PDA

View Full Version : End drop rule debates bring on neptune!

Psycho Killa
05-02-04, 21:03
I dont care if safezones are being partialy removed I still want neptune and im sure im not alone.

1) No safe zones not even bars or hqs. What fun is having an hq as a safezone that kills half the fun and half of the RP YES guess what people neptune will be a great enviroment to breed rp. What good is having an enemy if you cant coordinate a strike against them where it hurts most. (Install a faction alert or something to make faction raids more like spur of the moment player events rather then 2 people going on a ganking spree.)

Bars: People will just makes this the new pp1/p3 zone war along with faction hqs. It will still be lame as hell.

2)CHANGE DROP RULES.

A) No safe slot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@!@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
B) Whoever causes the most damage to the person gets to pick up the belt for either 30 or 60 seconds after that it must be hacked open or grabbed by a team member.
C) Keep it the same that you lose one of your top 10 most valuable items.

3) Clean up the god damn rare pool and make techs slightly drop more. You guys act as if when you lose an item to the enemy it disapears forever no it just gets circulated for crying out loud.

Now a rule I kind of am starting to like that we should discuss.

Ditch rare weapons.....
Only thing that drops in parts is slot enhancers and ultima mods which drop in 3 parts and are less common drop then todays techs (Since you would need alot less and the pool isnt as crowded)

Increase the slot chances back to 8 when using an ilegal enhancer.

What do you guys think?

People who still want neptune if we keep quiet or voice will never be heard and we will be stuck with carebearcron! Thank god it looks like they want to remove some of the carebearness but neptune would keep both sides of the argument happy.

If you want to play on a no safe slot alternative server then support neptune.

You want a safe slot and no changes to pvp you should want neptune also so you dont have anyone trying to change the game the way you like it!

Strych9
05-02-04, 21:07
Agree with every word, 100%. I think removal of rares would absolutely rule in making Neptune a very PvP driven server.

5 stars.

I think that officially this thread will mark the end to my participation in the pvp/le/pk debates.

Bring on Neptune.

t0rqu3
05-02-04, 21:07
Yes. I still want Neptune.

Mr. Chainsaw
05-02-04, 21:10
I am interested in Neptune and wish to subscribe to your pamphlet :D

But seriously, what about soullight? I'm kind of disliking the soullight system lately...alot. How do you propose it works on Neptune, or remove it completely perhaps?

Breschau
05-02-04, 21:12
I like the Neptune you're describing.

Can't really see anything there I wouldn't want to see added.

numb
05-02-04, 21:12
Originally posted by Mr. Chainsaw
But seriously, what about soullight? I'm kind of disliking the soullight system lately...alot. How do you propose it works on Neptune, or remove it completely perhaps?

I would say keep sl in, but keep the drop rate at 1 if you drop to low sl as that rule is COMPLETELY STUPID :)

VetteroX
05-02-04, 21:13
so your saying if neocron was very different then its ok to have no safeslot? under THOES rules no safeslot is fine... under CURRENT rules its not..... this is exactly what ive said in both posts about this... make non rares viable, up tp drop rate, eliminate useless rares, And id add a huge nerf to stealth, like 10 - 15 second recharge time... stealth is more carebear then anything except the LE) THEN under thoes DIFFERENT rules, a DIFFERENT NC it could work...... however, you gotta get KK to make thoes changes first...

Psycho Killa
05-02-04, 21:14
I say we just make it so your kos by copbots and doy guards.

You are forced to live in the wastelands which guess what are suppose to be lawless?

So why are people losing 5 items in a lawless area??

Since noone will have a safe slot its hard to say just make them banned from the city so how about you just lose 2 items if your soullight is messed up.

That combined with the fact that people can track you down with no safezone is a big enough detterent for most people not to kill allies if you ask me and only the "ruthless killers" will kill allies but will show up on the citycom so they wont exactly have an easy life.

Or im up for other ideas such as if your soullight is under -32 you are banned from using genereps and are forced to travel on foot or something of the likes.

Uh thats what ive been saying the whole time vet.

Breschau
05-02-04, 21:15
Originally posted by Mr. Chainsaw
I am interested in Neptune and wish to subscribe to your pamphlet :D

I'd rather see soullight gone and instead faction - and faction sympathy - meaning more. So you'd be at a disadvantage to have a low rating with your choice of faction (ie, if you go killing your own faction or to a lesser extent their allies).

I'm just a little hazy on the details.

g0rt
05-02-04, 21:16
every game should have a "hardcore" server so ya...

gimme neptune

Psycho Killa
05-02-04, 21:16
O yea I also like the idea of increasing faction sympathy importance as an alternative to soullight.

If you kill to many of your allies runners eventualy there guards will start to shoot you so that will limit your ability to go certain places. If you shoot your own faction your own guards will shoot you and you will have nowhere to turn for a home and are banished to the wastelands til u make ammends with your faction.

Mr. Chainsaw
05-02-04, 21:18
Yeah, what I dislike about soullight is getting attacked by a friendly faction person, I lose soullight if I defend myself. On a no safe slot server I think it's fair to lose the same ammount of items as everyone else, especially because people can track you.

...and put a GR in the bloody prison :P

Jest
05-02-04, 21:20
No rare + no safe slot = win. Though some new weapons would need to be added. I dont know how effective my low tech pistol PE would be with a friggin tl 63 SMG. :mad:

Mumblyfish
05-02-04, 21:24
No tradeskillers :D

That said, I can't believe people want that kind of world. No belt? No safeslots? Nothing to do but kill? Sheesh.

Psycho Killa
05-02-04, 21:26
Nothing but Kill and raise money so you can build new weapons and armor to replace the ones youve lost?

Much like today but less uh retarded.

Mr. Chainsaw
Originally posted by Mumblyfish
Nothing to do but kill? Sheesh.

It's not like I do much of anything else. All my characters are focused on combat, combat, combat!

VetteroX
yes... Ill say it again, try making KK MAKE thoes changes.... try making then fix the rare pool upping the drop rate, making non rares viable, because I mean they have taken out parashock like we asked, fixed the trade bug like we asked, balanced stealth like we asked, gotten rid of usless rares like we asked..... oh wiat... no, they havnt... one thing to say "if" another for kk to do it.

Mumblyfish
05-02-04, 21:31
Originally posted by Psycho Killa
Nothing but Kill and raise money so you can build new weapons and armor to replace the ones youve lost?

Much like today but less uh retarded.

Is that honestly how shallow your Neocron experience is? Really, I'm curious.

g0rt
05-02-04, 21:32
No tradeskillers :D

That said, I can't believe people want that kind of world. No belt? No safeslots? Nothing to do but kill? Sheesh.

Hardcore servers are FUN, because unlike the servers we have now, they would acutally be a CHALLANGE.

Theres nothing challanging about Neocron atm.

Mr. Chainsaw
05-02-04, 21:33
Hey, I roleplay constantly. I love to roleplay, it's not like the ideas here prevent me from doing that. I roleplay, I fight, I explore. What else should I be doing?

Archeus
05-02-04, 21:37
Originally posted by g0rt
Hardcore servers are FUN, because unlike the servers we have now, they would acutally be a CHALLANGE.

Theres nothing challanging about Neocron atm.

Challange is trying to find faction enemies to kill.

g0rt
05-02-04, 21:37
Originally posted by Archeus
Challange is trying to find faction enemies to kill.

I call that boring. I guess its all in what you wanna do in this game.

I wanna fight.

You wanna walk around. :rolleyes:

Or so it seems.

Psycho Killa
05-02-04, 21:38
Is that honestly how shallow your Neocron experience is? Really, I'm curious.

Lets see.

Ive explored every nook and cranny there is.
Ive fought every mob there is 10000 times over.

Whats left?

Fight op wars fight battles against enemy clans for pp.

Id love the day I can actualy play the role of a black dragon and fight for pp but thats futile with the current game system. Im what gonna sell drugs that can be just as easily bought in stores? Im going to fight tsunami when its pointless since they just keep coming back and there is no objective to obtain in pp?

My neocron experience is far from shallow but it will get 100 times less shallow with the introduction of neptune.

I can do anything there I can on a regular server and enjoy it 100 times more.

I can talk with friends just the same on neptune as I can on pluto.

I can kill mobs and hunt for restocking supplies just like now on pluto.

I can sit around at a restaurant table and relax on neptune just as on pluto.

So o godly mumbly what am I missing?

Theres more then roleplaying killing people killing mobs tradeskills and chatting in this game? Please if there is tell me what it is and why you couldnt do it on neptune if not more enjoyably even.

Mr. Chainsaw
05-02-04, 21:41
Theres more then roleplaying killing people killing mobs tradeskills and chatting in this game?

You forgot sexing droms. That's a critical part of current gameplay.

Psycho Killa
05-02-04, 21:42
I think that falls under the roleplaying category.

As your playing the role of a sick demented freak o_O

Mr. Chainsaw
05-02-04, 21:44
Maybe I'm a sick demented drom sexing freak, maybe I'm just an average player, who knows? O_o

I seriously like these ideas, though. Especially about no safe zones anywhere. When DOY comes out, I'm afraid that everyone who fights in pepper park now will just end up running into club veronique instead of plaza :(

Archeus
05-02-04, 21:46
I call that boring. I guess its all in what you wanna do in this game.

I prefer to pick my targets. Rampant kill everything that moves shows no class (anyone can do it).

Try picking someone to kill, following them for a while then killing them (without realising they have been hunted for a while). More fun. Just straight out PvP outside of Op fighting is a bit boring.

This is kind of why I want reds to have 1 item drop (guaranteed). It would make reds more viable and make the hunt more intresting.

g0rt
05-02-04, 21:49
I prefer to pick my targets. Rampant kill everything that moves shows no class (anyone can do it).

Try picking someone to kill, following them for a while then killing them (without realising they have been hunted for a while). More fun. Just straight out PvP outside of Op fighting is a bit boring.

This is kind of why I want reds to have 1 item drop (guaranteed). It would make reds more viable and make the hunt more intresting.

As I said, its all a matter of what you wanna do in the game.

I don't wanna follow a guy around for a half hour waiting for him to be 50hp from a warbot to kill him. I find that boring.

Strait out pvp outside op fighting...i find fun.

So its a matter of choice. And with Neptune, strait out pvp will be viable, it used to be viable in pp1 until the carebears cried and they implamented 120/120 ass raping faction guards.

YAY!

Sleawer
05-02-04, 21:54
Absolutely love the part of no rares.

Just one thing...

SL?? Cops??
wtf?

Neptune should have no cops and no SL, why having a hardcore server and limit ourselves with carebear rules?

It's free pk for everyone, copbots shouldnt be there IMO, and if they are then it is for the shake of killing them... SL should mean nothing, you get good sl then good for you, you get bad sl then same situation.

g0rt
05-02-04, 21:57
Originally posted by Sleawer
Absolutely love the part of no rares.

Just one thing...

SL?? Cops??
wtf?

Neptune should have no cops and no SL, why having a hardcore server and limit ourselves with carebear rules?

It's free pk for everyone, copbots shouldnt be there IMO, and if they are then it is for the shake of killing them... SL should mean nothing, you get good sl then good for you, you get bad sl then same situation.

No faction guards, no safezones, no copbots, red SL means nothing.

SL can still be in it but who cares -99 sl is no diff then +100 sl

Sleawer
05-02-04, 22:00
Now that's Neptune g0rt, it sounds like the perfection if it existed :D

g0rt
05-02-04, 22:01
Now that's Neptune g0rt, it sounds like the perfection if it existed :D

Yeah it would be fun.

It would be HARD to get deep RED sl too cuz it would be hard to find positive SL nibs to slay :D

Psycho Killa
05-02-04, 22:03
No I think it should be either based of faction sympathy or..

Keep soullight but the penalty is just your made trackable and you cant enter the city.

Its still a hardcore server whats a hardcore server with 0 soullight 0 rules its just quake with a longer respawn timer.

g0rt
05-02-04, 22:05
No I think it should be either based of faction sympathy or..

Keep soullight but the penalty is just your made trackable and you cant enter the city.

Its still a hardcore server whats a hardcore server with 0 soullight 0 rules its just quake with a longer respawn timer.

cant enter city? carebear

but whatever i can live with that, but no cops or faction guards thats just bs

Psycho Killa
05-02-04, 22:07
How is that carebear.

If you want to be a mass murderer there should be a different status that comes along with it

ATLEAST being able to track the person down through the ncpd.

KimmyG
05-02-04, 22:09
How is that carebear.

If you want to be a mass murderer there should be a different status that comes along with it

Then make em trackable in the city how is the NCPD gonna track someone out in the wastes

Strych9
05-02-04, 22:11
Vett these are the types of changes I have been advocating for Neocron all along.

But I am curious why you think this would work, when one of your main big grips about removing the safeslot was crashes- did you just forget to post that in this thread? That with crashes everyone would lose items?

And what about it "not being even" since PEs and Spies have stealth and can avoid death?

Those were two of your reasons before for keeping safeslots. Have those two items changed in this proposal?

Psycho Killa
The same way they magicaly trace u now?

The same way they magicaly know you killed an enemy player in the wastelands and lose soulligt like you do now?

g0rt
How is that carebear.

in my opinion, any restriction to where someone CAN and CAN'T go because of thier status as a murderer is carebear trash, because then there will always be "safe" spots for hte nibs to hang out and not worry about a "red" coming after them.

KimmyG
05-02-04, 22:13
The same way they magicaly trace u now?

The same way they magicaly know you killed an enemy player in the wastelands and lose soulligt like you do now?

Yup thats all carebear trash flush it.

Red is red Green is green thats it.

Psycho Killa
05-02-04, 22:14
Well I disagree I dont see how thats carebear at all. If there wasnt a place for even a sligh amount of safety then noone would play.

You can still waste them in the city you just cant waste 10000 people and not deal with it.

Make it so you can go to pepper park outzone industrial.

Make it so copbots patrol and only cover genereps.

Make the sewers useful and connect so "murderers" can hang down there and come up for strikes against the city but have an actualy chance of taking down copbots.

Just make a copbot as equal strength to another runner.

g0rt
05-02-04, 22:16
UO siege is a proper hardcore server

you could have 999999999999999999 murder kills and still go into town NP, only catch is you cannot attack "blue" (good) players. BUT...if they attack YOU, they are labelled as an aggressor towards you..so you can fight back.

100% perfect system for a hardcore server. No carebear trash.

Exactly the kind of thing that neocron needs.

KimmyG
05-02-04, 22:17
Safety is in your house and thats it.

I could deal with copbots in the city in a few of the larger areas that attacked reds as long as they were weak.

Edit gorts idea is better a nice SP ruleset is the win.

Psycho Killa
05-02-04, 22:17
You cant attack "good" players in town thats more carebearish then what i proposed.

And yes the cops wouldnt be nearly as strong as they are now.

1 cop would be equal to 1 capped runnner. Or something along those lines. and only in key areas such as genereps main entrances. So you have to enter the back way but can still get in. Make it so they patrol so you have a chance of sneaking through and killing who you want.

g0rt
05-02-04, 22:19
You cant attack "good" players in town thats more carebearish then what i proposed.

And yes the cops wouldnt be nearly as strong as they are now.

1 cop would be equal to 1 capped runnner. Or something along those lines.

How so, no one will care about the positive SL noobs anyway, everyones gonna be neg sl and they will all be fighting it out non stop. When a positive SL noob attempts to get into teh fight, then hes fair game.

This should only apply to via3 tho not plaza/pp/oz

Psycho Killa
05-02-04, 22:21
Or make the cops actualy players so atleast we could get an evil vs good type battle going on. So if the city is gonna be clear of reds its gonna be up to city admin to deal with it. The cops can attempt to keep the reds out but the reds have an equal chance of fighting back.

Breschau
05-02-04, 22:21
I think there should still be copbots and faction guards (though not any more powerful than a well set up player character). Simply as a matter of theme and at least pretending to try and create a virtual world as opposed to a deathmatch arena.

So out in the wastelands, outzone, or even the slummier areas of a city, you could pull a weapon with little or no consequence. Try it in a thematically secure area (eg, via rosso) and expect the ruling authority to do something about it. In an ideal world that ruling authority would be players, but that's not gonna happen (patrolling the streets in the off chance someone picks your online time to make a strike just isn't fun).

My opinion isn't based on "I want a safe place to hang out", rather I want the online world to be as I'd imagine it if it were a book or film (or I guess reality).

I may be in the minority amongst pro-neptune players there though, and if so I'd put that aside and still support neptune.

Glok
05-02-04, 22:27
The term 'carebear' has ceased to have any meaning.

MMO deathmatch Neocron. :lol:

edit: Not to say that I'm against the idea, it would provide a server for those that would like that.

Sleawer
05-02-04, 22:36
The perfection of Neptune only will be achieved when players do everything by themselves.

Do you want to stop criminals to enter the city, police it yourself.
NCPD system to track murderers... duh no. Let's say you can track murderers when they use GR's hence using their DNA code in a public tracker.

Faction Guards and Cops should be gone completely, and SL would be a Status in Neocron.

I agree with g0rt.

Mingerroo
05-02-04, 22:38
*Nods* 100%, as long as we make the current rares store bought rather than non-existent. But they should be expensive to make/buy/repair.

Even if you don't want rares at all I'm 100% for it. 5 stars.

Steve

[edit]And people won't fight non-stop, to say they will is a grand assumption on your part. If anything things will settle out, because those who think they CAN fight all the time will be squashed. IMO, jsut do it, and see how it turns out... Let's not make any predictions of how people will act.

Psycho Killa
05-02-04, 22:41
Do you want to stop criminals to enter the city, police it yourself.
NCPD system to track murderers... duh no. Let's say you can track murderers when they use GR's hence using their DNA code in a public tracker.

Faction Guards and Cops should be gone completely, and SL would be a Status in Neocron.

I agree with g0rt.

Sounds good to me no reason to be tracked 24/7 but if you are spotted by a cop or use a generep your last position would be updated.

Mr. Chainsaw
05-02-04, 22:42
Oh my god...that would actually lead to people sneaking around rather than genrepping everywhere...that idea is great:)

Sleawer
05-02-04, 22:44
Exactly Mingerroo, we people tend to police ourselves for good and bad, those going in killing sprees will penalize themseles.

If the idea of having cops and faction guards is to encourage the rp enviroment of a city and different factions... well I can agree with that, but in the moment that npc's start to do things for us it will be ruined.

Now how many chars you think Neptune should have allowed?

Breschau
05-02-04, 22:45
The perfection of Neptune only will be achieved when players do everything by themselves.

I agree in principle, but I don't think it's practical. I think NPCs are required for certain roles simply because they're too boring for players to want to fill themselves.

I think defending secure areas is one of those roles that are too boring. Simply because of how much time you have to spend keeping the plaec secure compared with how much time you actually see some action when you're attacked. Very few people want to play the security guard that spends 1000 hours watching monitors and wandering empty halls just for the .5 hours where there's an actual incident to deal with.

End result, imo, would be supposedly secure areas are no more secure than one of those little wooden huts out in the wasteland swamps. Less so, since there's no dragonflies around ;p

I may, of course, be wrong.

Psycho Killa
05-02-04, 22:46
1 Slot whats the point of ever making a tradeskiller on neptune when everyone has tradeskill alts?

Judge
05-02-04, 22:49
Haven't read the whole thread but I liked the opening post. I'm assuming that when you say "remove rares" you mean make them all shopbought?

ezza
05-02-04, 22:49
only read the first post, and i am all for that.

i more so like the no rares shit, that would be more fun, and provide more usage for constructers

Mr. Chainsaw
05-02-04, 22:50
Yeah...it's not like rares are that rare these days :P

Mordillo
05-02-04, 22:51
if KK really want do it it will happen in 2006 i think KK should focus on DOY

but anyway it will be kewl i agree totally but cops/faction guards should be in to make little more difficoult to raid a sector or a HQ.
ah go lvl will be impossible... forget crp :)

Sleawer
05-02-04, 22:52
I think players could perfectly police their own areas and make them safe if they want.. just set enought vendors and resources in the HQ's and these will be populated.

Anyway what you say has sense Breschau... if it doesnt work maybe KK could add guards bought by clans or the faction council and that do not respawn.

/edit: yea PK I agree with only one slot, but the question still remains.

Breschau
05-02-04, 22:58
I suppose it'd be something that we'd have to try first to say for sure. We've seen how it works with faction guards, maybe see how it works without before saying for sure. My posts so far are just going based on what I *think* most players enjoy (re: playing certain roles, defender being one of them), along with my opinion on how the "world" should be. Reality might turn out differently.

And there'll be differing motivations for wanting Neptune which in turn would mean different details on how things worked. I want Neptune cos I think it'd be closer to modelling the neocron world (and I think I would enjoy it more as a result). I'm fairly sure there's others who want Neptune because it would make it possible to PK with far less restrictions and penalties. Both motivations are valid, though I'm undecided on how compatible they are.

fatwreck
05-02-04, 23:00
im moving to nepture the first day its out. no question about it. thats the server that will let NC be played the way i think it should be

Mingerroo
05-02-04, 23:02
Now how many chars you think Neptune should have allowed?

Just one.

Steve

Mordillo
05-02-04, 23:06
of course one char server
it will got like 300+ players on everynight and finally lots of old ppl will return i think it will makes neocron again popular

Archeus
05-02-04, 23:52
I don't think removing SL is a good idea. It is to have factions fighting factions, not fight who you please (you want that go to NF).

However a better system would be to remove SL guards and leave the faction guards in. Then the guards attack based on your faction rating. So mindless ganking your own guys will eventually force you out of your area.

KimmyG
05-02-04, 23:54
I don't think removing SL is a good idea. It is to have factions fighting factions, not fight who you please (you want that go to NF).

I think its a great idea and the only idea if you want pussy rules saturn and pluto is for you. Hardcore pvp server isn't plauged with rules.

Archeus
05-02-04, 23:54
As I said, its all a matter of what you wanna do in the game.

I don't wanna follow a guy around for a half hour waiting for him to be 50hp from a warbot to kill him. I find that boring.

Actually I don't do that at all. I try to take them out without them even knowing I am there. It is pretty tricky, but to each thier own.

Straight out PvP a la Deathmatch is boring.

Disturbed021
06-02-04, 00:13
Originally posted by KimmyG
I think its a great idea and the only idea if you want pussy rules saturn and pluto is for you. Hardcore pvp server isn't plauged with rules.

Then go play UT :p

Seriously I agree with just about all that PK said, however, there has to be some minor rules for Neptune like loosing Faction Symp for those ppl you kill which means the guards will attack you quicker.

And if Neptune were put out get rid of the copbots and say the only penalty for -sl is you can be found on the citycom with your last location. No dropping 5 items and no copbots ganking you as soon as you gr in.

Duder
06-02-04, 01:28
Remove rares then ill be running about with the megaman gat pistol weeeeeeee

KimmyG
06-02-04, 01:38
I dont care about loseing FS SL going -99 in every aspect of the game as long as all it means is I am red and when I die its the same as when some when with positive SL and FS goes down.

Glok
06-02-04, 01:43
I dont care about loseing FS SL going -99 in every aspect of the game as long as all it means is I am red and when I die its the same as when some when with positive SL and FS goes down. Then why even bother with Neocron? :confused:

KimmyG
06-02-04, 01:52
Originally posted by Glok
Then why even bother with Neocron? :confused:

If its no full out hardcore pvp why play on neptune?

It would be like adding stat lose and tram to Seige
or
Blocking full out combat on mordred

Glok
06-02-04, 01:58
But the whole point of this game is the struggle of the various factions. City Admin have control of the city, DoY will have control of their city, various factions have control of their various zones and HQs.... this game is not one big deathmatch round, it is supposed to have at least a little depth. :confused:

bounty
06-02-04, 02:00
I don't want a counter-strike with skill points and character building.

KRIMINAL99
06-02-04, 02:05
agreed

yanbybkipbbpbbp
06-02-04, 02:08
Then do not play on Neptune, we don't want you there anyways, at all.

Biznatchy
06-02-04, 02:32
Originally posted by yanbybkipbbpbbp
Then do not play on Neptune, we don't want you there anyways, at all.

Then if you play on Neptune you cant come back to the other servers? Im intrested in how many would trade your slots on the other servers to have this Neptune idea.

KimmyG
06-02-04, 07:21
What the fuck is everyones problem? No pure hardcore rules you got pluto take 2. If thats the case whos gonna play I for one will stick to saturn.

CR@SH
06-02-04, 07:42
Sorry to rain on your parade guys but many of these changes would mean that neptune would require special attention to function the way you want it to. Its just something i don't see KK doing as it would be lots more time consuming. Being realistic probably the best we could hope for on neptune is maybe removal of guards/copbots and no safe slot.

Breschau
06-02-04, 09:36
I dont care about loseing FS SL going -99 in every aspect of the game as long as all it means is I am red and when I die its the same as when some when with positive SL and FS goes down.
I'd agree with that - being evil/outlawed/whatever shouldn't change what happens when you die.

But I do think it should change the way the game world reacts to you (ie, unwelcome in cities or factions you've pissed off).

I personally think the game should have criminals and outlaws and treat them accordingly. But that means the world reacts to them, not that they have a seperate set of game mechanics (like the current drop rules). I also don't like the current way of identifying outlaws since currently it's just a mechanic to stop newb and ally killing, rather than representing those who have broken laws in the city (or otherwise shown themselves to be a threat to the city).

leGit v. 2
06-02-04, 11:23
How about the rares now.. become not rare =P can you can bp them and buy them at stores =P.. i like the idea.. but i dont wnana relevel god damn it..

PSYCHO you didnt even play today.. you promised to show up today so we can yenno...

GT_Rince
06-02-04, 12:13
Hell yeah - I can't wait for Neptune (if it ever turns up!). Nowhere is safe - drop weapons = teh fun :D

numb
06-02-04, 13:21
Originally posted by CR@SH
Sorry to rain on your parade guys but many of these changes would mean that neptune would require special attention to function the way you want it to. Its just something i don't see KK doing as it would be lots more time consuming. Being realistic probably the best we could hope for on neptune is maybe removal of guards/copbots and no safe slot.

I know what you mean slightly but (I say this not knowing how everything actually works behind the scenes - but I am a developer, so I can take a guess) : the logic for measuring most damage is already in the game with regards to mobs, that should be switchable to players - BUT I personally dont think that rule could work out fairly, it's not like every burst on your target causes the most damage (it's nothing like mob damage) - the first one is normally the most devastating and the following ones decrease.

The rare pool and item drops I believe are a database change and should not require coding changes, so it shouldnt require any extra attention once the initial change has been made, unless of course things need to be adjusted. I think the loot tables would be created almost entirely on the database pulling records from a source table with rare parts, the level 3 implants etc - so that source table would need to be adjusted to fit some of the other ideas the thread started came up with.

So it might just require database maintenance with special rules applied to the neptune server, all servers should have their own databases anyway...

Psycho Killa
06-02-04, 22:20
I think a couple of you are confusing "hardcore" with quake.

We can have a hardcore server where there isnt bullets flying every 3 feet.

g0rt
06-02-04, 22:29
I think a couple of you are confusing "hardcore" with quake.

We can have a hardcore server where there isnt bullets flying every 3 feet.

Argg this quake BS around every corner really gets under my skin.

Was UO 5 years ago quake? No..it was pure hardcore, all about fighting, doesn't matter WHO it is...you fight them and loot them thats it. No factions, no rules, no SL, no shit like that. Does that make it 2d quake? NO...not at all...

This whole quake comparison is really pathetic, not just aiming this at anyone specific, just in general.

Psycho Killa
06-02-04, 22:32
I usualy hate the comparison to when I ask for like just removal of safe zones and people call it quake but this is different.

I mean if someone kills a member of there own faction there is gonna be some penalty somehow.

Maybe add anarchy breed and they can kill who they want when they want without soullight loss or faction or anything,

What you want it doesnt make sense that I would be a black dragon and stabbing my own members in the back. Surely the leaders of the black dragon wouldnt appreciate that.

g0rt
06-02-04, 22:37
I usualy hate the comparison to when I ask for like just removal of safe zones and people call it quake but this is different.

I mean if someone kills a member of there own faction there is gonna be some penalty somehow.

Maybe add anarchy breed and they can kill who they want when they want without soullight loss or faction or anything,

What you want it doesnt make sense that I would be a black dragon and stabbing my own members in the back. Surely the leaders of the black dragon wouldnt appreciate that.

Why though? Whats wrong with a "hardcore" server where everyones unfactioned and SL is meaningless? You level up, setup your char, get items, and fight. And thats all you do. And as long as you're constantly fighting OTHER real players and not mind numbing NPC's, you're guaranteed a unique fight every time. It doesn't get boring....really.

But I dunno, everyone has thier own definition of hardcore, thats the problem. To me, hardcore is killing anyone you want, anywhere, at any time, without consequences, and getting ALOT for doing it...alot of loot.

Everyones definition of hardcore will be different, though.

Glok
06-02-04, 23:43
LOL g0rt, that is definitely hardcore. I think I would play a 'skiller on a server like that, just to be a dick and get stinking rich. :D

Birkoff
07-02-04, 00:13
Argg this quake BS around every corner really gets under my skin.

Was UO 5 years ago quake? No..it was pure hardcore, all about fighting, doesn't matter WHO it is...you fight them and loot them thats it. No factions, no rules, no SL, no shit like that. Does that make it 2d quake? NO...not at all...

This whole quake comparison is really pathetic, not just aiming this at anyone specific, just in general.

There was a still a murder system.

Going grey, red etc.

Bit like NC but better.. i miss old school UO :(