PDA

View Full Version : Baby chaos caves?

RayBob
05-02-04, 14:12
The sewers and aggy pits are great for new players--with mobs from lvl 1 to 20ish. After that, the only good leveling is at the many launcher (lvl 50) spawn spots until you can hunt WBs and 70+ fire mobs.

There is no variety and a huge leveling gap between lvl 20 and lvl 70 mobs. I would love to see some caves with a high concentration of lvl 30-60 mobs.

Q`alooaith
05-02-04, 14:15
well there are a few mob's 30-60 level, you just have to know where to look..

Aggy celler's are bad and should be removed, they are just a stupidly easy leveling trap..

Original monk
05-02-04, 14:15
you call this a good idea ?????????

you you you

-> are right -> i voted 5 stars, they better read it up there ...

extract
05-02-04, 14:16
launcher pits east of chester is a great spot for what you are looking for, as is MB bunker, altho not a cave they have really high respawn rates and are great places to lvl around that lvl

numb
05-02-04, 14:17
I'm all for new things in the game, I get the impression from the BDoY plan file that there will be more caves introduced, so at least that will add variety.

There are more places to level than just the places you mentioned though. Like the swamp caves, wormholes, DoY bots.

There are various spawns across the wastes with Butchees and of course you have the storage areas and the outzone.

It's not all that bad currently come to think of it.

netster
05-02-04, 14:33
Originally posted by Q`alooaith
Aggy celler's are bad and should be removed, they are just a stupidly easy leveling trap..

aggy's are very cool to level SL and Faction-Symp, so they need to stay! :P

Vampire222
05-02-04, 14:34
remove levleing altogether, give ppl exp for pk'ing

Q`alooaith
05-02-04, 14:37
Originally posted by netster
aggy's are very cool to level SL and Faction-Symp, so they need to stay! :P

No, these are the reason's they need to go....

Let's see, roll a new char, run to aggy celler's and level till I can run to MB, then the caves, and so on..

I'd rather the celler's are removed, they make the game too easy, no point for them to be in game, the whole of outzone is meant to be mid to low level leveling, pepper park sewer's hardly see anyone anymore, back in beta you could find team's running though them often, esp the first one in pepper 1 near the zone line, best way to get street rifles..

The aggy celler's are the reason for the bleeding loot nerf you do know that right...

J. Folsom
05-02-04, 14:40
That storage in Outzone 4 sure is a nice place, friendly inhabitants, always up for a game of catch. I still need to teach them grenades aren't suited for that though...

Also, those swamp guys are pretty neat, though they need to learn bathing in swamp water doesn't help your smell.

Cyphor
05-02-04, 14:40
There's the ind cellers, and elfarid village uderground, but yeah more variety would be good, also need to put more incentive to go to some of the other caves, when was the last time you found a lvling team in the crystal caves or the worm caves :p

Also add another graves, with the current increase in droners its starting to get busy, then all that needs to happen is a team of a apu and ppu come along and the droners might as well log off as they wont have a hope of getting decent exp.

Possibly use some of the areas around the city gates for new noob caves, crest village, the old anarchy breed hq area etc.

amfest
05-02-04, 14:43
I wouldn't mind the aggie rooms as much if they were just connected to the other sewer rooms .. like level 2 sewer .. then you have to get to the back of that area then zone into it. Right now it's just retarded looking with the hatches thrown in shops and such >_>

numb
05-02-04, 14:58
Originally posted by amfest
I wouldn't mind the aggie rooms as much if they were just connected to the other sewer rooms .. like level 2 sewer .. then you have to get to the back of that area then zone into it. Right now it's just retarded looking with the hatches thrown in shops and such >_>

I think the aggie rooms are cellars though, so it kind of makes sense for it to be directly under a building.

numb
05-02-04, 15:05
There is a storage in OZ 3 or 4 I think that is full of spiders up to 46/46 i *think*. That's another to try at that level.

Also TH core 3 is a decent place if you can get in there without the turrets blasting seven shades of crap out of you.

There's plenty of places to level actually, people just tend to go to which ever gives the more xp/time rather than what's fun/interesting to play.

You could quite possibly do a large amount of levelling through the ind zones > main sewer (the big one) > outzone > storage etc - hm! I'm half tempted to reroll my new researcher and do this, if I can get some mates to join me. You only do those sort of things when you dont know the game inside out and I remember having loads of fun with my mates doing this when I started, and industrial areas are now teaming with mobs so it'd be even better.

Sleawer
05-02-04, 15:12
I dont like aggy cellars either.. I'd rather have inside the safe city zones normal sewers with rats, bees and some toxic plants than the easy leveling spots that we have now.

The OutZone should be the place to exp up at those levels, with loads of mutants and a nasty enviroment of ruined buildings and 'abandoned' cellars.

If the OZ was more populated the abandoned cellars in there could be improved to contain certain high lvl mob boss and more interesting stuff... what a shame that such a great place is underpopulated and overshadowed by a crappy plaza cellar.

amfest
05-02-04, 15:33
If the OZ was more populated the abandoned cellars in there could be improved to contain certain high lvl mob boss and more interesting stuff... what a shame that such a great place is underpopulated and overshadowed by a crappy plaza cellar

well said. But now that it's in . .no one will want their ease removed .. it's like ppu ..err n/m let's not get into that :p

SypH
05-02-04, 15:39
OZ storage halls are great for lvling. A mate and I spent ages there constantly running back and forth clearing out each room. We had a few hairy moments after making mad charges into the fray, we got loads of XP and had a good laugh. Aggies are over rated and over populated.

Strych9
05-02-04, 15:45
Raybob, just hit all of the storage zones. My fav used to be Industrial Lab A (thats the name of the genrep, forget which storage it is... 7 or 8). It is filled with Butchees, Hurlers, Aggies and Agg Caps, and Launchers. All 30-50 in levels.

So I think that totally satisfies your need.

Now between 50 and 70 there is a gap, but I havent even been at a place in the game where "50 is too easy, but 70 is too hard."

Esp if you hit El Farid and such.