PDA

View Full Version : Pe Pa

DestructionUK
05-02-04, 17:10
anyone else think that apart from the black coloured version, it looks really pants?

\\Fényx//
05-02-04, 17:12
Originally posted by DestructionUK
anyone else think that apart from the black coloured version, it looks really pants?

it was originally the model and skin for spy PA, all the spy's cried and they got a decent model, the PEs cried because they wernt gonna get a PA, so got the spy's castoff :lol:

but yea, it su O_o

•Super|\|ova•
You're a bit late dude. People whined about it before it got in retail server but now they have finally realized it's not bad at all. Get over it.

Ferabukoo
errr?

what:wtf:

DestructionUK
05-02-04, 17:15
bah oh well, are both lvl 4 pa's both pistol and rifle black?

•Super|\|ova•
05-02-04, 17:16
Originally posted by DestructionUK
bah oh well, are both lvl 4 pa's both pistol and rifle black?

I think so.

robinitnow
05-02-04, 17:22
I have the blue one and I realy like it.

Dribble Joy
05-02-04, 17:24
The lvl 4 pistol is the nuts, and the rifle (blue) ones look good too.
Hopefully we will get the camo PEPA soon, so us non igh dex pistolers don't have to go around like bad entrants into a tin man competition.

Judge
05-02-04, 17:47
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
it was originally the model and skin for spy PA, all the spy's cried and they got a decent model, the PEs cried because they wernt gonna get a PA, so got the spy's castoff :lol:

I can't remember any PEs complaining about getting not PA.... Well no PEs of note at least. Maybe some noobs who just wanted to boost the class.

*note if I said we should get PA then I retract my previous statement :p*

Clownst0pper
05-02-04, 17:49
Actually the head was completely different, its eyes stuck out from the head, and the Mouth came up, like a big gas mask or something.

Anyway, the new PE PA camo version looks shit ho :D

El_MUERkO
05-02-04, 17:51
I dont mind it to much, its not the coolest but then maybe BDOY will cool-ify it :)

Dru Blood
05-02-04, 18:34
i use pistol pa 3 and i love it,

hated it at first but now i think it looks mean,

personaly i prefer my pe without his pa on, as he looks pimp, id just settle for a black armani suit or something as this would make him even more pimp.

spongeb0b
05-02-04, 18:46
It's a butt ugly PA but idk it grows on you over time (cant wait for camo tho It looks the mutts nuts)

Dribble Joy
05-02-04, 18:47
Hopefully with BDoY we will be able to optionize the PA/armour visuals.

Ascension
05-02-04, 19:58
Originally posted by Clownst0pper
the new PE PA camo version looks shit ho :D

Tht was made not by KK but by a GM.. its kinda like going into the mod forum and going *thts shit, thts shit*

Dude, he tried ive seen many cussing his work.. personally its looks cool.. but please think bout what ya say..

sorry to sound negative.. but its kinda thoughtless:(

HumphreY
05-02-04, 20:03
A PA for PE should have an invisible look. Cause PE looks cool enough the way it is ^^

For Tank, Monk and Spy I do unterstand why they have to boost up their natural apparence.

Barak
05-02-04, 21:10
bah it looks naff If i have half a choice in it i'll never even think about wearing it

Altho so many people say its crap then why the hell does about 95% of all the Pes I see wear the friggin thing.. bah bunch of cookie lovers.. grrr

*Strokes titan armor*

Mr. Chainsaw
05-02-04, 21:14
Next to Psi Monk PA, I think PE looks the most frightening. Come on, creepy skull face...it's creepy.

Furion
05-02-04, 21:52
Originally posted by Barak
bah it looks naff If i have half a choice in it i'll never even think about wearing it

Altho so many people say its crap then why the hell does about 95% of all the Pes I see wear the friggin thing.. bah bunch of cookie lovers.. grrr

*Strokes titan armor*

Aye, i swore to lib and titan armor, but then judge got a boost and i kinda had to use it to be effective :\

g0rt
05-02-04, 21:59
ya i wish my pistol pe could still look stylish but thanks to this shit PA i look like a gort nuff said

at least i use a titan vest on my rifle pe :D

QuantumDelta
05-02-04, 22:34
Although PE PA looks like some sort of 1960s darlek / darth vadar / scuba gear reject concept, the bonuses it affords are far too high for a PE to ignore.
Sure it effects our PSI ability a little, but the PC Bonus is staggering in a PEs world.

Mingerroo
05-02-04, 22:36
No, actually, any PA is better than no PA. And it could be a bloody LOT worse.

Steve

Judge
05-02-04, 22:45
I have stopped using it for a while.... but when the camo PA comes out, which I feel actually looks nice, then I will go back. But I will need a move-on in that case :)

Dribble Joy
05-02-04, 22:52
Originally posted by Furion
Aye, i swore to lib and titan armor, but then judge got a boost and i kinda had to use it to be effective :\

God, not another one!!!!

Furion
06-02-04, 00:34
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
God, not another one!!!!

u cant be a lib PE with the crappy dmg and aim it has atm, not with all the judge PEs running around, both outdamaging u and aims faster. besides, my con setup actually go better when i switched to PA :eek:

Dribble Joy
06-02-04, 00:40
I was reffering to you 'going judge', everyone is doing it now, just like they went RoLH when PEPA came out.

Rade
06-02-04, 00:44
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
Although PE PA looks like some sort of 1960s darlek / darth vadar / scuba gear reject concept, the bonuses it affords are far too high for a PE to ignore.
Sure it effects our PSI ability a little, but the PC Bonus is staggering in a PEs world.

Exactly. The PE PA is great, really great. When making a PA as
opposed to when making a tank every single point makes a huge
difference.

Also I think that the only reason Im still on my RoLH setup is the
fact that I look all black n cool n like stuff. The others look like shit.

Judge
06-02-04, 00:46
Originally posted by Furion
u cant be a lib PE with the crappy dmg and aim it has atm, not with all the judge PEs running around, both outdamaging u and aims faster. besides, my con setup actually go better when i switched to PA :eek:

But a lowtech libby PE with PA will have better defences than a Judge PE with PA. Only by a few percent (depending on drugs) but still a difference.

Originally posted by Dribble Joy
I was reffering to you 'going judge', everyone is doing it now, just like they went RoLH when PEPA came out.

I didn't.... I went lowtech libby :D

g0rt
06-02-04, 00:55
a lowtech PE can be just fine with a titan vest tbh

but yeah....PA is too good to ignore for a hightech pe

icarium
06-02-04, 01:00
it sucks, people are just used to it is all

Dribble Joy
06-02-04, 01:20
Originally posted by Judge
But a lowtech libby PE with PA will have better defences than a Judge PE with PA. Only by a few percent (depending on drugs) but still a difference.

Unless a libby PE uses a str imp for lvl 3 inq, there is fuck all difference between a libby and judge defence. That is, if the judge has crap agl or is drugging, like me. :p

gostly
06-02-04, 01:33
i just wish that tank/spy/pe pa's were like monk pa's...since monk pa's get the red apu and blue ppu....what we have is tank melee blue heavy plain white(or grey whatever)...and then spy pistol blue and spy rifle white...and then pe rifle blue and pe pistol white...

white/grey is such a plain color...it's like a default for everything in the world...so boring...i'd like to see the ones that are white replaced with a red or yellow or an uber purple...anything but white...

i capped my pe...wore black pa for rolh, but after judge got boosted i tore out some imps and replaced them to go for judge/lib setup...so now im on the white pistol pe pa3...

all pa1-3's that are white arent any different in color either...as ive noticed the red/blues do tho...(like pa1 blue is different from the pa2 blue, etc...)

comeon how long would it take to put some color on those bitchin' things :rolleyes:

wun
06-02-04, 01:35
i would prefer not wearing the pa...it's not the sexiest thing ingame... but like QD said the benefits outweigh not wearing it...

yes it also made my setup less of a headache... (also remember my setup was made not include any drugs... although i have to say the benefits of redflash in the speed department is harder and harder to ignore)...

i might swap the pa out again someday.. if i go lowtech pistols.... when i've practised enough (read get some skills :D) to keep my libby locked better... until then i'll keep TC for blacksun.. (and i'll test the judge too.... mmmm green plasma.... warmmmmm :p)

Clyde
06-02-04, 02:56
it looks tight plain and simple, the spy pa is the joke. it looks retarded as fuck, skinny body with a big head

Mattimeo
06-02-04, 04:15
I hate the PE PA. When I made my PE I did it because I liked the look and "flexability" of PEs in this game. if anyone ever catches me wearing that ugly piece of garbage, I beg you, PK me till it drops, PLEASE.

I said it when they added it, and I'll forever say it, it's the ugliest thing in a game I've ever seen, and I've seen alot of ugly games. I'm just glad my friend offered to pay for my account after they added it, or I would have quit over how fugly that thing is. I'm praying with DOY they'll remodel it.

Rade
06-02-04, 04:44
Originally posted by wun
(and i'll test the judge too.... mmmm green plasma.... warmmmmm :p)

piew piew, piew piew, piew piew, piew piew, piew piew, piew
piew, piew piew, piew piew, piew piew, piew piew, piew piew,
piew, piew piew, piew piew, piew piew, piew piew, the end.

wun
06-02-04, 05:03
Originally posted by Rade
piew, piew piew, piew piew, piew piew, piew piew, the end.

hahaha

great... i'll go (more) mental...

but tbh i pref the spy pa in look... pe pa would have been ok if it had been a slimmed down version of the tank pa...

spongeb0b
06-02-04, 10:12
I think he meant shit hot... (good)

[edit: that was at ascention's post on page one sry I didn't read all thread]

btw: whoever used PA4 (and gimped to get it on) to use ROLH there is no need it is posible to use ROLH in PA3 without drugs (like me)

g0rt
06-02-04, 10:49
Originally posted by Judge

I didn't.... I went lowtech libby :D

Actually the only difference between a smart lowtech libby PE and a smart hightech judge pe (with a sa :p) will be poison resist.

One will have it, the other wont :(

Otherwise you would be amazed how close the two can come defensively.

Leebzie
06-02-04, 12:32
its not 'too' bad...

I think a bit of work on the proportions of limbs/body could be tweaked, And the helmet looks, well... a bit odd :wtf:

Other than that I quite like it (coloured versions only)

Furion
06-02-04, 15:36
Originally posted by Clyde
it looks tight plain and simple, the spy pa is the joke. it looks retarded as fuck, skinny body with a big head

o_O
the spy PA is the best looking one!

spongeb0b
06-02-04, 15:38
I don't like the three eyes on one side of the head... looks dodgy

Mattimeo
06-02-04, 16:26
I'll trade PA designs with Spys anyday. God I hate the PE PA look.

Judge
06-02-04, 17:56
Originally posted by g0rt
Actually the only difference between a smart lowtech libby PE and a smart hightech judge pe (with a sa :p) will be poison resist.

One will have it, the other wont :(

Otherwise you would be amazed how close the two can come defensively.

Yeah thats why I said only a few percent. Also if you use drugs in your setup then you are definitely basically using the same implant setup as a lowtech Libby PE (of one setup.... not as some).

Thing is that if you sacrifice a small amount of RoF then you can wear inq 3 armour, which gives you quite a few points to play around with, which is probably why you mentioned Poison? Personally my setup is made without PA and has no poison at all, just stay about 20m back from tanks with ravagers :)

Dribble Joy
06-02-04, 17:57
Lemme guess a str heart2 and heat1?

With that you can have silly resists.

spongeb0b
06-02-04, 18:23
don't you mean devourer?

Scikar
06-02-04, 18:35
Seems funny really, the PE PA looks pretty damn awful but the bonuses are too good to miss, whereas the Tank PA looks awesome, but the penalties for wearing it outweigh the benefits. :(

Judge
06-02-04, 19:21
Originally posted by spongeb0b
don't you mean devourer?

That I do. :)