PDA

View Full Version : Rare Parts List English v6.5 - Patch 196

StryfeX
06-02-04, 08:35
Version 6.5 of my Rare Parts List has been completed. Download it here (http://home.comcast.net/~cydog2001/stuff/rarepartsv65.zip).

Changes:

Fixed bug where the Devourer would turn green when a Cursed Soul was ready to be built. (Found by Maarten)
Fixed bug where the Ravager would turn green when a Malediction was ready to be built. (Found by me)
Added a "Last Updated: ..." field to the "Export to HTML" functions in the format "Last Updated: <monthname> <day>, <year> at <hour>:<minute>". It grabs the Date Last Modified value from the actual file, which is the last time it was saved.
Made the Version and Patch numbers variables so it's easier to change all instances at once.
Completely redid the way colors work in the spreadsheet.
Updated to patch level 195.
-- Added Mosquito drone.
-- Added Raptor drone.
-- Modified PPW bonus on PSI Core and Dimension Splitter to 10.
-- Modified INT requirement on Obliterator: 95.
-- Modified the bonuses/maluses on the Smart Cybereyes: +-4/8/12/16.
-- Modified the requirements on all PSI spells.
-- Modified the Law Enforcer description: Added "*CAN NOT BE REINSERTED AFTER RANK 30!*".
-- Modified the maluses on the DOY Psycho Kamikaze Chip (PSI): INT malus is replaced with a -40 PPU malus.
Updated to patch level 196.
-- Modified T-C requirement on Obliterator: 100.
-- Modified stealth duration of Obliterator: 60 seconds.
-- Modified Strange Book description: Removed due to bugs.
Modified the "Type" field for drones, adding the drone type.
Added a Color Picker interface to the Tasks window.

There is unfortunately one known bug:

In the title of the exported HTML files, it has "<br>" about half way through. I'm still weighing my options as to what to do.

Feel free to play around with the colors, as there's a "Set Defaults" button that will reset them. One thing I should note is that the background color does not apply to exported HTML files. Also, if you change the Modifiable Highlighting colors, don't be too surprised if you don't see a change immediately, as there is a separate color-scheme affecting any cells keeping track of tech parts that have a value of 0. They are listed as "Modifiable Cell (Zero) Highlighting ..."

I plan to start working on an import/export solution soon.

As usual, please report any bugs you find in this thread.

--Stryfe

Nvidia
06-02-04, 09:01
Sex man... thanks. This is awesome :)

XenivouS
06-02-04, 09:26
this rocks dude awesome work!

MythosYuga
06-02-04, 09:34
Thanks for the file. So much better than Neocron Parts Database. :D

Morganth
06-02-04, 09:38
Brilliant file! Only problem I have is is it possible to update the new sheet using the data in the last version I have? Would save a little time for me but a lot more for people with loads of rare parts.

spongeb0b
06-02-04, 10:37
I love this file, I been useing it for ages.... just one thing tho... would it be posible to put the mana drain on spells (ie: mana used to cast?) would be helpful

Maarten
06-02-04, 10:51
Thanks, I'll try it when I get home...

El Barto
06-02-04, 12:41
wow, thanx m8, was looking for one as well :)

StryfeX
06-02-04, 16:19
Originally posted by spongeb0b
I love this file, I been useing it for ages.... just one thing tho... would it be posible to put the mana drain on spells (ie: mana used to cast?) would be helpful I think I could arrange that. I'll wait for more feedback today and then probably put out v6.6 on Saturday or Sunday.

Originally posted by Morganth
Brilliant file! Only problem I have is is it possible to update the new sheet using the data in the last version I have? Would save a little time for me but a lot more for people with loads of rare parts. I'm going to start working on an import/export method to do just this.

--Stryfe

StryfeX
07-02-04, 00:37
A couple more bugs I've found:
Tasks button is broken in Office 2000.
Number formats error when opening up in Office 2000.

I already know how to fix the first bug, but the second may be a little more tricky since I don't actually use Office 2000 at home any more. (I use Office 2003.)

These are both slated for repair in v6.6.

--Stryfe

P.S. - Can anyone tell me the PSI energy cost to cast the following:

-- Chaos Queen Flameavalanche
-- Holy Lightning
-- Antibuff
-- Fire Apocalypse
-- Holy Thunderstorm
-- Holy Firestorm
-- Holy Antibuff
-- Holy Pestilence
-- Holy Antipoison Sanctum
-- Holy Paralysis
-- Catharsis
-- Holy True Sight Sanctum
-- Holy Catharsis
-- Holy Catharsis Sanctum

rob444
07-02-04, 00:49
Nice work. However I dont like macros and I have the security set to highest, I would activate your macros but I cant view them since its password protected. Will I miss some special features if I have them disabled?

trigger hurt
07-02-04, 00:53
excellence once again stryfy poo.

btw...lemme buy your account from you.

StryfeX
07-02-04, 01:01
Originally posted by rob444
Nice work. However I dont like macros and I have the security set to highest, I would activate your macros but I cant view them since its password protected. Will I miss some special features if I have them disabled? Lessee... You'd lose the ability to export to HTML, the ability to print properly configured sheets (both with data and blank), and you won't be able to use the new color-changer interface I made. You can still change the colors though. Tools -> Options -> Colors tab.

I'll release all the code (again) once I make some fixes for v6.6. The only thing my code does that even touches any files is get the Last Modified date from the spreadsheet, the rest of it is just populating fields in forms, printing/exporting things, and number crunching.

Hell, the largest chunk of code is just there to aid me in adding new item's descriptions.

--Stryfe

Not yet. I'm planning on possibly coming back to check out BDoY. If that flops, THEN I'll sell you my account. ;)