PDA

View Full Version : Rifle Spy Help

Stigmata
06-02-04, 11:43
http://www.getsomeskills.com/datas/users/3-spy%20rifle.JPG

this is my first attempt, could anyone advise on a change or poke some holes in the setup

Mirco
06-02-04, 11:48
Unless kk changed the requirements for inquisition armor you wont be able to use it with 43 strength.

Edit: To be able to use all 3 inquisition parts like you have done you will need a strength of 49.

Stigmata
06-02-04, 11:49
ah shit its 46 str isn't it

switch exp balitic with er..... something else that gives dex

balance advancer 3

Scikar
06-02-04, 11:51
Distance Weapon 3 won't take 3 STR off you, and gives +8 R-C, +8 T-C. Much better than Exp Ball 3. If you're drugging to Inq 1 anyway, then I think it would work out better to use Dist Wep 3, and drug to put your PA on if necessary, works out better on the points that way. Also I don't think you have 61 STR for heavy inq boots. :p

Stigmata
06-02-04, 11:53
the distance 3 would means i have to drug to use armor all the time, becuase i would always be on 113 dex even with the 6 from PA included

edit/ had wrong pa on

tuxy
06-02-04, 11:55
if you add 1 more tc point you can use stealth 3 with your rifle buff
might come in handy

Scikar
06-02-04, 11:56
Good point. I never did quite finish my rifle spy setup. :p

Also 31/48 ath/agl is going to be really slow. :(

Dade Murphey
06-02-04, 11:57
http://www.pc-architect.com/dade/Spy%20setup.JPG

shodanjr_gr
06-02-04, 11:57
Your agil/athletics is very very low. You got like 40/40...

Mirco
06-02-04, 11:58
The inquisition helmet requires 49 strength. You`ll need to use a berserk 2, moveon and strength booster 2 to be able to do wear it without drugs. The boots are 45 strength and the pants 48. You`ll gimp your dex and without drugs you`ll only reach 113(Edit: forgot about the SA, my mistake) if I`m not mistaken. Edit: Removed useless sentence because of first edit.

Stigmata
06-02-04, 12:01
http://www.getsomeskills.com/datas/users/3-rifle%20spy%202.JPG

amended, poke more holes plz

edit/ im a drug whore now, beast and detrosol forte

Dade Murphey
06-02-04, 12:01
You can use all rifles with that setup...like my post up there shows...you're just slow as fuck...and it's really a very boring character =\ atleast for me it was

Stig...you still haven't got enough str dude...you can't use med inq boots either unless you go for str 49 imps and then drug up more to higher str...look at my posted setup a couple posts up

You have to have a min of str 49 to use all INQ1 and Light Inqboots

Stigmata
06-02-04, 12:06
ta dade, still amending, so what str is medium inq boots ?

also i have 46 points in dex free acording to my setup, where would be best to spend them

Scikar
06-02-04, 12:07
Originally posted by Dade Murphey
You can use all rifles with that setup...like my post up there shows...you're just slow as fuck...and it's really a very boring character =\ atleast for me it was

Stig...you still haven't got enough str dude...you can't use med inq boots either unless you go for str 49 imps and then drug up more to higher str...look at my posted setup a couple posts up

You have to have a min of str 49 to use all INQ1 and Light Inqboots

That's what the Beast is for. ;)

What's with the 46 free DEX points though?

Eledhbrant
06-02-04, 12:08
Yeah inq helmet needs the full 49 STR

and you can only wear LIGHT inq boots unless 49 STR + Drugs as Dade said.

Your speed isnt as bad as your first pic, that one was terrible, snail spy :p

Scikar
06-02-04, 12:08
You could overspec agility and get some speed monk/tank style, or just shove it in rifle and see how high your FLs RoF goes.

Oh also I don't think you really need that much transport, if possible I would get 200 pierce armor.

Dade Murphey
06-02-04, 12:11
When i posted that he didn't have the edit on there yet :p
Having tried that character type...I would seriously suggest using imps to str 49 and then if you do anything use drugs to increase speed...it will be totally to your benifit to have your armor not quit on you...more so than it would to have naturally higher speed...

you should add the drugs on in your setup too...just so you can see xactly what's going on with your guy

Stigmata
06-02-04, 12:11
ok changing to light inq boots,

what is req for TC on stealth 3 and obliterator ?

Dade Murphey
06-02-04, 12:14
what is req for TC on stealth 3 and obliterator ?

too much Stig...you'll have to give up rifle in which case then you could get rid of one of your str imps or whatever and change over to something else like a pp chip or something

110 Stealth Activator III DEX:110 INT:85 T-C:95 macht 30 s unsichtbar

115 Obliterator DEX:120 INT:95 T-C:100 macht 60 s unsichtbar

Stigmata
06-02-04, 12:18
http://www.getsomeskills.com/datas/users/3-spy%20rifle%203.JPG

ok latest version,

@ dade, i would prefer to use beast to get armor becuase of the massive agility bonus, iirc redflash does not give as much

shodanjr_gr
06-02-04, 12:23
I like this one much better. Now all you need to do is get like 20 Por and ur set (so u dont loose half ur health till the drug kicks in).

Stigmata
06-02-04, 12:31
Originally posted by shodanjr_gr
I like this one much better. Now all you need to do is get like 20 Por and ur set (so u dont loose half ur health till the drug kicks in).

nah to get 20 in poison i would lose out else where, and the idea of being rifle is not to get to close anyway.

SpawnTDK
06-02-04, 12:32
rc spy is still underpowered, dont give to mutch about the "perfect" skillz

Rade
06-02-04, 12:33
Youll get much more return for the points if you boost health
instead of enr/fire on that setup. If you go like 31 base fire resist
and 50 base energy and put the remaining points in body health
youll get alot more staying power.

Original monk
06-02-04, 12:35
funny setups: ask divide and jernau for help: they are pro's concerning spy's :)

also: are you a sniperspy (as in stay in a distance with SH, dis, ..) ? you wonna do good damage before they catch ya and run away before they can even reach ya ? or ya wonna sacrifice offense fo defense and be a littlebit stronger ? even drug up for shelter ? maybe be a bit stronger (resist/health/armour-like) to run into OZ station or PP to do a small lightningattack: like run in, start firing away at a dood with (a littlebit less damaging but still very dangerous) FL and RoG and run back away/stealth as soon as it gets hot ?

lots depends: also the choise of the exp balistic3 / distanceweaponcpu ... + it aint fun to drug up everytime to use a armour :/

also a slow ass spy is a dead spy ... also FA is really dangerous ... but HL is more common and atleast as dangerous ... even with youre heavy belt :/

im still tweakin my armour and resist on my riflerspy tough after a year and more i still didnt find the good overall setup where ya can keel extremely fast with + have time neough to stealth/run when situations get crazy :) ... especially when ya dont wonna nerf youre rifleskill to use a inq armour :/ its not like inq 1 is that strong ya see, but then again it all depends on how you gonna play youre spy.

also exp heart 1 is usefull :) poison gonna be nerfed anyway and xray ya got bones and armour :)

beware of cookiecutter setups tough

Lestard
06-02-04, 12:37
i would reduce hacking to 120, thats enough to easily hack every op.

Dade Murphey
06-02-04, 12:38
i'll give ya stig...that's a nice looking set up...what about switching out your antigamma foot for an xper foot instead...give ya a bit of a boost to AGL you could put in rc or tc...you already got a shitload of xray resist anyway

edit: monk...with that setup he could do close or far combat...it won't matter a lot...atleast in theory...though a friend of uses something like this...and I think he fights close a lot

Stigmata
06-02-04, 12:47
i'll give ya stig...that's a nice looking set up...what about switching out your antigamma foot for an xper foot instead...give ya a bit of a boost to AGL you could put in rc or tc...you already got a shitload of xray resist anyway

edit: monk...with that setup he could do close or far combat...it won't matter a lot...atleast in theory...though a friend of uses something like this...and I think he fights close a lot

yeah ive already changed it on my planner, just aint posted a new pic yet,

i want this much hack for hacknet, maybe more. OP's take 100 hack, any more is a waste.

Mirco
06-02-04, 12:47
On that last setup. Isn`t the weapon lore a little low? Its been a while since I used rifles.

Dade Murphey
06-02-04, 12:50
Stig...for fun if you plan on having this guy when DoY comes out you could plan on going for more Hack...be fun to xplore HackNet once it's out...hehe

Edit: Micro...his WL is fine

Stigmata
06-02-04, 12:54
http://www.getsomeskills.com/datas/users/3-rifle%204%20hlt.JPG

ok this is with Rade's suggestion of more health, looks pretty good.

this char is primarily for hacknet

Rade
06-02-04, 12:58
Looking great, Id take that char PvPing. Very close to my friends
rifle spy which I've setup and am using atm..

Dade Murphey
06-02-04, 12:58
Hmm...I was gonna suggest that maybe once hacknet is actually implemented you drop your Psi Use and put it in hacking...but I see you don't really have any psi power so that would really screw you...but the setup looks cool all in all

BTW: what all do you have him drugged up with?...I don't know my drugs =\ haha

Stigmata
06-02-04, 13:01
i need all that psi use just to cast my buffs and shelter.

ok so i think im happy with setup 3 and 4 low hp better resists and high hp lower resists.

just got to get the 25 dex and 25 int to cap, leveling is soo boring.

oh and i need to get a SA

BTW: what all do you have him drugged up with?...I don't know my drugs =\ haha

im not sure what you are trying to say here, please rephrase :)

Dade Murphey
06-02-04, 13:09
Not saying anything really...haha...I was seriously just asking what drugs you use...a lot of people can look and be like "Oh...he's using blah and blah and blah" but me...I've never used drugs on any of my characters past that +3 dex drug so I have absolutely no idea what you've used to compensate for the lower str to be able to use that stuff

Stigmata
06-02-04, 13:14
ah i c

im using detrosol forte +5 psi and some psi use iirc

and beast +5 str loads of agility and melee O_o

Original monk
06-02-04, 13:37
+ dexdope to put in youre PA

Stigmata
06-02-04, 13:42
why do i need a dex drug to put on pa, a simple relog does that for me

Scikar
06-02-04, 15:48
Why do you have endurance? I'd just take plenty of stams around with me and use the endurance points for more fire resist. Also don't redflash and whiteflash have -ve HLT? So I would try not to use them.

Sleawer
06-02-04, 16:11
I have almost identical setup on my spy (99 int grr), tho he caps all rifles and uses stealth3 without needing buffs. With that setup you shouldnt be able to cap aiming in certain rifles... prolly damage in all... I just gave up some points where I didnt really need them.

Oh make sure you have both drugs active at same time or your aiming in Disruptor and SH will be awful :p
I preffer to not rely in drugs except for the armor.. you are making yourself a bit more dependant.

Not bad setup, you will enjoy it.

Argent
06-02-04, 17:16
Originally posted by Lestard

More like 105 or 110. Enough for ops but a bit hard, and a joke with spy buff.