PDA

View Full Version : When are people going to change?

Marx
06-02-04, 04:18
A coupla' hours ago I took my tradeskiller to Pepper Park and was working out of Pepper Pub. I advertised, I had people keep things clear down below; I relied on my notoriety to keep things tranqual.

It was tranqual. Very tranqual. In fact, after advertising for nearly two hours, I had five people come up to me to get stuff repaired or researched (good thing I had a paper to do :rolleyes:). I of course was accosted by people who demanded I come to a safe zone to service them; what got me was most of these people are the same ones who proclaim the need for a hardcore server, or no safezones, or full drops on these forums. THESE people were demanding I come to a safezone because *insert religious deity*- forbid they drop something.

The same people who complain and whine on trade-NC and make fun of tradeskillers, "hurr hurr - u r carebear, why u no fight? lololololo".

The same people who harass new players and lowbies.

It's a sad day when a roleplaying tradeskiller is more 'hardcore' than the 'hardcore' players.

Moving on...

So I figure, "Hey, they want a margin of safety". So I kill a NPC and a bartender in the Pepper Pub with the help of a PPU (Because I'm a full tradeskill spy with no weapons skills or resists) and mosey on over to OZ-8.

I'm sitting pretty, red as a cherry, broadcasting where I am and still offering service. I even tell people to have below X amount of soullight to avoid gettin' picked off by the guards...

Still no one comes - still everyone wants me to come to a safezone.

Still everyone accusing me of waiting to kill them. Yeah, all 0/56 of me babeh.

Hell, it is possible for tradeskillers to work out of anything other than a safezone and live. Why? Most people respect the fact that you're playing in such a way which makes their lives easier. Granted you have the pains in the butt like I mentioned above (exhibit a.: "hurrr hurrr..."), but they generally won't harass you unless they have a reason to (i.e. you and them don't get along all that great).

Will the Pepper Park factions actually HANG in pepper park? Maybe actually DEFEND their turf? Maybe chill in THEIR clubs? C'mon, the faction guards are there, there's no excuse to keep hiding behind a freakin' safezone. Oh, you're BD and a hated tradeskiller? Have you looked in the secret BD HQ? I sincerely doubt a group would mount a massive operation solely to kill just you. Possible, yes. Doubtful.

Oh, you're Tsunami and want to chill? Try the subway, it's a safezone and is ten times more fitting then some nook or cranny in P3.

Crahn? You got an excuse. The Crahn abbey is shotty compared to PP2 and PP1, but you have OZ-9 and a monestary in the wasteland.

Fallen Angels?! You actually seem to work out of TH, I have no beef with you.

TG, oh man, the horror. Most TG players seem completely oblivious to the fact that they have a canyon.

:(

Anyway...

This weekend, I'm going to host/uberfy two Pluto events. One on friday, my favorite type of event, a search. Over 10 million credits worth of items will be littered throughout the Outzone, Industrial Sector, and hopefully main sewer. I'm aiming to do this around 6pm EST (GTM-5).

Saturday, I plan on adding a prize pool to the Fight Night. If someone in charge of that (looks towards remus's place) could contact me, I'd like to donate another 10 million for the prize pot.

With that done, my character on Jupiter started, and all the current members of W/T set up for life, I'll turn away from pluto until the great NC:BDoY - by which time I honestly hope things will change.

Later Pluto. Hello Jupiter.

QuantumDelta
06-02-04, 04:27
Credit to you for taking a trade skiller to a non-safe zone and advertising...
FA just get victimised for that o_O

Rade
06-02-04, 04:49
Well, if I would have seen your ads I woulda come just to check it
out. I hang out in PP most of the time anyway *shrug* with how
runspeed and damage works in nc its not like its hard to leg it to
a safe or guarded area if need be even if you dont have
stealth/are a ppu.

Psyco Groupie
06-02-04, 04:54
* > pluto

:lol:

Mr Friendly
06-02-04, 04:56
RL > all servers :p kekeke

Tycho C
06-02-04, 04:57
I was just thinking the same thing. I'd go check it out just to see if you were real. Maybe commend you with some compliments or something. Good to see action.

Jest
06-02-04, 04:58
Im always in PP or the Oz8 jail. I saw your ad Marx but I was out leveling and didnt need a constructor or a repair job so was no need to come unless to chill.

It pisses me off that people stay in safe zones all day too but there are plenty of us that dont. Im in the Pepper Pub pretty often too. :p

Gotterdammerung
06-02-04, 05:22
People never change

and

the check is in the mail

Marx
06-02-04, 05:48
Originally posted by Gotterdammerung
the check is in the mail

:D

Originally posted by Jest
Im always in PP or the Oz8 jail. I saw your ad Marx but I was out leveling and didnt need a constructor or a repair job so was no need to come unless to chill.

It pisses me off that people stay in safe zones all day too but there are plenty of us that dont. Im in the Pepper Pub pretty often too.

Sorry about generalizing, but people who actually hang in these areas make up a very very very small minority.

It's aggrivating that zones which are there solely for the players aren't used. I'm not going to pretend that it's purely a pluto issue because all the servers are like that.

Of course that won't change until people start to look at Pepper Park as something other than a warzone.

Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
* > pluto

:lol:

Naw, pluto beats a puckered butthole anyday.

:angel:

KramerTheWeird
06-02-04, 06:07
Pussy Club doesn't have a cryton's, nor does pp subway, nor do they have biochems. Not even our faction office has these. We do hang out in pp1 but people like fighting us so we don't have time to relax or tradeskill. It's more so what we need isn't availble than not wanting to hang out there because it's anarchy. Also people make habits of logging on then going afk for hours for no apparent reason.

Shadow Dancer
06-02-04, 06:16
Give my apu a TL 3 heal and remove parashock from PvP, and i'll gladly live in any dangerous area. :p

Psyco Groupie
06-02-04, 06:19
well i just been loming a messy PE and playing with nades in pepper park with my mate ... nearly got a bd monk killed by guards using nades *woops* :angel:

anyway .. im back in plaza 3 now cos im reading forum :)

G.0.D.
06-02-04, 06:27
Oh, you're Tsunami and want to chill? Try the subway, it's a safezone and is ten times more fitting then some nook or cranny in P3.

Im not sure but that just *MIGHT* be a knock at pimp :rolleyes:

Marx
06-02-04, 06:45
Originally posted by G.0.D.
Im not sure but that just *MIGHT* be a knock at pimp :rolleyes:

Damned straight.

I respect alot of people in PIMP, but they don't belong there.

Originally posted by Kramertheweird
Pussy Club doesn't have a cryton's, nor does pp subway, nor do they have biochems. Not even our faction office has these. We do hang out in pp1 but people like fighting us so we don't have time to relax or tradeskill. It's more so what we need isn't availble than not wanting to hang out there because it's anarchy. Also people make habits of logging on then going afk for hours for no apparent reason.

How about pushing for a change to the YO's vendor there? He does absolutely nothing except buy shit. Get him to sell parts and you're golden. Hell, you could get a street hawker tossed into one of the chairs too. In one GM swoop all the things you need are there.

I've been pushing that for a long time through a myriad of faction counsellors, but it's always ignored. Some clans and people have better relations of course.

:)

Scikar
06-02-04, 11:36
If I was on and needed stuff done I would have come and found you - and hung around for a bit to make sure ya didn't get killed when someone lost too much condition on his CS. :p

I think it would be much cooler if certain things could only be done outside of Plaza. What if tech parts and rare weapons were completely banned on the streets?

GT_Rince
06-02-04, 11:43
Originally posted by Marx
TG, oh man, the horror. Most TG players seem completely oblivious to the fact that they have a canyon.

Nahh! I hang around in TG plenty and at peak times, there are always peeps running around - does get quite busy. Mostly FF & Spirt tho :D

leGit v. 2
06-02-04, 11:43
hey i chill at PP.. but there is no1 tehre to convo with.. so why would i chill at a place where it is deserted? I have red sl a lot.. cant do shit.. but i do run around pp and still i go to plaza 3 cause thats where all my fellow neocron players are, i DEARLY LOVE MY FELLOW NEOCRON PLAYERS.. I LOVE THEM SO MUCH.. but i cant be afk in a non safe zone with red sl sorry..

Maarten
06-02-04, 11:46
Idea: make copbots attack CA enemies on sight... :)

Nightbrother
06-02-04, 11:53
Originally posted by Maarten
Idea: make copbots attack CA enemies on sight... :)

They will when BDOY gets here. :)

\\Fényx//
06-02-04, 13:10
Originally posted by GT_Rince
Nahh! I hang around in TG plenty and at peak times, there are always peeps running around - does get quite busy. Mostly FF & Spirt tho :D

and me sometimes :D ;)

btw explain this pls, why am i a newb killer when im killing someone wearing PA 3 ? O_o

[TgR]KILLER
06-02-04, 13:15
Yea i saw u on trade all night.. i was going to come to ya.. running tru PP1 had some red ppl on local but ran tru.. only in PP2 some more red ppl.. 1 was a hybrid or ppu or whatever.. and as i ran past i noticed a dmg boost so i kinda duck into my PP3 appy and went back to TH..

ezza
06-02-04, 13:25
Originally posted by \\Fényx//

btw explain this pls, why am i a newb killer when im killing someone wearing PA 3 ? O_o i think they are calling you a noob who kills :p

nice of you to try doing your trade in the PP areas Marx, i say keep it up, i know when i need tradeskillers on pluto id happily head to PP for some stuff, people are so lazy, you want to buy something you go to the shop you dont get the shop to come to you if you know what i mean.

i was lomming in PP2 last night sitting by the shooting range watching over my faction HQ, nipping into PP3 time to time to buy more loms

GT_Rince
06-02-04, 13:32

I know - 'cos u wanted to kill my noob spy... remember DMing me asking where I had gone? :p

Well, my Tank is pretty well setup now, so we will have to have a duel sometime - NF tonight if you about ? I need the praccy :D

Scikar
06-02-04, 15:50
btw explain this pls, why am i a newb killer when im killing someone wearing PA 3 ? O_o

Well duh, only n00b tanks wear PA, and only n00bs play other classes. ;)

Duder
06-02-04, 17:41
Well if there were any BD tradeskillers the BD Secret HQ would be nice, close to crytons and safety inside the bunker, but eh.

Most PIMPs wont hang out in the subway because its far away from a GR.....just my impression...

Thats why there should be no soullight, and instead all faction symp based, it would restrict city zone access...that is Plaza & Via Rosso with CA Copbots.

It would move every goddam gang, terrorist and religious cult members out of plaza and into the streets.

I stay alot of my time in Secret BD HQ, but its useless when other BDs can stay in plaza, making the use of BD HQ, FUCKING USELESS.

You gotta herd the sheep, you know.

Lifewaster
06-02-04, 18:55
Ppl wll do whats easiest, if they can get their tradeskilling in a zone that has more ppl, doesnt risk then death/implant damage/repokes/loss of prized items then they are generally gonna choose that over the quick thrill of "Ooh I risked losing something in PP" , because for some reason, It they do die or lose something the thrill quickly turns into a simple pain in the ass.

If they want this thrill they can always gear up and look for trouble in PP anyway, its not like choosing not to get research done there somehow prevents them from going there to fight at a time of their choosing.

As was said earlier, its not gonna change........

Scikar
06-02-04, 19:06
Put it this way. Who's really surprised that when CA enemies get kicked out of Plaza 1, they all tradeskill in P2 and P4 instead. :rolleyes:

Artie
06-02-04, 19:18
Damn, i respoect what you're doing Marx. It sucks when you're trying not to just pwn...but to GAME ...which is what people seem to be missing nowadays =\ i feel bad for ya. If i was on, i'd have just chilled there with ya. Always don't need a excuse to hit the pub, know what i mean? ^_^

Shadow Dancer
06-02-04, 19:24
Originally posted by Duder
Well if there were any BD tradeskillers the BD Secret HQ would be nice, close to crytons and safety inside the bunker, but eh.

Most PIMPs wont hang out in the subway because its far away from a GR.....just my impression...

Thats why there should be no soullight, and instead all faction symp based, it would restrict city zone access...that is Plaza & Via Rosso with CA Copbots.

It would move every goddam gang, terrorist and religious cult members out of plaza and into the streets.

I stay alot of my time in Secret BD HQ, but its useless when other BDs can stay in plaza, making the use of BD HQ, FUCKING USELESS.

You gotta herd the sheep, you know.

I tried hanging out in the subway, but no one hung out with me. :p

I want to hang out in the Jail, but.......well I don't have to explain do I?

Mr. Chainsaw
06-02-04, 19:48
Wow, if I had been on last night I would probably have swung by. I'm bored of going to plaza 1 to get everything done. The only reason I go there is because that's where my appartment is and that's where all the tradeskillers seem to hang out.

Most of my time is spent trying to encourage people to come to the Outzone. It's my favorite hangout. Come on, we've got a MALL out there, do you have a mall in plaza? I didn't think so. Outzone>Pepper Park>Plaza.

If I see you working form PP and I don't have any work that needs done, I'll at least stop by and sex you.

KramerTheWeird
07-02-04, 02:01
Originally posted by Duder

That actually is a reason we choose that little corner in p3. I think carinth originally did it as biotech in eradicators as well so we all sort of adopted it as pimp. People going to and from GR's give good service for tradeskillers and it also allows for faster mobilization for emergancies.

Shadow Dancer
07-02-04, 02:17
I wonder if we could ask a GM or a faction counselor to place a genrep there.