PDA

View Full Version : Keep and open mind. (Psi idea)

Q`alooaith
05-02-04, 13:51
Blame it on Amfest again..

Ok, atm psi is split, APU, PPU.. the other skill's in the psi area are just to bolster these two main skill areas..

Now, how's about we turn this on it's head.

We take every skill out of psi, and make all monk's hybrid's again..

Then we tweak all spell's, APE for Agressive Psi effect, PPE for passive psi effect, APD for agressive psi damage, and APE for area psi effect...

Now, there'd be no penalty for having agressive and passive effect's..

Now spell's like heal santum's need PPE and APE, since they are both passive and area effect, same with group spells.. Anti buff spell's would need APE, but not need any APD.. PPW would stay in unchanged, and resist Psi would stay, but become used for resisting APD effect's..

The change's don't nerf monk's, they make all monk's hybrid to some degree, or not if they don't want to.. Idea is to make the spell tree's branch off so you can skill diffrently for diffrent spells..

//Can some kindly mod fix the title at all?

Mr_Snow
05-02-04, 13:56
The problem being some people like being pures and other then that all spells would have to be nerfed hard, para and damage boost will have to be removed and in general the whole psi-monk spell system would reworked as to balance the class which has never really been done yet.

Q`alooaith
05-02-04, 14:04
No spell would have to be removed..

Damge boost, that's a passive effect maybe (it's temping to put it to APU as it's good damager, but it is a passive, as in it does no direct damage, spell)

Spell's would not have to be nerfed..,.. At all, the ammount of skill point's needed is the ballencer, which is not what I'm talking about..

It's upto KK to make the ballence right, this idea is not about ballance it's about changing the APU/PPU system into somthing more fluid..

Shadow Dancer
05-02-04, 19:58
No, pures and hybrids should both be viable.

Strych9
05-02-04, 20:04
So now this would mean four skills + PPW + MST (unless you meant remove it) for a Psi to have to populate in order to function in the game?

Or wait, you mean that pures would each just need two skill areas plus MST plus PPW (or three if you mean remove MST)

and hybridsw ould have to have all six skills (five if you mean to remove MST).

So basically just make it so that a monk cant have high leve APU and PPU spells at the same time..

Isnt there a way of doing that without totally redoing the whole system?

Devils Grace
05-02-04, 20:14
wha ?

Q`alooaith
06-02-04, 09:17
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
No, pures and hybrids should both be viable.

They would both be viable..

It'd just be a diffrent set of psi skill's.. you could still go APE and APD and go for spell's that are just agressive..

Though the idea is to make psi's more ballanced than they currently are..

Originally posted by Strych9
So now this would mean four skills + PPW + MST (unless you meant remove it) for a Psi to have to populate in order to function in the game?

Or wait, you mean that pures would each just need two skill areas plus MST plus PPW (or three if you mean remove MST)

and hybridsw ould have to have all six skills (five if you mean to remove MST).

So basically just make it so that a monk cant have high leve APU and PPU spells at the same time..

Isnt there a way of doing that without totally redoing the whole system?

I'm saying remove MST too..

But, this system let's for diffrent combo's, you can have the PPU without santum's and group spell's..

So many people don't see, the req's would be just about the same in term's of point's needed to use each spell, but the idea let's for spell's to come into diffrent "tree's" Agressive, Agressive AoE, Passive, Passive AoE... And that's the idea..

So Psi's have a better choice, and it's less a matter of use bolt's till you can use halo's, then halo's till holy halo's, picking up barrel's for power leveling large group mob's.. It would mean psi's could choose to go the Agressive AoE, or PPU's forgoing santum and group spell's in favor of getting some APE spell's like anti spell's..

Psyco Groupie
06-02-04, 09:40
what the fuck o_O

never going to work.

Dade Murphey
06-02-04, 09:50
Actually...I'd kinda like to see it all go back to the way it was way way back...APU/PPU/EPU/Res PSI...though I can't remember xactly what was in EPU...I think it was thing like res and some other stuff...if I recall it didn't start until you had like 75 points in it or some such thing...I just remember really like my Psi in beta a lot more than I have ever liked one in retail

amfest
06-02-04, 09:55
he says blame it on me but I'm more for 2 differnt sets as combat and nature like in dungeon seige . . combat has some healing time spells or leech spells but they aren't as effective as nature . .. and nature has attack spells but again not as effective or haard hitting as combat . .. the spell types are different also .. like combat has things like fire . . while nature has electrical type attacks . .. . nature can put up a shield of electrical power .. so whensomeone hitsthem it zaps them also . . combat can cast a spell that makes a totally devasting fire attack around them and only caught in the blast is fried to a toast quickly . . so combat users can attack harsh and heal or leech to some degree though if they try to heal in combat they will most likely die ... but they do have the option to run and heal ... whilst nature users can defend themselvse and actually LEVEL on their own . . but their main role is to help defend their team and be supportive but if they need to they can also attack. But since pures were already put in . . . it will never happen cause one likes the idea of having total destructive power . .while theother likes having the ability to live through hell and back <though as new things come out and nerfs come lets' see how long that happens>

Exotic psi use only had resuurect and dmg boost in it . .and they were at 50 or something pionts invested into it . .lol

Nash_Brigham
06-02-04, 12:45
Unless this really drops MST requirement and allows me to free up an extra 115 skill points, I really do not see any difference from what we have now, other than renaming APU and PPU.

Q`alooaith
06-02-04, 15:36
It's more than that, can't you read the whole post.

Point is agressive monk's could choose to do without Area effecting spell's, or choose to go with area spell's and take less damage ones..

all sorts would be that little bit diffrent..

Agent L
06-02-04, 20:21
I like it.
It is the CHOICE - one that you don't have now.

of coz without MST. MST is pure points sink, no need of that with 4 skills :D

Clownst0pper
06-02-04, 22:22
@ thread starter.

Are you on Crack at the minute? Your throwing out more ideas than Orange at a board meeting. :lol: