removed for everyone.

Forget My Name
06-02-04, 18:57
People are aurguing over a moot point. Some bugs are exploits, and some 'bugs' are not bugs.

The problem isn't that you can hit something and not get hit back with third person or aoe, the problem is this..... Does KK intend on this mob to be this 1)easy and 2) expable. MC5 was too easy, while ncpd npc's were expable.

Now, in the grand design of this game, if KK decides/ decides that turrets are there for comsmetic reasons and not to be used fo rexp, they only have two chioces...

1) remove them
2) remove exp gain from them

You cannot remove third person from game and you cannot remove aoe items. So those top two choices are simple.

I agree that turrets cannot move, but then again, tdoes that make us exploiting when we attack oop turrets by using the clipping plane and attacking them from an angle, or attacking them out of range woth reifle, or using aoe on them, or using third person on them?

Do we gain exp from op turrets? if not, which I dont know, then make it the same for th turrets. no exp. problem solved. can I be on the payroll?

Shadow Dancer
06-02-04, 19:01
I don't mind third person being removed for combat. But removed all together?

I like looking at my char. :P

Lifewaster
06-02-04, 19:01
I used to play first person on my old tank. Never liked 3rd. First person is nice for pistols and guns but third is way better for monk aiming, because of the difference in aiming style with monk needing the initial click to be exactly on target while guns can just begin firing them move onto the target.

But after starting a monk, well 3rd person aiming and movement is just too much of an advantage to turn down, also not having your buffs obscured by the psi gauntlet is nice too.

If everyone had to use first, that would be ok I guess, but its PvP game and gimping yourself by not using on a monk is too much of a disadvantage.

JackScratch
06-02-04, 19:37
You guys do know about serverside/clientside discrepencies right? It is not imposible, in fact with the rifle doing it I have little doubt it is true, that what you are seening is not an acurate depiction of reality. Rifles can not fire through solid objects. Also there are a number of semi AoE modules that are designed so that the can fire through and around things. They have their own balanceing side effects, but they are lagit. This thread is all based on perspective, you need to do a lot more reasearch before you assume what is happening. An exploit is possible, but with the description you have given, I think it unlikely. They are clever, not cheaters.

Lafiel
06-02-04, 19:39
Oh, ok. I see it all the time by a certain clan who owns redrock for the sole reason to level. Btw, why aren't you on AiM, qd? :-P

how the hell do you know that is the sole reason of owning that op?!!? your just making assumptions

Devils Grace
06-02-04, 19:51
now is goin to be that real players are those u play in 1st person kuz third is easier and so u are a lame bastard, kuz u have no skill bla bla bla....

i play in third person with all chars not onmly monks

it gives a more sense where u are and where ru enemies are

@topic, is it the players fault that turrents cannot move

most easy thing to do anywhere, in everygame, is attack static objects..........

exploit, maybe, but then again...

Varaem
06-02-04, 19:58
I don't think it's the player's fault there's bugs in the game... it almost never is the player's fault. Just because it's easy though, doesn't mean it should be exploited. That's the whole point of exploits... they're supposed to make things easier than how the game meant them to be.

Devils Grace
06-02-04, 20:02
yea but the atitude u had
" buahhh ahaha i got u know and if u dont stop spanking me im goin to tell momy(kk), that u piss behind the floors isntead of pissing in the toilet as it should be" is not for my likings..............

get it:o

Varaem
06-02-04, 20:03
Originally posted by Lafiel
how the hell do you know that is the sole reason of owning that op?!!? your just making assumptions

How do you? O_o :rolleyes:

besides the TH turrets, redrock is probably one of the most useless ops. It's a mine, it's not anywhere terribly important because of how close point red and th are, and doesn't have anything to hunt besides an occasional hoverbot, some bats, and.... some blue, static, 120/120 mobs that can't hit people with their laser cannons if you do certain things. And I see that clan levelling there a lot. :p

But yeah, it's more of an educated guess than fact, but not a pure assumption.

Lafiel
06-02-04, 20:06
.. because i own the op maybe?

Forget My Name
06-02-04, 20:15
I don't think it's the player's fault there's bugs in the game... it almost never is the player's fault. Just because it's easy though, doesn't mean it should be exploited. That's the whole point of exploits... they're supposed to make things easier than how the game meant them to be.

Yes, so when something is easy, KK fixes it, like MC5 window or punchable ncpd npcs. A static turret is not supposed to be easy. I believe it is not even supposed to give exp at all. I believe that th outside turrest are completely cosmetic, and there to shoot assorted bad guy npcs.

Lafiel
06-02-04, 20:18
they are my worst enemy... god damn when those things r shootin u u cant cast NOTHIN

Lifewaster
06-02-04, 20:26
They wont change the turrets to copbot/Mc5 fire effect cos that would make TH impossible.

Most likely thing is they will remove this particular one, not overly soon though as its not the most critical thing.

Also since its a warzone, pretty much anyone can come tag some exp at the spot with little risk.

Do you know do you lose FA faction symp for killing these cos I wouldnt mind a bit of nice exp myself. Just need 2 psi levels for cap.....

Organics
06-02-04, 20:43
I think it's exploiting :)

I recently saw a pair of newbi characters, one was a tank who was hiding around the corner of the turret, but hitting it with his knife. The PPU was healing the occasional damage when the Tank moved wrong.

Full exploit IMO, and I didn't like them doing it :) So I pushed the tank away from his corner into the turret so it blasted him to death. Heh heh HeH.

Other people pushed them too, eventually they gave up and went elsewhere I think. Should have followed and kept on pushing :)

Stupid exploiters.

Varaem
06-02-04, 22:02
Originally posted by Organics

Full exploit IMO, and I didn't like them doing it :) So I pushed the tank away from his corner into the turret so it blasted him to death. Heh heh HeH.

Stupid exploiters.

Good job!

Devils Grace
06-02-04, 22:07
Good job!

the job u would have done...............

but no bitch is way more funnier

fun fun fun bitch bitch bitch

Mr Friendly
06-02-04, 22:17
i still dont get that shit so called 'exploit' bout shootin turrets where u cant be hit. Its the EXACT SAME THING with a high lvl mob, except mobs spawn more :rolleyes:
anyway, i never thought they would get so serious cuz of whiners bout this when in the first place, thats what the PSI modules are MADE to do....*sigh* ****** ass whiners in this game are destroyin it..."waaa, hes lvlin off those turrets without gettin hit & im sittin here eatin soup..waaaa" my god, pathetic nubs

Mr Friendly
06-02-04, 23:39
also btw, ive talked to a GM in-game & it is an exploit if u'r neutral or allied to that turret's faction. if ur enemy factions to it, its called RP. also like lafiel said, while im shootin these turrets, it brings relief from all the times they've hit me where i couldnt get up a hill, hit me across the entire zone, hit me down a long ass hill. they're annoying as hell & enemy faction = i k33l

Forget My Name
07-02-04, 00:13
hhaha, you are soo full of shit.

Your telling me a GM is telling you how to rp?

Hey, why dont you tell that corrupt GM to dm me sometime in game so he/she can suck my rp dick.

I don't believe you for one bit, but if what you said is true, why dont you tell that GM to pay your monthly fee since the gm wants to tell you how to play your game.

Exploits have nothing what so ever to do with faction alliances. What kind of dog/bull/elephant shit are you spewing out of your mouth?

Lafiel
07-02-04, 00:33
heh yea id have to aggree wit you on that one mis

Birkoff
07-02-04, 00:36
How do you? O_o :rolleyes:

besides the TH turrets, redrock is probably one of the most useless ops. It's a mine, it's not anywhere terribly important because of how close point red and th are, and doesn't have anything to hunt besides an occasional hoverbot, some bats, and.... some blue, static, 120/120 mobs that can't hit people with their laser cannons if you do certain things. And I see that clan levelling there a lot. :p

But yeah, it's more of an educated guess than fact, but not a pure assumption.

They own 1 of every other OP and want a mine... OMG EXPLOIT... jeez get a life.

Any class can attack them, Just b/c you can cap ur character 100% in 3 days where a monk has to kill a 120/120 mob for a few dyas to get 1 int gain. Theres the bug not the turrets.

n3m
07-02-04, 00:39
hhaha, you are soo full of shit.

Your telling me a GM is telling you how to rp?

Hey, why dont you tell that corrupt GM to dm me sometime in game so he/she can suck my rp dick.

I don't believe you for one bit, but if what you said is true, why dont you tell that GM to pay your monthly fee since the gm wants to tell you how to play your game.

Exploits have nothing what so ever to do with faction alliances. What kind of dog/bull/elephant shit are you spewing out of your mouth?
re-read it three times :p
LOL

On Saturn, there an LE'd Biotech monkey, he keeps shooting
the turrets, till theyre about 4 hits from being destroyed. Dont
remember his name tho

joran420
07-02-04, 00:47
I wish they would just can all the TH turrets ;P then we could lvl off the FA there instead :P

[edit] so are the turrets exploiting when they hit you from 10k m away and you have no chance of hitting back?

Full exploit IMO, and I didn't like them doing it So I pushed the tank away from his corner into the turret so it blasted him to death. Heh heh HeH.

wouldnt that be an exploit in itself since your using game mechanics to kill a player without losing SL ?

i think this threads gonna be closed soon

Lafiel
07-02-04, 01:04
than again, what ISNT an 'exploit' in neocron

neocron does too much of a good job supporting exploits

Zeph0n
07-02-04, 01:07

You should have sniped them with your SH. They probably would have thought the turret magically hit them somehow. As hose turrets can pretty much hit you half way across the map im assuming your talking about those towers with the turrets on them. On the towers in redrock they at least have 4 turrets. One at each side of the tower so its impossible not to get shot until you kill one of them and then can hide on that side. So either way they can only abuse the los as long as it takes for the turret to spawn then your going to get shot by it until they take out another one. Sadly all monks abuse that line of sight deal especially that 3rd person bullshit. You should have killed them.

Mr Friendly
07-02-04, 01:08
according to KK, if you are "taking advantage" of somthing its an exploit......by god if thats an exploit there would be no players cuz everyone would be banned:rolleyes:

Psycho Killa
07-02-04, 01:14
I dont care about what is or isnt an exploit but I have seen this EXPLOIT yes exploit it allows you to stand there under a turret and fire away while it has 0 chance of hitting you.

So if im an enemy to city admin and I find a way to hit them in the headquarters without them hitting me back mr friendly then thats roleplaying?

HOLY SHIT O WAIT

That has happened before and guess what ncpd is closed of for that very reason.

Mr Friendly
07-02-04, 01:28
dunno who u know of that lvls there, but all my city friends i know have lvld in teh NCPD hqs, not the CA HQs

closed off would mean no one could enter....its not like that to my knowledge

note that a 'gaurd' is much diffrent than a 'turret'. i cant remember where, but if ur enemy factions, a turret is a mob. ur at war with that faction. it makes perfectly good sense to destroy one of the faction's turrets.

Nvidia
07-02-04, 01:36
Sorry to burst everyone's bubble here... but I've talked with a GM in-game about this issue, and he said,

"Unless a higher-ranking GM tells you this is an exploit, it's legit, and you guys can keep doing it."

Shadow Dancer
07-02-04, 01:51
Originally posted by Nvidia
Sorry to burst everyone's bubble here... but I've talked with a GM in-game about this issue, and he said,

"Unless a higher-ranking GM tells you this is an exploit, it's legit, and you guys can keep doing it."

Isnt honeypot a high ranking gm?

Organics
07-02-04, 02:49
Um, I think it's more the fact that people are attacking neutral/allied turrets round the corner say, with a knife and not getting hit back.

Sure, attacking an enemy faction turret is fine, that's the whole point, not that it'd be particularly constructive IMO since you'd be there all day I guess LOL :D

And btw, to whomever said me pushing the guy into the turrets line of fire is an exploit, then LOL. If the game didn't allow player contact, there wouldn't be any pushing or anything. Standing round the corner out of LOS hitting the neutral/allied turret with a knife is an exploit. It would be the same as leveling off a guard who couldn't move for some reason and couldn't fire/couldn't see.

I remember in UO there was a time when guards didn't instakill, they just appeared and you could outrun them if you were quick. People used to stand on the side of a fence and shoot them with arrows, GM'd (got to 100, max in UO for a skill) Archery with a minimum of fuss. The GM's got wise to this, temporarily banned several players caught doing it, then changed the rules of the guards again.

I think if KK wanted you to level off neutral/allied things, they'd just let you kill anyone with no penalty :rolleyes: If you were trying to do the same thing against an enemy turret, you'd get your ass kicked by another turret if you were 0/6 like the people I've seen using the exploit against neutral/allied.

Organics
07-02-04, 02:51
Originally posted by Nvidia

What was he talking about at the time? Enemy turrets in TH? Or neutral/allied turrets in TH?

Vid Gamer
07-02-04, 03:11
It's actually stupid to do this because you won't level CON.

ichinin
08-02-04, 03:18
I've used this for my (ex) monk, did level up pretty good. Talked to UnknownDevice about it, did mention that i get hit once in a million, he said "as long as there is a chanse of it hitting you, it's not exploiting". Too bad my FA/Next faction symphaty wend down to -1 billion though..

Also, i've used the house F_08 and J_11 to hide in from Warbots and DoY bots. If i move (move around really) to the exact position in the houses, neither bots will NEVER - EVER hit me. (sometimes i get hit, but hey, medkits.), i guess that's an exploit too; poking a warbot with a sniperrifle, then when it's near i can shoot it ... or even punch it to death - 3 dmg/hit btw :D

I know of a sure way to level off those turrets even IF they are placed to defend eachother (No, i'm not telling how - that IS an exploit - even in my mind)

Psycho Killa
08-02-04, 03:30
Yea it has a chance of hitting you if you move away

Im pretty sure when they say has a chance of hitting you they dont mean when you move from the spot where its impossible to hit you :rolleyes: