PDA

View Full Version : [BRAINPORT] Appartments/Neighbours/Access

Vampire222
06-02-04, 00:47
K this is gonna be a biggy,
What would rule was if nc had like different floors (lift code takes a floor number) you get assigned a appt on a floor.. theres a big hallway with multiple entrances, meaning... You got players as NEIGHBOURS!) for example, my new plaza level 3 appt is on floor 12, i punch in 12 at the lift computer of my appts lift, zoom i go up, i end up on the start of the walkway with multiple entrances, and my entrance is 4, you can assign a password to it so people knowing the password can enter your appt, or you can lock it so only you can enter, up to you, and controlled tru a term function called appartment options...where you select the appartment, and edit those options.

This new system would rule in conjuction with new appartment customisation... imagine fights with your neighbours, itd be a whole new experience.

Also as a n00b you immediatly get some ppl around you that you can ask for help, their your neighbours after all

shodanjr_gr
06-02-04, 00:53
Its an excellent idea but i thik it is very difficult to implement without wippin all the apartments first.

Organics
06-02-04, 00:53
Good idea to a point, only massive problem I can see is that you WILL get morons camping the floors, so you won't even be able to step foot inside your apartment before they shoot you to pieces. As it stands you only have to walk a foot or so to get to your apartment, with the new idea, it would take somewhat longer to walk to your apartment.

I like the idea, and think it would be fun. Unfortunately, certain groups of people would make it quickly unfun, therefore negating the point of doing it :(

dem0n
06-02-04, 11:41
Nice idea, but like it's said, I don't know how'd they do that without doing a wipe, or they could but still it would be debatable which appartment you'd get [first door, 2nd door, 3rd door], people might feel cheated. I'm not saying KK can't take the existing database and implement it into the new app system but it's just going to be bad if I don't get the appartment with a nice point of view ;).

As for appartment camping, there is a VERY easy solution:
make it a safezone

leGit v. 2
06-02-04, 11:45
i LOVE THE IDEA VAMP.. i love you !!!!!!

Vampire222
06-02-04, 12:43
Originally posted by leGit v. 2
i LOVE THE IDEA VAMP.. i love you !!!!!!
yes ofcourse, ill have a think about making it not too unfun, i mean it shouldnt be safezones, pvp in a hallway coz you killed your neighbour in pp1 earlyer would be great, but yea, people who camp your appt complex 24/7 wouldnt be so cooll

Varaem
06-02-04, 12:59
Great idea, but another problem with the whole neighbor helping you out bit...

How many people hang out in their apartment? What is there to use an apartment for, besides storage? Everything else can be gotten in a place where everyone can meet, like p1/2/3 for example.

subsys
06-02-04, 14:20
i agree with organics, ive been killed in my apt hallway several times before due to people getting bugged in there and opening fire, if they know how to get to you floor then well, you can guess where this is going now

Agent L
06-02-04, 20:28
hmm, elevator caping shouldn't really be a problem, one can always GR to his/her apt and shoot campers in their back :D

Vampire222
06-02-04, 23:57
yea, id say persons living there would gr directly to their appt by default... term to set all those options :)