PDA

View Full Version : New Melle weapons

Mr Blonde
05-02-04, 16:00
Ok ........... heres my idea i think that more melle weapons should be added or the ones we have all ready should be tweaked..... i think you should be able to mod blades with poisen or phospher or uranium since every other weapon can get ammo mods. also i think that the paw of bear and paw of tiger should be able to be used as duel claws since them on there own can not even come close to matching up to a CS or devourer....... also i think some sought of boxing glove should be added for un armed combat....... if a tank can weild swords why can he not use fists effectively............ please post your thoughts

Dribble Joy
05-02-04, 16:03
Two handed weapons - slow but deadly.

Impact fists

Dual weapons - swords/knives/claws.

AFAIK, there are going to be some new non rares to bridge the gap from non rare to rare.

t0rqu3
05-02-04, 16:24
Why would you use boxing gloves?

They'd REDUCE damage... Unless they had tons of barbed wire and shit like the "Stinger" Moe from the Simpson shows Homer when he gets into boxing :P

GT_Rince
05-02-04, 16:27
Yep - I like. I have a Melee Tank and once you get to Devils Grace, that is it. I think there should also me a higher STR lvl weapon - like 110-115 STR. DG is nice, but needs the colour changing back again. 2-handed 115 STR 'Claws' would rock :D

Cyphor
05-02-04, 16:29
http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=74216&highlight=melee

lupus proposed a set of changes here, afaik he's still looking into implimenting them.

MjukisDjur
05-02-04, 16:31
I want my proton ax. Killed scorpitron in no time and he is a mean sob.

(95% of the population wont know what im speaking about...;))

Cytaur
05-02-04, 17:03
sledgehammer !!!!

boneybob
05-02-04, 17:07
I agree, their should be more Melle weapondary (at high levels, coz theirs already of low level rare melles).
Pluss a good tweaking of the old rare melles wouldent go amiss :D (u like the new red DG?)

BB

Benjie
05-02-04, 17:45
Rare Brass Knuckles: Bloody Implant (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=88251)
This thread has a nice roleplay story for you all to read. It's basiclly a new melee rare I came up with. :)

I hope you like it. Because I think there should be more and new melee weapons.

Fight the power!

Ultima
05-02-04, 17:46
I think the idea of modding a blade with phosphor or poison is wrong as blades don't take ammo...

but how about the option to buy poison you can line on the blade that lasts for around ten minutes before needing to be re-applied. Similar methods could some how be applied for xray and fire damage.

This could allow melee users to possibly use more than one damage type on their blade at a time, boosting melee weapons a bit. :)

Mr Blonde
05-02-04, 17:49
yeah tbh i think thats a great idea, but i still think the duel claws would even the odds for melle

Benjie
05-02-04, 17:51
Originally posted by Ultima
I think the idea of modding a blade with phosphor or poison is wrong as blades don't take ammo...
I think it would be nice if you could Poison mod a melee weapon, but the poison made the weapon degrade faster than it currently does.

Then make un-modded melee weapons harder to break.

Mr. Chainsaw
05-02-04, 18:06
New high tech weapon: Chainsaws! You swing it once when you press the attack button and it does big damage, but if you hold it after that you hold the chainsaw out in front of you to deliver a constant stream of lesser damage. This game needs chainsaws.

Tickles
05-02-04, 19:24
i want a rare baseball bat :(

L0KI
05-02-04, 19:30
Scythe god dammit....

GT_Rince
05-02-04, 19:30
Originally posted by Ultima

but how about the option to buy poison you can line on the blade that lasts for around ten minutes before needing to be re-applied.

LOL - I said this in a thread about Melee & Poison mods a couple of days ago :D

Stop pinchin my ideas ;)

Mr Blonde
05-02-04, 19:40
lol yeah i like that idea about a scythe....... how about a mace?

Cyphor
05-02-04, 20:52
how about a kinky whip :p :D

-FN-
06-02-04, 05:44
I want AoE Melee!!!

Like a ball & chain I can whip around and hit everyone around me with :D

KramerTheWeird
06-02-04, 05:57
If melee was modable with damage types, reakktor would have done it by now. Unfortunately because of coding they can't. The only way I see this possible is if the weapons have their own damage types, like so:

Paw of Tiger: Fire/Pierce
Electric Tempest: Energy/Xray
Vein Ripper: Poison/Pierce
Blade of Ceres: Fire/Pierce
Energy Soulblade: Fire/Energy/Pierce
Thunderbolt: Energy/Fire
Paw of Tiger: Xray/Pierce
Devil's Grace: Xray/Energy/Pierce

Non-rare melee weapons can be what they currently are. This would mean switching different rares gives you a different type of damage. Maybe the Vein Ripper could become the melee's devourer and used for it's poison and still be effective, and if the enemy is resisting it easy you could switch between energy soulblade and devil's grace to see which one deals more damage (if xray or fire hurts more). Just an idea to introduce other damage types to melee, as mods are not possible.

ServeX
06-02-04, 06:03
Sledgehammer would absolutely rock...

Agent L
06-02-04, 20:39
I only want most powerfull nontech meele to be a sword, not some Freddy Kruger toy.

Endar
07-02-04, 12:00
How about some real CyberPunk weapons like katanas, butterfly knifes and sledgehammers (mentioned earlier). If Neocron tryies to be a CP game, why not to be a REAL CP game with all that hightech stuff mixed up with old stuff.

Oh and BTW i want the Construction skill to be fixed. Whats the point of needing 130 points in CST to make a Outstanding TL2 item?? I mean, 50-70 points in CST would be the max that you need to make a Outstanding TL2-10 item. The 130 points would be needet for making higher TL stuff like TL75-100 and TL150 for those TL100 --> stuff like rares...

JiNxY
07-02-04, 12:40
i think DG caps too easy, i think you should need alot more skill to cap melee's, at the moment a HC tank can use HC fine and use melee just fine with the imp bonus, yet the other way round is far from true..

so basically i want it alot harder to cap Melee rares, and even more of a dmg increase. no aoe on melee makes it slow leveling, and i think the dmg isnt high enough to compensate for you having to run right up to your enemy, maybe only get a few hits off because you've been hit all the way to your enemy, then when you get there you've been Glued to the spot and have to pop a million drugs to get away.

also i find i dont get to play my Melee tank on jupi much, because everything i have breaks every hour or so!!!
really, why do they degrade so stupidly fast, its very annoying and its unfair to go through a rare weapon that fast when everybody else can keep theirs for months and months.

Shadow Dancer
07-02-04, 12:43
OOOOOOOOOOOOH, I like the idea of a whip.