PDA

View Full Version : Duel Equipping

ServeX
05-02-04, 22:56
I think it would be very cool if Spys could have the ability to duel wield pistols. The damage could be adjusted on spy pistols in order to make this work, or there could be only specific guns that would work with duel wielding, but it would give one more reason to be a spy which I think is neat. what do you guys all think?

Benjie
05-02-04, 22:57
Why not make Duel Weilding increase ROF at a fair cost of AIM and DAMAGE and be vaible to all 1 handed weapons?

Rade
05-02-04, 22:57
Been discussed over and over. Pistols and Melee weapons should
be dual wieldable which would have both pros and cons, as to
not unbalance it. It would look cool and add more options ie less
cookie cutters, which is always good.

Vampire222
05-02-04, 22:58
aint it called dual wielding :P

Dribble Joy
05-02-04, 23:01
Dual melee needs to happen for sure.
There was a HUGE thread months and months ago about duel pistols. Partly because back then pistols sucked donkey cock, but the idea was still a good one.

Aiming/range in trade for a slight increase in RoF, and to just look cool.

Rade
05-02-04, 23:01
Bleah: To explain further: For pistols you would have twice the
RoF, but the aim and range would be horrid, that way you would
do a little more damage up close but as soon as you get more
than 10 meters away youd probably be better off with one gun,
you also have the pro or con (depending on situation) to be able
to do more damage types at the same time by using different
pistols, but you would risk dropping one of your guns since its not
in the safeslot.

For melee weapons the RoF would also be doubled, but the
damage would be alot lower since you are wielding weapons in
one hand (this would mean that we would all have to pretend
that people with just one melee weapon uses it in both hands,
ah well, its mostly for balance anyway) so that you would do
slightly more damage, and have more damage types, but you
would risk dropping one of your weapons as per above.

Judge
05-02-04, 23:14
Personally for a duel weild system I would have:

"Melee dual weild" and "Pistol Dual Wield" Rare mods that drop whole from *** mobs. These increase the RoF by about 50% but decrease aiming 25% and range 25% (or something like that). Oh and they should look damn cool :D

Cytaur
06-02-04, 01:38
FOOLS STOP SAYING DUEL -- ITS DAMN DUAL

Rade
06-02-04, 01:44
Originally posted by Cytaur
FOOLS STOP SAYING DUEL -- ITS DAMN DUAL

*keels over from laughter*

Jest
06-02-04, 01:44
In that case I also think damn dual wielding would be cool.

KramerTheWeird
06-02-04, 01:47
Thank you cytaur, I was confused and thought this was a post about people who drug up into armor/psi only to duel and say they're uber :)

It would be very nice if you could dual wield but only specific weapons. The rare claws, paw of tiger and bear, are if you read their story line, dual wielded, so it would be cool if you could wield both and get some special bonus out of it. Something like blade of ceres or devil's grace however doesn't seem right to dual wield since they are rather big. Same with some pistols, fusion and gatling pistols seem a bit too large to dual wield, but plasma, smg, and laser seem like a perfect choice.

Rade
06-02-04, 01:48
dual lib *drooools*

Jest
06-02-04, 01:49
Originally posted by Rade
dual lib *drooools* One fire, one xray, overpowered? Nah....

Dribble Joy
06-02-04, 01:50
A foolish person specs different amonts of fire and xray....

Rade
06-02-04, 01:52
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
A foolish person specs different amonts of fire and xray....

yah.

But you could have two libs with laserpointers! imagine teh ubar
sexeh look! :D

Jest
06-02-04, 01:52
A foolish person specs different amonts of fire and xray.... Nah fire is both a primary and a secondary damage type while xray is only a secondary type. Not so foolish to have higher fire. ;)

ServeX
06-02-04, 01:57
tbh, I didn't mean dual equipping melee nor equipping on private eyes. What I meant is that the Spy class should be able to dual weild as they are weak and should be much more combat efficient than they currently are. Additionally, whether this would raise combat efficiency or not, it would motivate players to be spys in order to dual weild weapons.

Rade
06-02-04, 01:58
Originally posted by ServeX
tbh, I didn't mean dual equipping melee nor equipping on private eyes. What I meant is that the Spy class should be able to dual weild as they are weak and should be much more combat efficient than they currently are. Additionally, whether this would raise combat efficiency or not, it would motivate players to be spys in order to dual weild weapons.

I have an idea, lets make this really cool mortar type weapon
which does indirect fire and have a really big area of effect.
Would be really cool for OP wars. Oh yeah only monks should get
it.

KramerTheWeird
06-02-04, 01:59
But then it doesn't make sense. A spy is weaker in strength and endurance compared to a PE. Certainly you would need more endurance and strength to dual wield? Double recoil on a libby sure ain't something a spy could handle easily.

edit: lol @ rade..

Cytaur
06-02-04, 02:25
monks won't even be able to lift a single round o_o

Rade
06-02-04, 02:28
Originally posted by Cytaur
monks won't even be able to lift a single round o_o

my points is that monks using artillery instead of tanks is about
as silly as PEs not being allowed to use dual wield but spies
should.

**edit: didnt mean to be mean serve ;)

Bl@zed
06-02-04, 02:45
yes! dual weilding pistols NEEDS to be added...wtf is up with this shit of only being able to use ONE fuckign pistol :rolleyes:

ServeX
06-02-04, 06:14
no I understand your point rade, however, what I'm trying to say is that there are no real incentives to be a spy besides tradeskilling and sucking in combat unless you snipe, which sucks even then in most cases. Most spies can't duel any other class efficiently, no matter how skilled they are they will more often than not, die. By having duel wielding it would allow them to be similar to APUs, damage dealers, but not necesarily having an exessive ammount of defense either. Or they could have a fast as hell rate of fire, but not great accuracy or damage, and this could also manage to do the job efficiently, but my point really is that at the very least, spies should be the class that is the most efficient with dual wielding if it is implemented.

Shadow Dancer
06-02-04, 06:28
DUAL WIELDING PSI GAUNTLETS!

FIRE APOC + HL = MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORTAL KOMBAT!!

Rade
06-02-04, 12:00
@serve: I think that should be fixed in a different way, and I think
it will with DoY. For example: Construction needed to place
turrrets, hacking becomming a necesary tradeskill for combat,
droning becomming viable due to (better) antiheal drones and
mosq etc etc. Rather having spies using alot of nifty stuff like
hacking, placing turrets, and still being so-so when it comes to
fighting, worse than anyone else in straight up combat but with
tons of utility stuff that isnt just boring crap like it is now, but
actually effects the outcome of combat. In a sense spies would
be support chars, but indirect support chars unlike ppus. Dual
wielding shouldnt be class specific but rather based on
stats/skills.

INFERNO22
06-02-04, 12:15
NAHH..............

Dual Cs thats more like it;)

Jesterthegreat
06-02-04, 15:13
wyatt earps should be dual wieldable...

a nice boost for a gun that people seem to think sucks (personally i love the wyatt... massive fire stack :))

Sorontar
06-02-04, 15:22
Actually I reckon if I had two Plasma pistols equipped I wouldn't be able to see either side of the screen. I'd just have a narrow corridor of sight to the front.

Laser pistols and Smg's are smaller so they wouldn't be as bad.

Original monk
06-02-04, 16:12
Originally posted by Judge
"Melee dual weild" and "Pistol Dual Wield" Rare mods that drop whole from *** mobs

yeah and those mobs must be GM spawned in random TG/ jhonny 5 area true a special "secret..." system that only a rocketscientist can crack... to later on be removed ... only make a small event surrounding em for the full server: like 8 people or so ...

to ask all them pistolmods back a year and a half later with some excuse they are bugged/cause lag ... and when ya get caught using or selling these kind of pistols ya get a ban ...

to explain myself near:
-no i am not a GM
-no this is not official
-YES this is a (sarcastic and maybe bad) joke

noof seyd

Dribble Joy
06-02-04, 16:17
Perhaps dual weilding could be a high level WoC skill. Loose SOME aiming and half the range but double the RoF. MJS said the WoC would let us get access to new skills and weapons. A Tank could get... something to increase dmg output.

Judge
06-02-04, 18:03
Perhaps dual weilding could be a high level WoC skill. Loose SOME aiming and half the range but double the RoF. MJS said the WoC would let us get access to new skills and weapons. A Tank could get... something to increase dmg output.

Very cool idea :D

Btw... original, was that joke made at my expense? If so I don't see what your fucking problem is. :p

I would be tempted to say only dual (look I spelt it right this time :p) wield for Spies as it would give more of an insentive to be a pistol spy.... but then there is the "doesn't make sence" argument. Another idea I had would be to raise the damage (alot) and TLs of quite a few of the high TL pistols so that only spies can really use them effectively at all and then make Dual Wield available for either PEs only, or for both (probably both as it would be a bit unfair, even though PEs have better strength/endurance). Or at least Dual Wield only on lower TL pistols such as the libby or Wyatt.

But then I really prefer the WoC skill idea. So that paragraph above is really quite moot :p