PDA

View Full Version : KK... fix. turret. drops. midfight. now.

Possessed
05-02-04, 23:04
Please... for the last time, fix turrets so they cannot, viably, be dropped midfight, it takes more skill out of op wars than fucking holy fucking para FFS. The fact that as soon as one turret gets killed, another fucking one can be put in its place as soon as you can fucking run there and open RPOS then right click is just fucking stupid, turrets are fucking emplaced defensive weapons... it's the equivalent of building a pill box irl in a matter of seconds ffs.

Please, just fucking fix it.

Mr Friendly
05-02-04, 23:06
it has been & always will be a tactic in OP fighting

BUT i remember someone or some thread comin up with an idea that turrets can only be dropped when unstealthed & only a certain class could drop em....good idea imo

KimmyG
05-02-04, 23:08
Whats the big deal? It adds a challendge to ops fights you gotta take your time and go in at the right momments mid fights gives an advantage to the defenders like it should and makes it challendgeing.

Take your time pushing in wait till you have picked off a few runners and have taken out some turrents then rush.

Only reason to lose cause or turrents is a stupid mistake.

One question you from pluto?

Possessed
05-02-04, 23:09
It's not the use of turrets that pisses me off, it's how they're used, they're not meant to be dropped midfight, just a 60 sec cst timer on them would be perfect... hell even less would work....

Psycho_Soldier
05-02-04, 23:10
Ya, kind sucks when you kill like 4 turrets and then 10 seconds later, 4 more pop up in the same place.

KimmyG
05-02-04, 23:12
Originally posted by Psycho_Soldier
Ya, kind sucks when you kill like 4 turrets and then 10 seconds later, 4 more pop up in the same place.

How does that suck?

It makes op fights last along time, instead of taking 5 mins. What goes on, on pluto do you all blow the turrents then rush in and get stuck up?

___T-X____
05-02-04, 23:13
fix turrets so they cannot, viably, be dropped midfight

I think KK have 'fixed' enough, take the easy to get around GR system for one.

If its not completely fucked then I hope KK dont touch it. Everything they touch turns to shit.

Just learn not to run in Gung Ho, seems to work for most semi-skilled clans

Maarten
05-02-04, 23:13
Community: "Hybrids are too strong! NERF THE HYBRIDS!"
KK: "Hybrids nerfed"
Community: "Para ruins PvP! NERF PARA!"
KK: "Para nerfed"
Community: "Turrets ruin OP fights! NERF THE TURRETS!"
KK: "Turrets nerfed"
Community: "NERF NERF NERF!"
KK: "?"

One thing is sure, the mood is not getting any better because of topics like this...

If you want to make a point, do so in a normal way without having to use the word fuck 8 times. Then maybe someone will take you seriously...

Sidenote, I do agree with your point however. A 10-30 second construction timer like QD suggested would be logical/balanced.

QuantumDelta
05-02-04, 23:16
Should just give them a 10-30 second construct timer...

Alex The Great
05-02-04, 23:19
Just make it so only Csters Can place turrets YAY fixed.

shodanjr_gr
Originally posted by KimmyG
How does that suck?

You whine that parashock takes teh skill out of pvp right? Dont stun turrets take the skill out of OP warfare? They dont allow u to move. Where is the skill in stealth dropping turrets all the time? Nowhere. It doesnt make fights last longer, it makes them a pain in the ass. In my opinion the people who are in favor of stealth droping turrets are the people who actually stealth drop them. Only them, noone else.

Shadow Dancer
Dropping turrets mid battle is stupid. You can easily have 3-4 idiot stealthing pes dropping turrets around and behind people's back. It's not a "tactic", it's just plain cheese. There's no skill in dropping turrets, it's like having infinite people at your disposal.

Eliminate turret dropping MID battle.

KimmyG
05-02-04, 23:24
This thread sums out how n00b pluto is now.

Turrents are used heavly on saturn yet people still manage to win as long as they dont go in for stupid moves. Lots have won op wars where turrents are used heavily. Guess there a little much for pluto.

Mr Friendly
05-02-04, 23:24
the defending clan actually has the right to make yall have to kill tons of turrets, since to do this, u guys would be UG camp whoring. turrets this way is a way to just say back the fuck off outta the OP so its an even fight & we all dont die as we zone up, crash, get bugged, w/e

i know thats not MID-battle, but still, its a tactic & a part of OP wars. its the way OP fighting is in this game.....if u dun like it, go play sumthin else instead of tryin to get KK to nerf & fix everything that u dont like.

Turrents are used heavly on saturn yet people still manage to win as long as they dont go in for stupid moves. Lots have won op wars where turrents are used heavily. Guess there a little much for pluto.

& no, the decent size clans usually dont have a problem with it. & also that when it comes to certain clans ;) they're damn good at turret droppin - its the new 'skill' in neocron :p

___T-X____
05-02-04, 23:27
the defending clan actually has the right to make yall have to kill tons of turrets, since to do this, u guys would be UG camp whoring. turrets this way is a way to just say back the fuck off outta the OP so its an even fight & we all dont die as we zone up, crash, get bugged, w/e

Agreed. Just leave the Op if you cant handle it.

BTW Got Teh Mod has posted on this, so this is a really flogged thread

Shadow Dancer
05-02-04, 23:27
Originally posted by Mr Friendly

Well sometimes the defending clan simply plays zone-a-cron with the UG, so they deserve to crash and die IMO.

i know thats not MID-battle, but still, its a tactic & a part of OP wars. its the way OP fighting is in this game.....if u dun like it, go play sumthin else instead of tryin to get KK to nerf & fix everything that u dont like.

That's silly. As long as I see imbalances in the game, I'll campaign for their tweaking or removal.

Originally posted by ___T-X____

BTW Got Teh Mod has posted on this, so this is a really flogged thread

Huh?

Gotter posted what? An official statement from KK regarding turrets, or just his own opinion?

:confused:

Psyco Groupie
05-02-04, 23:28
A clan did this to mine last night .. well they always do it .. but we usually get around it .. anyway this time it caused all of us to sync .. i reloged and was 2 zones away from the fight ... for a ppu this is kinda hard to fight

fix it .. not only does it sway fights but it causes some sick lag

Psycho_Soldier
05-02-04, 23:29

Figures someone from clan known to not have skill and depend upon turrets would say that. :rolleyes:

___T-X____
05-02-04, 23:31
Gotter posted what? An official statement from KK regarding turrets, or just his own opinion

dunno, trawl the turret threads, its about 3 months old

Rade
05-02-04, 23:33

Boy are you really this stupid?

Yes, simply make turrets undeployable while in stealth, just like
weapons and tools etc, shouldnt take more than one line of code.
Then add a construction timer for Turrets, it would also fail if you
move while the turret is constructing. I think the easiest way to
do this is to make the turrets used by putting them in your QB
and then "firing" them, then use the code for psi spells just
without an animation, since you can then use the runcast code
and it shouldnt be much work for KK...

Mr Friendly
05-02-04, 23:33
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Well sometimes the defending clan simply plays zone-a-cron with the UG, so they deserve to crash and die IMO.

& the defending side would be doin this why? cuz ur UG camp whoring, thats riiiight. :rolleyes: its the same as someone camping ur bed witha gun aimed at u waiting for u to wake up. defending side lives & gets away from the barrels = shooter misses / defending side kicks some ass & beats down the UG camp whorers = kid does Ken Po on the shooter, rips out his eyes, & shoves em down his pants - so he can watch him kick the shit outta him

Mr Friendly
05-02-04, 23:37
Originally posted by Psycho_Soldier
Figures someone from clan known to not have skill and depend upon turrets would say that. :rolleyes:

ahh :lol: u must be refering to the fight a few days ago when u guys UG camped us when we only had on no more than 8. FF was with u guys also....actually, yall with FF @_@. if u didnt notice the 2 dead bodies in front of the UG that came to check it out....yeah, there goes a loss of 2 main chars :\

shodanjr_gr
& the defending side would be doin this why? cuz ur UG camp whoring, thats riiiight. :rolleyes: its the same as someone camping ur bed witha gun aimed at u waiting for u to wake up. defending side lives & gets away from the barrels = shooter misses / defending side kicks some ass & beats down the UG camp whorers = kid does Ken Po on the shooter, rips out his eyes, & shoves em down his pants - so he can watch him kick the shit outta him

I cant see how you believe that UG camping is lame. Its a strategy, its not an exploit. No clan with a minor amount of skills decides to defend their op from inside the ug. Just GR to another OP close by and attack ur opponent from the rear. You can counter UG camping. U cant counter dropping insta-dropping turets in the middle of the fight.

Shadow Dancer
& the defending side would be doin this why? cuz ur UG camp whoring, thats riiiight. :rolleyes:

That doesn't make any sense. If the attackers were "ug whoring", what does that have to do with constantly sending 2-3 attackers outside to try and kill the hacker or to shit out 50 turrets and then going back down to heal for safety. Especially now with the lame ass decision to make the UG locked to the attackers, UG zoneacron is worse than ever.

defending side kicks some ass

With the help of 20+ turrets.

Originally posted by shodanjr_gr
You can counter UG camping. U cant counter dropping insta-dropping turets in the middle of the fight.

Exactly!

How did this become about UG camping anyways? Lol, this thread is just about turret dropping.

alig
05-02-04, 23:41
Originally posted by Maarten
Community: "Hybrids are too strong! NERF THE HYBRIDS!"
KK: "Hybrids nerfed"
Community: "Para ruins PvP! NERF PARA!"
KK: "Para nerfed"
Community: "Turrets ruin OP fights! NERF THE TURRETS!"
KK: "Turrets nerfed"
Community: "NERF NERF NERF!"
KK: "?"

One thing is sure, the mood is not getting any better because of topics like this...

If you want to make a point, do so in a normal way without having to use the word fuck 8 times. Then maybe someone will take you seriously...

Sidenote, I do agree with your point however. A 10-30 second construction timer like QD suggested would be logical/balanced.

And over how many months did it take to nerf them 2 things alone? if u dont make ur point strong who gives a shit wot ur saying....THESE WORK ALOT BETTER

KimmyG
05-02-04, 23:41
Originally posted by Rade
Boy are you really this stupid?

Yes, simply make turrets undeployable while in stealth, just like
weapons and tools etc, shouldnt take more than one line of code.
Then add a construction timer for Turrets, it would also fail if you
move while the turret is constructing. I think the easiest way to
do this is to make the turrets used by putting them in your QB
and then "firing" them, then use the code for psi spells just
without an animation, since you can then use the runcast code
and it shouldnt be much work for KK...

This coming from mr spy is same as a PE defensively?

Why change it? There is no problem

Rade
05-02-04, 23:42
This coming from mr spy is same as a PE defensively?

Why change it? There is no problem

I rest my case.

Mr Friendly
05-02-04, 23:44
I cant see how you believe that UG camping is lame. Its a strategy, its not an exploit. No clan with a minor amount of skills decides to defend their op from inside the ug. Just GR to another OP close by and attack ur opponent from the rear. You can counter UG camping. U cant counter dropping insta-dropping turets in the middle of the fight.

everyone's excuse is always "its a strategy" so i suppose the way i run is also a strategy, so is the way/when i crouch in PvP, so is where someone places the turrets. YES it is a strategy to UG camp, but its lame. this game is known for crashing. how many ppol outta 10 do u think on an average day would crash when zonin up? 2, maybe 3, ur now down to 7 or 8 fighters. also lets say the defending team comes up with when 3 apus have casted all 3 rare of the rare barrels....bam, each attacker, er more like each person from the team is now at least down 1/4 or even 1/3 health

this wont get fixed i know & ppl wont stop so o/w, just a rant i dun like

KimmyG
05-02-04, 23:46
I rest my case.

Rest what? The case that pluto players rush into an op before subduing the enemy force?

Mr Friendly
05-02-04, 23:48
How did this become about UG camping anyways? Lol, this thread is just about turret dropping.

ummm... ->

With the help of 20+ turrets.

shodanjr_gr
05-02-04, 23:48
Rest what? The case that pluto players rush into an op before subduing the enemy force?

If the enemy force fucking stealth drops turrets it cant be subdued...ffs...the only time they will stop is when their turret gogo is empty...when is the fun in spamming aoe on turrets constantly?

Ferabukoo
05-02-04, 23:49
i whonder why this thread was started at this time...

NERF ALLIES!! ONOz

:p :lol:

alig
PPL camping zonelines is a strategy....they know that if they dont get them in a couple second synch lag or they fre, they WILL DIE, simple as that......Same for gr campers, just about every nc player actually :rolleyes:.

shodanjr_gr
everyone's excuse is always "its a strategy" so i suppose the way i run is also a strategy, so is the way/when i crouch in PvP, so is where someone places the turrets. YES it is a strategy to UG camp, but its lame. this game is known for crashing. how many ppol outta 10 do u think on an average day would crash when zonin up? 2, maybe 3, ur now down to 7 or 8 fighters. also lets say the defending team comes up with when 3 apus have casted all 3 rare of the rare barrels....bam, each attacker, er more like each person from the team is now at least down 1/4 or even 1/3 health

this wont get fixed i know & ppl wont stop so o/w, just a rant i dun like

The point is...
DONT GENREP TO UR OPS UG!!!!!!

I never gr to str8 to the op im gona defend cause i know the UG is camped.

If some people cant understand the basics of offensive strategies maybe they shouldnt play this game...

KimmyG
If the enemy force fucking stealth drops turrets it cant be subdued...ffs...the only time they will stop is when their turret gogo is empty...when is the fun in spamming aoe on turrets constantly?

Happened on saturn a while back several Stealthers dumped turrents in the op Cartel some how managed to win the fight.

Mr Friendly
05-02-04, 23:50

which is exactly why i like the idea to make either only spies able to drop em, or for them to not be droppable while stealthed, or both :)

The point is...
DONT GENREP TO UR OPS UG!!!!!!

I never gr to str8 to the op im gona defend cause i know the UG is camped.

If some people cant understand the basics of offensive strategies maybe they shouldnt play this game...

we have our own lil strategies for defending by GR'ing to UG jtlyk :rolleyes: :)

AND ALSO, there exactly is my point. the OP owners dont even defend the OP nemore if they dont GR in. they dont defend their OP to keep it, they come from somewhere else & attack their own OP to defend it.....wtf :wtf: :lol:

shodanjr_gr
05-02-04, 23:53
Happened on saturn a while back several Stealthers dumped turrents in the op Cartel some how managed to win the fight.

Yeah....thats one case out of the 100s of OP wars that happen. You aint telling me anything. Unless the stealthers (and the defending clan in general) are noobs or the attacking clan attacks in MASSIVE force, there is no chance to do a proper fight against an army of turrets. Just because it cant be stoped.

shodanjr_gr
05-02-04, 23:55

we have our own lil strategies for defending by GR'ing to UG jtlyk :rolleyes: :)

Those strategies should catter (and counter) for the element of UG camping. I mean ffs think of it. In any combat if ur opponent is cornered with only one way out, isnt it logical (and expectable) to keep that way out under suppresion fire? But i cant see any combat situation where static defences can be instantly deployed by anyone...all static defences have a preparation time. So make em have a construction timer.

Mr Friendly
06-02-04, 00:01
eventually they believe we arent coming :) they stop barreling...a spy goes up & check out the place...creates a distraction. while turned around, our team from both the UG & entrance come in, guess who got the suprise attack now? :p thats only one way neway

shodanjr_gr
06-02-04, 00:07
eventually they believe we arent coming :) they stop barreling...a spy goes up & check out the place...creates a distraction. while turned around, our team from both the UG & entrance come in, guess who got the suprise attack now? :p thats only one way neway

/me takes a note on the back cover of Sun Tzu's Art of War :p

so you dont have a problem with UG capming then? What if they hax0r the op?

Rade
06-02-04, 00:11

Ok I cant let it go anymore.

Wether or not someone has managed to beat someone else
using turrets ever before in the history of mankind is completely
irrelevant to the discussion. You're making as much sense as
saying that roaches can beat CS tanks if they go afk for 5 hours.
When you talk about balance you have to consider an equal
amount of people with equal skill, and its already a big
advantage to have be defending the OP due to the tactical
position, and then theres the advantage of actually having the
first batch of turrets. The attackers sometimes got the benefit of
the momentum, and sometimes of timing their buffs better, but
they are already at a disadvantage compared to the defenders.
Now, I DONT CARE if your ubar clan and your ubar skills always
win even when people are stealthdropping turrets, take your
bragging elsewhere, you're not a unique fucking snowflake. If I
beat up 10 guys and their turrets is that suddenly proof that PEs
are overpowered and turrets, the classes the people play, their
setups, their computers, their parents and everyone that knows
them, sucks. No it aint you moron, try to take in account more
than one factor when you compare something or try to talk about
balance. Fact remains, stealthdropping turrets unbalance the
combat by far in the favor of the defenders, and whats worse is:
ITS BORING. Just like Parashock, the old hybrids etc. Theres a big
difference with just being overpowered and being overpowered
or unbalanced in a stupid boring way. During tank'o'cron for
example, even if tanks smacked almost everyone else around, it
was still fun. Getting ganked by a APU+PPU team (with the old
parashock) for example, is never fun. The same is the deal with
turret dropping. People who do it apparently dont try to fight,
just dropping turrets inside boxes and stunturrets in angles you
cant target them just to prolong the fight and make it as boring
as possible just to tilt the odds in their favour even when the
fight is even or they are in the lead.

Bottom of the line is, turrets give a unfair advantage when
stealthdropped. I dont care how fucking ubar you and your
friends are, compare equal teams of people and the outcome is
pretty damn obvious if one side is stealthdropping turrets.

Oh btw, I saw someone on saturn saying he likes cheeze, so
everyone on saturn must be xxx. HAHA KIMMYG IS A xxx, HE
xxxx xxxx! Oh look kimmyg logic rocks, I can make any
conclusion from anything and stuff my fingers in my ears when
people try to talk to me.

**edited before niddy shows up shouting "homophobic flames, u
r teh banz0red!"

shodanjr_gr
06-02-04, 00:15
Ok I cant let it go anymore.

Wether or not someone has managed to beat someone else
using turrets ever before in the history of mankind is completely
irrelevant to the discussion. You're making as much sense as
saying that roaches can beat CS tanks if they go afk for 5 hours.
When you talk about balance you have to consider an equal
amount of people with equal skill, and its already a big
advantage to have be defending the OP due to the tactical
position, and then theres the advantage of actually having the
first batch of turrets. The attackers sometimes got the benefit of
the momentum, and sometimes of timing their buffs better, but
they are already at a disadvantage compared to the defenders.
Now, I DONT CARE if your ubar clan and your ubar skills always
win even when people are stealthdropping turrets, take your
bragging elsewhere, you're not a unique fucking snowflake. If I
beat up 10 guys and their turrets is that suddenly proof that PEs
are overpowered and turrets, the classes the people play, their
setups, their computers, their parents and everyone that knows
them, sucks. No it aint you moron, try to take in account more
than one factor when you compare something or try to talk about
balance. Fact remains, stealthdropping turrets unbalance the
combat by far in the favor of the defenders, and whats worse is:
ITS BORING. Just like Parashock, the old hybrids etc. Theres a big
difference with just being overpowered and being overpowered
or unbalanced in a stupid boring way. During tank'o'cron for
example, even if tanks smacked almost everyone else around, it
was still fun. Getting ganked by a APU+PPU team (with the old
parashock) for example, is never fun. The same is the deal with
turret dropping. People who do it apparently dont try to fight,
just dropping turrets inside boxes and stunturrets in angles you
cant target them just to prolong the fight and make it as boring
as possible just to tilt the odds in their favour even when the
fight is even or they are in the lead.

Bottom of the line is, turrets give a unfair advantage when
stealthdropped. I dont care how fucking ubar you and your
friends are, compare equal teams of people and the outcome is
pretty damn obvious if one side is stealthdropping turrets.

[ edited ]Oh look kimmyg logic rocks, I can make any
conclusion from anything and stuff my fingers in my ears when
people try to talk to me.

O_o O_o I think KimmyG just got OWN3D

Mr Friendly
06-02-04, 00:27
/me takes a note on the back cover of Sun Tzu's Art of War :p

so you dont have a problem with UG capming then? What if they hax0r the op?

if they hack the OP & our outside team isnt near the OP yet, or they hacked quick & not many of our guys got in, then we just let em come down, they can come on down the corridor or come around the corner for us, they'll die > : ) meanwhile our other team is on their way

there's lots of diffrent strategies to use for defending, mainly cuz the action of the enemy is easily assumed & predicted. but its a diffrent story in attacking, u dunno the circumstances...its too big of a factor to make a 'good' attacking strategy. but then again, there is if ur coming back to the OP to take it back. but bah, im better in the defensive fields :p

Possessed
06-02-04, 00:28
Rade.... I <3 you, you just summed up my thoughts of the past... well... a long time.

•Super|\|ova•
06-02-04, 00:50
O_o O_o I think KimmyG just got OWN3D

Haha :lol: yes. Totally! Though I can already see him replying to Rade something more of his stupid shite since it's possible he doesn't realize he just got 0wnz0r3d :lol:

CarniFlex
06-02-04, 00:57
This thread just took a U-turn and decided to go in the flame country. Wonder if rade's post will be edited for flaming and have a sticky " take it pm" or not... The future will tell :p

About the midlevel stealthdropping turrets. Maybe im lame or something, but I think it works good as it does. Defenders should have one advantage and if its stealthing turret dropping so be it.

Omnituens
06-02-04, 00:58
Originally posted by Alex The Great
Just make it so only Csters Can place turrets YAY fixed.
this + 25 sec construct time = teh win

KimmyG
06-02-04, 01:07
Before you go into an op your force should be in total control when you are sitting in the center of the op you are prone to stealth turrent drops. It takes a good force almost no time to blast a stun. If turrents are popping out of no where it really shouldn't be to hard to pick em off.

If the clan your fighting has the perfect positions and timming to drop turrents so they can destory a good force I view that as skill. We had a good fight against a couple stealthers droping turrents who took the op and it took awhile but we had control long enough to land 3 hacks it was annoying, took time but we won and that was fun in itself.

How do you lose to turrents is my question if you got a solid force grouped up in control of the op how do you get subdued by a few spys with turrents. Lacking in the group skills to quickly single out a stun blast it then move on to the rest. If nessessary move out of the op and reset.

Going in to soon before turrents are down as is most of the enemy force can lose it.

Be all over the place so stuns push you about and brake up your force and lets players and gats take you down can lose it.

Well do this and you lose happens to everyone tough shit has happen to many clans on saturn has happened to me and my clan sometimes you lose.

I have lost lots of op fights but to blame it on a few NPC turrents is sad op fights I have seen lost are cause of lack of numbers,human errors and lack of skill. But to blame your lose on turrents is pathetic never have seen any players on saturn in any clan who cry endlessly about turrents.

Rade
06-02-04, 01:24
Before you go into an op your force should be in total control when you are sitting in the center of the op you are prone to stealth turrent drops. It takes a good force almost no time to blast a stun. If turrents are popping out of no where it really shouldn't be to hard to pick em off.

If the clan your fighting has the perfect positions and timming to drop turrents so they can destory a good force I view that as skill. We had a good fight against a couple stealthers droping turrents who took the op and it took awhile but we had control long enough to land 3 hacks it was annoying, took time but we won and that was fun in itself.

How do you lose to turrents is my question if you got a solid force grouped up in control of the op how do you get subdued by a few spys with turrents. Lacking in the group skills to quickly single out a stun blast it then move on to the rest. If nessessary move out of the op and reset.

Thanks. Since you started talking civil so will I.

Of course there are several occations where a dropped turret
doesnt matter much. If for example there is a standoff with two
solid forces exchanging fire a gatlinturret or stunturret between
them wont make a difference since the firepower isnt that hot
when theres a ppu around and it wont last long just as you said.
However, stealthdropping stunturrets can do extremely strange
things if its done with skill. For example you can drop them where
the opponents cant actually shoot them, but still block a passage
in the OP, this in turn can be used to cut an attacking force in half
or cut their escape and whatnot, theres no limit to what this can
do. Another stupid trick which isnt actually a problem with
dropping during combat, but they can be used together:
Dropping turrets inside boxes. Suddenly you need to get AE
people there and it takes alot longer to kill it, and in an even fight
you simply cant spare the people/time to do this. Theres a
thousand uses for these turrets, ever stood in a tight group at
the entrance to an op and had a stunturret dropped in your
midst? If the opposing force is somewhat equal to you youre
simply fucked, nothing you can do about it.

Altho all the above are examples which are completely
devastating, too much infact, but they are also examples of good
turret placement and skilled people on the defender side.
However, theres more. When there are large-huge fights turrets
dont have that much input since they can be taken out rather
fast and PPUs can counter whatever turrets are doing. However
in a small fight, with less than 10 people on each side, turrets can
be completely devastating. Theres numerous circumstances that
will cause you to split up or get spread out slightly and when you
are 1-3 people and maybe none of you are a PPU some dropped
turrets can ******** you, even if theres no real skill involved.

And, again, even if you neglect the above, the usual dropping of
turrets during a large battle still sway the battle because the
defenders will always have a place to pull back to where they can
heal safely and where the attackers cant follow (keep in mind this
is in the case of a pretty even fight and where they arent just
dropping one or two turrets..) but the attackers dont have the
luxury, meaning that if the battle takes an hour the attacks wont
be allowed to make one single mistake during this hour, or theyll
be rushed and killed, but the defenders can fuck up any amount
of times and just pull back into the safety of the turrets, this
would be fine! great even, if it werent for the fact that the
attackers cant really kill off the turrets in order to finally win
because the defence will just be rebuilt over and over, meaning
that the defenders can just fight a simple war of artrition until the
attackers grow tired and go home or fuck up and die.

I can go on about this forever, the examples are endless, but my
fingers are cramping up, im hungry, and im gonna go snicker at
jay leno taking cheap shots on fat people instead of spending my
precious precious time here.

Swelly
06-02-04, 01:25
It is very easy

Make it so you must have cst 100 to drop turret and
have to put them in processor and buildtime to 20-30 seconds.

PS.This is not my idea but it is a really good one

Rade
06-02-04, 01:27
Originally posted by Swelly
It is very easy

Make it so you must have cst 100 to drop turret and
have to put them in processor and buildtime to 20-30 seconds.

PS.This is not my idea but it is a really good one

Im all for something like this.

"Shit guuys, we are going to an OP war, do we have any
constructors that can come? No? Ah fuck it then.."

Ubar :D

**edit: Just look at the combat engineers in Planetside, they are
great fun to play, are balanced and are played alot. Turrets,
mines and remote control bombs, wee.

Argronious
06-02-04, 01:27
i would prefere turrets removed from game period and each op have its own built in automated security system. would stop the turret whores and give you time to react to the op being attacked. Just my personal opinion. i think turrest are ****** and need to be removed from the game. that or they should cost a whole hell of a lot more so peeps will think twice about dropping 30+ turrets an op fight

KimmyG
06-02-04, 01:34
Ok what about when the defenders are undermanned cause the other side decieded to wait till the numbers are greatly in there advantage. Quick turrent drops can even and aid a low man'ed crew.

Rade
06-02-04, 01:42
Ok what about when the defenders are undermanned cause the other side decieded to wait till the numbers are greatly in there advantage. Quick turrent drops can even and aid a low man'ed crew.

I think turrets are great for that, but the problem is that you cant
really regulate how many turrets are used for evening the odds
with ingame mechanics. If turrets can be used for evening out a
unfair fight then they will sure as hell also be used by asshats in
order to win cheap. And its more likely that the same people who
ninja hacks ops use turrets and stealthdropping, because the
guy who actually fight when there are people on usually wants a
fair fun fight, so its more likely that itll end up 1 vs 3 odds, and
the larger force using maximum amount of turrets throughout the
fights. Yes Ive been on the recieving end of that. What happens
is that a fight that while being uneven but also maybe fun
suddenly turns into horseshit.

Invertigo
06-02-04, 01:42

maybe people dont do it on saturn like on pluto...

its not that you just rush into an OP without taking the turrets out...its AFTER u take them out, run in, fully buffed tank with heal or a stealther comes from the UG, drops stuns all around, like 2-4 of them, and then you not only get stunned, but PUSHED all the fuck over, and eventually get stuck in a hole or against a wall. so all you can do is sit there and die.

it has nothing to do with being dumb, it actually just shows how much more smarter the people are on pluto for coming up with this 'tactic' even though its a balless thing to do.

and whats this BS your talking about that dropping turrets mid fight makes the fight last longer? all it does is make it so the turrets do the fighting for the whole clan, while they relax and laugh in the UG, then come up and just slaughter the 5 people stuck to the walls.

if anything dropping turrets greatly reduces the fight time in OP fights...

CarniFlex
06-02-04, 07:41
its not that you just rush into an OP without taking the turrets out...its AFTER u take them out, run in, fully buffed tank with heal or a stealther comes from the UG, drops stuns all around, like 2-4 of them, and then you not only get stunned, but PUSHED all the fuck over, and eventually get stuck in a hole or against a wall. so all you can do is sit there and die.

Stuntraps dont stun anymore. just push people away./sidenote.

rob444
06-02-04, 07:43
I have never disliked the idea of turret drop in op wars, I've been in op wars were our clan attacks and enemies drops stuns and gats infront of you and I have NEVER, I mean NEVER got killed by any turrets that way, maybe I am uber after all ;)

Psyco Groupie
06-02-04, 07:51
rob if your surrounded by turrets that have just magically turned up and you get de buffed wihtout a def your totally screwd with 6 gats shooting you .. no this is my ppuing ability its merely a well thought out yet cheap tactic on my nmes parts .. btw the people who droped the turrets were either ppu or stealthed ... wow they owned me so badly

rob444
06-02-04, 07:52
Nah I wasnt buffed and I was stunned by a stuntrap and had a gat right infront of me and two more gats around me, I wasnt alone though might have helped me some :P

deac
06-02-04, 12:32
if your going up vs a rich clan thats hell bent on defending a op then you should have to fight turrets all fucking day...

Just pull back if you dont want to do that..... or go pvp somewhere else

Or keep destroying the turrets until the clan runs out of cash... Dont make this game even more simple and quake like....

Financial power should give you and edge too.

extract
06-02-04, 12:36
I remember a good while ago turrets when first dropped were attacked by other turrets that had been in place for a while.......

if they implemented a time delay that would say keep turrets nuetral for say 5 mins and then would take on the OP settings respectively...........maybe thats a easy fix and would be proper, as noone would drop a turret mid fight that wouldnt do anything for 5 mins...........

Selendor
06-02-04, 16:13
I guess the dropping of turrets (turrents? is that what it translates to in German?) by stealthers is a bit of a cop out because its no risk. So if they removed that I don't think too many people would mind.

However, as for removing them completely, there are many times when a clan is attacked and they only have 2 or 3 online to defend, I don't know about other clans, but when that happens we fight regardless of the size of the force, and if dropping turrets at the same time will help us defend the op then we'll do it. My thoughts are that the enemy would much rather have a fight than have us hide in our appartments, plus I always believe theres a chance of winning, no matter the odds. I believe this because I've seen some amazing recoveries by some clans, and also been the victim of some amazing recoveries by enemy clans ;)

t0tt3
06-02-04, 17:21

We do it to we dont whine.... Only pro city that whines about it imo. Last fight I was in where at Jeriko same ammount of attackers and defenders defending team dropped stuns and gats all the time mid fight we did still win the OP.

So who cares why rush? Just snipe the turrets out :D

Possessed
06-02-04, 18:58
t0tt3, Jeriko has a very, very open entrance, so its nigh on impossible to block the entire route into the op without placing a stun in the middle where it will last to seconds flat... the main concern is in OPs like Tristar and Soliko and so where theres only one... very limited entrance, (or at ops with two small entrances)... just look at Cajun last night for an example....

Also deac, in this game atm with the economy money means shit... if turrets were made to cost several mill each even when made from scratch them sure... but not currently.

Just add the damn cst counter :(

Forget My Name
06-02-04, 19:07

this shows how ignorant you are.

My clan clears out an op of enemies, dead alts telling their clan mates on teamspeak or ventrillo where we are...

pes in stealth leave the ug, then drop stuns everywhere, sticking us to walls and counters.... then monks come out of ug, fighting us, while pes in stealth drop a turret for a turret loss.

I really have to refrain myself from saying serious insults on this poster.

Where is the skill in this kind of fight? Dropping turrtes is like having another player. Why bother have levels in this game? We should all just roll up capped runners cuz an idiot who is 10/20 rank with transport can now beat capped runners.

QuantumDelta
06-02-04, 19:11
FMN You never change :D

Forget My Name
06-02-04, 19:14
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
FMN You never change :D

ahahhaa

Seriously people, what is the point of paying 20 million for a devourer or CS or DS or any other item in this game to help give you an edge in battle, when all you need is some TRA and turrets.

Why bother? Im going to roll up the cheapest and fastest PvP charatcer ever. Its going to be a 20/25 PE with all transoprt and stealth 1. I dont have to farm all month or beg for CS parts. Why should I? I can drop a st5un trap which effecivley removes players from abttle, and 120/120 gats which effectivel wins the fight MID battle.

Turret PEs.... the new build of the month.

deac
06-02-04, 23:20
Originally posted by Forget My Name
ahahhaa

Seriously people, what is the point of paying 20 million for a devourer or CS or DS or any other item in this game to help give you an edge in battle, when all you need is some TRA and turrets.

Why bother? Im going to roll up the cheapest and fastest PvP charatcer ever. Its going to be a 20/25 PE with all transoprt and stealth 1. I dont have to farm all month or beg for CS parts. Why should I? I can drop a st5un trap which effecivley removes players from abttle, and 120/120 gats which effectivel wins the fight MID battle.

Turret PEs.... the new build of the month.

and that char will cost you around 1 mill every god damn time you use it....

im betting a lvl /25 pe can afford 1 stun?

and kyle if money dont matter why dont you give me 2-3 mills just to prove it?

Forget My Name
06-02-04, 23:34
Still cheaper then buying MC5 parts, CS, Dev, Rav, etc....

Everyone, roll your turret pes now!

And yes, my /25 runner would have that money, breing in a clan obviously.

Psycho_Soldier
07-02-04, 00:14
Money doesn't matter. 1 hawkings part you could sell for 3mill. Thats one of 2 MC5 parts that are cheap. Riggers Dream part? 3 mill also. Those are what they can sell for. How long do you think it would take to get a MC5 part at MC5? You could get like 5-10 parts or more. Now think. 2-3 mill for about 200 turrets. How many turrets you think you could get with those parts. Imagine if you got 10 DS/Herc/SA parts. Each worth 5 mill or more and could be sold at that price easily. Now think how many turrets you could make with all that money.