PDA

View Full Version : Neocron Heritage Society

Bengalmin
05-02-04, 21:31
With all the future changes to the world of neocron in the upcoming Dome of York expansion, I feel it is our civic duty to preserve some of the past to pass down to later generations. I propose the setting up of the Neocron Heritage Society. Its goal is to preserve the history of the world of neocron for all time.

I also propose that the first project of the Neocron Heritage Society would be to create a photo archive of the world of neocron. This would involve taking screenshots of every location in Neocron and the wastes as well as searching for old screenshots of areas which have changed or closed (for story reasons, not proposing getting pictures of areas closed due to exploits) since Neocron was released.

Part 1 of this exercise is a request for old screenshots of locations such as the Neocron Bank, the Old Con-center, or the Old Outzone Jail, any area which wasn't the way it is now at the start of retail. (Other examples I can think of is the old H14 map before MC5, The desert maps without the Gates to Dome of York, the old Jeriko ASG station, and many many more) Assuming this is ok with the Mods then post your screenshots here, preferably nice ones without the RPOS and good graphics settings, but I'll take anything. :)
<mods if you have a problem with this I'll remove it>

Part 2 would be to ask for Volunteers to help capture a quality set of photos of the world as it stands now, a sort of doomsday book of neocron pre The Dome of York. I've started taking pictures of my hometown of Via Rossa but it is a HUGE task to catalogue the entire game world. This would require several runners and a mix of factions, but could be on any server. Anyone interested in helping make it known here or PM me letting me know your faction. I'll break-up the world into several assignments and then off you go to try and capture the spirit of those areas on film. Pictures would be taken at 1024x768 res with max graphics settings and the RPOS off. They can then be e-mailed to me for inclusion in the final project.

Part 3 would be compiling the best pictures of every location into a website for the community

Part 4 would be the continuing aspect of the project, whenever any part of the game world is changed then it would be photographed and added to the collection

I've completed my shots of Via Rossa (http://www.ascd92.dsl.pipex.com/Neocron/index.html) to give you any idea.

If this project is a success then there are other projects which could be considered, such as cataloguing mobs, or keeping an example of very rare items safe in a gallery, but that is for the future.

If you think this is a good idea register your support in the poll above and if you would like to help let me know.

Thanks for reading.

P.S. by posting screenshots here you give permission for me to copy them and use them in the project, I'll give credit where appropriate

Bengalmin
05-02-04, 21:58
48 views and no votes? where is your civic pride ;)

Mr. Chainsaw
05-02-04, 22:08
Ooh, like a before and after of tech haven? I think their automated cleaning bots broke down and they lost the technology to repair them.

Bengalmin
05-02-04, 22:14
A before and after of everywhere, if I can get the screenshots

Benjie
05-02-04, 23:03
This link has some ancient screenshots. It even has a picture of N.E.A.T. faction headquarters! :p (http://www.cdv-neocron.de/locations/locations.php)
Good idea by the way. I would say yes, deffinetly a thumbs up. I'll constribute where and when I can when you get a site going. :)

It might be a nice idea to download the origional offline demo (not the one in your launcher) and take some screenshots of the origional Plaza 1. For example, there is no Yakuma or Diamond Real Estate building in plaza 1 in the offline demo, just a big slab of wall. There are also hookers in the orrigional plaza 1, and a yo's pawn shop above what is now medicare! :D

Bengalmin
05-02-04, 23:54
Thanks, I'd already found the cdv screenshots, but good idea with the Offline demo, I'll have a look.

mystery8
06-02-04, 00:23
Nice idea.
There's an archive here:
http://www.gamescreenshots.com/smallthumbs.asp?category=pc&game_id=222&gallery=0
that has currently 538 screenshots. Some dating back to September 2000.

Bengalmin
06-02-04, 10:43
thanks I'll take a look at them

still no volunteers? well I do my best to get most of neocron city done and hopefully the results will encourage other people to help

Cytaur
06-02-04, 11:23
Harr now I see why TH is dirty.... Before when N.E.A.T existed, who allied themselves with Fallen Angels in order to promote their new cleaning bots.... Years passed, N.E.A.T became N.E.X.T (when those Xtreme trends were cool) and they stopped producing / maintaining cleaning bots. So now TH's supply is out of order. Those technophilliacs they can't clean the walls, like come on what if dirt gets in their precioussss technology ? :rolleyes: In few years, FA will simply move out to DoY because TH will be worse than Neocron's Main Sewers.

phunqe
06-02-04, 11:33
Btw, someone posted the background picture at http://www.cdv-neocron.de/locations/locations.php a while back in non-faded state. It's really cool. Anyone know where I can find it? :)

mystery8
07-02-04, 05:29
Well, my account is inactive at the moment (don't have much time to play right now), but I've got a number of screenshots.
I'll look through them. I know I made a few shots in the old NC Bank before it got closed because of that..
I'll try to help out with what I can.

[Edit]
Bleh. Most of my screenshots have the RPOS in them.

KramerTheWeird
07-02-04, 07:01
Some mobs may change in appearance too so it may be worth archiving screenshots of them.

MkVenner
07-02-04, 12:03
Theres some Beta 1 and up screenies here: http://www.rpgplanet.com/neocron/image_seq.asp?curr=7&max=19&pref=/exclusives/exclusive

Bengalmin
07-02-04, 13:18
I'll have then with or without RPOS.

p.s. thanks to everyone for the links, there are some very nice pics there